2024 Rocket Mortgage Classic WITB Photos ×

Bushnell Launch Pro Device with Foresight

23 hours ago, kwettig said:

I bought a cyberpower pc on Amazon and it was a great deal at the time when graphics cards were a small fortune.  Set up was pretty easy and it doesn’t come with all the bloatware programs like a dell, hp or Lenovo.  Found this one that would be fine to run it.  I think others have mentioned getting a gaming laptop at a pawn shop for a song.  But for new this is about as low as I’ve seen. 

Would something like this work?

I know very little about computers or even what to look for to run GSPro and FSX2000. 

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/asus-tuf-gaming-15-6-laptop-intel-core-i5-8gb-memory-nvidia-geforce-rtx-3050-512gb-ssd-eclipse-grey/6512281.p?skuId=6512281

i have seen people “turn down the graphics” with a lesser PC which I would be fine with. I don’t even project so I’d be fine with worse graphics if it means I could save some money on the computer. 

Edited by ilikegolf26

38 minutes ago, ilikegolf26 said:

Would something like this work?

I know very little about computers or even what to look for to run GSPro and FSX2000. 

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/asus-tuf-gaming-15-6-laptop-intel-core-i5-8gb-memory-nvidia-geforce-rtx-3050-512gb-ssd-eclipse-grey/6512281.p?skuId=6512281

i have seen people “turn down the graphics” with a lesser PC which I would be fine with. I don’t even project so I’d be fine with worse graphics if it means I could save some money on the computer. 

It meets the recommended specs by foresight for FSX 2020.  It probably won’t run FSX play very well if at all.  Looks like it’s lower than min spec for gs pro but on Reddit they were getting comparable cards to run it in lower resolution.  It should work.

5 minutes ago, kwettig said:

It meets the recommended specs by foresight for FSX 2020.  It probably won’t run FSX play very well if at all.  Looks like it’s lower than min spec for gs pro but on Reddit they were getting comparable cards to run it in lower resolution.  It should work.

If it meets the specs why wouldn’t it run it at all?

1 hour ago, ilikegolf26 said:

If it meets the specs why wouldn’t it run it at all?

FSX Play has different minimum specs than FSX 2020.  You may be able to run it just fine at a lower resolution but I was just letting you know the RTX3050 laptop graphics card is rated lower than the minimum spec card on Foresight’s website for FSX Play.  I’m not really sure I just know compared to 2020 FSX Play is much more graphically intensive and tends to bog my card down.  I think for the use case you described that laptop should work and it seems like a good deal IMO.  

11 hours ago, kwettig said:

FSX Play has different minimum specs than FSX 2020.  You may be able to run it just fine at a lower resolution but I was just letting you know the RTX3050 laptop graphics card is rated lower than the minimum spec card on Foresight’s website for FSX Play.  I’m not really sure I just know compared to 2020 FSX Play is much more graphically intensive and tends to bog my card down.  I think for the use case you described that laptop should work and it seems like a good deal IMO.  

Thank you. 

1 hour ago, ilikegolf26 said:

Can anyone recommend me a laptop that I’d be able to use for FSX 2020 and FSX Play? The different processors or graphics cards confuse me. I’d be fine if I only had e6 graphics. 

The last 2 numbers are the ones that matter. They need to be 60 and higher (60ti and higher for the 1060 series) to run play. The MINIMUM is 60, so to run it smoothly, you’d want 80 or 90, which will not be cheap. 

Due to that, I’m sticking with 2020 since my laptop has a 3050 card

1 minute ago, No_Ugos said:

The last 2 numbers are the ones that matter. They need to be 60 and higher (60ti and higher for the 1060 series) to run play. The MINIMUM is 60, so to run it smoothly, you’d want 80 or 90, which will not be cheap. 

Due to that, I’m sticking with 2020 since my laptop has a 3050 card

K I just bought a laptop with RTX 3060. I ran it by some of the guys in the Discord and they approved of it so should be alright to go now. Thanks. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Thats two thus far Shooter said:

They wouldn’t make Pebble Beach free with an update, would they….?

9EC093BA-5172-4470-A99F-B79257832CC8.jpeg

I doubt it.  The other free courses were $250 range and pebble is $500.  They should though I would bet it would get quite a few people to upgrade.  I’m excited though…I haven’t played pebble since Play came out.

edit:  looks like they are releasing a new update of play with tournaments and a match play scoring option too!

Edited by kwettig

9 hours ago, No_Ugos said:

https://shop.foresightsports.com/collections/current-specials/products/gc3-players-plus-bundle-protection-package
for the price and the courses included, this is a no brainer. Ends tomorrow. 

I still think the Labor Day sale was better. And I imagine black Friday will have even better deals, for those who can wait.

I like golf. A lot.

3 hours ago, TomBomb51 said:

I still think the Labor Day sale was better. And I imagine black Friday will have even better deals, for those who can wait.

The Costco sim in a box deal with the GC3 this summer was a steal.  They used to do the deal twice a year with the quad…I think in November as well so look out for it if you’re in the market for a full sim.  30 courses and gaming computer included was $12,500.

I bought a CADeN Camera Backpack that’s been linked a few times. Seems just as good as the bag Foresight sells and much cheaper. 

https://shop.foresightsports.com/collections/accessories/products/gc3-sling-bag

Also, I prefer that my bag doesn’t advertise exactly what’s inside. 

2 hours ago, Seamus_McDuff said:

I bought a CADeN Camera Backpack that’s been linked a few times. Seems just as good as the bag Foresight sells and much cheaper. 

https://shop.foresightsports.com/collections/accessories/products/gc3-sling-bag

Also, I prefer that my bag doesn’t advertise exactly what’s inside. 

I got the bigger Caden Backpack and it’s perfect for the GC3, cords, alignment stick, microfiber, etc, and fits a full size laptop. And it doesn’t say steal me! 

• Like 1

Cobra LTDx 10.5* Tour AD HD 5X, Big Tour 15.5*, Rad Tour 18.5*, Even Flow White 6.0

Titleist U500 4 23* Hzdrus Smoke Black 6.0 

Titleist 718 AP2 5-P DG AMT White S300 

Vokey SM7 50/8* F, 54/10* S, SM8 58/10* S, DG S200

Odyssey 2 Ball Blade, Vice Pro Plus, Foresight GC3 

5 hours ago, Seamus_McDuff said:

Foresight website has the 1660ti as minimum spec…which is rated slightly higher than the 1660super you linked. The 2060 will work though I see they have the 3060ti for $399 which seems like a much better deal if you can swing it.  Not sure what Amazon’s return policy is but maybe you could get the 1660super and see if it works if you’re on a tight budget and return it if it doesn’t work.

edit:  looks like bestbuy has the 3060ti for $399 as well.  Should be lots of deals coming with the 40 series coming out tomorrow.  I’m probably going to upgrade from my 3060 soon. 

Edited by kwettig
  • Like 1

Played a few courses tonight on FSX Play.  I’m running a 11600kf i5 rtx3060 16gb ram on a benq TK700STi 4k projector.  I get anywhere from 20-50fps on full performance mode in 4k.  If I try balanced or full graphics it drops under 10 so there is quite a disparity between the settings.  It doesn’t really stutter in ball flight but occasionally will in the hole preview or if I hit it into a particularly wooded area.  Very playable though for the most part.  

I’m interested if anyone can get full graphics to run at 40+ fps in 4k and what their card is.  Think a 3080ti should be enough but maybe I should just wait for the 40 series.

Also got a hole in 1 on hole 13 of pitch and putt…125 yards on a simulated par 3 ish course counts right?? 😂 

DEAD BLP! Long time guys. My BLP has been good. No B4 C10 errors for a while. I noticed the battery wasn’t great. After one 2 hour session, battery would be gone. Then tonight, I forgot to plug it in. Battery went to 2%. I plugged it in then it would never turn back on. I charged it for 1 hour. No luck. I charged it for 5 hours. It still won’t turn on. I held down the power button 30 seconds. I pressed that little pin switch next to the power button. No luck. 

I purchased one of the first units when it came out November. Might as well send it back for inspection before my warranty is up. Since I have a Bushnell Launch Pro, anyone have luck getting a new unit quickly? Just send contact Bushnell and send it back or will the Foresight guys take care of this?

Thanks.

3 hours ago, Frank_Dux said:

DEAD BLP! Long time guys. My BLP has been good. No B4 C10 errors for a while. I noticed the battery wasn’t great. After one 2 hour session, battery would be gone. Then tonight, I forgot to plug it in. Battery went to 2%. I plugged it in then it would never turn back on. I charged it for 1 hour. No luck. I charged it for 5 hours. It still won’t turn on. I held down the power button 30 seconds. I pressed that little pin switch next to the power button. No luck. 

I purchased one of the first units when it came out November. Might as well send it back for inspection before my warranty is up. Since I have a Bushnell Launch Pro, anyone have luck getting a new unit quickly? Just send contact Bushnell and send it back or will the Foresight guys take care of this?

Thanks.

There's been a few posts about the very first batch of units eventually having battery issues you describe, even after working flawlessly for months. Since it sounds like a known issue, Bushnell will send you a return slip and replace the unit, without really any questions asked. You should call for quickest response (vs email) and as we are approaching the 1 yr anniversary for initial release, I'd do it sooner than later to avoid any potential warranty expiration. Good luck 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Topher925 said:

There's been a few posts about the very first batch of units eventually having battery issues you describe, even after working flawlessly for months. Since it sounds like a known issue, Bushnell will send you a return slip and replace the unit, without really any questions asked. You should call for quickest response (vs email) and as we are approaching the 1 yr anniversary for initial release, I'd do it sooner than later to avoid any potential warranty expiration. Good luck 

Thanks for the quick response. Yes, I got the unit Dec 1st and warranty is running out. I did what you said and spoke with Bob in the BLP department. He said I already did all the troubleshooting that he would recommend (30 sec power button hold down, the pin in the back). He did confirm that the 1st batch had battery issues but the latest ones don't. Bob immediately sent me a Fedex return label and said once receive, they could send a new unit out 1-2 day overnight. 

I guess it's kinda good this happened now before the warranty runs out or I would have a $3k doorstop LOL. Thanks for your assistance and guidance. Really appreciate it. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Frank_Dux said:

Thanks for the quick response. Yes, I got the unit Dec 1st and warranty is running out. I did what you said and spoke with Bob in the BLP department. He said I already did all the troubleshooting that he would recommend (30 sec power button hold down, the pin in the back). He did confirm that the 1st batch had battery issues but the latest ones don't. Bob immediately sent me a Fedex return label and said once receive, they could send a new unit out 1-2 day overnight. 

I guess it's kinda good this happened now before the warranty runs out or I would have a $3k doorstop LOL. Thanks for your assistance and guidance. Really appreciate it. 

Mine comes back from Foresight this week after it froze during last firmware update.

Glad to have it in before the 1 year in December as well.

• Like 1