2024 The Memorial Tournament WITB Pics & New Titleist GT woods ×

USK Qualifying and Priority lists

Ok, so we are pretty new to the USKG tournaments but doing really well and currently leading our local tour in points (this is our first season so its all new to me). My daughter decided she wants to qualify for world Championships in Pinehurst next summer so that's the new target. The qualifying levels are really confusing to me and I'm trying to get a sense if its easy or hard to qualify?

If we win our local tour/top the points standings are we pretty much set for an invitation? That would get us Status level 8 - but I have no idea what that equates to? She's going to keep playing in Fall and Spring tours as well and I am sure keep collecting qualifying points, but what does it realistically take to qualify for Pinehurst?

I looked at scores in her age ranges for the recent WC's and bottom half of the field didn't look that hot...

10 minutes ago, Bizzle80 said:

Ok, so we are pretty new to the USKG tournaments but doing really well and currently leading our local tour in points (this is our first season so its all new to me). My daughter decided she wants to qualify for world Championships in Pinehurst next summer so that's the new target. The qualifying levels are really confusing to me and I'm trying to get a sense if its easy or hard to qualify?

If we win our local tour/top the points standings are we pretty much set for an invitation? That would get us Status level 8 - but I have no idea what that equates to? She's going to keep playing in Fall and Spring tours as well and I am sure keep collecting qualifying points, but what does it realistically take to qualify for Pinehurst?

I looked at scores in her age ranges for the recent WC's and bottom half of the field didn't look that hot...

Hm… US Kids World took down their invitation grid. If I remember correctly, I’m pretty sure status 8 is enough for 8/9/10 yo girls. 

2 hours ago, mojomover said:

I haven't checked the priority table recently, but the score is much more important than winning the local tour. Winning local tour bumps up by 1 status over the score baseline. 

Bingo.  It is very much score based now.  Consistently shooting right around even to maybe 4-5 over should get her in easily.  I wish I understood the system better as well.  We just play and hope 🙂

2 hours ago, kekoa said:

Bingo.  It is very much score based now.  Consistently shooting right around even to maybe 4-5 over should get her in easily.  I wish I understood the system better as well.  We just play and hope 🙂

Lol - shoots under par every round and is hoping to get in? You’re a funny guy. 

There's definitely something more important that I should be doing.

https://foundation.uskidsgolf.com/sites/default/files/world_invitation_grid_7-25.pdf

https://foundation.uskidsgolf.com/tournaments/player-info/priority-status

The grid shows which status ultimately got invited this year - however they start with the higher tiers for invites and go down as there is room.  

• Priority Status Levels Lifetime Through Level 11: February 2nd
  • All Additional Priority Status Levels: Based on availability in your respective age group
Edited by phillyspecial

The priority that's invited to Worlds varies quite a bit by age and gender.  This year for Boys12, Level 10 got their invite 3 weeks before the tournament.  It definitely gets harder to qualify the older you get.  Level 8 is probably ok for the younger ages, but once you get into the 10, 11, 12 ages you'll want to try to get level 10 priority.

3 minutes ago, MikekiM said:

The priority that's invited to Worlds varies quite a bit by age and gender.  This year for Boys12, Level 10 got their invite 3 weeks before the tournament.  It definitely gets harder to qualify the older you get.  Level 8 is probably ok for the younger ages, but once you get into the 10, 11, 12 ages you'll want to try to get level 10 priority.

Do you happen to know when Boys 10 status 10 got their invite? 

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, so we just wrapped the local tour as the tour champ this past weekend. Reading the status page, it looks like that gets her a priority 9 with two rounds scoring 40 or lower. Should I feel safe planning ahead with that for what will be a 9YO girl? 

Reading that stuff books up so I kind of want to lock up a nice house rental for us and another friend who I think is in close status level.

• Like 1

• 5 months later...
9 minutes ago, Movingday said:

So if I read that right, a 10 yo boy has to be level status level 10, which means shooting 2 tournament rounds of 74 or 4 rounds of 37, in one season? 

10 yo boy plays 9-hole tournaments in USK Local tour. So his second best tournament of the season needs to be 37. He doesn't need 4 rounds of 37. 

For multi-day tournament, e.g. Regional, 10 yo boy plays 18-hole per day. So he needs to meet 74 twice in the same tournament to receive status 10. 

58 minutes ago, Medson said:

10 yo boy plays 9-hole tournaments in USK Local tour. So his second best tournament of the season needs to be 37. He doesn't need 4 rounds of 37. 

For multi-day tournament, e.g. Regional, 10 yo boy plays 18-hole per day. So he needs to meet 74 twice in the same tournament to receive status 10. 

Ok. Thanks. Doesn’t make much sense to me how 2 9 hole rounds work for a local season but it would take two qualifying 18 hole  rounds in one regional tournament. 
Are they trying to encourage people to play full local seasons? 
This is the 1st time we’ve had a local US Kids in a few years. My oldest never played in them 

Signed up but fairly good chance we would skip Pinehurst this year, too much of a trek from CA (boys 9 now, will be in boys 10 by August).

Having said that, just some high level browsing the fields, it looks like Boys 10 likely has the most number of priority 11's. There are almost 95 kids who have signed up already. Boys 9 by comparison has around 35 kids who have signed up. I think this is one of the age groups where the distances in local tours are a bit weird. Most Boys 10 would have qualified based on their boys 9 performance and boys 9 play 1800-2000 yards in Local Tours and they would have been at the same distance for almost 2 years, so easy enough for them to shoot a couple of rounds at par or better. 

Nice to see more international players signing up this year- last year was pretty slim. 

12 hours ago, Movingday said:

Ok. Thanks. Doesn’t make much sense to me how 2 9 hole rounds work for a local season but it would take two qualifying 18 hole  rounds in one regional tournament. 
Are they trying to encourage people to play full local seasons? 
This is the 1st time we’ve had a local US Kids in a few years. My oldest never played in them 

You're correct it makes zero sense.  At Copperhead for example in Boys 9, there were just FIVE rds of 74 or lower across 4 kids.  At least in that event, my guess would be that ~78-80 would be a 36-38 local tour equivalent.  

I wish the results at Regionals were worth more and graded on a curve, but I get that they want to support the local tours.   

16 hours ago, mojomover said:

Having said that, just some high level browsing the fields, it looks like Boys 10 likely has the most number of priority 11's. There are almost 95 kids who have signed up already. Boys 9 by comparison has around 35 kids who have signed up.

Where are you seeing the registration totals?  Its so weird...we are excited to hopefully make it but 9yo girls only invites to Level 10+ but 10,8,7yo going down to level 7 already. (we are lvl 9)

It was our first year in USK and we are so excited to hopefully go, but just need the invite now.

50 minutes ago, Bizzle80 said:

Thanks for info!

Anyone have experience to what status levels they will usually get to? Its frustrating that some age ranges are already inviting lower status than my daughter, but her range is still waiting.

According to the link posted earlier, they may not get down to Level 9 for Girls age 9.  They might, but any invites would come much later.  

Note sure where you live, but if you live on the West Coast, there are three (3) other events to play:

1. FCG International -  https://fcg.bluegolf.com/bluegolf/fcg22/event/fcg224/index.htm

2. IMG Worlds (need to qualify)

3. FCG Callaway Worlds - https://fcg.bluegolf.com/bluegolf/fcg22/event/fcg225/index.htm

image.png.e3b0de3137d085ca456dc955c8b0d0e3.png

Edited by wildcatden
  • Like 1

It's no fun when the rabbit's got the gun.

48 minutes ago, Movingday said:

Is the spring season playing to qualify for the finals this Aug?

Are you asking if 2022 Spring season can still earn status to qualify for this year's World? If so, yes. 

From registration page, 

"Please note that the new deadline to earn Priority Status towards the World Championship via multi-day tournaments (including Regionals, State Invitationals, International Championships, and our all-new Teen Series) will now be May 31 of each year, including this year. Accordingly, earning Priority Status eligibility for the 2023 World Championship will begin June 1, 2022, and conclude May 31, 2023.

The Priority Status earned through Local Tours will remain unchanged, and players competing in 2022 Spring Local Tours are eligible to earn Priority Status to this year’s World Championship, regardless of the final date of their tour. "

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Medson said:

Are you asking if 2022 Spring season can still earn status to qualify for this year's World? If so, yes. 

From registration page, 

"Please note that the new deadline to earn Priority Status towards the World Championship via multi-day tournaments (including Regionals, State Invitationals, International Championships, and our all-new Teen Series) will now be May 31 of each year, including this year. Accordingly, earning Priority Status eligibility for the 2023 World Championship will begin June 1, 2022, and conclude May 31, 2023.

The Priority Status earned through Local Tours will remain unchanged, and players competing in 2022 Spring Local Tours are eligible to earn Priority Status to this year’s World Championship, regardless of the final date of their tour. "

Thanks