MEMBER REVIEWS: L.A.B. Golf MEZZ.1 Putter (Early Access) Member Testing! See What Members Are Saying!

GolfWRX_Official

Did anyone get the mezz or mezz max and chose the 38 length and chose a 17 putter grip?

By not getting the normal press grip, does that mess up the torque on this putter?

Which 17 putter grip did you use?

thinking about having them install the lower end of the broom stick grip or the 17 jumbo max grip.

Want to use the putter as a counterbalanced putter so I use my shoulders more instead of being handsy.

• 1 month later...

This may have been answered somewhere in this thread, but has anyone figured out why these sound so much different from one to the next? I’ve owned the following with different sounds:

1) Mezz 1 Max Broomstick with stock black steel shaft: High pitched ting 

2) Lab DF 2.1 Broomstick with stock black steel shaft: Perfect muted sound

3) Lab DF 2.1 Armlock with LA Golf 180: Extremely high pitched and awful sounding. 

Is there any rhyme or reason to what determines what you get? I would love a DF Armlock that sounds muted. I just simply couldn’t stand the sound of the one I had. 

• Confused 1

Callaway AI Smoke TD 10.5° | Ventus TR Blue 6s

Taylormade BRNR Mini 13.5° | Hzrdus Yellow 75 6.5

Callaway Apex UW 19° | Tour AD TP 7s

Callaway XR Pro 23° | Tour AD DI 95x
Maltby TS1 IM/TS4 5-PW | Dynamic Gold S300
Cleveland RTX 6: 50° 56° 60° | KBS Tour Custom 120s Black 

L.A.B. DF 3 Counterbalance 37.5" | TPT Putter Shaft 

Received my custom Mezz today, love the way it looks.  LH red 33", 72* lie with a heavier head.  Rolled a few putts over lunch but am anxious to really give it a full run-through.  Initial impression was that it felt a little clickier than I'm used to coming from a Spider X, but very solid.

thumbnail_IMG_0723.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_0724.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_0725.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_0727.jpg

Edited by MU Mike
  • Like 3

• 4 weeks later...

Hi! I found this discussion by searching for Arccos and Labgolf putters. I've got the Labgolf Link1 and would like to get the Arccos system but can't seem to find if it's compatible with Arccos sensors. It seems these putters aren't but it's not entirely clear. Does anyone here have any experience with both products working together?

Thanks!

1 hour ago, ebchris said:

Hi! I found this discussion by searching for Arccos and Labgolf putters. I've got the Labgolf Link1 and would like to get the Arccos system but can't seem to find if it's compatible with Arccos sensors. It seems these putters aren't but it's not entirely clear. Does anyone here have any experience with both products working together?

Thanks!

Arccos can work with any club that has a grip with a drip hole - the sensor screws into the butt end of the grip. The issue with a broomstick putter is if you put your thumb on the grip cap during the stroke, it will turn the sensor off. If you have a normal grip and do not cover the butt end the sensor will detect your putts.

Even if you do not use the sensor or cover it, you can use the track of your steps on the green (Across detects this by your phone or their Link device) you can see where you putted from.

Arccos is great for what it does - its only downside is the powered sensors that have to be repurchased every couple of years when their batteries run out. The issue with the putter sensor is for all putters not just Labgolf.

PXG Gen 5 0311 9º, Kai'li Blue, Titleist TSr3, 9º, Ventus Blue

Titleist TSr2, 15º fw, GD Tour AD IZ

Titleist TSr2, 20º fw, GD Tour AD IZ

Titleist TSi2, 21º Hy, GD Tour AD IZ

Titleist TSi2, 24º Hy, GD Tour AD IZ

Titleist T150 6-48º Tensei AV Blue AM2

Vokey SM9 54º, 60º, Tensei AV Blue AM2

L.A.B. Golf DF3, MEZZ.1 Max reg & Broom,  MEZZ.1, DF 2.1 Reg & Broom

No room to list Bench Warmers 🙂

On 12/19/2023 at 2:30 PM, MU Mike said:

Received my custom Mezz today, love the way it looks.  LH red 33", 72* lie with a heavier head.  Rolled a few putts over lunch but am anxious to really give it a full run-through.  Initial impression was that it felt a little clickier than I'm used to coming from a Spider X, but very solid.

thumbnail_IMG_0723.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_0724.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_0725.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_0727.jpg

Is that pink or red ? 

• 2 weeks later...

I posted this in putters in a new thread as I couldn’t find this one for some reason.  Thank you @SwingBlues.

So I’ve been searching for a while to find a creative design and well made headcover for my Mezz Max.  I had the cover that came with the putter and I eventually purchased a cover from Rose and Fire.  It wasn’t a perfect fit but the center shafted cover worked well and I liked the design.

I finally found a company that is making unique covers for LAB golf putters.  They have a really cool design for the 2.1 and it will be ready in about a month.  When it’s out, I’m going to buy it for my 2.1 but I just purchased 2 covers for my Mezz Max.  It’s a great fit with magnets and I can put it on much easier than the Rose and Fire.  I got one in black and one in white.  Let me know what other great covers and brands are out there.   This company is called SackdGolfingco.  You can find them on Instagram under that name.  Here are a couple of photos of the new covers I purchased. 

IMG_0975.jpeg

IMG_0980.jpeg

IMG_0977.jpeg

IMG_0978.jpeg

IMG_0979.jpeg

• Like 3

Callaway Paradym Smoke AI Triple Diamond 9* Proxima 6X

PXG Black Ops Tour-1 9* Ventus Blue Plus 6X

TM Stealth2 Plus 3 wood 15*- Ventus TR Blue 7X
Callaway Rogue “T” Triple Diamond 19* 5 wood- Ventus TR Blue 8X
4-PW PXG Gen5 Darkness 0311T MMT 105TX 2* flat
PXG Sugar Daddy 2  50* Axiom 125X
PXG Sugar Daddy 2  54* Axiom 125X
PXG Sugar Daddy 2  58* Axiom 125X
LAB Mezz Max-heavy version, 35” with Stability Tour Fire shaft. Press II 3.0 grip
PXG Hybrid stand bag

4 hours ago, My2Dogs said:

I posted this in putters in a new thread as I couldn’t find this one for some reason.  Thank you @SwingBlues.

So I’ve been searching for a while to find a creative design and well made headcover for my Mezz Max.  I had the cover that came with the putter and I eventually purchased a cover from Rose and Fire.  It wasn’t a perfect fit but the center shafted cover worked well and I liked the design.

I finally found a company that is making unique covers for LAB golf putters.  They have a really cool design for the 2.1 and it will be ready in about a month.  When it’s out, I’m going to buy it for my 2.1 but I just purchased 2 covers for my Mezz Max.  It’s a great fit with magnets and I can put it on much easier than the Rose and Fire.  I got one in black and one in white.  Let me know what other great covers and brands are out there.   This company is called SackdGolfingco.  You can find them on Instagram under that name.  Here are a couple of photos of the new covers I purchased. 

IMG_0975.jpeg

IMG_0980.jpeg

IMG_0977.jpeg

IMG_0978.jpeg

IMG_0979.jpeg

Superb.

What's the pricing like and how long for the order to be fulfilled?

Driver: Taylormade Stealth 2+ 9*, Proxima 5X 

Fairways: Callaway - Rogue ST LS 13.5* & Fujikura Red TR 5S // Callaway Diablo Edge Tour 15* & Miyazaki C Kua 43S

Hybrid:   Cobra Speedzone 3 hybrid 19*

Irons:       Ping i530 5-PW AWT 2.0 matte black shafts, JumboMax STR8 Ultralite grips
Wedges: Cleveland CBX2 48, Ben Hogan Equalizer 52*, Cleveland Full Face 56*, KBS TGI 100 shafts
Putter:     LAB Golf Mezz.1 ACCRA shaft / Directed Force Reno "2.05 Presse IV tweaked" Putter with OG BGT Stability shaft
Srixon XV 5/6 or Vice Pro Plus. JumboMax STR8 Ultralite grips

Moe Norman/Graves Single Plane Swing

Here is a vote for DelilaH Club Covers

I am working with her on a MEZZ Max broom headcover right now - should be done in a week or so.

Here are two DF 2.1 covers she did for me.  The big thing that she came up with for me is the flap - it is so easy to open with one hand and I do not have mess with the dual ears hitting the shaft and not closing or opening.  This design rocks.

My MEZZ Max broom cover is going to be a similar design, just a touch less depth from opening to the end. She is always improving them as well.  The red cover was first and the Augusta one was second. 

It takes a while to get from the queue to production, but it is well worth the wait.  I will post the MEZZ Max cover once I get it

fmc Patrick Parton.JPG

fmc Andy LaCombe.JPG

• Like 1

5 hours ago, SwingBlues said:

Superb.

What's the pricing like and how long for the order to be fulfilled?

Not too bad on pricing.  He shipped them the next day and only took a week to get here.  Pricing was better than the Rose and Fire and that included shipping. 

I think the 2.1 cover will be a little more due to more material.  He sent me an early design he was just working on.  It’s loud but I told him folks who purchase the Lab 2.1 putters don’t care what people think and prob would like a loud/vibrant cover.  He’s got others that are more normal in design and color.  I would post the new design but he said he’s still making tweaks to it. 

LAB Mezz Max-heavy version, 35” with Stability Tour Fire shaft. Press II 3.0 grip
PXG Hybrid stand bag

Here are 2 designs he is put into production and I was told they should be ready in about a month.  I think both are pretty cool. 

IMG_4321.jpeg

IMG_4322.jpeg

• Like 2

PXG Hybrid stand bag

7 minutes ago, My2Dogs said:

Here are 2 designs he is put into production and I was told they should be ready in about a month.  I think both are pretty cool. 

IMG_4321.jpeg

IMG_4322.jpeg

That looks like it's printed vs stitched. I'll be interested to see how well that will last with the heat, sun, rain and grass. Very different, indeed.

Thanks for the info 👍

Fairways: Callaway - Rogue ST LS 13.5* & Fujikura Red TR 5S // Callaway Diablo Edge Tour 15* & Miyazaki C Kua 43S

Irons:       Ping i530 5-PW AWT 2.0 matte black shafts, JumboMax STR8 Ultralite grips
Wedges: Cleveland CBX2 48, Ben Hogan Equalizer 52*, Cleveland Full Face 56*, KBS TGI 100 shafts
Putter:     LAB Golf Mezz.1 ACCRA shaft / Directed Force Reno "2.05 Presse IV tweaked" Putter with OG BGT Stability shaft

16 hours ago, SwingBlues said:

That looks like it's printed vs stitched. I'll be interested to see how well that will last with the heat, sun, rain and grass. Very different, indeed.

Thanks for the info 👍

I asked him and he stated these are stitched.  The ones I have are stitched but could not say for certain on the 2.1’s.  The Mad Scientist looks like it’s printed but I don’t know if that’s a real cover or model of one as it’s going to be out in a month.  The bear is real as someone posted on their IG that they got the first Proto so it might be why one looks different than the other. 

Edited by My2Dogs

PXG Hybrid stand bag

17 hours ago, johnsomp said:

I really like my Delilah cover on my mezz. It is plain black real leather, so not fancy looking, but it is great quality and the plain black matches everything.

Mind sharing a picture?  I've seen some Delilah stuff but the fold didn't look like the traditional way a center shaft putter cover normally looks (with the two prongs around the notch for the shaft).

15 hours ago, ajlacombe said:

Well my MEZZ Max Broom cover is ready to ship - at least it will be quick transit (hopefully). Delila smashed another one. @labgolf I have renamed the MEZZ Max Broom to the LAB OMG 🙂 

How do your headcovers work with the center shaft?  They look like regular mallet covers as opposed to what johnsomp posted above.

Look awesome!  Just curious to see how they look actually on the putter.

47 minutes ago, MU Mike said:

How do your headcovers work with the center shaft?  They look like regular mallet covers as opposed to what johnsomp posted above.

Look awesome!  Just curious to see how they look actually on the putter.

This is a religious question - especially when you ask and engineer to explain something 🙂  I hate when something is designed - let's say not well, and I think the traditional  dog ear covers are mostly bad for a center shafted putter - and when the shaft is offset from the face it is worse. This image shows the stock lab cover for the DF 2.1 - the issue with one flap hitting the shaft happens every time you put it on the putter, and when you take it off you have to remove both ears = a real pain in the rear IMO

DF2.1__5699.jpg.4933c0c90c48ab2beaa42bace136d185.jpg

So here are some shots of the covers with the putters in them = one handed open or close as well. The reason this design works is because of the shaft setback.  Otherwise some type of smaller dog ear (flap) would be required. The red one has a lot of miles on it and the green one is more of a collectors item than a gamer.

IMG_9824.jpg.2d4935b2bbe2ce571129d452682fb6f5.jpg

IMG_9826.jpg.895e29d5af767c003cbc035c18d2dd42.jpg

IMG_9825.jpg.0111bbab15fc5ca0e901b79d502c32cc.jpg

36 minutes ago, ajlacombe said:

This is a religious question - especially when you ask and engineer to explain something 🙂  I hate when something is designed - let's say not well, and I think the traditional  dog ear covers are mostly bad for a center shafted putter - and when the shaft is offset from the face it is worse. This image shows the stock lab cover for the DF 2.1 - the issue with one flap hitting the shaft happens every time you put it on the putter, and when you take it off you have to remove both ears = a real pain in the rear IMO

So here are some shots of the covers with the putters in them = one handed open or close as well. The reason this design works is because of the shaft setback.  Otherwise some type of smaller dog ear (flap) would be required. The red one has a lot of miles on it and the green one is more of a collectors item than a gamer.

Phenomenal response, seriously.  Incredibly helpful, thank you very much!

So do you just order a regular mallet cover from Delilah or is it still specific to a LAB Mezz (or Max)?  Obviously yours are custom but I wasn't sure what instructions to give her if I want to go the custom route.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MU Mike said:

Phenomenal response, seriously.  Incredibly helpful, thank you very much!

So do you just order a regular mallet cover from Delilah or is it still specific to a LAB Mezz (or Max)?  Obviously yours are custom but I wasn't sure what instructions to give her if I want to go the custom route.

I am not a schill 🙂  I just believe in supporting good companies and Delila is awesome!

So you go on her site and essentially get in line to have your cover made.  She wants to now what type of cover you are looking for - mallet, blade...  You provide dimensions and if possible you put together a mockup using her template.  Draw your design with a pen, and tape on images to make the mockup. Then she works with you to make it a reality.  The process is fun.  Waiting 4-6 weeks is tough, but it is worth the wait.

2 hours ago, ajlacombe said:

DF2.1__5699.jpg.4933c0c90c48ab2beaa42bace136d185.jpg

IMG_9824.jpg.2d4935b2bbe2ce571129d452682fb6f5.jpg

IMG_9826.jpg.895e29d5af767c003cbc035c18d2dd42.jpg

IMG_9825.jpg.0111bbab15fc5ca0e901b79d502c32cc.jpg

I agree with you about the long flaps on the oem headcovers. I'm not sure I like how the middle is just bent up to accommodate the shaft on your design. Maybe a blend of the two with a small U shaped notch(as opposed to longer flaps) would be the best of both worlds. What do you think?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, rlb4 said:

I agree with you about the long flaps on the oem headcovers. I'm not sure I like how the middle is just bent up to accommodate the shaft on your design. Maybe a blend of the two with a small U shaped notch(as opposed to longer flaps) would be the best of both worlds. What do you think?

Funny you mention the small U, I have thought about that before. I did not do it on the last cover for the MEZZ Max Broom, but it would have been a worthwhile option to try. It would be interesting to see how the U changes the ability to open the cover easily with one hand.

I would probably round the outside corners as well. Another option I was toying with is something like a toga - where there is only one ear on the side of the shaft away from the shaft lean. Delila was worried about the closure staying closed with only 1 magnet. If anyone does the small U design I would love to see how it works out.

• Like 1

I got the latest headcover from Delila today and this is the best one I have gotten.IMG_9864.jpg.49f79cb3a6d1486ae5041848422d13d9.jpgIMG_9863.jpg.d732267134d629caf572f90631b2aa8f.jpgIMG_9862.jpg.4e842d6ddfe88bed0776a6cf883d9e43.jpg

She made a great suggestion this one to move the slot back a bit from the flap to give extra surface area for the magnets, and this caused the flap to not run into the shaft. These have gotten better and better.

• Like 4

• 4 weeks later...

Bump this thread!  

Just wanted to say that I have yet to take this putter out of the bag.  It has been the most consistent & reliable putter I have ever owned.  It's taken all of the Scotty's out of the bag.  I never thought that would have happened.  It's such a simple, very easy to align, putter.  Point & shoot!  If you know how to read greens, then you're golden.  I have more confidence with this putter than I ever have.  I've been tempted with going to the new larger MEZZ but I have yet to pull the trigger.  I do love the Blue though!  

Thanks again to the WRX selecting me to test this badass putter & LAB for designing it! 

• Like 1

Driver: Titleist TSR3 UST Mamiya Prototype  

Fairways: Titleist TS2 13.5* UST Mamiya LIN-Q Blue

Utility: Titleist U500 19* Fujikura Ventus Blue HB

Irons:  T350 4 & 5, T200 6-PW UST Mamiya Recoil Dart F4 105g

Wedges: Vokey SM9 48*, 52*, 56*

Putter: L.A.B. Golf MEZZ.1 Proto 

Ball: ProV1 Left Dot

• 4 weeks later...

I just bought the new bad-a** headcover for the MEZZ 

image.png.3fa02043326495fcd1af38491b8cf32a.png

• Like 1

Driver: Titleist TSR3 UST Mamiya Prototype  

Fairways: Titleist TS2 13.5* UST Mamiya LIN-Q Blue

Utility: Titleist U500 19* Fujikura Ventus Blue HB

Irons:  T350 4 & 5, T200 6-PW UST Mamiya Recoil Dart F4 105g

Wedges: Vokey SM9 48*, 52*, 56*

Putter: L.A.B. Golf MEZZ.1 Proto 

Ball: ProV1 Left Dot

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks to @SwingBlues for sending me his L.A.B Mezz 1 for testing.  I believe it's 34" and has the Press ii 1.5.

Background.  I am notorious for being a crummy putter and excellent golfer.  For me, it's not that I three jack it often, but more like missing crucial birdies and constantly burning edges.  Feels like nothing goes in which leads to frustration.  Often the putter feels "weird" in my hands.

Enter Mezz.  So, I'm going to keep this super simple.  The putter doesn't move unless YOU move it.  With my gamer a CB 36.5" 2 Ball 10 I can feel it want to move during my stroke.  It feels floppy in my hands.  I never really experienced that until I started testing this Lab Mezz.  Its unreal.  So, we just punched our greens which makes it's hard to give an in depth analysis but, 1 of my golfing buddies (play often together) said oh s***, I'm not liking this putter for Robert.  Meaning.  He could immediately tell this could be dangerous for our matches.  Nuff said.

Love the feel.  Love the roll.  Can start to love the look and now I want a DF3 😬

PS I thought it would be weird with the forward press and the pall position forward.  But, it's not.  Took no time at all.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

🤖 A.I Smoke TD 10.5 w/ GD VF 5S

Sim 2 Ti 5W w/Diamana TB 70S

2024 Apex UW w/Tensei 1K Pro Blue 70S

Apex Pro 4-5 Nippon Modus 105S 

Apex CB 6-PW Nippon Modus 105S 

Jaws Raw 50S, 54W, 58Z

37" Odyssey 2-Ball 10 Tour W/Superstroke Zenergy Tour 13"

Chrome Tour 

1 hour ago, Avidswampthing66 said:

Thanks to @SwingBlues for sending me his L.A.B Mezz 1 for testing.  I believe it's 34" and has the Press ii 1.5.

Background.  I am notorious for being a crummy putter and excellent golfer.  For me, it's not that I three jack it often, but more like missing crucial birdies and constantly burning edges.  Feels like nothing goes in which leads to frustration.  Often the putter feels "weird" in my hands.

Enter Mezz.  So, I'm going to keep this super simple.  The putter doesn't move unless YOU move it.  With my gamer a CB 36.5" 2 Ball 10 I can feel it want to move during my stroke.  It feels floppy in my hands.  I never really experienced that until I started testing this Lab Mezz.  Its unreal.  So, we just punched our greens which makes it's hard to give an in depth analysis but, 1 of my golfing buddies (play often together) said oh s***, I'm not liking this putter for Robert.  Meaning.  He could immediately tell this could be dangerous for our matches.  Nuff said.

Love the feel.  Love the roll.  Can start to love the look and now I want a DF3 😬

PS I thought it would be weird with the forward press and the pall position forward.  But, it's not.  Took no time at all.

Yeah it's 69* 34" & now you understand when I says lights out putting, it's really LIGHTS OUT

Welcome to the LAB Family bro 👍👍👍

Edited by SwingBlues
  • Thanks 1