2024 Wells Fargo Championship WITB Photos ×

MEMBER REVIEWS: L.A.B. Golf MEZZ.1 Putter (Early Access) Member Testing! See What Members Are Saying!

GolfWRX_Official

On 11/1/2022 at 1:10 PM, SwingBlues said:

Really nice 👍 Hackin, you still have it as stock headweight, right?

Curious if you did any mods?

Nope ... no mods whatsoever.  It's been perfect since day one & probably won't leave the bag ... Ever!  

• Like 2

Driver: Titleist TSR3 UST Mamiya Prototype  

Fairways: Titleist TS2 13.5* UST Mamiya LIN-Q Blue

Utility: Titleist U500 19* Fujikura Ventus Blue HB

Irons:  T350 4 & 5, T200 6-PW UST Mamiya Recoil Dart F4 105g

Wedges: Vokey SM9 48*, 52*, 56*

Putter: L.A.B. Golf MEZZ.1 Proto 

Ball: ProV1 Left Dot

• 4 weeks later...

I got fit in person for my Mezz.1 and it came in a couple months back.  I’ve played about 10 rounds with it and so far so good, but still getting used to it.  I’ve made a lot of good putts with it, but I’ll still have the occasional misread.  I’ve never been lights out at putting but I get by as I’m a 4 handicap.  I have the press 3 grip and I love the size and feel of it.   I’m wondering if the idea of creating a 1.5 grip and keeping the same size of the press 3 has been proposed?  Hopefully that makes sense.  Basically I’d like to have the the size of the 3 degree grip but with less forward press.  My fitter said that’s not offered but I feel like it wouldn’t be too hard for LAB to offer it.

Edited by KeeganMW
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, KeeganMW said:

I got fit in person for my Mezz.1 and it came in a couple months back.  I’ve played about 10 rounds with it and so far so good, but still getting used to it.  I’ve made a lot of good putts with it, but I’ll still have the occasional misread.  I’ve never been lights out at putting but I get by as I’m a 4 handicap.  I have the press 3 grip and I love the size and feel of it.   I’m wondering if the idea of creating a 1.5 grip and keeping the same size of the press 3 has been proposed?  Hopefully that makes sense.  Basically I’d like to have the the size of the 3 degree grip but with less forward press.  My fitter said that’s not offered but I feel like it wouldn’t be too hard for LAB to offer it.

Ugh, I SO wish it were that easy. I want to offer ALL the grips in all the sizes! As we grow, we are definitely going to add more options but the volume that you need to order/sell to have it pencil would blow your mind. Interestingly, I have actually never heard this particular suggestion. Usually its the opposite, people wanting more tilt but smaller diameter. We have a new one (2° pistol-ish) coming out later this summer that we just got a final sample of. Really excited about it. BTW, not sure if you have felt the 1.5° but its still on the larger side relative to other grips. Give it a shot. reasonably cheap experiment. Also, search you tube for the "thumbs off" drill. This will help steady you path/plane.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, KeeganMW said:

I am using the 1.L grip and have not looked back.  I always hated the larger SuperStroke grips because I thought I was losing "feel" - I now think that I did not like them because I lost some of my ability to manipulate the putter.

The 1.L is on a DF 2.1.  My MEZZ has the 1.5 on it and that is a great grip.  I also put a 1.5 on a regular mallet with great success.  There is noting like playing around with things to see what you like.  The 1.L is like a baseball bat, but I really like it 🙂 

• Like 1

PXG Gen 5 0311 9º, Kai'li Blue, Titleist TSr3, 9º, Ventus Blue

Titleist TSr2, 15º fw, GD Tour AD IZ

Titleist TSr2, 20º fw, GD Tour AD IZ

Titleist TSi2, 21º Hy, GD Tour AD IZ

Titleist TSi2, 24º Hy, GD Tour AD IZ

Titleist T150 6-48º Tensei AV Blue AM2

Vokey SM9 54º, 60º, Tensei AV Blue AM2

L.A.B. Golf DF3, MEZZ.1 Max reg & Broom,  MEZZ.1, DF 2.1 Reg & Broom

No room to list Bench Warmers 🙂

On 12/1/2022 at 12:31 AM, labgolf said:

For those of you enjoying your Mezz.1, would love you vote in the members choice thingy! its at the top of the putter page.

Done!   Easy choice for me.  And this is coming from a true Scotty fan 🤨   The confidence I have with the MEZZ has really changed my game this year.  

• Like 2

I do wish I could send back my Proto for the larger size now though 🤔  Wonder if Sam would be on board with that? @labgolf  

Just received my “new to me” Mezz.1 XL Broomstick.  I did armlock for a couple years but went back to regular putting.  I have always wanted to try broomstick and with my recent struggles on the green figured it was worth a shot.  

Any pointers on broomstick putting?  I have been rolling it on my practice green at home and I have been surprised at how quickly gauging speed came.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Gr8_Brandino said:

Just received my “new to me” Mezz.1 XL Broomstick.  I did armlock for a couple years but went back to regular putting.  I have always wanted to try broomstick and with my recent struggles on the green figured it was worth a shot.  

Any pointers on broomstick putting?  I have been rolling it on my practice green at home and I have been surprised at how quickly gauging speed came.

I am gaming the DF 2.1 Broomstick and it crazy good. I keep posting about it. Took several practice session and around sand now putting the best in my life. Averaging 27 putts a round. 

I use the top hand setup just like Adam Scott. Bottom hand is not the claw/pencil like most people with the Broomstick. My bottom hand runs down my life line with my index finder ponying down the shaft. Play the ball near left heel. Just rock the shoulders with a light grip on the bottom hand! Now just watch the magic happen! 

Lets us know how it goes. 

Mizuno ST-Z 230 9.5 Diamana T+ 60s
Mizuno ST-Z 15* Diamana T+ 60s 

TM Sim2 Max 19 Hybrid Ventus 7-S

Mizuno Pro 225 4-GW DG 105 S300
Mizuno T24 Denim 54S/58V DG S400

L.A.B. DF 2.1 Broomstick

can't get the mezz out of the bag, not even a nice betti BB8-W could do it.  I can putt well with regular putters but it always kinda feels like a accident when the ball comes off perfectly on line and there's more variation (like on a 7ft straight putt it'll drop in across the front edge of the hole, technically making most of them but not center cup), with the mezz I feel like it's going to come off perfectly and it damn near always does, totally different headspace to putt in.

Signed on for one of the first 500 link1 blades so we'll see if that kicks it out of the bag cause I've always preferred blades.  There's definitely something to lie angle balancing/zero torque. 

On 12/10/2022 at 5:30 PM, Froghair said:

Anyone notice Ryan Palmer playing a Mezz in the QBE Shootout?  One of the announcers said he had spoken to Ryan about how his putting had improved and Ryan mentioned using the Mezz was like cheating. Lol

Yes I noticed this as well and just looked for pics of him from the QBE. Sure enough he’s using the Mezz. 

After following this thread my Mezz should arrive in a few days. Thanks all!

0FD6E43A-1EAD-44CC-9132-51B01A34B177.jpeg

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, tokamoto42 said:

Yes I noticed this as well and just looked for pics of him from the QBE. Sure enough he’s using the Mezz. 

After following this thread my Mezz should arrive in a few days. Thanks all!

0FD6E43A-1EAD-44CC-9132-51B01A34B177.jpeg

I am not sure which one of the Einstein announcers was talking about the MEZZ, but he said it reduces some of the torque (forgot exactly what he said) but I was laughing at the comment since it eliminates the torque not reduces it 🙂 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ajlacombe said:

I am not sure which one of the Einstein announcers was talking about the MEZZ, but he said it reduces some of the torque (forgot exactly what he said) but I was laughing at the comment since it eliminates the torque not reduces it 🙂 

I heard that too.  🤣

Can anyone who's very recently purchased a Mezz or DF 2.1 speak to the sound of the putter? I had a Mezz Broomstick earlier in the summer and really liked it, but I couldn't get over the sound of it. Unless I struck it perfectly out of the middle, it made a really high pitched ding. The obvious fix would be to just quit hitting it all over the face, but I just don't have the time to practice much these days. I remember reading somewhere that LAB had made some manufacturing adjustments and improved the sound. I actually saw a video on youtube (I'll try and find it again) where a guy bought a custom DF 2.1 to go along with his stock DF 2.1 and the custom one actually sounded much higher pitch than his stock one. Just wandering if the way the weights are arranged makes a difference? I'm really wanting to dip my toes back in the LAB world, but I would need it to sound more like a traditional milled putter does. 

Callaway AI Smoke TD 10.5° | Ventus TR Blue 6s

Taylormade BRNR Mini 13.5° | Hzrdus Yellow 75 6.5

Callaway Apex UW 19° | Hzrdus Smoke Yellow 75 6.5

Callaway XR Pro 23° | Tour AD DI 95x
Maltby TS1 IM/TS4 5-PW | Dynamic Gold S300
Cleveland RTX 6: 50° 56° 60° | KBS Tour Custom 120s Black 

L.A.B. DF 3 Counterbalance 37.5" | TPT Putter Shaft 

14 hours ago, coreyhr said:

Can anyone who's very recently purchased a Mezz or DF 2.1 speak to the sound of the putter? I had a Mezz Broomstick earlier in the summer and really liked it, but I couldn't get over the sound of it. Unless I struck it perfectly out of the middle, it made a really high pitched ding. The obvious fix would be to just quit hitting it all over the face, but I just don't have the time to practice much these days. I remember reading somewhere that LAB had made some manufacturing adjustments and improved the sound. I actually saw a video on youtube (I'll try and find it again) where a guy bought a custom DF 2.1 to go along with his stock DF 2.1 and the custom one actually sounded much higher pitch than his stock one. Just wandering if the way the weights are arranged makes a difference? I'm really wanting to dip my toes back in the LAB world, but I would need it to sound more like a traditional milled putter does. 

They fixed the sound. Try the Mezz Max. It’s not the same sound as a Scotty blade, but it’s not off-putting like the original Mezz was.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, joj said:

They fixed the sound. Try the Mezz Max. It’s not the same sound as a Scotty blade, but it’s not off-putting like the original Mezz was.

My broomstick was the Max. Thanks, maybe I just had one of the early versions of it. 

1 hour ago, coreyhr said:

My broomstick was the Max. Thanks, maybe I just had one of the early versions of it. 

@labgolfwas there anything done to address sound? 

I know a lot people complained, including myself, about the sound of the original Mezz. Then the Max came out and everyone, including myself, noticed that the high-pitched noise was gone. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, joj said:

@labgolfwas there anything done to address sound? 

I know a lot people complained, including myself, about the sound of the original Mezz. Then the Max came out and everyone, including myself, noticed that the high-pitched noise was gone. 

I heard Sam on a podcast and he said they figured out the sound issue.  I got the Augusta DF 2.1 and it does not have the ring, but neither does my MEZZ or 2 other DF 2.1s I have

• Like 2

Just now, littletimbo182 said:

I have a lot of arc in my stroke, would I need to change my putting style to use a LAB putter? 

No - the thing the LAB Golf putters do is they do not torque open or closed during the swing - that is it. Everyone takes to them differently - all you need to do is give it a fair shot and you will see what it does.  Do NOT listen to Paul Azinger though, he has no clue what they do 🙂 

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, littletimbo182 said:

I have a lot of arc in my stroke, would I need to change my putting style to use a LAB putter? 

You are good, just like @ajlacombe said.  The beauty in the Lie Angle Balance is the putters is looking to stay square to your arc, not square to the target.

• Like 2

Driver:  Callaway Epic 9° Fujikura Speeder 665 X

Hybrid:  Callaway Alpha 815  17° Fujikura Speeder 865 X

Hybrid:  Titleist 910H 22° Diamana Ahina 90 S

Irons:  MP 223 4-PW DG 120 X100

Wedges:  TaylorMade MG3 50° 54° 58°

Putter:  LAB Mezz.1 Accra white 35" 67°

Ball:  Prov1

1 hour ago, ajlacombe said:

I heard Sam on a podcast and he said they figured out the sound issue.  I got the Augusta DF 2.1 and it does not have the ring, but neither does my MEZZ or 2 other DF 2.1s I have

Interesting. Mine was an early broomstick that actually said Mezz XL on it, not Mezz Max. I know sound is a bit subjective and everyone has different tolerances, but I just couldn't get comfortable with the sound mine was making.

Also, here is the video I referred to earlier where his DF 2.1's have different sounds to them. He starts talking about the sound at the 2:00 mark.

Edited by coreyhr
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, littletimbo182 said:

Think you'll fine. LAB putter is designed to stay SQUARE along the arc. When you get your putter, try the "thumbs off" drill to feel how the doesn't react to your stroke to stay square.

Here's the drill...

• Like 1

Driver: Taylormade Stealth 2+ 9*, Proxima 5X 

Fairways: Callaway - Rogue ST LS 13.5* & Fujikura Red TR 5S // Callaway Diablo Edge Tour 15* & Miyazaki C Kua 43S

Hybrid:   Cobra Speedzone 3 hybrid 19*

Irons:       Ping i530 5-PW AWT 2.0 matte black shafts, JumboMax STR8 Ultralite grips
Wedges: Cleveland CBX2 48, Ben Hogan Equalizer 52*, Cleveland Full Face 56*, KBS TGI 100 shafts
Putter:     LAB Golf Mezz.1 ACCRA shaft / Directed Force Reno "2.05 Presse IV tweaked" Putter with OG BGT Stability shaft
Srixon XV 5/6 or Vice Pro Plus. JumboMax STR8 Ultralite grips

Moe Norman/Graves Single Plane Swing

2 hours ago, ajlacombe said:

+1  if I recall correctly, Sam said the Mezz is like a tuning fork so it may exhibit the ping ting. But as you posted, they found the issue and how to fix it.

My DF has the OG Stability, its as dead as hitting with a wet wood, thanks to the Stability.

My Mezz did not have the sound issue. Then I had LAB redo the head weighting by increasing it and it too came back with no discernible ping ting either.

Set up for both putters are 34" and 69* with the Mezz having the ACCRA shaft.

Driver: Taylormade Stealth 2+ 9*, Proxima 5X 

Fairways: Callaway - Rogue ST LS 13.5* & Fujikura Red TR 5S // Callaway Diablo Edge Tour 15* & Miyazaki C Kua 43S

Hybrid:   Cobra Speedzone 3 hybrid 19*

Irons:       Ping i530 5-PW AWT 2.0 matte black shafts, JumboMax STR8 Ultralite grips
Wedges: Cleveland CBX2 48, Ben Hogan Equalizer 52*, Cleveland Full Face 56*, KBS TGI 100 shafts
Putter:     LAB Golf Mezz.1 ACCRA shaft / Directed Force Reno "2.05 Presse IV tweaked" Putter with OG BGT Stability shaft
Srixon XV 5/6 or Vice Pro Plus. JumboMax STR8 Ultralite grips

Moe Norman/Graves Single Plane Swing