2024 Wells Fargo Championship WITB Photos ×

MEMBER REVIEWS: L.A.B. Golf MEZZ.1 Putter (Early Access) Member Testing! See What Members Are Saying!

GolfWRX_Official

9 hours ago, wings02 said:

Can you send a Mezz putter back to the factory to have the weight changed to HEAVY? If so, what is the cost and what would the weight change be going from medium to heavy? Thank You

Info here - it's $100

Titleist TSR4 // Autoflex SF505

Titleist TSR2 16.5 // Vista Pro 60s

Ping G25 20, 23 // Tour AD True Spec

Titleist T200/T150 5-GW // Steelfiber i80PR

Titleist SM9 54.10, 58.12 // Steelfiber i80r

L.A.B. Golf DF3 // L.A.B. x TPT

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone go from the Mezz 1 to the Mezz Max? Worth switching? 

Titleist TSR3 9* Ventus Blue TR 6X 45.25"
Callaway Paradym 15* HZRDUS Black Gen 4 70g 6.0

Callaway Apex UW 19* HZRDUS Black Gen 4 70g 6.0

Srixon ZX7 4-PW Nippon Modus 3 Tour 120S
Titleist Vokey SM9 50*08* F / 54*12*D/ 58*12*D
LAB DF3 34*/69* 

55 minutes ago, duffputter said:

Anyone go from the Mezz 1 to the Mezz Max? Worth switching? 

I did, but there is a lot involved.  I am an advocate of dead hands when using a Mezz putter - meaning no manipulations.  If you have dead hands I think you can put with any of the LAB putters.

Why did U go with the MEZZ.1 Max? I wanted to get it with the 1.L grip and the heavy version. The heavy version allows me to feel the putter better and NOT manipulate things. Fundamentally it comes down to what works for you to not manipulate the putter during the stroke.

As you transition from torque putters to LAB putters you may want to have more weight since the torque is perceived as weight.'

The other deal is your transition is going to go in waves where things work and then they do not - you have to stay with it and try not to make too many mods to your putter or buy more putters. The best would be to borrow a putter, but the LAB online fittings are pretty good

• Like 2

PXG Gen 5 0311 9º, Kai'li Blue, Titleist TSr3, 9º, Ventus Blue

Titleist TSr2, 15º fw, GD Tour AD IZ

Titleist TSr2, 20º fw, GD Tour AD IZ

Titleist TSi2, 21º Hy, GD Tour AD IZ

Titleist TSi2, 24º Hy, GD Tour AD IZ

Titleist T150 6-48º Tensei AV Blue AM2

Vokey SM9 54º, 60º, Tensei AV Blue AM2

L.A.B. Golf DF3, MEZZ.1 Max reg & Broom,  MEZZ.1, DF 2.1 Reg & Broom

No room to list Bench Warmers 🙂

On 4/28/2023 at 4:40 PM, VanTheMan0519 said:

My course just signed up to be a dealer/fitter. They are receiving a fitting kit. How are those fittings done compared to the swing video you email LAG?

Different.  When I sent them a video they came back with 67 degree lie angle.  My local PGASS has a LAB fitting putter.  I was at 71 degrees using the actual putter.  I ordered at 71 degrees.

• Like 1

@labgolf As one of the original 10 testers for GolfWRX and LAB Golf, I am still rolling the Mezz.1 it's such an AMAZING putter even after a year and half.

I would DEFINITELY recommend a heavier Mezz.1 head weight as it's night & day difference when I first got it to the way I have it now. It swing weights at E3. Using a left hand low technique.

The Mezz.1 putts really well with the Vice Pro and Vice Pro Plus balls since I am experimenting with these balls. Feel off the face is just right, not clicky but not ubber soft like Chromesoft either. Also my Mezz.1 does not produce any "Ting" sound, just wanted to put it out there and it never has since I got it Day 1.

I've not gone back to the DF2.1 which has been sitting in my backup game since the Mezz.1 is just...  SOLID AS A ROCK, as the song goes 👍

Thanks LAB & GolfWRX, really, really enjoying the Mezz

• Like 3

Driver: Taylormade Stealth 2+ 9*, Proxima 5X 

Fairways: Callaway - Rogue ST LS 13.5* & Fujikura Red TR 5S // Callaway Diablo Edge Tour 15* & Miyazaki C Kua 43S

Hybrid:   Cobra Speedzone 3 hybrid 19*

Irons:       Ping i530 5-PW AWT 2.0 matte black shafts, JumboMax STR8 Ultralite grips
Wedges: Cleveland CBX2 48, Ben Hogan Equalizer 52*, Cleveland Full Face 56*, KBS TGI 100 shafts
Putter:     LAB Golf Mezz.1 ACCRA shaft / Directed Force Reno "2.05 Presse IV tweaked" Putter with OG BGT Stability shaft
Srixon XV 5/6 or Vice Pro Plus. JumboMax STR8 Ultralite grips

Moe Norman/Graves Single Plane Swing

ordered a DF on April 21st.  Its a stock model as the specs I was fitted to were 35/69.  i'm hoping it arrives soon.  i've seen enough guys go from average/ below average putters to good putters to at least give it a shot.  I did try the link briefly and loved it but thought i'd try the original first.  

Thinking about ordering both after reading about the mezz now.  thanks everyone.  🙂

Edited by B_of_H
  • Like 1

TSi3 10 @ 10.75 Ventus Black 6x 45"

TM BRNR 13.5* hzrdus gen4 black 6.5 70g 43.75"

TS3 18* Hzrdus smoke black RDX  80g 6.5 41.5"

New Level NLU-01 22* and 25* Hzrdus smoke black rdx 100g 6.5
New Level 902-OS 6-P (KBS tour 130x) -1* weak on each

Vokey sm8 50@49/12 KBS $ taper HT 130, Sm9 54@53/10S,

58/4T KBS $ taper HT 125 or 58/8m DGx100 mid TI
L.A.B. Golf DF 2.1 35"/ 69* Press II

23 hours ago, B_of_H said:

ordered a DF on April 21st.  Its a stock model as the specs I was fitted to were 35/69.  i'm hoping it arrives soon.  i've seen enough guys go from average/ below average putters to good putters to at least give it a shot.  I did try the link briefly and loved it but thought i'd try the original first.  

Thinking about ordering both after reading about the mezz now.  thanks everyone.  🙂

Yeah, you're going to have fun with BOTH LAB putters. Functionally, they are different, as I can execute different types of putts with the DF due to the wider length face, such as toe/heel putting. Can't do that with the Mezz, unfortunately or at least, it's not as effective compared to the DF. Yeah, Mezz.1 is way more compact which is good in the bag but I am about to get a new Cart bag so that won't be an issue for me.

Neither putters will go anywhere for me, both are keepers 4 sure 👍

• Like 2

Driver: Taylormade Stealth 2+ 9*, Proxima 5X 

Fairways: Callaway - Rogue ST LS 13.5* & Fujikura Red TR 5S // Callaway Diablo Edge Tour 15* & Miyazaki C Kua 43S

Hybrid:   Cobra Speedzone 3 hybrid 19*

Irons:       Ping i530 5-PW AWT 2.0 matte black shafts, JumboMax STR8 Ultralite grips
Wedges: Cleveland CBX2 48, Ben Hogan Equalizer 52*, Cleveland Full Face 56*, KBS TGI 100 shafts
Putter:     LAB Golf Mezz.1 ACCRA shaft / Directed Force Reno "2.05 Presse IV tweaked" Putter with OG BGT Stability shaft
Srixon XV 5/6 or Vice Pro Plus. JumboMax STR8 Ultralite grips

Moe Norman/Graves Single Plane Swing

• 2 months later...

Its been a while since I posted in this thread and I have been meaning to give kind of an update for my putting with L.A.B. Golf putters.  I have gone back to the DF 2.1 since it is the most automatic for me. 

I think everyone will adjust to these putters in differing amounts of time. I am a few months past a year of changing to the MEZZ.1 and then DF 2.1.  I am finally to the point where my stroke has fully adjusted to the putters.  I really notice that when I play in scrambles and hear people say the putt is 2 balls out and they are really aiming 2.5 feet out.

My aim with the 2.1 is really good - my issue is with distance.  I leave a lot of putts short in the heart. I think that may just be a trust thing and I need to let the putts go with more freedom and know that if I run it past by a couple feet that those are easy to make.

At this point I am thrilled that I made the switch, and wanted to put this out there so people would know that it takes time to adjust to the lack of torque during the stroke.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ajlacombe said:

My aim with the 2.1 is really good - my issue is with distance.  I leave a lot of putts short in the heart. I think that may just be a trust thing and I need to let the putts go with more freedom and know that if I run it past by a couple feet that those are easy to make.

i struggle with this same issue

Driver: Callaway Epic Max LS with KBS TD Cat 44.5" (Ventus black as backup)

4w: '22 Rogue ST LS 16.5  Tensei AV Blue 75x

7w: '22 Callaway Apex UW 21 80s MMT

DI: Caley 01X 18* with KBS PGH 95

4-AW: PXG OG 0211  with KBS Tour Stiff 2.5* up 3/4" long MOI matched

Wedges: Cleveland Zipcore 54 Full/58 Mid 

Putter: DF2.1 35"69* in blue

Ball: Snell Prime 4.0

5 hours ago, ajlacombe said:

Its been a while since I posted in this thread and I have been meaning to give kind of an update for my putting with L.A.B. Golf putters.  I have gone back to the DF 2.1 since it is the most automatic for me. 

I think everyone will adjust to these putters in differing amounts of time. I am a few months past a year of changing to the MEZZ.1 and then DF 2.1.  I am finally to the point where my stroke has fully adjusted to the putters.  I really notice that when I play in scrambles and hear people say the putt is 2 balls out and they are really aiming 2.5 feet out.

At this point I am thrilled that I made the switch, and wanted to put this out there so people would know that it takes time to adjust to the lack of torque during the stroke.

3 hours ago, Rbsiedsc said:

i struggle with this same issue

It seems to be common with the DF to leave putts short and really struggle with the long stuff. When I had mine I remember having 40-50 footers come up 8-12 short all the time but would make the 8-12 footer lol. I guess a two putt is a two putt! I wonder from a design perspective, in a a future model,  if they could look at an insert in the face or a different material to make the face a bit “hotter”. Regardless, after a year away from mine, Im coming back to LAB, this time with an armlock.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Red4282 said:

It seems to be common with the DF to leave putts short and really struggle with the long stuff. When I had mine I remember having 40-50 footers come up 8-12 short all the time but would make the 8-12 footer lol. I guess a two putt is a two putt! I wonder from a design perspective, in a a future model,  if they could look at an insert in the face or a different material to make the face a bit “hotter”. Regardless, after a year away from mine, Im coming back to LAB, this time with an armlock.

I feel that my issue is caused by a lack of a long enough backswing - my target is the hole and being able to put it in a 1 foot diameter circle from pretty much anywhere is fantastic, but frustrating when you have 10 putts on a day that all could easily have dropped

Having said that I might see if I can get my brain to target a foot behind the hole. I can not just tell myself hit it harder because that screws my  direction.  I might also just target the back edge of the hole and see how that does

• Like 1

I forgot to mention the looks of the Starship Enterprise.  I started at "Hell no, I could never use that" to today where I do not even see the thing - jokes are made about it, but when they see me putt with it, they start thinking Hmmmm 🙂 

As Sam says the putter kind of teaches you to putt after you see what happens when you use it - a subconscious thing, you are not having to do anything you just react to the putt at hand

When I say I leave a lot of putts short, I have to also say that I make more than I used to by a good bit, it is just that every putt has a shot to go in and the ones I miss are usually left short.  When you put a really solid roll on the ball it will power through the typical green bumpiness and hold the line

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 months later...
34 minutes ago, Leftybombs said:

Does anyone have the platinum finish how is it in the direct sunlight I had an evnroll and it was horrible glare off the putter blinding on some putts in the morning. I swore I would always stick with a black putter after that but the platinum looks like it has a sort of matte finish. 

I don’t have the Platinum but I’ve got a gold/orange color and there is not any glare.  Also have a Blue 2.1 and no glare.  The other LAB putters I have are black.   I do have a silver B2 that I purchased from another WRX’er to try out (I found out I’m not a blade guy anymore, even with the help of LAB tech) and it didn’t glare much at all.  I think they do a really good job of not having the glade off their colors. 

• Thanks 1

Callaway Paradym Smoke AI Triple Diamond 9* Proxima 6X

PXG Black Ops Tour-1 9* Ventus Blue Plus 6X

TM Stealth2 Plus 3 wood 15*- Ventus TR Blue 7X
Callaway Rogue “T” Triple Diamond 19* 5 wood- Ventus TR Blue 8X
4-PW PXG Gen5 Darkness 0311T MMT 105TX 2* flat
PXG Sugar Daddy 2  50* Axiom 125X
PXG Sugar Daddy 2  54* Axiom 125X
PXG Sugar Daddy 2  58* Axiom 125X
LAB Mezz Max-heavy version, 35” with Stability Tour Fire shaft. Press II 3.0 grip
PXG Hybrid stand bag

1 hour ago, Leftybombs said:

Does anyone have the platinum finish how is it in the direct sunlight I had an evnroll and it was horrible glare off the putter blinding on some putts in the morning. I swore I would always stick with a black putter after that but the platinum looks like it has a sort of matte finish. 

I don't have one, but I play with a guy who games a DF 2.1 in platinum.  I don't see any glare at all, and I've played quite a few rounds with him.  He hasn't mentioned any glare, either.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Leftybombs said:

I have a platinum MEZZ Max.  No glare. It does have a matte finish.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, GoTime said:

about 5 weeks since my order...

5 hours ago, reider69 said:

I am over 6 weeks and still waiting.  

4 weeks for me. luckily i bought a stock DF2.1 to cure my itch for the time being.

6 hours ago, Leftybombs said:

I hit 5 weeks today and I changed my mind and am going to mezz max instead of standard and they told me they had to cancel my order and start at the back of the line again with a new mezz max order. 

ditto i wanted to change to a broomy but i had to cancel my order. decided to just retain my order

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Leftybombs said:

Does anyone have a cappuccino colour mezz trying to see it in a real picture. 

This is an old listing that I sold months ago, with pictures of the cappuccino color. I would say it is between brown and bronze

Edited by Long Shot
  • Thanks 1

Ping G430 Max 9* Ventus Black 60x

Sim2 15* GD Tour Ad Hd 

Callaway X Hot pro 20* Hybrind Tour AD HD 95x

Srixon ZX-7 4-p Modus 120x

Vokey SM9 50, 54, 58

Lab Mezz Max C/B 

• 2 weeks later...

Been a while since I've commented in this thread.  But I wanted to come back & say that my putting has never been better since I've put the MEZZ.1 in the bag.  It's so damn consistent ... pick a line, stroke the putter = ball in hole.  And when I miss, it's not the putters fault, it's my alignment.  There are days when the putts just don't drop but I burn edges all day long.  I'll get comments like "you come close to making the putt every time" or "you've been burning edges all day."  I thought about getting the MAX but I realize the face length is just a bit larger than the original.  I love having it in the bag though.  It's a great conversation starter as well.  "What is that putter your using?"  or "that thing may look funny, but it seems to work for you."  It hasn't left my bag since I received it over a year ago.  I wanted to thank @labgolf & Sam Hahn for creating such a great putter & to @GolfWRX_Official for selecting me to test out the Proto MEZZ.1  

• Like 2

Driver: Titleist TSR3 UST Mamiya Prototype  

Fairways: Titleist TS2 13.5* UST Mamiya LIN-Q Blue

Utility: Titleist U500 19* Fujikura Ventus Blue HB

Irons:  T350 4 & 5, T200 6-PW UST Mamiya Recoil Dart F4 105g

Wedges: Vokey SM9 48*, 52*, 56*

Putter: L.A.B. Golf MEZZ.1 Proto 

Ball: ProV1 Left Dot