MEMBER REVIEWS: L.A.B. Golf MEZZ.1 Putter (Early Access) Member Testing! See What Members Are Saying!

GolfWRX_Official

Those of you still using the MEZZ, how are you doing with lag putting & speed control?  In the beginning, I was playing slower greens & was not having an issue with either.  The last few rounds I've played a few courses with fast greens & I had the worst time with getting the speed down.  I was blowing by the hole on my 1st putt a lot, I mean a lot.  I got to a point where I just got frustrated and picked up after missing the comeback putt so many times.  It was unfortunate because I was having a good ball striking day, just horrible on the greens.  

What have you guys done to compensate or practice with speed control?  Fast greens are killing me now.  I may have to go back to the Scotty for my next upcoming tournaments.  

Driver: Titleist TSR3 UST Mamiya Prototype  

Fairways: Titleist TS2 13.5* UST Mamiya LIN-Q Blue

Utility: Titleist U500 19* Fujikura Ventus Blue HB

Irons:  T350 4 & 5, T200 6-PW UST Mamiya Recoil Dart F4 105g

Wedges: Vokey SM9 48*, 52*, 56*

Putter: L.A.B. Golf MEZZ.1 Proto 

Ball: ProV1 Left Dot

10 minutes ago, HackinNut said:

Those of you still using the MEZZ, how are you doing with lag putting & speed control?  In the beginning, I was playing slower greens & was not having an issue with either.  The last few rounds I've played a few courses with fast greens & I had the worst time with getting the speed down.  I was blowing by the hole on my 1st putt a lot, I mean a lot.  I got to a point where I just got frustrated and picked up after missing the comeback putt so many times.  It was unfortunate because I was having a good ball striking day, just horrible on the greens.  

What have you guys done to compensate or practice with speed control?  Fast greens are killing me now.  I may have to go back to the Scotty for my next upcoming tournaments.  

Oh man - sounds familiar.  I have been dying this spring.  Striking the ball well and putting like crap - worst case - shot 76 with 39 putts 😞  Funny thing is my speed control with my LAB putters has been awesome from the start.  The MEZZ has excelled in being deadly except from short range.

Short range putts - my fix was when I realized my putting thoughts were DON"T MISS IT.  The fix for me was to follow through at the hole/target  This has yielded much better results.  I contemplating on going back to a regular putter, but stayed with the MEZZ.

The MEZZ "feels" amazing to me, where the DF 2.1 is very good but it is less lively than the MEZZ with the ACCRA shaft.

My long putting was a case of Mr Close. It is sickening for me to go and entire day with 18 holes of made putts, adding up to a whopping 10 feet. I seem to have fixed this with a comment from a playing partner recently.  I used to always see the line of the putt and would pick out a target where the ball had to go in order to make the putt.  This is similar to the short putt fix - giving my squirrel brain a target to aim for.

As far as distance control, I do not even think about anything.  I also do not take practice swings - I look at the hole and let 'er rip.  Sorry for that seeming like no help, but I would ask what do you do on the putting green?  If you are like me, you just putt without practice strokes, no lining it up or anything.  What happens - balls go in or are pretty close.  To me, this means deactivate the conscious mind and let the body do what it does during a free throw - acquire target, and perform.

The answer in golf to the question of what is wrong with me, my swing... is NOTHING.  There is NOTHING to fix, get out of your head and play.  It is so hard to do that though.

• Like 3

PXG Gen 5 0311 9º, Kai'li Blue, Titleist TSr3, 9º, Ventus Blue

Titleist TSr2, 15º fw, GD Tour AD IZ

Titleist TSr2, 20º fw, GD Tour AD IZ

Titleist TSi2, 21º Hy, GD Tour AD IZ

Titleist TSi2, 24º Hy, GD Tour AD IZ

Titleist T150 6-48º Tensei AV Blue AM2

Vokey SM9 54º, 60º, Tensei AV Blue AM2

L.A.B. Golf DF3, MEZZ.1 Max reg & Broom,  MEZZ.1, DF 2.1 Reg & Broom

No room to list Bench Warmers 🙂

If you get the correct lie angle will

Lab golf make the putter head weight to the max so the putter would not feel so light?

if lie angle balancing as more to do with correct lie angle than putter head weight, what could increasing the head weight hurt if it helps you with feel?

If you order the directed force 2.0 today will that pinging sound be gone for sure if they said they figured what the problem was?

5 minutes ago, PingPoncho said:

Lab golf make the putter head weight to the max so the putter would not feel so light?

if lie angle balancing as more to do with correct lie angle than putter head weight, what could increasing the head weight hurt if it helps you with feel?

If you order the directed force 2.0 today will that pinging sound be gone for sure if they said they figured what the problem was?

I just got the DF 2.1 Augusta model and there is NO ringing in the head - that is in comparison to a DF 2.1 that is about a month older with the same everything, that does ring. But I am not sure they guarantee it will not ring.

The "weight" you are missing is that torque about the axis of the shaft.  The MEZZ is a heavy putter with an E0ish swing weight, but you do not feel it due to the lack of torque.  For me, I have to trust the putter and lighten the grip pressure and just swing it with the big muscles and not my wrists and hands.

I think the answer to what would adding weight hurt, revolves around you holding a very heavy static weight putter that will not give you a heavy swinging putter due to the lack of the torque weight (my term for perceived weight due to torque). You are combining things here - old putter style "feel" with a LAB Golf "feel".  They are different.  My MEZZ is a very heavy putter IMO and it is stock.

LAB Golf will nail your fitting if you do it remotely, but they can not determine how you will adapt to their putters.  If at all possible, I would go hit one and spend some time with it.

10 hours ago, HackinNut said:

I'm not having this at all.  I play on extremely quick greens that are regularly at 10-14 speeds.  So I'm used to having to deal with fast greens and my putting has never been better.  I've had the putter now for probably 15-20 rounds and I have only three 3-putts now with this thing.  I've had recent rounds of 26 and 27 putts.  Obviously there are thousand of putter types because every person is different.  There is no one putter for everyone.  So take every review or experience with a grain of salt.  But, for me...this is been a game changer.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, jdorfman said:

I'm not having this at all.  I play on extremely quick greens that are regularly at 10-14 speeds.  So I'm used to having to deal with fast greens and my putting has never been better.  I've had the putter now for probably 15-20 rounds and I have only three 3-putts now with this thing.  I've had recent rounds of 26 and 27 putts.  Obviously there are thousand of putter types because every person is different.  There is no one putter for everyone.  So take every review or experience with a grain of salt.  But, for me...this is been a game changer.

I’m the same way.  Putting better than I’ve ever had.  In fact faster greens seem to be better than slower ones for me.  The slower ones I have a little difficulty with because I’m so used to fast ones that I’ll come up short to start the round until I get used to them later.  

the only difficulties I’ve had with this putter on a regular basis are when I’ve got to get over a severe slope.  However I don’t remember times when those types of putts were easy anyway.  Lately I think they stick out in my mind more due to the rest of my putting game doing so well.  

• Like 1

Callaway Paradym Smoke AI Triple Diamond 9* Proxima 6X

PXG Black Ops Tour-1 9* Ventus Blue Plus 6X

TM Stealth2 Plus 3 wood 15*- Ventus TR Blue 7X
Callaway Rogue “T” Triple Diamond 19* 5 wood- Ventus TR Blue 8X
4-PW PXG Gen5 Darkness 0311T MMT 105TX 2* flat
PXG Sugar Daddy 2  50* Axiom 125X
PXG Sugar Daddy 2  54* Axiom 125X
PXG Sugar Daddy 2  58* Axiom 125X
LAB Mezz Max-heavy version, 35” with Stability Tour Fire shaft. Press II 3.0 grip
PXG Hybrid stand bag

3 minutes ago, achun88 said:

Really enjoying reading all the info in this thread. Hoping to order one of these this weekend, but hoping to get some guidance on the upgraded shaft options. I think I’m going with the Accra, but curious how it compares to the BGT stability tour shafts? BGT worth the up charge?

Are either the Accra or BGT shafts more stabil than the stock KBS steel shaft and do they actually provide a real world difference in twisting or is it just a feel benefit?

Finally got mine in the mail. I am liking it so far. It does what they say it's supposed to do. Nice and straight putts. 

Driver: Ping G430 LST 10.5 degrees HZRDUS Smoke Green Small Batch 60 6.0

3 Wood: Ping G410 LST 14.5 degrees HZRDUS Smoke Green Small Batch 70 6.0

5 wood: Ping G430 MAX 18 degrees Diamana GT 70S

4-PW: Ping i230 Nippon Pro Modus 120S

Wedges: Ping Glide 4.0 (52, 56), Ping Glide 2.0 (60) Nippon Pro Modus 120S

Putter: Piretti 801R Tour Only 303SS Prototype

Ball: Titleist Pro V1x

I had a SAM lab fitting today. Going into it, I had told the fitter I was interested in trying the Mezz. I had tried a buddy's DF2.1 and liked the roll and how automatically easy setup was, just not the head shape. The SAM was trying to put me into a PING that I did not care for, and honestly the SAM readings were probably garbage due to compensations I've built in to work with my current (and only) old Cleveland blade.

Fitter started me out on the Mezz and I didn't miss a single putt. Didn't love the feel off the face though. Tried some other things and only putted really well with one other, the Betti Queen Bee #6, and god the feel off the face was sublime. But at the end of the day, setting up with the Betti was just more difficult, I constantly felt like the face was closed when it was fully square. Whereas, with the Mezz, I just walked up, set the putter behind the ball and alignment was perfect every time. I just wish the feel off the face was a bit softer like the Betti.  

@labgolf Someone in the other LAB thread mentioned the Accra shaft might soften the feel some, is that accurate? 

I have the MEZZ with the Accra shaft, and 3 DF 2.1s all with the Stability Tour shafts.  The feel of the Accra is better than the BGT for me.  When you consider $100 vs $275, it is no brainer for me.  The Accra provides a lot of feel but is very hard for me to describe the differences.  It is not that the BGT is bad, but the Accra gives me the feel I want and the BGT seems to just not have that same feel.  This is an extremely subjective thing though.  If I did not have the Accra, the BGT would be awesome - hopefully that makes sense.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ajlacombe said:

I have the MEZZ with the Accra shaft, and 3 DF 2.1s all with the Stability Tour shafts.  The feel of the Accra is better than the BGT for me.  When you consider $100 vs $275, it is no brainer for me.  The Accra provides a lot of feel but is very hard for me to describe the differences.  It is not that the BGT is bad, but the Accra gives me the feel I want and the BGT seems to just not have that same feel.  This is an extremely subjective thing though.  If I did not have the Accra, the BGT would be awesome - hopefully that makes sense.

super helpful. Thank you!

11 hours ago, rlb4 said:

Are either the Accra or BGT shafts more stabil than the stock KBS steel shaft and do they actually provide a real world difference in twisting or is it just a feel benefit?

I’ve got a steel and the Stability Shaft in a 2.1.  The Mezz only has the Tour Stability.  In the 2.1 the Stability seems to help more and when I was using the 2.1.  Both were really good but I just made more putts with the Stability shaft.  

• Thanks 1

LAB Mezz Max-heavy version, 35” with Stability Tour Fire shaft. Press II 3.0 grip
PXG Hybrid stand bag

11 hours ago, My2Dogs said:

I’ve got a steel and the Stability Shaft in a 2.1.  The Mezz only has the Tour Stability.  In the 2.1 the Stability seems to help more and when I was using the 2.1.  Both were really good but I just made more putts with the Stability shaft.  

Can you describe a difference, if any, in feel like between the steel and stability shaft on pure rolls? 

On 5/27/2022 at 11:21 AM, HackinNut said:

I think for me, the thing I try to remember the most is a 1:1 ratio of backstroke and stroke. Based on how the greens are running, I will pick a spot on my line, and I think about if I make it 1:1, how long does my backstroke need to be to get the ball to roll to that exact point. To me, keeping the 1:1 in mind takes out any technical manipulation or anything, and makes the putt purely based on speed. If I hit that spot and the putt goes too far or comes up short, then I know that spot was too long/close for the speed of putt. Generally have good success gauging speed that way.

On 5/27/2022 at 12:54 PM, PingPoncho said:

I think based on your length and lie angle, the head is weighted unique to that in order to achieve the correct balance. I could be mistaken, but I don't think they necessarily build like other OEMs where they say ok a MEZZ is 350g, a DF is 370g, etc etc... I think it all depends on your specs.

I'll add that I have both a DF and a MEZZ and the MEZZ is lighter than the DF based just on feel in hand, but neither feel light, if that makes sense. When at address, both feel weighted too where I cannot easily over-manipulate the head but not so heavy that there's no feel. I think they've mentioned here in the forums that people can send it back to make heavier... 

re: the pinging, Sam talked in the podcast with WRX about the sound being different from putter to putter, based on the weighting and how it is balanced, since that is unique to each person/build. Neither of mine have a pinging sound, but some have that issue. I guess to each their own, but to me the ping sound would be kinda like the look of the DF... who cares if the ball is starting on line every single time (which it does)

• Like 1

On 5/29/2022 at 10:14 AM, Simpsonia said:

Can you describe a difference, if any, in feel like between the steel and stability shaft on pure rolls? 

I am intrigued by the Mezz. I too, would like to hear about the feel of the different shafts. From what I have read, it seems that the ACCRA shaft provides stability yet also includes “feel”.  Is that correct?

Titleist TSR2 - 8* Ventus Red TR 6X
Titleist TSi2 - 15* - Ventus Red TR 7X
Titleist TSR3 19* Hybrid
Titleist U500 - 4 iron DG TI X-100
Titleist T100 5-9 DG TI X-100
Titleist Vokey SM10 (46*, 52*, 56*, 60*) raw 
Odyssey Triple T 

13 minutes ago, Carson33 said:

I am intrigued by the Mezz. I too, would like to hear about the feel of the different shafts. From what I have read, it seems that the ACCRA shaft provides stability yet also includes “feel”.  Is that correct?

This is a tough question to answer, but Sam Hahn addressed it in the podcast episode he did on GolfWRX.  He said the ACCRA is great but the BGT Stability or LA Golf Shafts provide more stability - at a cost.  And... if cost is not an issue, why not get the better (more expensive) shaft?  From my perspective I think the Accra is an awesome shaft and I would have a hard time justifying spending almost triple for the BGT.

A note on my putting woes with the MEZZ and DF 2.1.  In a round on Memorial Day I had a thought that worked out for me - I am not spending tons of time over the putts and making everything more reactionary.  Especially on short putts - get my line, get over it and let fly - it helped a lot. The more I am over the ball at address, the more my defective brain starts offering alternatives to success, and that SUCKS 🙂  This way the ball is in the hole by the time my brain is saying, but we could miss that one, ah never rmind....

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Carson33 said:

I don't know how much these specs translate to actual real world stability but the torque of the BGT is 1.0*, Accra is 2.2*, and the stock steel KBS CT Tour is 1.8*.  Just based on that is seems that the Accra is all about feel as the stock steel KBS shaft has less torque. The BGT is noticeably lower torque so it should be more stabil.

• Like 1

I don’t care for the feel of the BGT shafts. The torque on these shafts is low enough and if it is too low I won’t like it. Really, the KBS is a constant taper shaft with low enough torque for me. The Accra may work. 

I wonder if these putters can take a Fujikura MC putter shaft? Those are my favorites and the Extra Firm feels very stable but the rubber used in the shaft gives it a smooth feel. 

Callaway Paradym Triple Diamond 10.5 w/Diamana TB 60S

PXG GEN6 5 wood w/Diamana S-plus 70 stiff

Yamaha RMX VD 7 wood w/Diamana S-plus 70 stiff

Callaway Mavrik Pro hybrid (22) w/Aldila Tour Blue 85 stiff hybrid

Wilson Staff Model CB 5-G w/DG s300 shafts

Edel T grind 54 w/Nippon 125 wedge shaft

Fourteen RM-12 58 w/Dynamic Golds400

Axis1 Rose putter, 34 inches

On 5/31/2022 at 6:38 AM, ajlacombe said:

This is a tough question to answer, but Sam Hahn addressed it in the podcast episode he did on GolfWRX.  He said the ACCRA is great but the BGT Stability or LA Golf Shafts provide more stability - at a cost.  And... if cost is not an issue, why not get the better (more expensive) shaft?  From my perspective I think the Accra is an awesome shaft and I would have a hard time justifying spending almost triple for the BGT.

A note on my putting woes with the MEZZ and DF 2.1.  In a round on Memorial Day I had a thought that worked out for me - I am not spending tons of time over the putts and making everything more reactionary.  Especially on short putts - get my line, get over it and let fly - it helped a lot. The more I am over the ball at address, the more my defective brain starts offering alternatives to success, and that SUCKS 🙂  This way the ball is in the hole by the time my brain is saying, but we could miss that one, ah never rmind....

Yep, I gotta agree with Sam. I got the OG stability but back then I had $$$ to burn so it was a no brainer.

The Mezz is perfectly fine with the ACCRA. Frankly its a great shaft that offers a ton of feel and pretty good accuracy at long range. I would not swap it for the Stability. Well, unless I had $$ to burn.

So I am back to the Mezz. It's still a FUN, little putter. May be get more serious with it this time after all the local greens are now punched and recovering well. My comments and feeling are the same, it has its strength and weakness for sure....

Either way, one of the LAB Golf putters is always in my gamer bag 😁

Edited by SwingBlues
  • Like 2

Driver: Taylormade Stealth 2+ 9*, Proxima 5X 

Fairways: Callaway - Rogue ST LS 13.5* & Fujikura Red TR 5S // Callaway Diablo Edge Tour 15* & Miyazaki C Kua 43S

Hybrid:   Cobra Speedzone 3 hybrid 19*

Irons:       Ping i530 5-PW AWT 2.0 matte black shafts, JumboMax STR8 Ultralite grips
Wedges: Cleveland CBX2 48, Ben Hogan Equalizer 52*, Cleveland Full Face 56*, KBS TGI 100 shafts
Putter:     LAB Golf Mezz.1 ACCRA shaft / Directed Force Reno "2.05 Presse IV tweaked" Putter with OG BGT Stability shaft
Srixon XV 5/6 or Vice Pro Plus. JumboMax STR8 Ultralite grips

Moe Norman/Graves Single Plane Swing

So far the MEZZ has been ok to good and getting BETTER!  I've had the MEZZ for about 3 months.  I had a 2.1 and it worked, the analogy and feeling of being on rails or tracking automatically are absolutely true, never got over the size.  Had a B2, which took some time to adjust to, and when I did it was very good, probably should've kept it but it got traded in for the MEZZ.

MEZZ with white Accra and 1.5 grip, 35" and 67*.  Like most people have found, I have needed to (and still) mess around with the ball position a little.  Mostly a ball forward or back, nothing too extreme.  The best feeling I have found is towards the front foot with more solid strikes and NO ping sound when struck properly.  It's a very pleasant thud sound, the feel is excellent, and the roll is pure. 

My biggest challenge was with the black face and head which I like, but for some reason, I was losing the face at impact and was losing confidence with too much inconsistency.  I went ahead and did something that has worked tremendously for alignment.  I'm sure it wasn't the smartest thing (if I had really screwed up).  Thankfully the white lines came out decent, not perfect, but absolutely nothing I notice over the ball.  The alignment for me now is a true point and shoot and my confidence has really taken off and so has my consistency.  As a bonus, rarely, if at all, do I have to explain my putter to playing partners any longer!           

MEZZ DTL1.jpg

MEZZ OTB.jpg

• Like 1

Driver:  Callaway Epic 9° Fujikura Speeder 665 X

Hybrid:  Callaway Alpha 815  17° Fujikura Speeder 865 X

Hybrid:  Titleist 910H 22° Diamana Ahina 90 S

Irons:  MP 223 4-PW DG 120 X100

Wedges:  TaylorMade MG3 50° 54° 58°

Putter:  LAB Mezz.1 Accra white 35" 67°

Ball:  Prov1

43 minutes ago, JRB277 said:

So far the MEZZ has been ok to good and getting BETTER!  I've had the MEZZ for about 3 months.  I had a 2.1 and it worked, the analogy and feeling of being on rails or tracking automatically are absolutely true, never got over the size.  Had a B2, which took some time to adjust to, and when I did it was very good, probably should've kept it but it got traded in for the MEZZ.

MEZZ with white Accra and 1.5 grip, 35" and 67*.  Like most people have found, I have needed to (and still) mess around with the ball position a little.  Mostly a ball forward or back, nothing too extreme.  The best feeling I have found is towards the front foot with more solid strikes and NO ping sound when struck properly.  It's a very pleasant thud sound, the feel is excellent, and the roll is pure. 

My biggest challenge was with the black face and head which I like, but for some reason, I was losing the face at impact and was losing confidence with too much inconsistency.  I went ahead and did something that has worked tremendously for alignment.  I'm sure it wasn't the smartest thing (if I had really screwed up).  Thankfully the white lines came out decent, not perfect, but absolutely nothing I notice over the ball.  The alignment for me now is a true point and shoot and my confidence has really taken off and so has my consistency.  As a bonus, rarely, if at all, do I have to explain my putter to playing partners any longer!           

MEZZ DTL1.jpg

MEZZ OTB.jpg

Wow - that looks awesome - I can see LAB Golf putting in a bunch of alignment aids like they have for the DF 2.1.

I got out some yellow pinstriping and did a couple lines that mirror yours.  I am thinking about possible variations:

• Extending lines down the wedge
  • Doing more of the short grooves near the face
  • Double long lines like yours - 4 instead of 2.

As my mind is racing with possible alignment aids, I can see why I need them to look at during the putt for my overly active mind 🙂  

My key with the MEZZ has been making sure I am swinging the putter at a target and NOT hitting the ball.  That has really helped the short putts - follow through at the hole.  Then the ball rolls better and is not affected by green issues.

Thanks for the pics!  I sure hope @labgolf looks into adding alignment aid options for the MEZZ

This is version 2 of pinstriping the MEZZ - I can see the alignment issues better in teh picture than in real life 🙂  The problem is that the fang edges do not line up with the groove milling towards the face.  I can not handle trying to paint have of one of the milled grooves and lining that up with the back edge - it would have to be at @JRB277 did with the groove and a half width line on the fang portion.  I also think for me, I would want to leave one groove black and then fill groove two with either the same color or another color.  Big step to do this to an expensive putter, but it needs it.

I rolled some and it is a huge improvement IMO - thanks @JRB277!

image.png.0cc5d68b83d3a5a1573a08995ffb6d31.png

• Like 2

Well - I hit my green with the pinstriping and realized this is definitely the way to go for me - so I filled up the head with paint.  I tried long stripes on the ends and could not handle the look of the line being in a groove and then continuing with a half width line up on the flat, so I removed that - still have some more clean up to do on the lines, but it is close.

I learned one thing that I do while putting that I had no idea I did.  I actually watch the putter head during the stroke - not where it is my conscious eye and moving my head, but as I stare at the ball, my peripheral vision is indeed locked on the head.  Being able to see the blur of the yellow lines seemed to calm my ADD mind and locked in my stroke.

The line configuration does aid a bit in alignment, but the bigger aspect is allowing me to see the putter head.  Hard to explain, but this is a game changer for me. I also would NOT go with the same color on both sets of line pairs. For me the putter looks WAY better.  I am playing 9 both tomorrow and Thursday - can not wait to test it out,

image.png.2791d7e91b48957f42587c7e96c661ca.png

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ajlacombe said:

Well - I hit my green with the pinstriping and realized this is definitely the way to go for me - so I filled up the head with paint.  I tried long stripes on the ends and could not handle the look of the line being in a groove and then continuing with a half width line up on the flat, so I removed that - still have some more clean up to do on the lines, but it is close.

I learned one thing that I do while putting that I had no idea I did.  I actually watch the putter head during the stroke - not where it is my conscious eye and moving my head, but as I stare at the ball, my peripheral vision is indeed locked on the head.  Being able to see the blur of the yellow lines seemed to calm my ADD mind and locked in my stroke.

The line configuration does aid a bit in alignment, but the bigger aspect is allowing me to see the putter head.  Hard to explain, but this is a game changer for me. I also would NOT go with the same color on both sets of line pairs. For me the putter looks WAY better.  I am playing 9 both tomorrow and Thursday - can not wait to test it out,

image.png.2791d7e91b48957f42587c7e96c661ca.png

Looks nice. 

PXG Hybrid stand bag

On 6/6/2022 at 7:39 PM, ajlacombe said:

Wow - that looks awesome - I can see LAB Golf putting in a bunch of alignment aids like they have for the DF 2.1.

I got out some yellow pinstriping and did a couple lines that mirror yours.  I am thinking about possible variations:

• Extending lines down the wedge
  • Doing more of the short grooves near the face
  • Double long lines like yours - 4 instead of 2.

As my mind is racing with possible alignment aids, I can see why I need them to look at during the putt for my overly active mind 🙂  

My key with the MEZZ has been making sure I am swinging the putter at a target and NOT hitting the ball.  That has really helped the short putts - follow through at the hole.  Then the ball rolls better and is not affected by green issues.

Thanks for the pics!  I sure hope @labgolf looks into adding alignment aid options for the MEZZ

I wish they would have something like the 3 stripe line on the 2.1.  That matched up to the triple track perfectly.  

• Like 1

PXG Hybrid stand bag

17 hours ago, snipzky9 said:

Congrats to @labgolf and Charl Schwartzel with the Mezz.1 XL for picking up the first win on the LIV tour!

54-hole tournaments are perfect for him. He fades in the fourth round and he was leaking oil badly down the stretch — he was up 5 shots standing on 12 tee. Lucky for him there were not 18 more holes to play. 

• Haha 1

Callaway Paradym Triple Diamond 10.5 w/Diamana TB 60S

PXG GEN6 5 wood w/Diamana S-plus 70 stiff

Yamaha RMX VD 7 wood w/Diamana S-plus 70 stiff

Callaway Mavrik Pro hybrid (22) w/Aldila Tour Blue 85 stiff hybrid

Wilson Staff Model CB 5-G w/DG s300 shafts

Edel T grind 54 w/Nippon 125 wedge shaft

Fourteen RM-12 58 w/Dynamic Golds400

Axis1 Rose putter, 34 inches

On 5/28/2022 at 3:08 PM, Simpsonia said:

I had a SAM lab fitting today. Going into it, I had told the fitter I was interested in trying the Mezz. I had tried a buddy's DF2.1 and liked the roll and how automatically easy setup was, just not the head shape. The SAM was trying to put me into a PING that I did not care for, and honestly the SAM readings were probably garbage due to compensations I've built in to work with my current (and only) old Cleveland blade.

Fitter started me out on the Mezz and I didn't miss a single putt. Didn't love the feel off the face though. Tried some other things and only putted really well with one other, the Betti Queen Bee #6, and god the feel off the face was sublime. But at the end of the day, setting up with the Betti was just more difficult, I constantly felt like the face was closed when it was fully square. Whereas, with the Mezz, I just walked up, set the putter behind the ball and alignment was perfect every time. I just wish the feel off the face was a bit softer like the Betti.  

@labgolf Someone in the other LAB thread mentioned the Accra shaft might soften the feel some, is that accurate? 

The putter you will receive will feel better than the demo for sure, regardless of shaft. We seent those out before we made an adjustment that has improved things