MEMBER REVIEWS: L.A.B. Golf MEZZ.1 Putter (Early Access) Member Testing! See What Members Are Saying!

GolfWRX_Official

Regarding the sound. I feel like some days it makes the noise and some not, even with center or off center strikes. It doesn't bother me. I've hit a massive wall with short putts the past two weeks though. My lag putting is probably as good as its ever been and my putting inside of 10 feet is the worst it's been. I feel like maybe I'm overthinking it, but all of a sudden I am pulling putts if the ball is above my feet and pushing them if it's below. I'm hoping it's a setup issue but has anyone else run into this?

Driver: TSi3 8* Tour Green 75 TX

4 wood: Callaway Apex UW 17* Hzrdus Smoke 6.5
Irons: 4-PW 716 AP2 X100
Wedges: Mizuno T22 Copper 51, 56, 61 TI S400
Putter: Odyssey Jailbird 380 MH

3 minutes ago, Sankacoffee said:

Regarding the sound. I feel like some days it makes the noise and some not, even with center or off center strikes. It doesn't bother me. I've hit a massive wall with short putts the past two weeks though. My lag putting is probably as good as its ever been and my putting inside of 10 feet is the worst it's been. I feel like maybe I'm overthinking it, but all of a sudden I am pulling putts if the ball is above my feet and pushing them if it's below. I'm hoping it's a setup issue but has anyone else run into this?

Yes - that happened to me.  I think that since the LAB tech is so different in that it is removing some weirdness that is "normal", you immediately adapt to it and then the worst thing happens, your brain questions why you are no longer fighting the putter head from torquing.

What i did was to use a Dave Stockton trick and look just ahead of the ball and putt the end of the shaft through the spot ahead of the ball - thus making the ball go away.  I also had to make sure I was not "hitting" the ball and just stroking the putter.  I created my own putting grip that takes my left wrist out of the shot with a left hand low style.  If I trust the putter everything is fine, when doubt creeps in, so do the crappy putts

• Like 2

PXG Gen 5 0311 9º, Kai'li Blue, Titleist TSr3, 9º, Ventus Blue

Titleist TSr2, 15º fw, GD Tour AD IZ

Titleist TSr2, 20º fw, GD Tour AD IZ

Titleist TSi2, 21º Hy, GD Tour AD IZ

Titleist TSi2, 24º Hy, GD Tour AD IZ

Titleist T150 6-48º Tensei AV Blue AM2

Vokey SM9 54º, 60º, Tensei AV Blue AM2

L.A.B. Golf DF3, MEZZ.1 Max reg & Broom,  MEZZ.1, DF 2.1 Reg & Broom

No room to list Bench Warmers 🙂

First rounds out with the Mezz this year and got to experience it across four very different surfaces ranging from sand pits post aeration to the hardest/fastest greens I've experienced since playing Oakmont. Some random notes:

(1) I putted very, very well. I'm an okay putter, but I probably underperform my handicap in this category. Friends were notably impressed with my putting. "I like this putter for you." I couldn't get my Arccos to work and gave up on day 1, so I don't have data to support this. However, the eye test was pretty clear.

(2) Inside of 12 feet, this thing is money. I holed a lot more putts over 5 ft than I normally would. Felt like it gave me the confidence to be a bit more aggressive because I felt in most cases I could make a comeback.

(3) Speed control was challenging though I think that was more related to the various green speeds we played in a short period than the Mezz. (2) also made this feel less significant.

(4) The sound is materially different for me outside vs. inside. A much more subtle sound outside vs. the pinginess I hear when I putt inside my hardwood floored home.

Overall, I'm very happy with the putter and expect to see it in the bag for a while. Now I just need to find a better headcover...

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, drza3 said:

Anybody know if swapping shafts would throw off the balance? Thinking of trying a stability in mine. 

For sure it would change things - depending on how close the shafts are in weight. You can always try it and see how it feels.  Have the Accra shaft in my MEZZ and Stability shafts in my DF 2.1s.  I really like the Accra shaft in the MEZZ - hard to describe the feel of that.  I also have not tested various shafts so I can not say how they compare 🙂 

I was able to get my hands on a demo Mezz (TT steel, standard lie, 34”) and have spent a couple rounds with it and a good bit of time with it on the practice green and the in-home putting mat. 

My current gamer is a 2011 Ghost Spider center shaft. I will seemingly try any LH center shaft mallet that comes out. Nothing however has been able to kick out the Spider. I also have a PING Tyne C I like to mess around with. 

Regarding the Mezz…. It’s definitely a nice product. I noticed a little bit of a high pitched sound on off center strikes but it wasn’t anything that I really thought twice about. I do like the concept of lie angle balance and can definitely feel the lack of torque, especially on longer putts where you need a longer swing. Overall, it was nice but I don’t get the sense that it’s any better or worse than my current gamer. For me, it doesn’t feel like it will be $450-$500 better than what I currently have. I could totally game it and not feel like I’d be losing any strokes though. My only complaints are the amount of onset and the oversized grips. I’ve never liked larger super stroke type grips. The onset isn’t horrible but when it’s 6 feet for par, it’s just not something I like to see when looking down at the putter. I wish there was a way they could make one without any onset and with a traditional sized grip. I’m guessing the physics of lie angle balancing and zero torque aren’t possible that way though. So we’ll see, but like I said, I’m not overwhelmed that it’s $450 better than my gamer. If something terrible were to happen to my gamers (which are impossible to find in LH these days) I could see myself using the Mezz. 

Edited by nicholasriehl
  • Like 1

PING G410 LST 10.5* --- Project X Evenflow Blue 55-S

PING G410 17.5* & 20.5* FW --- Aldila Tour Blue 65-S

Titleist 818H1 23* Hybrid --- Project X Evenflow Riptide 80-6.0

PING i210 5-UW --- Nippon Modus 105-S

PING Glide 3.0 Eye2 54* & 58* --- Nippon Modus 115 Wedge

L.A.B. DF3 --- Accra x L.A.B.

18 minutes ago, nicholasriehl said:

I was able to get my hands on a demo Mezz (TT steel, standard lie, 34”) and have spent a couple rounds with it and a good bit of time with it on the practice green and the in-home putting mat. 

My current gamer is a 2011 Ghost Spider center shaft. I will seemingly try any LH center shaft mallet that comes out. Nothing however has been able to kick out the Spider. I also have a PING Tyne C I like to mess around with. 

Regarding the Mezz…. It’s definitely a nice product. I noticed a little bit of a high pitched sound on off center strikes but it wasn’t anything that I really thought twice about. I do like the concept of lie angle balance and can definitely feel the lack of torque, especially on longer putts where you need a longer swing. Overall, it was nice but I don’t get the sense that it’s any better or worse than my current gamer. For me, it doesn’t feel like it will be $450-$500 better than what I currently have. I could totally game it and not feel like I’d be losing any strokes though. My only complaints are the amount of onset and the oversized grips. I’ve never liked larger super stroke type grips. The onset isn’t horrible but when it’s 6 feet for par, it’s just not something I like to see when looking down at the putter. I wish there was a way they could make one without any onset and with a traditional sized grip. I’m guessing the physics of lie angle balancing and zero torque aren’t possible that way though. So we’ll see, but like I said, I’m not overwhelmed that it’s $450 better than my gamer. If something traffic were to happen to my gamers (which are impossible to find in LH these days) I could see myself using the Mezz. 

Interesting insights.

The Lie Angle balancing is balancing the rotation of the head in the axis of the shaft, so you are correct that they can not put the shaft near the face and do the balancing, because there needs to be mass on the face side of the shaft that matches the other sides of the shaft.

THe Grip is the same thing - the size is to hide the forward press angle.  I Started suing SuperStroke 1.0 grips and settled on the 2.0 but did not like the 3.0 size, although I had a PING Ketsch with a bigger grip and putted really well with it.

And now my favorite grip is the LAB 1.L - it is an elliptical shape and it is like a bat 🙂  the reason I like it is that it occupies my hands and I am OK with it because my hands need to hold the club and not fight the torque. When I play golf now I listen to and watch my partners and their putting.  You can pick up a lot of insights into what LAB putters take away from your stroke.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, LODGE1519 said:

New headcovers out today, just bought the white one.  I will try to post in hand comparison pics once I get it.

Those are very cool but I think the LAB covers have a flaw in them since they have two magnetic tongues.  I have been trying to figure out how they could solve the issue of the tongue on the heel side of the putter being a PITA to get attached.  The problem is that the shaft impedes the attachment.

The only thing I can think of would force a left and right handed cover - just us one tongue on the toe side and angle it from the toe to the center of the cover.  This issue is a real PITA for me and it happens 18 times a round and is no doubt causing wear on the shaft from that cover rubbing the shaft.

49 minutes ago, TheMagicStinger said:

I've been a loyal subscriber to the df2.1 and considering switching to the mezz.  What's the feel like between the two?

For those of us no where near a place to demo it really sucks to gamble on such a item that's highly dependent on customization. 

Tough question. I have 2 DF 2.1 and a MEZZ.  MEZZ has the Accra shaft and both 2.1 have the Stability Tour shafts.  I will reference the feel of the SF 2.1 with the 1.L grip.

I think that the feel of the MEZZ with the ACCRA shaft has a feel that I find difficult to describe - and this is versus the DF 2.1

The MEZZ feels very responsive than that DF 2.1.  I think that is the difference between the ACCRA and the Stability shafts.  I really like the MEZZ feel.  The big difference IMO is that the MEZZ is less aircraft carrier in its feel. Meaning it is easier to flinch with the MEZZ, but that also means that you can be more creative in your stroke.

I am a feel player and prefer the feel of the MEZZ, but play the DF 2.1 due to stability and flinching on shorter putts under pressure.

If you fight any issues with hand involvement on short putts - I think the DF 2.1 is the better choice as long as you can honestly tell the detractors FU 🙂  The MEZZ is more easily moved, so you have more freedom during your stroke.  I will take about 4-5 months of changing back and forth to get a more in-depth opinion on the two.  Both are deadly with distance control, but the weight difference plays a part - and that does not mean that one weighs more than the other, but that the DF 2.1 "feels" heavier (higher MOI).

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I have played the DF 2.1 for quite a few rounds and decided to take the MEZZ out tonight for 9 and it confirmed a few things for me:

1. The ACCRA shaft feels awesome in the MEZZ - not really sure how to describe it but there is a lot more feel than the Stability Tour shaft
  2. My playing partners call the MEZZ the Dozer because of its looks, and since it is so flat on the bottom, block and sharp tangs - it can get stuck in the grass if you are on the green near the fringe or on the fringe near the rough.
  3. The MEZZ is way easier to accelerate - which is offset by meaning it is easier to flinch with it.
  4. I am WAY more creative with the MEZZ.  Distance control is spot on just like the DF 2.1 but I seem to make more putts

I am happy to have both since they are similar but different in many aspects. I made a near 20 footer tonight on a long uphill par 4 for birdie.  The MEZZ is in the bag for Sunday 

Just ordered mine last week. Will let you know my thoughts after my first practice session with it. 

Driver: Ping G430 LST 10.5 degrees HZRDUS Smoke Green Small Batch 60 6.0

3 Wood: Ping G410 LST 14.5 degrees HZRDUS Smoke Green Small Batch 70 6.0

5 wood: Ping G430 MAX 18 degrees Diamana GT 70S

4-PW: Ping i230 Nippon Pro Modus 120S

Wedges: Ping Glide 4.0 (52, 56), Ping Glide 2.0 (60) Nippon Pro Modus 120S

Putter: Piretti 801R Tour Only 303SS Prototype

Ball: Titleist Pro V1x

16 minutes ago, CynicalFly27 said:

Just ordered mine last week. Will let you know my thoughts after my first practice session with it. 

I just saw a video somewhere this week and wrote down some very cool insights - that really apply to L.A.B. Golf putters:

1. Grip pressure on the top of the grip will tend to cause a left miss.
  2. Grip pressure on the bottom of the grip will cause a right miss.

I think these make sense because it is really going back to lie angle.  If there is pressure on the top of the grip, I would interpret the pressure on top of the grip meaning the putt is too upright (toe up) - thus heel hits and the putter will close.  The reverse for too flat and pressure on the bottom of the grip.

1. If your hands are inside your shoulders, then your stroke path will be out to in.
  2. If your hands are outside your shoulders then your stroke path will be in to out.

These make sense as well - just exaggerate the hands to shoulder position and see where your path goes.

The bottom line of these things is that you can interpret why the putt is doing what it is doing.  Make a slight adjustment and watch the change in path and direction.  I am working on changing my putting grip to loosen the pressure and to only apply pressure to the sides of the grip since with a lie angle balanced putter, the side pressure does nothing to take the putter offline.  The initial results so far have been very positive. The Press 1.L grip works great with being able to adjust your grip since it is huge.

This thing is unreal, I've had so many par saves from distance. I just let the putter do the work. I'm now also tempted to get the DF. Great job LAB golf!

• Like 1

Cobra Aerojet PTC 10.5* Fujikura Ventus TR Blue 6X

Cobra Darkspeed X 16.5* LIN-Q M40X White 7F4

Callaway Apex 21 19* UST Recoil Dart 75 F4

Cobra Forged Tec X Black KBS Tour Lite S

Cobra Snakebite Black 48v/ 54v/ 60w KBS Hi-Rev Wedge

LAB Golf Mezz.1 Max Broom 41'/79.5/515g

Received the new Mezz headcover. Initial thoughts are that it is slightly bigger than the stock headcover but not by much. The quality seems to be good as well.  It’s a little softer leather than a swag golf headcover so not sure if durability will be as good as those specialty type headcover manufacturers.  The other thing and this is a to be determined on if it’s a good thing or not is that the magnets are significantly different than the stock headcover. The stock has round magnets that are very strong where this headcover has rectangular magnets that seem to secure very well but not nearly as strong of a connection as the stock cover.  Personally I feel like the stock cover is maybe a bit too strong of a magnet but will have to wait and see if these ones hold up over time which I have no doubt that the stock cover magnets will. 

C1514F9E-03CF-4720-81D3-DBD937053DFB.jpeg

942A9A96-4434-43C4-8A3C-E074BF435444.jpeg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LODGE1519 said:

Received the new Mezz headcover. Initial thoughts are that it is slightly bigger than the stock headcover but not by much. The quality seems to be good as well.  It’s a little softer leather than a swag golf headcover so not sure if durability will be as good as those specialty type headcover manufacturers.  The other thing and this is a to be determined on if it’s a good thing or not is that the magnets are significantly different than the stock headcover. The stock has round magnets that are very strong where this headcover has rectangular magnets that seem to secure very well but not nearly as strong of a connection as the stock cover.  Personally I feel like the stock cover is maybe a bit too strong of a magnet but will have to wait and see if these ones hold up over time which I have no doubt that the stock cover magnets will. 

C1514F9E-03CF-4720-81D3-DBD937053DFB.jpeg

942A9A96-4434-43C4-8A3C-E074BF435444.jpeg

I got the brown version and I like it, except for a couple things.  All L.A.B. Golf covers tend to curl up on the non-flap side - this inhibits the closing of the cover and is a pain in the butt.  The new MEZZ cover seems to force me to shove the putter head into the cover and force down the edge of the non-flap side so I can fold the flap back far enough to prevent deformation of the cover's shape.  Kind of like forming a baseball mitt.

Problem #2 is the two tongue flap - this for sure needs to be changed to a left and right hand cover where they remove the tongue on the heel side, because it hits into the shaft always and makes it a PITA to close the cover.

The DF 2.1 cover is worse on both counts.  The new MEZZ putter cover looks great IMO

Club Junkie Interview with Sam Hahn - this has some great insight

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Mikedoodle said:

Anyone putting left hand low?

I putt left hand low = I have modified my grip with the MEZZ though - I have been lightening my pressure overall and getting the forces on the top and bottom of the grip , as low as possible.  I am building trust at this point.

• Thanks 1

On 4/14/2022 at 10:20 AM, TheMagicStinger said:

I've been a loyal subscriber to the df2.1 and considering switching to the mezz.  What's the feel like between the two?

For those of us no where near a place to demo it really sucks to gamble on such a item that's highly dependent on customization. 

Here's my take.

If you see earlier in the thread, I had some comments about the shape and visual aspects of going between my Mezz.1 and my Directed Force.

For me, it's been 5 months now since I have been bagging and rolling the Mezz.1 and I have decided to switch back the Directed Force back into the gaming bag. There are several reasons to go back:

1. The most important one is I do heel and toe putting. The shape of the Directed Force with less mass on the toe & heel makes this style of putting much easier to control. Mezz.1 has most of its mass there - not good when I want less mass and energy when I engage this style of putting. For those who just jumped onto this post, look back on Page 1 or 2 and you can see the difference in head shape and mass when the ball is aligned to the heel or toe.

2. I loved the compactness of the Mezz.1 . However, last couple of months, I got the feeling that it was a tad too small. This is personal to me, not a statement on the Mezz.1. Perhaps the Mezz.1 XL size would be better visual fit.

3. Alignment lines. Big difference as my Directed Force has the line along it's top of the face and a simple line in the middle. This combination makes it super, super easy to see if I square to my target line or not. I also love the way these lines set up so well when I toe and heel putt. For now, the Mezz.1 lines are more subtle and perhaps later on LABGolf will offer more options on the alignement lines.... (they already offer a dot).

4. Mezz.1 is designed to be a high moi forgiving center putter with mass on the toe and heel to do this. Directed Force is very different in design, mass in the middle and relies more on the lie angle of balance to maintain the face to be forgiving. That's my take on it.

I just prefer the FEEL & stability of more mass behind the ball and less mass when I toe and heel putt. My back swing feels more stable with the additional mass.

5. I didn't think too much about it initially but I started to feel that I really do prefer the "deadness" of my heavier BGT Tour Stability shaft (the OG). While the ACCRA has lighter and more smoother in feel, its the complete opposite to the BGT. I just putt better longer distance with the BGT. Again, this is just feel preference.

For now, I am benching my Mezz.1 & switching back to my BGT Directed Force

Don't get me wrong, the Mezz.1 is a great putter but it is the POLAR opposite to the Directed Force. I still believe Mezz.1 makes a great first step for someone NEW to Lie Angle Balance putters and wants something more conventional looking.

The Directed Force just FEELS more comfortable. It feels perfect for EXACTLY what I need a putter to do with my putting style & strategy. For now, I am back to DF. Mezz is benched for now & may come back in a couple of months...who knows. Anyway, perhaps, its good to rotate between 2 Lie Angle Balance putters, same technology just different application of it...

😍 LABGolf & Bill Presse IV

Edited by SwingBlues
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Driver: Taylormade Stealth 2+ 9*, Proxima 5X 

Fairways: Callaway - Rogue ST LS 13.5* & Fujikura Red TR 5S // Callaway Diablo Edge Tour 15* & Miyazaki C Kua 43S

Hybrid:   Cobra Speedzone 3 hybrid 19*

Irons:       Ping i530 5-PW AWT 2.0 matte black shafts, JumboMax STR8 Ultralite grips
Wedges: Cleveland CBX2 48, Ben Hogan Equalizer 52*, Cleveland Full Face 56*, KBS TGI 100 shafts
Putter:     LAB Golf Mezz.1 ACCRA shaft / Directed Force Reno "2.05 Presse IV tweaked" Putter with OG BGT Stability shaft
Srixon XV 5/6 or Vice Pro Plus. JumboMax STR8 Ultralite grips

Moe Norman/Graves Single Plane Swing

18 hours ago, SwingBlues said:

The Directed Force just FEELS more comfortable. It feels perfect for EXACTLY what I need a putter to do with my putting style & strategy. For now, I am back to DF. Mezz is benched for now & may come back in a couple of months...who knows. Anyway, perhaps, its good to rotate between 2 Lie Angle Balance putters, same technology just different application of it...

😍 LABGolf & Bill Presse IV

Right now I am rotating the MEZZ and DF - I am getting super frustrated, but know I need to give it more time.  What is happening to me is that I am rolling the ball within 1" left or right, lipping, leaving it just short and curling the ball around the hole and having it finish on the back side on or beyond my line.  I made 2 putts today and missed 6 birdie putts that were right there - we are talking inside 10'.

If I could ever have a day where I make some putts it would be cool - right now I am deadly accurate for just missing and it sucks.  I have the Accra shaft in the MEZZ and love that feel, and I have BGT Tour in the DF. Different but similar feels.  The journey continues 🙂 

1 hour ago, ajlacombe said:

Right now I am rotating the MEZZ and DF - I am getting super frustrated, but know I need to give it more time.  What is happening to me is that I am rolling the ball within 1" left or right, lipping, leaving it just short and curling the ball around the hole and having it finish on the back side on or beyond my line.  I made 2 putts today and missed 6 birdie putts that were right there - we are talking inside 10'.

If I could ever have a day where I make some putts it would be cool - right now I am deadly accurate for just missing and it sucks.  I have the Accra shaft in the MEZZ and love that feel, and I have BGT Tour in the DF. Different but similar feels.  The journey continues 🙂 

I cannot rotate so I have to stay with one putter for a while - 2 reasons, weight and visual.

Visually, if I jump between 2, my eyes (may be, mind) sees the DF really weird, like the ends of the putter are concave. Something to do with the flatness of the DF versus the strong angular Mezz looks. I know, weird. I noticed this from Day 1, just taking pictures on the greens for the review and now & then rolling putts with both putters. I do not like this feeling & I know its me.

Weight is very different. I think your previous posts about the twitchability of the Mezz is one of the reasons I prefer the heavier DF for a more stable backswing.

Did you order your Mezz similar swing weight to your DF? Or had the Mezz made heavier?

Edited by SwingBlues

Fairways: Callaway - Rogue ST LS 13.5* & Fujikura Red TR 5S // Callaway Diablo Edge Tour 15* & Miyazaki C Kua 43S

Irons:       Ping i530 5-PW AWT 2.0 matte black shafts, JumboMax STR8 Ultralite grips
Wedges: Cleveland CBX2 48, Ben Hogan Equalizer 52*, Cleveland Full Face 56*, KBS TGI 100 shafts
Putter:     LAB Golf Mezz.1 ACCRA shaft / Directed Force Reno "2.05 Presse IV tweaked" Putter with OG BGT Stability shaft

3 minutes ago, SwingBlues said:

I cannot rotate so I have to stay with one putter for a while - 2 reasons, weight and visual.

Visually, if I jump between 2, my eyes (may be, mind) sees the DF really weird, like the ends of the putter are concave. Something to do with the flatness of the DF versus the strong angular Mezz looks. I know, weird. I noticed this from Day 1, just taking pictures on the greens for the review and now & then rolling putts with both putters. I do not like this feeling & I know its me.

Weight is very different. I think your previous posts about the twitchability of the Mezz is one of the reasons I prefer the heavier DF for a more stable backswing.

Did you order your Mezz similar swing weight to your DF? Or had the Mezz made heavier?

I ordered them both as stock weight - I think the DF is heavier, but the DF for sure has a higher MOI so it is more confidence inspiring - at least for me.  The MEZZ "feels" heavier with a quick swing test.  I think the shaft is part of it but the branding iron is so huge and well balanced.

I have an artificial green and putt with both of them often - that may be a mistake that I should stop,  My frustration is that I am soooo close but make very few putts on the course.  On my green I nail a lot of putts, but I think I am still struggling with green reading without the torque.  In other words, dialing out my old compensations.

I have one of the Augusta DFs on the way - should be here Wednesday - it has 3 sightlines versus my current DFs 1 long sightline.  I think I need to just stick with one of them and only change on a monthly basis or something like that, but who knows.  I think it is a commitment issue on my part

Another difference is the Press 1.L grip on the DF versus the Press 2 1.5 on the MEZZ

21 minutes ago, ajlacombe said:

I ordered them both as stock weight - I think the DF is heavier, but the DF for sure has a higher MOI so it is more confidence inspiring - at least for me.  The MEZZ "feels" heavier with a quick swing test.  I think the shaft is part of it but the branding iron is so huge and well balanced.

I have an artificial green and putt with both of them often - that may be a mistake that I should stop,  My frustration is that I am soooo close but make very few putts on the course.  On my green I nail a lot of putts, but I think I am still struggling with green reading without the torque.  In other words, dialing out my old compensations.

I have one of the Augusta DFs on the way - should be here Wednesday - it has 3 sightlines versus my current DFs 1 long sightline.  I think I need to just stick with one of them and only change on a monthly basis or something like that, but who knows.  I think it is a commitment issue on my part

Another difference is the Press 1.L grip on the DF versus the Press 2 1.5 on the MEZZ

Post some pics of the Augusta please when you get it. Very, very pretty & real nice surprise from LABGolf.

Well, whichever you decide to keep gaming, its still Lie Angle Balance. I remember when I got my DF, it took me a good 3 months to get use to it. I actually changed my putting grip to a Claw/Pencil grip and choked right down because of the DF. I had to readjust my grip pressure as well. My prior grip was the regular putter grip.

I totally love my OG Presse 1.0 grip. The shape is perfect, just the weight it too heavy for the Mezz and angle. If LAB ever made one for the Mezz, I will be all over that to replace the Presse 2 grip in my Mezz. I want to also say that the quality of the OG Presse grip is OUTSTANDING, it's been 5+ years of owner of my DF and the grip has not degraded, or worn out from use.

Also, with COVID golf, I never took putting seriously. I was putting more with my wedge than pulling the putter out of the bag. However, with the rules lifted, I then found the way I set my eyes was very LAZY & not correct. This caused me to not aim right with 2 way miss. Bill kinda set me straight with positioning my head correctly over the head and my aim is back.

You may to pull out the cell phone camera and check your head position for feedback, jus sayin'

Edited by SwingBlues

7 minutes ago, SwingBlues said:

Post some pics of the Augusta please when you get it. Very, very pretty & real nice surprise from LABGolf.

Well, whichever you decide to keep gaming, its still Lie Angle Balance. I remember when I got my DF, it took me a good 3 months to get use to it. I actually changed my putting grip to a Claw/Pencil grip and choked right down because of the DF. I had to readjust my grip pressure as well. My prior grip was the regular putter grip.

I totally love my OG Presse 1.0 grip. The shape is perfect, just the weight it too heavy for the Mezz and angle. If LAB ever made one for the Mezz, I will be all over that to replace the Presse 2 grip in my Mezz. I want to also say that the quality of the OG Presse grip is OUTSTANDING, it's been 5+ years of owner of my DF and the grip has not degraded, or worn out from use.

Also, with COVID golf, I never took putting seriously. I was putting more with my wedge than pulling the putter out of the bag. However, with the rules lifted, I then found the way I set my eyes was very LAZY & not correct. This caused me to not aim right with 2 way miss. Bill kinda set me straight with positioning my head correctly over the head and my aim is back.

You may to pull out the cell phone camera and check your head position for feedback, jus sayin'

Will do with the Augusta - it was too cool looking to pass up and I wanted to try the 3 sightlines.

I have another DF with the rubber OG grip - for me I like it but it is too small - and that is kind of what is up with the MEZZ grip.  I putt left hand low and park my thumbs on the top of the grip side by side and the 1.L is perfect for that.  I have been messing with the head position to the ball and no doubt there is an issue there - good suggestion.

I know I need to patient, but being so close is frustrating as hell.  I shot 77 today and had 6 birdie putts that I was super close or lipped, but ultimately missed.

• Like 1

When I made the switch to the Mezz I put the 2.1 away.  For me it’s the feel between the 2 and why I made myself pick one.  It took a while to get used to the feel of the Mezz vs the 2.1 but also my EXO 7S.  The other main issue is my ball position also changes between the Mezz and 2.1 for me and that could be the eye position/eye line that SwingBlues is talking about.  I think we are talking the same thing but just with different terminology. 

Now the Mezz is pretty automatic and on Sat I shot my best round ever (65) and left 2 birdies in the heart of the hole but just 1 rotation short.  Now both of those putts were sever downhill sliders so I was very happy that I read the break and speed correctly.  I’ve also learned to put the ball out on the toe a little bit for very quick downhill putts.  Allows me to make a proper stroke and not feel nervous and possibly have that twitch or yip on the stroke.  

in the beginning I had stated to not put it out on the toe and just make a solid stroke.  Then I played a couple PGA courses with speeds running at 13-14 and much faster than that on downhillers.  I switched my tactics after that and running a few very small stokes 10-15 feet past the hole.  😂

Edited by My2Dogs
  • Like 2

Callaway Paradym Smoke AI Triple Diamond 9* Proxima 6X

PXG Black Ops Tour-1 9* Ventus Blue Plus 6X

TM Stealth2 Plus 3 wood 15*- Ventus TR Blue 7X
Callaway Rogue “T” Triple Diamond 19* 5 wood- Ventus TR Blue 8X
4-PW PXG Gen5 Darkness 0311T MMT 105TX 2* flat
PXG Sugar Daddy 2  50* Axiom 125X
PXG Sugar Daddy 2  54* Axiom 125X
PXG Sugar Daddy 2  58* Axiom 125X
LAB Mezz Max-heavy version, 35” with Stability Tour Fire shaft. Press II 3.0 grip
PXG Hybrid stand bag