MEMBER REVIEWS: L.A.B. Golf MEZZ.1 Putter (Early Access) Member Testing! See What Members Are Saying!

GolfWRX_Official

1 hour ago, PT1911 said:

Here is a thought on the "less break" theory. Maybe, when you read putts with your putters in the past, you don't hit them on the line you have visually picked? After repetition, you brain has you trained to play a different line because that's how much you tend to miss off line?

For me, the best part about the DF 2.1 and the Mezz is, if I pick a spot I almost ALWAYS hit that spot with these putters. THAT has given me TONS of confidence with my putting. Especially 10 feet and in.

With your handle I was almost going to ask if you were my buddy whose name is Pete and works at a 911 center.  We both just got back from AZ a week ago but I know the 1911 is a Colt Pistol reference.  

• Like 1

Callaway Paradym Smoke AI Triple Diamond 9* Proxima 6X

PXG Black Ops Tour-1 9* Ventus Blue Plus 6X

TM Stealth2 Plus 3 wood 15*- Ventus TR Blue 7X
Callaway Rogue “T” Triple Diamond 19* 5 wood- Ventus TR Blue 8X
4-PW PXG Gen5 Darkness 0311T MMT 105TX 2* flat
PXG Sugar Daddy 2  50* Axiom 125X
PXG Sugar Daddy 2  54* Axiom 125X
PXG Sugar Daddy 2  58* Axiom 125X
LAB Mezz Max-heavy version, 35” with Stability Tour Fire shaft. Press II 3.0 grip
PXG Hybrid stand bag

2 hours ago, PT1911 said:

Here is a thought on the "less break" theory. Maybe, when you read putts with your putters in the past, you don't hit them on the line you have visually picked? After repetition, you brain has you trained to play a different line because that's how much you tend to miss off line?

For me, the best part about the DF 2.1 and the Mezz is, if I pick a spot I almost ALWAYS hit that spot with these putters. THAT has given me TONS of confidence with my putting. Especially 10 feet and in.

Curious. What would make one aim or hit the picked line better on this putter vs any other?

49 minutes ago, rlb4 said:

Curious. What would make one aim or hit the picked line better on this putter vs any other?

Lack of torque and coming through on line and in line.

I’ve had putters, many many many putters, and depending on the makeup of the putter, toe hang, etc., they can all putt in different spots on the same intended target.

Have you ever tried a putter in a store and always missed to one side or the other? Coming through the ball slightly open or closed is very common.

Edited by PT1911
  • Thanks 1

PXG Black Ops Swing Balance Yellow
Ping G430 LST 3w Ventus Red 8X

Ping G430 Max 7w Ventus Red 8X

PXG 0317T 4-P, SteelFiber PR

Ping i159 50*, 54*, 58*

L.A.B. DF2.1 Stability Tour

1 hour ago, My2Dogs said:

With your handle I was almost going to ask if you were my buddy whose name is Pete and works at a 911 center.  We both just got back from AZ a week ago but I know the 1911 is a Colt Pistol reference.  

Ha! Yep, not Pete! Lol

And yes, 1911 pistol reference.

Ping i159 50*, 54*, 58*

2 hours ago, rlb4 said:

Yeah - have you ever had people read a putt and they say it is a certain number of cups outside?  I despise this reference because they NEVER really start the ball there and you have no clue what they are doing with path and face angle - and the resultant spin imparted to the ball. My response to them is always "Yeah that looks good" 🙂 

With regular putters we are never doing what we think.  The LAB Gold putters are really different.  I messed around more tonight on my green - it has all sorts of putts and I know the green very well.  I can really see that with the Lab Golf putters there is a veil of the unknown is removed from the stroke and I think my brain is thanking me for removing the circus mirror view I had before with a regular torque putter.

I will predict at some point the other companies will catch on and Scotty Xerox will go from copying Karsten Solheim putter designs and copying LG designs and of course claiming he "invented" a revolutionary new putter design, while those that know the truth chuckle and say 'bout time 🙂 

• Thanks 1

PXG Gen 5 0311 9º, Kai'li Blue, Titleist TSr3, 9º, Ventus Blue

Titleist TSr2, 15º fw, GD Tour AD IZ

Titleist TSr2, 20º fw, GD Tour AD IZ

Titleist TSi2, 21º Hy, GD Tour AD IZ

Titleist TSi2, 24º Hy, GD Tour AD IZ

Titleist T150 6-48º Tensei AV Blue AM2

Vokey SM9 54º, 60º, Tensei AV Blue AM2

L.A.B. Golf DF3, MEZZ.1 Max reg & Broom,  MEZZ.1, DF 2.1 Reg & Broom

No room to list Bench Warmers 🙂

Sorry this took a couple weeks as I was tired and had to catch up with work after being gone for over a week.

I don’t have specific data to prove it but just knowing my swing and the courses we played.  

3 weeks ago I took off to AZ to play golf and meet up with some old friends I hadn’t seen in years.  My other buddy also wanted to go but couldn’t fly in the same day as us and had to leave early but we still managed to get in some killer courses while out in the Phoenix area.

we got to play TPC Scottsdale the Stadium Course 2 weeks after the Waste Management Open, also played Dove Mountain down near Tucson where they used to hold the WGC Match Play before it was moved to Austin, Talking Stick, Verrado Victory Course and WigWam Gold Course.  I played from the tips at every course.  Figured If I’m out there I might as put myself through as much punishment as I could.

the caddie told us at TPC the greens were running at around 13.  During the tournament they were around 14 bordering on 15 the last day.  So still really quick.  Only 3 putted once and that was all my fault as I was afraid of the speed early in the round.  Had some tremendous par saves of 15-20 feet and a couple of birdies.  Mezz was so easy to control.  I think the quicker the greens the better the Mezz performed.  Hit every line I wanted and if I missed it was my fault for picking the wrong line.

at Dove Mountain they had a PAC 12 tournament right behind us (I mean we were the last group before the tourney).  First these kids are so good as we watched them hit up all day long.  These greens were the fastest and had the most break I’ve ever seen.  No wonder the PGA moved the WGC as it was ridiculous on how the course is set up but that’s for another day.  Mezz helped me with speed and again rolling true to the line.  

talking Stick and Victory seemed pretty easy compared to the other 2 and by the last day (WigWam Gold) I was not afraid of the come back and was making committed strokes at the hole and not tentative strikes.  

I’ve played twice since being home and one course was quick and had a ton of movement and again made some great par and birdie putts.  Before the Mezz I was paying the DF 2.1 and EXO 7.  I would always teeter back and forth as I loved the 2.1 but man it was so large and at times I had difficulties with speed control on really long putts.  I’ve got speed down with the Mezz and it’s now at the point I really do just point and shoot.  

I’ve got a black Stability Shaft on the 2.1 and switched to a white Tour Stability shaft on the Mezz.  No distraction as I know someone asked that earlier in the thread.  

for me there is no better compliment on how good the Mezz is for me to play all the courses in a week and putting being the least of my worries.

bTw- only 3 putted twice.  Once at TPC and once at Dove.  Both my faults but nothing the rest of the week.

Edited by My2Dogs
Spelling errors
  • Like 2

LAB Mezz Max-heavy version, 35” with Stability Tour Fire shaft. Press II 3.0 grip
PXG Hybrid stand bag

4 hours ago, PT1911 said:

Lack of torque and coming through on line and in line.

I’ve had putters, many many many putters, and depending on the makeup of the putter, toe hang, etc., they can all putt in different spots on the same intended target.

Have you ever tried a putter in a store and always missed to one side or the other? Coming through the ball slightly open or closed is very common.

3 hours ago, ajlacombe said:

Yeah - have you ever had people read a putt and they say it is a certain number of cups outside?  I despise this reference because they NEVER really start the ball there and you have no clue what they are doing with path and face angle - and the resultant spin imparted to the ball. My response to them is always "Yeah that looks good" 🙂 

With regular putters we are never doing what we think.  The LAB Gold putters are really different.  I messed around more tonight on my green - it has all sorts of putts and I know the green very well.  I can really see that with the Lab Golf putters there is a veil of the unknown is removed from the stroke and I think my brain is thanking me for removing the circus mirror view I had before with a regular torque putter.

I will predict at some point the other companies will catch on and Scotty Xerox will go from copying Karsten Solheim putter designs and copying LG designs and of course claiming he "invented" a revolutionary new putter design, while those that know the truth chuckle and say 'bout time 🙂 

Thanks. I understand what you mean about other putters opening and closing. That's one of the things I like about torque balanced putters. I've tried the Axis 1 and LAB 2.1 and love the feel of the flow. The face just wants to stay square. I also have aiming issues. I also really like Edel putters as they are torque balanced and aiming is at the core of their fitting. I've not been able to try an Edel putter yet. Any comparisons? I was thinking of getting an Edel fitting to get my alignment data and apply it to the Mezz1. Definitely would like to try both to see how the compare and roll.

9 hours ago, rlb4 said:

Thanks. I understand what you mean about other putters opening and closing. That's one of the things I like about torque balanced putters. I've tried the Axis 1 and LAB 2.1 and love the feel of the flow. The face just wants to stay square. I also have aiming issues. I also really like Edel putters as they are torque balanced and aiming is at the core of their fitting. I've not been able to try an Edel putter yet. Any comparisons? I was thinking of getting an Edel fitting to get my alignment data and apply it to the Mezz1. Definitely would like to try both to see how the compare and roll.

Sorry, I can't help you on the Edel. I had interest in them a few years ago, but just never got fit and just kind of forgot about them.

I got lucky in trying the LAB. One of the 2nd Swing stores in the twin cities in MN had damn near every length and lie DF 2.1 option on the rack, so I just tried a bunch until I found one that felt like it was the most comfortable for lie and length.

Bought the DF 2.1 last year and used it all season and putted the best I ever had, hands down. When Mezz came out I figured I HAD to have one if I could get the stability plus being about less than half the size of the DF! 🙂 

Ping i159 50*, 54*, 58*

17 hours ago, rlb4 said:

I was recently fit for an Edel. I purchased one along side buying a Mezz. Why did I buy both? (1) This is GolfWRX not /r/buyitforlife and (2) I knew that going hard in putters this year would ensure that I would spend more time on the greens than I normally do.

The “revealer” would suggest that the Edels will not act the same as a LAB, but it is arguably less “bad” than traditional putters. It is hard to discern in hand, but the stroke doesn’t seem the same. That is neither a point for or against the Edel putters. It just is. Otherwise, the LAB feels softer to me and can border on being a bit tinny off the face. The Edel feels firmer to me.

What I appreciate about Edel is that the fit is about much more than just getting the length and lie angle right. Head shape, alignment, weight, counterbalance. The [more] comprehensive nature of the fit helps instill some incremental confidence. If we are being honest, that confidence is probably not terribly inconsequential.

What will I end up gaming? I don’t know, but I’m waiting on the Edel so I guess that gives the Mezz the leg up for now.

Edit: My Edel specs are 2* upright from my Mezz specs. It does make sense to me that a center shafted putter should be flatter, but YMMV.

Edited by IC3BURGH
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, IC3BURGH said:

I was recently fit for an Edel. I purchased one along side buying a Mezz. Why did I buy both? (1) This is GolfWRX not /r/buyitforlife and (2) I knew that going hard in putters this year would ensure that I would spend more time on the greens than I normally do.

The “revealer” would suggest that the Edels will not act the same as a LAB, but it is arguably less “bad” than traditional putters. It is hard to discern in hand, but the stroke doesn’t seem the same. That is neither a point for or against the Edel putters. It just is. Otherwise, the LAB feels softer to me and can border on being a bit tinny off the face. The Edel feels firmer to me.

What I appreciate about Edel is that the fit is about much more than just getting the length and lie angle right. Head shape, alignment, weight, counterbalance. The [more] comprehensive nature of the fit helps instill some incremental confidence. If we are being honest, that confidence is probably not terribly inconsequential.

What will I end up gaming? I don’t know, but I’m waiting on the Edel so I guess that gives the Mezz the leg up for now.

Edit: My Edel specs are 2* upright from my Mezz specs. It does make sense to me that a center shafted putter should be flatter, but YMMV.

Thanks. Interested in how the Mezz compares with aiming and distance control vs the Edel since those are primary fitting principals of Edel. Also, feel and stability on off center hits. I've read some complaints that the Edel felt less stable on mishits and toe hits especially since a lot of weight is removed from there to achieve the toe up balance.  Most seem to feel that the Mezz is pretty stable on off center hits. Definitely would love to hear an update once you get a chance to roll both.

I had another round last night with the MEZZ.  Best putt was a scuffed putt from 33 feet - uphill sidehiller right in the heart for birdie.  I made another long one and had a bunch right at the hole with a few lips.  The green reading is coming along. It is funny when your playing partners comment on how accurate your putting is. My putting is improving as I just let the putting happen rather than stress out over reads. My green knowledge is with compensations so I am working on just putting what I see rather than what I "know" from past experience.  When you put a quality roll on the ball, it stays on line better and seems to have less break - I think the end of putt tail is far less when the ball still has some pace on it.

I'm 6 rounds in with my Mezz. Continues to be great for starting putts on-line. I haven't made a ton, lots of lip outs etc. which has been a bit annoying - however, thats due to me, not the putter! 

One negative continues to be the sound for me. I had hoped that LAB had fixed the "sound issue" (for me) of the DF 2.1 but it's still a pretty high-noted "tiiiingg" versus the thud you get off a Scotty or Betti. Really wish that they can nail this at some point in the future. 

I'll stick with it for now - at some point the putts will start dropping I hope! 

10 hours ago, m_w said:

I'm 6 rounds in with my Mezz. Continues to be great for starting putts on-line. I haven't made a ton, lots of lip outs etc. which has been a bit annoying - however, thats due to me, not the putter! 

One negative continues to be the sound for me. I had hoped that LAB had fixed the "sound issue" (for me) of the DF 2.1 but it's still a pretty high-noted "tiiiingg" versus the thud you get off a Scotty or Betti. Really wish that they can nail this at some point in the future. 

I'll stick with it for now - at some point the putts will start dropping I hope! 

Disclaimer first - I am a mechanical engineer that has dealt with Noise and Vibration consulting for many years.

I have a DF 2.1 with Stability Tour shaft and a MEZZ.1 with the Accra shaft. I hear nothing remotely close to a ting, let alone a high-pitched ting.  Are you talking like a sound from a PING A1? My first questions would be:

1. What kind of shaft do you have?
  2. What ball are you using?
  3. Does it happen all the time?

I think both putters sound different based on the strike location, but in my book nothing is objectionable in any sound either produce (absolutely not saying that any sound could be objectionable to someone).  I also have quite a few Scotty Xerox putters  🙂  I wonder if it is the graphite shaft damping (yes damping - dampening like Scotty says means to make wet) the sound.

Several people have noted the sound, and I have to ask about the setups since I hear nothing close to a ting in my book 🙂

1 hour ago, ajlacombe said:

Disclaimer first - I am a mechanical engineer that has dealt with Noise and Vibration consulting for many years.

I have a DF 2.1 with Stability Tour shaft and a MEZZ.1 with the Accra shaft. I hear nothing remotely close to a ting, let alone a high-pitched ting.  Are you talking like a sound from a PING A1? My first questions would be:

1. What kind of shaft do you have?
  2. What ball are you using?
  3. Does it happen all the time?

I think both putters sound different based on the strike location, but in my book nothing is objectionable in any sound either produce (absolutely not saying that any sound could be objectionable to someone).  I also have quite a few Scotty Xerox putters  🙂  I wonder if it is the graphite shaft damping (yes damping - dampening like Scotty says means to make wet) the sound.

Several people have noted the sound, and I have to ask about the setups since I hear nothing close to a ting in my book 🙂

Mezz 1 with The Accra shaft. I use a Callaway Chrome Soft X and Maxfli Tour X. It happens all the time. 

13 minutes ago, m_w said:

Mezz 1 with The Accra shaft. I use a Callaway Chrome Soft X and Maxfli Tour X. It happens all the time. 

So same setup as mine - very interesting because in order to have a high pitched sound you need something light to "ring" - i.e. a hammer can not ring because it is heavy.  It's not the ball so IMO it would have to be something loose in that head.  On the DF 2.1, I am not sure what would ring either.

Have others heard high pitched sounds from your MEZZ or DF 2.1?  LAB Golf - any comments here?

I hate watching my putting stroke - because I see issues with cutting across the line 🙂  Here is a video of strikes with a Cameron Select Fastback, DF 2.1 and then the MEZZ - they all are pretty close sounding to my ear.  I had to drop the quality to 720p to make the video small enough.  The ball is a Pro V1x

Edited by ajlacombe
  • Like 2

35 minutes ago, ajlacombe said:

I hate watching my putting stroke - because I see issues with cutting across the line 🙂  Here is a video of strikes with a Cameron Select Fastback, DF 2.1 and then the MEZZ - they all are pretty close sounding to my ear.  I had to drop the quality to 720p to make the video small enough.  The ball is a Pro V1x

Betti Innovai 8.0

IMG_6732.MOV

Mezz

IMG_6733.MOV

that sounds pretty different to me

Edited by m_w
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, m_w said:

Betti Innovai 8.0

IMG_6732.MOV 6.17 MB · 3 downloads

Mezz

IMG_6733.MOV 5.27 MB · 4 downloads

Holy Crap - totally different sound.  There has to be a fundamental difference between our putters in the connection of the center metal block (that receives the shaft) and the putter.  Definite "ting" on that strike.  I have never heard my MEZZ produce a sound like that.  Thanks for the vids

10 minutes ago, ajlacombe said:

Holy Crap - totally different sound.  There has to be a fundamental difference between our putters in the connection of the center metal block (that receives the shaft) and the putter.  Definite "ting" on that strike.  I have never heard my MEZZ produce a sound like that.  Thanks for the vids

@labgolf should I be concerned? 

18 minutes ago, m_w said:

@labgolf should I be concerned? 

Sound is subjective so unless you have them side by side they could be the same and each person had a different perspective of how it sounds.

Mine sounds pretty close and it does sound higher pitched than my 2.1 but I just chalked it up to how large the 2.1 is.  The Mezz def has a different sound than my EXO 7 but I’ve gotten used to it and don’t even notice.  your video seems pretty close to the way my Mezz sounds to me.  Also could be the weighting as I know it seems each of the testers had similar but still different weight set ups based on the videos we sent in to get fit. 

Edited by My2Dogs

PXG Hybrid stand bag

4 minutes ago, My2Dogs said:

Sound is subjective so unless you have them side by side they could be the same and each person had a different perspective of how it sounds.  

Did you listen to the two videos? I understand that microphones will pick it up slightly different as well and so on, but the difference seems pretty large.

• Like 1

Just now, m_w said:

Did you listen to the two videos? I understand that microphones will pick it up slightly different as well and so on, but the difference seems pretty large.

I hit the button too quickly before I finished typing.  I’ve corrected since. 

PXG Hybrid stand bag

When I first got mine I thought it had a slight ping to it if I hit it in the center. After a few weeks I don't even know if it does or not as I've gotten used to it.

The mental part of it is still my struggle. I've found that if I am practicing, I normally have good speed on the first and mostly second putts, but if I putt a third ball I will often think about it and leave it way short or way long. I will also start thinking about my stroke direction if I stay on the putting green too long and things will get weird there too. I haven't played with it yet, but I am hoping to get out this week so we'll see how it does.

Driver: TSi3 8* Tour Green 75 TX

4 wood: Callaway Apex UW 17* Hzrdus Smoke 6.5
Irons: 4-PW 716 AP2 X100
Wedges: Mizuno T22 Copper 51, 56, 61 TI S400
Putter: Odyssey Jailbird 380 MH

11 minutes ago, Sankacoffee said:

When I first got mine I thought it had a slight ping to it if I hit it in the center. After a few weeks I don't even know if it does or not as I've gotten used to it.

The mental part of it is still my struggle. I've found that if I am practicing, I normally have good speed on the first and mostly second putts, but if I putt a third ball I will often think about it and leave it way short or way long. I will also start thinking about my stroke direction if I stay on the putting green too long and things will get weird there too. I haven't played with it yet, but I am hoping to get out this week so we'll see how it does.

I've been leaving mine short a bunch in simulator practice rounds. i'm attributing it to lack of a true hole visualization but I feel it may be because of the much lighter grip pressure required. Will definitely be interesting on real greens.

Driver - Callaway Rogue ST Max LS 8° w/ Fujikura Ventus Blue 6X

3 Wood - Ping G425 14.5° w/ Fujikura Ventus Black 7X

Hybrid - Ping G425 17° w/ Accra TZ SIX 85H M5

Hybrid - Ping G430 20.5° w/ Accra TZ6 Proto 85H M5

5 Iron - Mizuno JPX 923 Hot Metal Pro w/ Nippon Modus 120S

6-GW - Mizuno JPX 923 Forged w/ Nippon Modus 120S

Sand Wedge - Callaway JAWS Full Toe Raw Black 53° w/ Nippon Modus 125

Lob Wedge - Callaway JAWS Full Toe Raw Black 58° w/ BGT ZNE 130

Putter - Odyssey Ai-One Double Wide DB 32.5" w/ Garsen Max Grip

Ball - Callaway Chrome Tour Triple Track

On 3/19/2022 at 10:15 AM, m_w said:

Betti Innovai 8.0

IMG_6732.MOV 6.17 MB · 30 downloads

Mezz

IMG_6733.MOV 5.27 MB · 35 downloads

Whoa, yeah that is not at all what my Mezz or DF sound like. I have the Proto...

Edited by jml4

So I got only my 3rd round in with the MEZZ over the weekend.  This putter has given me the utmost confidence that I can make anything on the green.  The # of 1-putts, both scrambling & birds, were amazing .... 26 putts for me has to be one of the best ever!  And center cut too.  Distance control on long putts were spot on.  Not one 3-putt.  Once I got the speed down, it was point & shoot once again.  I have received so many comments about this putter .... "what is that?" ... "let me see that thing" .... "you put such a smooth roll with that putter" ... "great stroke"  I think I've convinced at least two people to go look at them & get them in their bags.  One of the best things I've been happy about with this putter is the grip & the way the shaft is "angled" in, so it keeps my hands ahead.  One of the biggest things wrong with my stroke before this was that I added a lot of loft at impact, so the ball would bounce so much that it would basically be offline immediately after contact.  This design has really helped me with that.  It really puts a great roll on the ball. 

My only concern or issue is putting when the ball is up against the fringe.  I've had a bit of an issue getting the putter to glide thru the grass.  It seems to catch with the leading edge.  I'll work thru it though. 

Thanks again to the WRX for allowing me this opportunity & to LAB Golf for designing an amazing putter.  🙂

• Like 1

Driver: Titleist TSR3 UST Mamiya Prototype  

Fairways: Titleist TS2 13.5* UST Mamiya LIN-Q Blue

Utility: Titleist U500 19* Fujikura Ventus Blue HB

Irons:  T350 4 & 5, T200 6-PW UST Mamiya Recoil Dart F4 105g

Wedges: Vokey SM9 48*, 52*, 56*

Putter: L.A.B. Golf MEZZ.1 Proto 

Ball: ProV1 Left Dot

20 minutes ago, HackinNut said:

So I got only my 3rd round in with the MEZZ over the weekend.  This putter has given me the utmost confidence that I can make anything on the green.  The # of 1-putts, both scrambling & birds, were amazing .... 26 putts for me has to be one of the best ever!  And center cut too.  Distance control on long putts were spot on.  Not one 3-putt.  Once I got the speed down, it was point & shoot once again.  I have received so many comments about this putter .... "what is that?" ... "let me see that thing" .... "you put such a smooth roll with that putter" ... "great stroke"  I think I've convinced at least two people to go look at them & get them in their bags.  One of the best things I've been happy about with this putter is the grip & the way the shaft is "angled" in, so it keeps my hands ahead.  One of the biggest things wrong with my stroke before this was that I added a lot of loft at impact, so the ball would bounce so much that it would basically be offline immediately after contact.  This design has really helped me with that.  It really puts a great roll on the ball. 

My only concern or issue is putting when the ball is up against the fringe.  I've had a bit of an issue getting the putter to glide thru the grass.  It seems to catch with the leading edge.  I'll work thru it though. 

Thanks again to the WRX for allowing me this opportunity & to LAB Golf for designing an amazing putter.  🙂

Haha on the fringe issue - it is not you - it is the design of the back of the putter - it is very sharp and has no rise - so it will snag in that case - no way around it ,but a reasonable tradeoff IMO.

I need to pick your brain on you (and everyone else) for aiming.  My speed control with the MEZZ and DF 2.1 is pretty amazing, but I am losing confidence in aim.  I think I need to train myself to allow for less break than in the past.  I am finding myself second guessing things.  Two situations:

1. I pick my read (say just outside right), then I think, but if it loses speed at the hole (which it rarely does with the better & more true roll of the MEZZ) it will break more.  Then I add that adjustment, and I miss just high.
  2. I pick my read and say, #1 got me, I am not going to play as much break - then I miss it low.  

I believe the miss in the #2 case is because i am tentative and slow the putter through impact, causing a poorer quality of roll, and/or or slight pull.  It may just be gaining confidence to turn off the analytical mind and just putt (with confidence).

Essentially - how are people doing with their green reading with the MEZZ?

2 hours ago, ajlacombe said:

Haha on the fringe issue - it is not you - it is the design of the back of the putter - it is very sharp and has no rise - so it will snag in that case - no way around it ,but a reasonable tradeoff IMO.

I need to pick your brain on you (and everyone else) for aiming.  My speed control with the MEZZ and DF 2.1 is pretty amazing, but I am losing confidence in aim.  I think I need to train myself to allow for less break than in the past.  I am finding myself second guessing things.  Two situations:

1. I pick my read (say just outside right), then I think, but if it loses speed at the hole (which it rarely does with the better & more true roll of the MEZZ) it will break more.  Then I add that adjustment, and I miss just high.
  2. I pick my read and say, #1 got me, I am not going to play as much break - then I miss it low.  

I believe the miss in the #2 case is because i am tentative and slow the putter through impact, causing a poorer quality of roll, and/or or slight pull.  It may just be gaining confidence to turn off the analytical mind and just putt (with confidence).

Essentially - how are people doing with their green reading with the MEZZ?

best way through this is just massive amounts of practice with it, gotta re-train your brain.  I'm finding the ball comes off the face of the mezz hotter then my previous putter so I'm already hitting it firm, just trusting the line I'm seeing and trusting it'll have the pace not to drop off it in the last 25% of the putt