MEMBER REVIEWS: L.A.B. Golf MEZZ.1 Putter (Early Access) Member Testing! See What Members Are Saying!

GolfWRX_Official

6 hours ago, ajlacombe said:

I found out on my status when I traded some emails with the person that helped with my fitting - after someone on this thread was putting doubt in everyone's mind on their grip selection 🙂 

Update for me - my putter shipped today - to arrive next Tuesday - unfortunately it will have to be held until I get back the following weekend - super excited to see what everything is all about with the MEZZ and LABing

Thank you.👍🏻 I hope you enjoy it! 

2 hours ago, SW20 MR2 said:

Ordered mine on Jan 31 and got the shipping notice today, so it just just over 2 weeks.

This bodes well for me, I ordered on 1 Feb.

Both @ajlacombe and you order after @Sankacoffee ( he said he is at three weeks now) and his Mezz shipped today…

Maybe this is due to a difference in specs? Would you mind posting your specs @ajlacombe @Sankacoffee and @SW20 MR2

Edited by Willa

1 minute ago, Willa said:

Both @ajlacombe and you order after @Sankacoffee ( he said he is at three weeks now) and is Mezz has not shipped as yet…

Maybe this is due to a difference in specs? Would you mind posting your specs @ajlacombe @Sankacoffee and @SW20 MR2

Got the shipping notification earlier today actually, but 36", 68* with white Accra shaft. I did change the original specs based on a second fitting 2 days after the order so maybe that added a few days. I'd done a virtual fitting a few months prior and had made some adjustments since then so decided to do a second one after speaking with Liam.

Driver: TSi3 8* Tour Green 75 TX

4 wood: Callaway Apex UW 17* Hzrdus Smoke 6.5
Irons: 4-PW 716 AP2 X100
Wedges: Mizuno T22 Copper 51, 56, 61 TI S400
Putter: Odyssey Jailbird 380 MH

Thank you for posting! Mine is 35”, 71* with the TT shaft (yes I am cheap but the shipping to South Africa is almost the price of a new normal putter) 

I ordered on 1 Feb and sent in my fitting video on the same day and just updated my specs after I received my fitment… so I hope my order runs from 1 Feb and not 4 Feb when the order was updated🤞🏻

18 minutes ago, Willa said:

Both @ajlacombe and you order after @Sankacoffee ( he said he is at three weeks now) and his Mezz shipped today…

My whole order was potentially a bit more involved than some/most.  I had a discussion with LAB about the putter, and the shafts and grips.  Then we did the video fit and bounced some emails back and forth and I finally placed the order.  My specs are 68º lie angle, Press II 1.5 grip and Accra black shaft.  Then I had a discussion about the OG grip, and I released it after I decided to stay with the original grip 🙂  And my reward for dicking around so long was it arriving when I will be out of town 🙂  But I am playing the day after I get back so I can game it with minimal practice.  Putter is 34"

One thing we should all do is report back with our performance with the MEZZ.  Short and long putts and distance control.  I am really looking forward to this journey.

Edited by ajlacombe

PXG Gen 5 0311 9º, Kai'li Blue, Titleist TSr3, 9º, Ventus Blue

Titleist TSr2, 15º fw, GD Tour AD IZ

Titleist TSr2, 20º fw, GD Tour AD IZ

Titleist TSi2, 21º Hy, GD Tour AD IZ

Titleist TSi2, 24º Hy, GD Tour AD IZ

Titleist T150 6-48º Tensei AV Blue AM2

Vokey SM9 54º, 60º, Tensei AV Blue AM2

L.A.B. Golf DF3, MEZZ.1 Max reg & Broom,  MEZZ.1, DF 2.1 Reg & Broom

No room to list Bench Warmers 🙂

On 2/15/2022 at 7:03 AM, driveandputtmachine said:

Played this past weekend, and my full swing was bad, like biblically bad.  Getting only four hours of sleep and being completely hung over is not how you go about having a good round of golf, who knew?

However I still putted pretty well.  A couple of three putts from off the green that do not show on Putts gained statistic, but no way I was chipping those in the state I was in for the first 5 or 6 holes.

So I am still thrilled.

One other thing to point out.  After the round a bunch of guys wanted to try my putter.  One thing I noticed was that they were so worried about their stroke and face angle on the back swing and through swing and had issues.  I never thought about this because I have practice where I am working on start line and the like, and then when I am just letting it flow and hitting for distance.

Once I got a few to stand properly and start it on line then I worked them on just hitting putts.  Stop worrying about your face angles and the like on the course, make your practice putts looking at the hole to get the stroke speed and length feel and then swing the putter through the ball.  Do NOT worry about technical stuff on the course because as I noticed hitting long putts worrying about technical stuff my speed control was horrible.

IMG_1254.PNG

Bingo. I love reading about your discovery process with this. You are noticing ALL the things.

12 hours ago, Willa said:

Mine was a 33", 68*, Accra black, and Press II 1.5*.

Ping G425 Max 9*, Accra TZ6 55 M3
TM Sim 2 Ti 13.5*, Accra TZ6 65 M3
TM Sim 2 Max 18*, Accra TZ6 65 M3
Ping G425 3h, Tensei Orange R
TM P790 5-GW, Modus 105 R
Cleveland CBX 56*, wedge flex

Cleveland CBX Zipcore 60*, wedge flex
LAB Golf Mezz-1

The weather cooperated enough that I could get out for a quick nine this past weekend.  This was my first time on real grass with the Mezz and I was really impressed.

My biggest concern was how it was going to stack up against my DF 2.1.  I love the alignment on my DF (single full line through the head) so I wasn't sure how I'd get along with the smaller line on the Mezz.  It's one thing in the garage on my putting mat but out on a big green with undulation is very different.  I'm happy to report that alignment was super simple.  It went beyond just the alignment line, though, and expanded to the entire head shape that framed up the ball really nicely.  Feel/sound and, more importantly, roll was exactly what I've come to expect from LAB putters leading to really consistent distance control on everything from short, mid-range and longer lag putts.

The greens were longer than usual this past week.  The course hadn't cut and rolled them due to snow/ice recently, so I'll be really interested to see how the Mezz performs on quicker greens once we get into the Spring season.

Temps here are starting to trend up so I should be gettng out finally and ramping up my playing time a bit more.  Really limited run so far but I'm loving the look, feel, and performance of the Mezz.

• Like 1

On 2/16/2022 at 5:57 AM, Willa said:

Thank you! We are getting into the start of the competitive season at my club and province…(league, knockouts and amateur tourneys) and I hope I get the Mezz before it starts (end of Fen and March)…  I at least want to practice with it a bit before playing the comps😉

Received my shipping info today! 👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻 Estimated date of arrival 22Feb. Cant wait!

• Like 2

On 2/17/2022 at 12:37 AM, Willa said:

Received my shipping info today! 👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻 Estimated date of arrival 22Feb. Cant wait!

This gives me hope! I ordered mine on Feb 4th and really can't wait to get it to start rolling before season starts to get used to set up etc.

Driver - Callaway Rogue ST Max LS 8° w/ Fujikura Ventus Blue 6X

3 Wood - Ping G425 14.5° w/ Fujikura Ventus Black 7X

Hybrid - Ping G425 17° w/ Accra TZ SIX 85H M5

Hybrid - Ping G430 20.5° w/ Accra TZ6 Proto 85H M5

5 Iron - Mizuno JPX 923 Hot Metal Pro w/ Nippon Modus 120S

6-GW - Mizuno JPX 923 Forged w/ Nippon Modus 120S

Sand Wedge - Callaway JAWS Full Toe Raw Black 53° w/ Nippon Modus 125

Lob Wedge - Callaway JAWS Full Toe Raw Black 58° w/ BGT ZNE 130

Putter - Odyssey Ai-One Double Wide DB 32.5" w/ Garsen Max Grip

Ball - Callaway Chrome Tour Triple Track

On 2/17/2022 at 12:37 AM, Willa said:

Same arrival for me. Mine shipped 2 days before yours so getting across the US must be tougher for UPS than going overseas these days haha.

9 hours ago, Willa said:

Hahaha… hopefully their estimated is correct!

Just got my confirmation. Should be here the 24th to Canada. Looking forward to it!

Enjoy yours and sink some putts!

As the kid waits for Xmas and the arrival of the MEZZ- how is this for a UPS Tracking note?

On the Way
A train derailment has delayed delivery. We're adjusting plans to deliver your package as quickly as possible.

That is just cruel 🙂  I also have a FedEx freight delivery coming and it went from Salt Lake City to Chicago and then back to Salt Lake and started over - the joys of watching shipments... I am not sure how you do that 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, KhiloD said:

Just got my confirmation. Should be here the 24th to Canada. Looking forward to it!

Enjoy yours and sink some putts!

Hope yours is on time!!!

36 minutes ago, ajlacombe said:

As the kid waits for Xmas and the arrival of the MEZZ- how is this for a UPS Tracking note?

On the Way
A train derailment has delayed delivery. We're adjusting plans to deliver your package as quickly as possible.

That is just cruel 🙂  I also have a FedEx freight delivery coming and it went from Salt Lake City to Chicago and then back to Salt Lake and started over - the joys of watching shipments... I am not sure how you do that 

Bad luck… hopefully there is not much of a delay! 

Mine is currently in Dubai… hopefully there is not much of a hold up at customs… 🙏

2 hours ago, ajlacombe said:

On the Way

If it makes you feel any better, we sent 8 VERY custom putters with first article prototypes heads (meaning I only have 5 total) to Dubai for Adam Scott 4 weeks ago. The package has been to 3 countries now, he never got it and UPS wants to charge us $750 to get it back to the US.

• Sad 3

On the Way

I've got the same notification. It hadn't updated since it left Portland on Wednesday as of last night so I figured something was up.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, labgolf said:

If it makes you feel any better, we sent 8 VERY custom putters with first article prototypes heads (meaning I only have 5 total) to Dubai for Adam Scott 4 weeks ago. The package has been to 3 countries now, he never got it and UPS wants to charge us $750 to get it back to the US.

You guys have to be pumped to see Adam play this weekend.  Looked like he was rolling it beautifully yesterday. 

• Like 1

"We're not here for a long time... we're here for a good time." 

Mizuno JPX 900 Driver w/ Speeder Evo II 661 Stiff
Mizuno JPX 900 3W, 5W w/ Speeder Evo II 661 Stiff
Titleist AP3 4, 5 irons w/ Project X LZ 6.0
Titleist AP2 6 - GW irons w/ Project X LZ 6.0

Callaway Jaws Tour Grey 54S & 58x w/ Project X LZ 6.0O

Odyssey 2-Ball Ten Tour Lined
Shapland Stand Bag 2.3

Clicgear 4.0

On the Way

All the shipping companies have had some horrible issues lately.  I had one from Fed Ex go from Portland Oregon to TN (I live in N. CA) but I thought maybe because of TN being their hub.  Then it went to TX.  I tracked it going from TX back to TN and back to TX 4 times.  Was crazy.  Nearly 3 weeks late because of the weird routing.  

that UPS story from Lab is really crazy that they want to charge the customer $750 to get back a shipment that never got to its destination.  

• Like 1

Callaway Paradym Smoke AI Triple Diamond 9* Proxima 6X

PXG Black Ops Tour-1 9* Ventus Blue Plus 6X

TM Stealth2 Plus 3 wood 15*- Ventus TR Blue 7X
Callaway Rogue “T” Triple Diamond 19* 5 wood- Ventus TR Blue 8X
4-PW PXG Gen5 Darkness 0311T MMT 105TX 2* flat
PXG Sugar Daddy 2  50* Axiom 125X
PXG Sugar Daddy 2  54* Axiom 125X
PXG Sugar Daddy 2  58* Axiom 125X
LAB Mezz Max-heavy version, 35” with Stability Tour Fire shaft. Press II 3.0 grip
PXG Hybrid stand bag

3 hours ago, Willa said:

Hope yours is on time!!!

Bad luck… hopefully there is not much of a delay! 

Mine is currently in Dubai… hopefully there is not much of a hold up at customs… 🙏

UPS immediately said delay and took away the date and has said they will update as soon as they have more information

So not looking likely it will be on time 

7 hours ago, labgolf said:

Hahahah - OMG that is hysterical!  It is amazing what these shipping companies do at times.  That is crazy.  I have no issue with the delay - I will be out of town, but I gave them access information for the delivery on the 22nd - I am just hoping the instructions persist with the package and it is in my garage when I return.

I just wonder how they screw up the shipments with barcodes on them.  Scan and route.  Seems easy enough

• Like 1

9 hours ago, KhiloD said:

UPS immediately said delay and took away the date and has said they will update as soon as they have more information

So not looking likely it will be on time 

Let us hope the delay is not long… one would expect that they provide you with an updated estimated date of delivery🤷‍♂️

I keenly following mine… mine arrived in South Africa and according to the update is currently in a shipping warehouse about 20 miles from my home….

11 hours ago, labgolf said:

This is just ridiculous… did they provide any explanation?

Been away snowboarding for the last 11 days, no practice putting. For me, this is a great test of my putter swing stone COLD.

Played Balboa, walked away with +1 & 2 birdies, courtesy of 2 nice 12 footers. One was a downhill, slight curler and the other a straight up hill putt.

The point is that my Mezz.1 is really easy to aim. For me, the speed control was a no brainer. Like I said, no golf & no putts for 11 days. I had to ramp to speed with a range on Friday for an hour and it was all irons/drivers. I just didn't feel I need to practice putting because I TRUST IT as long as I set my eyes right. Bill Presse IV had a great FB video on how to set the eyes correctly using 3 rulers on a wall to demonstrate and that is BIBLE to me.

No 3 putts either. Muni greens and muni speeds. Definitely robbed of a couple of more birds, thanks to the bumps and rubbish but it is, what it is.

That is how EASY this Mezz is, it does define "point & shoot"

Driver: Taylormade Stealth 2+ 9*, Proxima 5X 

Fairways: Callaway - Rogue ST LS 13.5* & Fujikura Red TR 5S // Callaway Diablo Edge Tour 15* & Miyazaki C Kua 43S

Hybrid:   Cobra Speedzone 3 hybrid 19*

Irons:       Ping i530 5-PW AWT 2.0 matte black shafts, JumboMax STR8 Ultralite grips
Wedges: Cleveland CBX2 48, Ben Hogan Equalizer 52*, Cleveland Full Face 56*, KBS TGI 100 shafts
Putter:     LAB Golf Mezz.1 ACCRA shaft / Directed Force Reno "2.05 Presse IV tweaked" Putter with OG BGT Stability shaft
Srixon XV 5/6 or Vice Pro Plus. JumboMax STR8 Ultralite grips

Moe Norman/Graves Single Plane Swing

15 hours ago, kerila07 said:

Pretty impressive showing for the mezz with Adam Scott this weekend58C3A9F6-ED91-400E-BDF0-0F3CB05B780C.png.7dcacaadbe3a79bd36ee2a850006caa9.png

Wow… 2nd in strokes gained putting! Hopefully this is the end of people saying that Adam struggles with the putter…

Adam is generally a good putter… only beter with the L.A.B. Mez!

• Like 2

This is why I love Arccos.  I now have more than, "Man my putting stunk today."  Now it is I was previously -2.3 strokes gained putting the last three months of 2021.  The rounds since I got my MEZZ have been. +1.8, +1.6, 0.0, and -0.1.   Now this isn't a buy the LAB or you are a moron post, but it has helped me so far.  I have barely hit any putts on our practice green as it hasn't been really warm on any rounds on the weekend, and the limited daylight until the time changes makes it difficult for me to get out.  I feel comfortable on the short putts now and I did not before, but I have had to adjust how I read putts because I was inadvertently read more and less break because of how I knew my stroke had worked for years.   Now I hit the ball on my line and my reading of putts has had to change and I am working on getting better at that. 

It is not point and shoot for everyone, it is point and shoot for some and for others they will need a bit of work.  Like......

1. Practice, and practice on more than your in house putting mat.  Find a setup that starts the ball on line on your mat and then 

2. Practice on a real putting green.  Make sure you are still comfortable on the putting green.

The first time, putting green, then hit balls, then putting green again to make sure your setup is comfortable.  This is a big deal. 

3. DO NOT WORRY ABOUT YOUR STROKE ON THE COURSE.  Too many people I see are watching the head go back and through trying to make sure the face is square and not worrying about making a stroke.  This is why I see a lot of people struggle with distance control, if you aren't swinging the putter properly you won't make good contact and your distance control will suck.  

I have been playing competitive golf since I was in high school, college, and then after college for a few years.  I had a stroke that I ingrained making subtle adjustments to so I could putt well.  Removing all of that overnight is not easy, but work on it and you will get repaid.  It is not a magic bullet because you still have to read the putt properly and not tweak your hands as you used to.

• Driver - Ping G430 Max 10k - Ventus Black 6X | Ping G430 LST 10.5 - Aldila Rogue White 130 MSI TX
  • 3 Wood - Taylormade 300 Mini 13.5 - Ventus Purple X
  • 5 Wood - Ping G430 Max - Ventus Purple X 
  • 7 Wood - Ping G430 Max - Ventus Purple X | 4 iron - Srixon ZX4 MKII - Axiom 105X
  • 5 - PW Ping BluePrint S - Shaft testing
  • SW - Cleveland RTX6 55* - Fuji Tour Spec 115X | LW - Vokey SM9T 60* - Fuji Tour Spec 115X
  • Putters - Odyssey #7 Knuckle Neck Proto | Odyssey Jailbird Versa Microhinge - Odyssey Tank DBOdyssey Jailbird Ai-One