MEMBER REVIEWS: L.A.B. Golf MEZZ.1 Putter (Early Access) Member Testing! See What Members Are Saying!

GolfWRX_Official

the more I practice with my new Mezz the more I like it, I'm draining so many 6-8ft straight/mild breakers it's insane.  I wasn't a bad putter before but this really is taking me to another level.  Setup with the ball a bit more forward in my stance then with a blade putter, ever so slight inside arc backswing then just stay relaxed and focus on swinging straight down the line through the ball and the damn thing comes off perfectly on line.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, N2N2 said:

I really want to order the Mezz.  I might at some point.  Had the 2.1.  I know everyone talks about how big and funky it is.  That said, I had a more difficult time adjusting to the forward press grip. 

The Mezz truly feels and looks like a "normal" putter. The recommended grip is the 1.5 press vs the 3 on the DF 2.1 so at least to me coming from an Evnroll Gravity Grip I didn't find a massive difference with the 1.5. You'll most likely enjoy this one much more. 

• Like 1

Driver - Callaway Rogue ST Max LS 8° w/ Fujikura Ventus Blue 6X

3 Wood - Ping G425 14.5° w/ Fujikura Ventus Black 7X

Hybrid - Ping G425 17° w/ Accra TZ SIX 85H M5

Hybrid - Ping G430 20.5° w/ Accra TZ6 Proto 85H M5

5 Iron - Mizuno JPX 923 Hot Metal Pro w/ Nippon Modus 120S

6-GW - Mizuno JPX 923 Forged w/ Nippon Modus 120S

Sand Wedge - Callaway JAWS Full Toe Raw Black 53° w/ Nippon Modus 125

Lob Wedge - Callaway JAWS Full Toe Raw Black 58° w/ BGT ZNE 130

Putter - Odyssey Ai-One Double Wide DB 32.5" w/ Garsen Max Grip

Ball - Callaway Chrome Tour Triple Track

11 hours ago, Barfolomew said:

So guys how does the Mezz stack up against the DF 2.1? 

The DF was so good the Mezz has got a tough job to match or surpass the DF...

I've tried the DF and loved it, as I use a very flat lie angle closer to 60*

Right from the horses mouth in this thread or one of the other Mezz threads @labgolfstated that everyone from their company that switched to the Mezz did not go back to gaming a DF 2.1. I think that's a testament to how truly good the feel and look is with this thing. 

18 hours ago, KhiloD said:

Right from the horses mouth in this thread or one of the other Mezz threads @labgolfstated that everyone from their company that switched to the Mezz did not go back to gaming a DF 2.1. I think that's a testament to how truly good the feel and look is with this thing. 

Yeah honestly I’ve always gone back to Newports after trying a mallet, but this putter just feels right. I got used to the look very quickly. 

Edited by Sankacoffee
  • Like 1

Driver: TSi3 8* Tour Green 75 TX

4 wood: Callaway Apex UW 17* Hzrdus Smoke 6.5
Irons: 4-PW 716 AP2 X100
Wedges: Mizuno T22 Copper 51, 56, 61 TI S400
Putter: Odyssey Jailbird 380 MH

I had another go with the MEZZ on really bad greens - coming out of winter into spring with no mowing or rolling - still a very informative day.

The journey continues.  I made a 25 foot downhill slider birdie on the second.  Another 20 footer from the fringe on 3.  Then I had a pretty straightforward 12-15 foot birdie putt on 4 - brain malfunctioned and I came up short with the MEZZ laughing saying it was right in the heart - all you had to do was put a confident stroke on it.

The rest of the round saw some nice makes from 3-6 feet - you know the ones they only show makes for on TV 🙂 One was for birdie.  I also had 5-6 more that were from 12-25 feet that were just a tad off but finished within a 6" circle of the hole.

This putter is the real deal. I think you have to be really open to change and learn how to putt again.  Distance control is really easy IMO, the green reading is different.  I have gone back to more feel reading where I only look from the side and then a short look from behind and do not try to be analytical.  Everyone knows they putt best on the putting green when they are not being Jordan Spieth with a  4 minute reading of the putt 🙂 

You can tell when you playing partners comment about the accuracy of your putts.  I am so glad I stumbled on this thread and took the leap - the MEZZ is a keeper.  My grip pressure is WAY down and I think matching my backswing length to follow through (in practice - not thinking of that on the course) prevents the manipulated left putt.

• Like 1

PXG Gen 5 0311 9º, Kai'li Blue, Titleist TSr3, 9º, Ventus Blue

Titleist TSr2, 15º fw, GD Tour AD IZ

Titleist TSr2, 20º fw, GD Tour AD IZ

Titleist TSi2, 21º Hy, GD Tour AD IZ

Titleist TSi2, 24º Hy, GD Tour AD IZ

Titleist T150 6-48º Tensei AV Blue AM2

Vokey SM9 54º, 60º, Tensei AV Blue AM2

L.A.B. Golf DF3, MEZZ.1 Max reg & Broom,  MEZZ.1, DF 2.1 Reg & Broom

No room to list Bench Warmers 🙂

4 hours ago, ajlacombe said:

I had another go with the MEZZ on really bad greens - coming out of winter into spring with no mowing or rolling - still a very informative day.

The journey continues.  I made a 25 foot downhill slider birdie on the second.  Another 20 footer from the fringe on 3.  Then I had a pretty straightforward 12-15 foot birdie putt on 4 - brain malfunctioned and I came up short with the MEZZ laughing saying it was right in the heart - all you had to do was put a confident stroke on it.

The rest of the round saw some nice makes from 3-6 feet - you know the ones they only show makes for on TV 🙂 One was for birdie.  I also had 5-6 more that were from 12-25 feet that were just a tad off but finished within a 6" circle of the hole.

This putter is the real deal. I think you have to be really open to change and learn how to putt again.  Distance control is really easy IMO, the green reading is different.  I have gone back to more feel reading where I only look from the side and then a short look from behind and do not try to be analytical.  Everyone knows they putt best on the putting green when they are not being Jordan Spieth with a  4 minute reading of the putt 🙂 

You can tell when you playing partners comment about the accuracy of your putts.  I am so glad I stumbled on this thread and took the leap - the MEZZ is a keeper.  My grip pressure is WAY down and I think matching my backswing length to follow through (in practice - not thinking of that on the course) prevents the manipulated left putt.

I am still on the fence about which grip I like.  I like the way a 1.5* press feels, but the results have been very good with a 3* press.  With the 3* press I have trouble making my hands comfortable and re-grip quite often with it.  

Now that I have everything else figured out, I may go back to the 1.5 just because it feels more comfortable in my hands.

Another good round putting yesterday with a +1.8.  Yes my iron game was in the trash.

IMG_17FF611039A0-1.jpeg

IMG_570ED5F8E144-1.jpeg

IMG_A45F5BDE93EB-1.jpeg

• Driver - Ping G430 Max 10k - Ventus Black 6X | Ping G430 LST 10.5 - Aldila Rogue White 130 MSI TX
  • 3 Wood - Taylormade 300 Mini 13.5 - Ventus Purple X
  • 5 Wood - Ping G430 Max - Ventus Purple X 
  • 7 Wood - Ping G430 Max - Ventus Purple X | 4 iron - Srixon ZX4 MKII - Axiom 105X
  • 5 - PW Ping BluePrint S - Shaft testing
  • SW - Cleveland RTX6 55* - Fuji Tour Spec 115X | LW - Vokey SM9T 60* - Fuji Tour Spec 115X
  • Putters - Odyssey #7 Knuckle Neck Proto | Odyssey Jailbird Versa Microhinge - Odyssey Tank DBOdyssey Jailbird Ai-One

This weekend we were blessed with some really amazing weather so I finally got the chance to get in 18 holes.  The last couple of 9 hole rounds the greens have been fuzzy, which is to be expected.  However, my club shocked me with fresh cut and rolled greens this weekend.  I was not at all expecting that and 3-putted on #1.  That said, it was a solid round with the Mezz in the bag.  I only had a total of 29 putts (including the silly 3 putt on the first hole).  My iron game was a bit rusty so I didn't hit my normal % of GIR's, which meant I got to use the Mezz as a "Texas wedge" on several holes and it didn't disappoint one bit.  Lag putting was so dialed in, despite not warming up on the practice green at all.

My buddy noticed the Mezz so we got to chat about it for a while.  I can't recall which hole but it was early on I drained a 7 footer that was slippery with some solid break and he immediately was like "well I see this new putter works just as good as the other one (meaning my DF 2.1)".  I had several 4 to 7 foot putts throughout the round that all seemed to have a bit of speed and break to them and I drained everything without really having to over-think it.

The question I asked myself after the round was "would the DF 2.1 have helped or hurt my round at all" and I think the answer is neither.  I love my DF 2.1 and I've been switching back/forth recently to see if one is better than the other and I truly can't see a difference other than visually.  I feel so comfortable with the either LAB putter in hand and I think that's where the real value in their technology sort of bubbles to the top.  I haven't tried the Blade but I really want to get my hands on one.  That said, LAB really does have offerings for all different types of folks based on what you like to see at address - larger mallet, mid mallet or blade.

We've got a little cooler weather coming over the next few days but after that things are looking really good so I'll be back out on the course next week for more on-course testing of the Mezz.

• Like 1

Second official round with the MEZZ is in the books.  Over the weekend I had the fewest putts in a very long time ... 26 putts!  😊  Including 6 one putt greens on the front side, 2 birdies, & several great up & downs.  I thought things were going to go well right from the start.  Had a nice 3 foot par save on #1 then after a great shot on the next hole to about 12 feet above the hole (went right over the flag).  It was a downhill, right to left, & fast.  I picked my spot to go over like usual.  Remember this is Point & Shoot ... pick a line, trust the stroke, & pull the trigger.  Beautiful roll into the center!  This happened numerous times.  Putts were made ... they were dead center.  Nothing squeaked in the sides.  I guess it was my ability to read the line correctly, with the right speed, & trust it.  

Even one of the guys I was playing with said "Hey man, whatever that putter is your using, keep it up because you are putting lights out."  "Everything you've made has been dead center & the ball just rolls so smooth ... I can see it come off the putter."  So this was a good idea to introduce him to the MEZZ & LAB Golf.  I told him all about the company, the putter itself & the technology & why I like it so much.  He rolled it a few times & said "Man, this feels so good & is so easy to line up."  He also said he may be looking into purchasing one if he can find it.  I told him PGA Superstore has them but you really need to get fitted, so I suggested calling LAB directly.

As I've stated earlier, this putter could be a game changer for me.  Once I start draining putts to win the money on league night 😉 it may never leave the bag.  I can't thank the WRX & LAB Golf enough! 

• Like 1

Driver: Titleist TSR3 UST Mamiya Prototype  

Fairways: Titleist TS2 13.5* UST Mamiya LIN-Q Blue

Utility: Titleist U500 19* Fujikura Ventus Blue HB

Irons:  T350 4 & 5, T200 6-PW UST Mamiya Recoil Dart F4 105g

Wedges: Vokey SM9 48*, 52*, 56*

Putter: L.A.B. Golf MEZZ.1 Proto 

Ball: ProV1 Left Dot

19 minutes ago, Orange Hog said:

That said, LAB really does have offerings for all different types of folks based on what you like to see at address - larger mallet, mid mallet or blade.

I forgot to mention the look at address since I never felt I could use a center shafted putter in the past.  I have the black ACCRA shaft in my MEZZ and I have to say I can not even see the shaft at address.  It is set back from the face and the black fades into the view of the putter head.  It is no off putting at all.  No getting used to anything either.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ajlacombe said:

I forgot to mention the look at address since I never felt I could use a center shafted putter in the past.  I have the black ACCRA shaft in my MEZZ and I have to say I can not even see the shaft at address.  It is set back from the face and the black fades into the view of the putter head.  It is no off putting at all.  No getting used to anything either.

I was surprised with how easy it was to get used to myself. I've never played a center shaft and of course Never with the shaft angle and grip like the Mezz and it was shocking just how comfortable it was immediately. I have the same shaft and I'm happy I went with the black and not the white. It just disappears and let's the focus be on the ball and head. 

• Like 2

On 3/2/2022 at 10:38 AM, Sooner1 said:

I ordered on back in october and finally got it in Jan.  I've putted with mine at home, on my putting rail and taken it out on the practice green and course.  I like the look, the shaft lean and how it sits.  I love the concept, however I have had very little success with mine.  I have not seen an increase in putts made or better speed.  I've gone through my normal practice routines and compared both on the practice greens and playing.  At this point I'm going to stick with what I have.  This will be up in the BST soon.  LAGOLF shaft, 35 inches, std lie.....

Std lie being 70 degrees?

10 hours ago, KhiloD said:

I was surprised with how easy it was to get used to myself. I've never played a center shaft and of course Never with the shaft angle and grip like the Mezz and it was shocking just how comfortable it was immediately. I have the same shaft and I'm happy I went with the black and not the white. It just disappears and let's the focus be on the ball and head. 

11 hours ago, ajlacombe said:

I have the same setup.  I also have never gamed a center shafted putter before.  It's probably what I've been missing in my game all along.  The black ACCRA isn't even noticeable to me one bit, except that it's so stable, with absolutely no twisting whatsoever.  I was always a skeptic when it came to a shaft in a putter.  But I'm convinced now. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, tofur99 said:

wow a claw grip is amazing with this putter, I've never been able to make it work but it feels so precise and controlled with this.  Must be the lack of torque or something, idk but definitely worth trying out if you have this putter

Yes. I've been using this style of grip for about 3 years now after trying standard grip, left hand low etc. Mine is more pistol-like on my right hand. I find that my hands are less manipulative & leverage on the LAB tech for it's stroke stability.

Really works well with the shorter putts. The same grip does not work well in a "regular" face balance putter like 2 Balls (at least that's my feeling) as it definitely feels less stable.

Edited by SwingBlues

Driver: Taylormade Stealth 2+ 9*, Proxima 5X 

Fairways: Callaway - Rogue ST LS 13.5* & Fujikura Red TR 5S // Callaway Diablo Edge Tour 15* & Miyazaki C Kua 43S

Hybrid:   Cobra Speedzone 3 hybrid 19*

Irons:       Ping i530 5-PW AWT 2.0 matte black shafts, JumboMax STR8 Ultralite grips
Wedges: Cleveland CBX2 48, Ben Hogan Equalizer 52*, Cleveland Full Face 56*, KBS TGI 100 shafts
Putter:     LAB Golf Mezz.1 ACCRA shaft / Directed Force Reno "2.05 Presse IV tweaked" Putter with OG BGT Stability shaft
Srixon XV 5/6 or Vice Pro Plus. JumboMax STR8 Ultralite grips

Moe Norman/Graves Single Plane Swing

17 hours ago, ajlacombe said:

I'm thinking of getting one with a white Accra shaft.  I wonder if it would be distracting?  I have a DF 2.1 with a black shaft so I know it isn't, but the white looks sharp 

Sim max driver
915 4w
913 hybrid
C300 4 iron...Staff Model blade 5-P
Vokey wedges

SpiderX

TP5

8 minutes ago, kylesilk said:

I'm thinking of getting one with a white Accra shaft.  I wonder if it would be distracting?  I have a DF 2.1 with a black shaft so I know it isn't, but the white looks sharp 

I believe @xandersinghhas the white shaft.  I'm sure he will give you some advice 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, kylesilk said:

I just got a DF 2.1 off the BST today and it has a black BGT Stability Tour shaft and it is the same as my MEZZ - the shaft disappears visually.  I think you need someone to weigh in that has a white shaft and could compare it to a black one. I have to think it would be a distraction visually but I am not sure it would be an issue though.

18 hours ago, ajlacombe said:

I've only gamed a center shafted putter once in my life and I absolutely hated it.  The face felt like it was constantly twisting, even with good strikes, so I was a little apprehensive with the LAB design.  Thankfully a friend of mine got his hands on a DF 2.1 and I was able to roll it a bit during one round.  Both the DF and the Mezz are incredibly well balanced across the face.  I've said it before and I'll say it again - the LAB putters are the most stable putters I've ever used.

• Like 3

On 3/1/2022 at 7:34 AM, Liveonce said:

wouldn’t a ball position further forward promote more of a pull?

On 3/1/2022 at 8:10 AM, KhiloD said:

I believe with the forward lean on the grip it's recommended to be a touch more forward in your stance with these putters. Maybe @labgolf can confirm? But it made a big difference moving it just a ball up from my standard I had with my ER2.

I moved from a 2.1 to the MEZZ. My ball position moved up with the 2.1 based on the rec that the center of the shaft be center of your feet, which puts the ball and putter face forward by default. That worked really well, but I have noticed that the MEZZ did not have the same effect. With that setup, the ball still started on line, but I think my repeatability was lacking, so I've played two rounds now moving the ball up even further, just off the front instep and the consistency in the roll has been so much better. 

I would definitely experiment with position and see what works in delivering the putter with no manipulation

• Like 1

7 hours ago, kylesilk said:

I've got the white Accra and I really like it. I like the contrast looking down but I also just think it looks cool. It hasn't distracted me at all and I'm someone who used to hate anything that wasn't clean and uniform in a golf club.

• Like 2

Driver: TSi3 8* Tour Green 75 TX

4 wood: Callaway Apex UW 17* Hzrdus Smoke 6.5
Irons: 4-PW 716 AP2 X100
Wedges: Mizuno T22 Copper 51, 56, 61 TI S400
Putter: Odyssey Jailbird 380 MH

Was fitted for a Mezz a couple days ago and was enjoying the feel.  I took it to the putting green at my club yesterday morning to get some putts in on my usual greens (know the speed and break).  Took a little getting used to but once I did I was draining a number fo long putts as well sat every lag putt was tap in distance.  This morning was the first round with it on the course and it was amazing.  I'm a solid 6 or 7 handicap based on the day and my swing.  So by no means always playing well.  I had no 3 putts, every lag was to within 3', and I made about 4 putts outside 10'.  Had 4 birdies and 29 putts for the day.  I use Arccos and it said I was a +5.8 in the putting department compared to a 6 handicap.  THe feel was so good my playing partners were all saying how this putter has found a new home in my bag.  I tend to rotate putters quite often, but if I see more rounds like this my rotating days are done.  This was a nice feeling to have on the greens.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, jdorfman said:

Was fitted for a Mezz a couple days ago and was enjoying the feel.  I took it to the putting green at my club yesterday morning to get some putts in on my usual greens (know the speed and break).  Took a little getting used to but once I did I was draining a number fo long putts as well sat every lag putt was tap in distance.  This morning was the first round with it on the course and it was amazing.  I'm a solid 6 or 7 handicap based on the day and my swing.  So by no means always playing well.  I had no 3 putts, every lag was to within 3', and I made about 4 putts outside 10'.  Had 4 birdies and 29 putts for the day.  I use Arccos and it said I was a +5.8 in the putting department compared to a 6 handicap.  THe feel was so good my playing partners were all saying how this putter has found a new home in my bag.  I tend to rotate putters quite often, but if I see more rounds like this my rotating days are done.  This was a nice feeling to have on the greens.

I never used to be a putter rotator but turned into one, and I think the MEZZ will put an end to that.  I did buy a DF 2.1 as well and may use them both, but not a large group 🙂  I actually like the 2.1 a lot.

So how did you get fitted and get a putter right away?  Guessing it was an in stock putter for the MEZZ?

I have enjoyed people thinking the MEZZ is ugly - especially when it is taking their money 🙂 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, ajlacombe said:

I never used to be a putter rotator but turned into one, and I think the MEZZ will put an end to that.  I did buy a DF 2.1 as well and may use them both, but not a large group 🙂  I actually like the 2.1 a lot.

So how did you get fitted and get a putter right away?  Guessing it was an in stock putter for the MEZZ?

I have enjoyed people thinking the MEZZ is ugly - especially when it is taking their money 🙂 

Yeah there was pretty much nowhere in town that had one to try.  I kept calling around and not only found a fitter but her had 4 of them in stock.  Luckily for me one was the exact specs I needed so I was able to walk out the door with the putter (which is rare).  Probably only thing I would have changed is maybe going with the line instead of a dot but not a big deal really.  It came with the stock KBS black shaft which I don't mind.  I don't notice a difference on the others for the extra upcharge.

Yeah on the 4th hole one guy asked where I got the putter.  Another quickly responded Home Depot DIY project.  But by the end of the round, he was asking to try it on the putting green.

I have a white accra shaft.  Mainly got it was for aesthetics and the fact that all my other putter shafts are either metal or black.  I love the white.  I am a lefty so my press grip is also black and white and it looks sweet together.  Doesn't bother me at all and I like the contrast! 

• Like 1

10 played at 9.25 TSI2 w/ Ventus Black 6x

16.5 degree TSI2 w/ Ventus Blue 7x

19 degree Sim Max Hybrid w/ Ventus Blue 8x/ZXU 3 Recoil 95 f5

ZXU 4 w/ Recoil 95 F5

5-p ZX7 Nippon Modus 120x 

SM8 52f/56S/60D 

Bettinardi Inovai 6.0, Sik Flo w/ LAGolf Shaft, Toulon Las Vegas, Special Select Newport 2 custom, Bettinardi Queen B 6

So I had a few competitive rounds with the Mezz1...

My observations so far:

1) I noticed that I was burning the edges and missing the putts on the high side more often than not. My regular betterball partner (league and other competitions) and I know each others game and putting very well and we both read the line, only for the putts to miss barely on the high side. It became a situation where I read my putt and then adjusted the read for less break... and the putts started to drop one after another. It was difficult at first to trust the less break, but the Mezz1' s roll is so pure that it just keeps the line beautifully. 

2) Pace control with the Mezz is amazing. I do not know whether it is just a confidence thing, but I am not fazed by 60 - 70 feet putts, I just know my next putt would be highly make-able. (since I started taking less break, there where no three putts)

3) The Mezz feels extremely balanced and light in my hands and others who tried it on the putting green made the exact same comment on trying it. In South Africa L.A.B is very unknown and the discussions after somebody tries it generally follows a five to ten minute discussion of me explaining the science behind it. People feel the balance almost immediately. Two friends already indicated that the are going to order the Mezz... just from a few putts on the putting green and from reading up on the technology.

4) The Mezz will be staying in my bag, end of discussion. Nothing else compares.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Willa said:

So I had a few competitive rounds with the Mezz1...

My observations so far:

1) I noticed that I was burning the edges and missing the putts on the high side more often than not. My regular betterball partner (league and other competitions) and I know each others game and putting very well and we both read the line, only for the putts to miss barely on the high side. It became a situation where I read my putt and then adjusted the read for less break... and the putts started to drop one after another. It was difficult at first to trust the less break, but the Mezz1' s roll is so pure that it just keeps the line beautifully. 

2) Pace control with the Mezz is amazing. I do not know whether it is just a confidence thing, but I am not fazed by 60 - 70 feet putts, I just know my next putt would be highly make-able. (since I started taking less break, there where no three putts)

3) The Mezz feels extremely balanced and light in my hands and others who tried it on the putting green made the exact same comment on trying it. In South Africa L.A.B is very unknown and the discussions after somebody tries it generally follows a five to ten minute discussion of me explaining the science behind it. People feel the balance almost immediately. Two friends already indicated that the are going to order the Mezz... just from a few putts on the putting green and from reading up on the technology.

4) The Mezz will be staying in my bag, end of discussion. Nothing else compares.

That is super interesting.  I agree the distance control is amazing with the MEZZ and DF 2.1 - I am not sure what it is either, but no question it is there.  I have also been burning edges and I am slowing coming around to what you kind of imply here - there is less break with the MEZZ.

Not that the green changes but it almost feels like my compensations included more break - by either putting that into my hand manipulations in the form of start line and/or spin. I had a thought in one round that the putts seemed to break less and kind of dismissed that as "crazy talk" 🙂 

Trust seems to be where I am headed with my LAB putters - trust the line and putt with no thoughts about what if...

The most effective way to show what LAB has is to hold the putter on one hand and spin it with the other and feel how there is a constant spin with no discontinuities in that rotation and it will not settle in the same spot like every other putter.

Coming from playing a LAB DF2.1 all of last year, I am happy to say the Mezz is absolutely FANTASTIC! I just played 4 days in AZ last week having never used the Mezz yet, and it did not disappoint! My putting was as good or even better than it was at the end of last season.

PLUS, I made a 65 footer on 18 of the last day to win the whole pot.  Paid for my putter plus a LOT more! 🙂  

• Like 3

PXG Black Ops Swing Balance Yellow
Ping G430 LST 3w Ventus Red 8X

Ping G430 Max 7w Ventus Red 8X

PXG 0317T 4-P, SteelFiber PR

Ping i159 50*, 54*, 58*

L.A.B. DF2.1 Stability Tour

8 hours ago, ajlacombe said:

That is super interesting.  I agree the distance control is amazing with the MEZZ and DF 2.1 - I am not sure what it is either, but no question it is there.  I have also been burning edges and I am slowing coming around to what you kind of imply here - there is less break with the MEZZ.

Not that the green changes but it almost feels like my compensations included more break - by either putting that into my hand manipulations in the form of start line and/or spin. I had a thought in one round that the putts seemed to break less and kind of dismissed that as "crazy talk" 🙂 

Trust seems to be where I am headed with my LAB putters - trust the line and putt with no thoughts about what if...

The most effective way to show what LAB has is to hold the putter on one hand and spin it with the other and feel how there is a constant spin with no discontinuities in that rotation and it will not settle in the same spot like every other putter.

Here is a thought on the "less break" theory. Maybe, when you read putts with your putters in the past, you don't hit them on the line you have visually picked? After repetition, you brain has you trained to play a different line because that's how much you tend to miss off line?

For me, the best part about the DF 2.1 and the Mezz is, if I pick a spot I almost ALWAYS hit that spot with these putters. THAT has given me TONS of confidence with my putting. Especially 10 feet and in.

• Like 1

PXG Black Ops Swing Balance Yellow
Ping G430 LST 3w Ventus Red 8X

Ping G430 Max 7w Ventus Red 8X

PXG 0317T 4-P, SteelFiber PR

Ping i159 50*, 54*, 58*

L.A.B. DF2.1 Stability Tour