MEMBER REVIEWS: L.A.B. Golf MEZZ.1 Putter (Early Access) Member Testing! See What Members Are Saying!

GolfWRX_Official

Did some more investigation and I can hear the ring with my new DF 2.1 if I lightly tap a ball with the toe or heel of the putter.  Why it stopped ringing for a central strike - no clue.  The only thing that make sense to me is if in shipping - something that was in the tip of the shaft moved out of position and now it is back in position - that seems like ad odd thing, but technically it would have to be something like that to change the dynamics for the head shaft combo.

PXG Gen 5 0311 9º, Kai'li Blue, Titleist TSr3, 9º, Ventus Blue

Titleist TSr2, 15º fw, GD Tour AD IZ

Titleist TSr2, 20º fw, GD Tour AD IZ

Titleist TSi2, 21º Hy, GD Tour AD IZ

Titleist TSi2, 24º Hy, GD Tour AD IZ

Titleist T150 6-48º Tensei AV Blue AM2

Vokey SM9 54º, 60º, Tensei AV Blue AM2

L.A.B. Golf DF3, MEZZ.1 Max reg & Broom,  MEZZ.1, DF 2.1 Reg & Broom

No room to list Bench Warmers 🙂

5 hours ago, ajlacombe said:

Did some more investigation and I can hear the ring with my new DF 2.1 if I lightly tap a ball with the toe or heel of the putter.  Why it stopped ringing for a central strike - no clue.  The only thing that make sense to me is if in shipping - something that was in the tip of the shaft moved out of position and now it is back in position - that seems like ad odd thing, but technically it would have to be something like that to change the dynamics for the head shaft combo.

I believe the ring is essentially from off center strikes.  May be incorrect in that, but I believe reading back in the DF thread that was what some others had said.  I can confirm with my DF if it's struck in the center or fairly close there is no ringing.

If I get it out closer to the toe, or heel, definitely get the higher pitched ringing.

2 hours ago, randr3wb said:

I believe the ring is essentially from off center strikes.  May be incorrect in that, but I believe reading back in the DF thread that was what some others had said.  I can confirm with my DF if it's struck in the center or fairly close there is no ringing.

If I get it out closer to the toe, or heel, definitely get the higher pitched ringing.

Not doubting you but I do not see that in my Direct Force. Mine is a 2.0. I play the toe and heel  putts all the time and I have never heard any high pitch noise from that sort of putting. Infact, it's a rather dull thud, if anything. Not obnoxious at all ala original Ping putter "ting"

See my sig for the shaft and balls I game.

Edited by SwingBlues
  • Like 1

Driver: Taylormade Stealth 2+ 9*, Proxima 5X 

Fairways: Callaway - Rogue ST LS 13.5* & Fujikura Red TR 5S // Callaway Diablo Edge Tour 15* & Miyazaki C Kua 43S

Hybrid:   Cobra Speedzone 3 hybrid 19*

Irons:       Ping i530 5-PW AWT 2.0 matte black shafts, JumboMax STR8 Ultralite grips
Wedges: Cleveland CBX2 48, Ben Hogan Equalizer 52*, Cleveland Full Face 56*, KBS TGI 100 shafts
Putter:     LAB Golf Mezz.1 ACCRA shaft / Directed Force Reno "2.05 Presse IV tweaked" Putter with OG BGT Stability shaft
Srixon XV 5/6 or Vice Pro Plus. JumboMax STR8 Ultralite grips

Moe Norman/Graves Single Plane Swing

1 hour ago, SwingBlues said:

Not doubting you but I do not see that in my Direct Force. Mine is a 2.0. I play the toe and heel  putts all the time and I have never heard any high pitch noise from that sort of putting. Infact, it's a rather dull thud, if anything. Not obnoxious at all ala original Ping putter "ting"

See my sig for the shaft and balls I game.

I took my DF 2.1 outside again today and it rings on toe and heel hits  and the harder it is hit it can have a slight ring towards a center strike.  That 2.1 has the sole weights.  I also have a 2.1 without the sole weights and that does not ring with any strike at any location on the face.  Now I am wondering if there is an issue with the weight ports ringing - possibly when they have a dummy screw in them (with no, or little weight)?  Now that would make a lot of sense to me - that those screw holes are somehow causing the putter head to ring on certain strikes - that would be a super easy fix with putting a damping material in the screw hole, but LAB Golf uses locktite on the screws so I am having a hard time thinking those ports are ringing, but have no other guess.

My newer 2.1 for sure rings quite a bit, but it does not bother me at all.

• Like 1

On 3/2/2022 at 6:46 PM, KhiloD said:

Man I wish the left hand grip looked like this. Ours is half white half black. Wonder why since it's essentially the same grip specs. 

Not sure my friend. I just know that they suggested to me to get the "better shaft" & IIRC, asked me if I wanted a mid or oversized grip on it, I honestly don't remember. Sorry yours didn't come with that kind of grip.

All of you guys who say there is a "ring" or some sort of sound .... it's weird I guess.  Either I don't hear it or I'm just immune to it.  Or I just hit in the center all of the time 🤣  

I am still loving this putter!  That is all 😉

Driver: Titleist TSR3 UST Mamiya Prototype  

Fairways: Titleist TS2 13.5* UST Mamiya LIN-Q Blue

Utility: Titleist U500 19* Fujikura Ventus Blue HB

Irons:  T350 4 & 5, T200 6-PW UST Mamiya Recoil Dart F4 105g

Wedges: Vokey SM9 48*, 52*, 56*

Putter: L.A.B. Golf MEZZ.1 Proto 

Ball: ProV1 Left Dot

I also haven't noticed any sort of ting or ring noise.  All I know is I've used it for about 6 or 7 rounds and I only have one 3-putt.  I've had anywhere from 26-30 putts each round.  And pretty much every time I'm shaking hands at the end of a match someone makes a comment about how my putting was lights out.  So much of putting is confidence and when you find a putter that you know is giving you a pure stroke, it's priceless.  I stand over 4' putts confident they're going in.  Lag putts aren't as scary.  And when I miss a 10' I'm genuinely surprised it didn't go in.

Finally found a putter that won't be leaving my bag.  Go get fit and try it for yourself obviously, but I love it!

• Like 2

5 hours ago, HackinNut said:

All of you guys who say there is a "ring" or some sort of sound .... it's weird I guess.  Either I don't hear it or I'm just immune to it.  Or I just hit in the center all of the time 🤣  

I am still loving this putter!  That is all 😉

Or yours isn't impacted by the same situation others are speaking about. @m_w clearly showed with his second post from March 19th (page 14) that his does in fact sound significantly different than normal.  Please go back and actually listen to his clip before acting like the situation doesn't exist because you aren't impacted by it.

2 hours ago, jdorfman said:

I also haven't noticed any sort of ting or ring noise.

That's great, sounds like yours isn't impacted either.

Regarding sound on the MEZZ: Its a thing and you guys who are experiencing variance with your mezz's both from putter to putter as well as different spots on the face are not crazy. The mezz effectively ended up as a tuning fork with its shape and the high vibration nature of aluminum. We are actually more confused by the ones that DON'T have a ping sound. The thuddy ones are the unicorns. We know that the type of screws i.e. Aluminum, steel, brass or tungsten and their placement throughout the putter has an effect. The important thing to know is that even if your mezz doesn't sound like the one your friend has, neither are broken. This is simply the realities of making every putter custom to order and by hand. It is now a major design goal for future putters to get more consistent.

For the DF: The balancing is done primarily in the weight ports on the heel and toe. Depending on how much and what type of material is used to balance, the sound on the heel and toe can vary. The center should be consistent from putter to putter.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, labgolf said:

Regarding sound on the MEZZ: Its a thing and you guys who are experiencing variance with your mezz's both from putter to putter as well as different spots on the face are not crazy. The mezz effectively ended up as a tuning fork with its shape and the high vibration nature of aluminum. We are actually more confused by the ones that DON'T have a ping sound. The thuddy ones are the unicorns. We know that the type of screws i.e. Aluminum, steel, brass or tungsten and their placement throughout the putter has an effect. The important thing to know is that even if your mezz doesn't sound like the one your friend has, neither are broken. This is simply the realities of making every putter custom to order and by hand. It is now a major design goal for future putters to get more consistent.

For the DF: The balancing is done primarily in the weight ports on the heel and toe. Depending on how much and what type of material is used to balance, the sound on the heel and toe can vary. The center should be consistent from putter to putter.

Having owned now 3 different DF putters I can attest that the sound is very consistent.

7 hours ago, labgolf said:

Thank you for the honesty.

• Like 1

On 4/3/2022 at 2:51 AM, tenacious84 said:

Or yours isn't impacted by the same situation others are speaking about. @m_w clearly showed with his second post from March 19th (page 14) that his does in fact sound significantly different than normal.  Please go back and actually listen to his clip before acting like the situation doesn't exist because you aren't impacted by it.

That's great, sounds like yours isn't impacted either.

OR I hit it in the center more often than you do. Just as LAB guys said ... "the center is consistent from putter to putter." 

Take a chill pill & let's not freak out over a simple post. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, HackinNut said:

OR I hit it in the center more often than you do. Just as LAB guys said ... "the center is consistent from putter to putter." 

Take a chill pill & let's not freak out over a simple post. 

I'm not freaking out, it just bugs me when people dismiss other individuals' complaints simply because they aren't experiencing the same situation themselves, which is what you were doing. BTW, i own a B.2 which doesn't ring, so try again with your assumptions about me.

Also, you obviously have difficulty in reading comprehension. By the time Sam wrote the phrase you quoted, he was talking about the DF, not the Mezz. He clearly indicated in the first part of his post that most Mezz DO in fact ring and the ones that don't are unicorns. Be thankful you got an unicorn and quit acting like you make consistent contact with your putter. Your 8.2 handicap indicates otherwise.

Edited by tenacious84
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

7 hours ago, tenacious84 said:

I'm not freaking out, it just bugs me when people dismiss other individuals' complaints simply because they aren't experiencing the same situation themselves, which is what you were doing. BTW, i own a B.2 which doesn't ring, so try again with your assumptions about me.

Also, you obviously have difficulty in reading comprehension. By the time Sam wrote the phrase you quoted, he was talking about the DF, not the Mezz. He clearly indicated in the first part of his post that most Mezz DO in fact ring and the ones that don't are unicorns. Be thankful you got an unicorn and quit acting like you make consistent contact with your putter. Your 8.2 handicap indicates otherwise.

It's not about dismissing anything, it's about "observations," which we all have.  I'm glad I can tune out the sound ... of both the putter & you!  People like you, who troll internet golf sites, just to start sh*t or what gives sites the bad rap.  Your 18 posts indicates that.  I don't have the time, nor the inclination, to go back & fourth with you.  So .... 

BTW ... my 8.2 handicap has no bearing on my putting skills.  You don't know me or my game from Adam, so don't assume when you have absolutely No idea. 

• Like 2

On 4/4/2022 at 11:28 AM, labgolf said:

Ha ha...sounds like 2 🦄 🦄

👍

Just an observation the video shot was in a room, which will make putter sound different as compared to an open space akin to hitting a driver in a show room versus on the open space tee. Also camera is right behind the ball so it may pick up additional noise that may not be perceive-able when standing over a the putter, after all I got 50+ year old ears thats been through the Walkman era...

I may try recording the same but its been windy here in Los Angeles so all you'll hear is wind noise when i get to the GC, no bueno...

• Like 1

Fairways: Callaway - Rogue ST LS 13.5* & Fujikura Red TR 5S // Callaway Diablo Edge Tour 15* & Miyazaki C Kua 43S

Irons:       Ping i530 5-PW AWT 2.0 matte black shafts, JumboMax STR8 Ultralite grips
Wedges: Cleveland CBX2 48, Ben Hogan Equalizer 52*, Cleveland Full Face 56*, KBS TGI 100 shafts
Putter:     LAB Golf Mezz.1 ACCRA shaft / Directed Force Reno "2.05 Presse IV tweaked" Putter with OG BGT Stability shaft

Wonder if Adam Scott can hear the sound or does he tune it out?  Or does he have a 🦄 too? 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, HackinNut said:

It's not about dismissing anything, it's about "observations," which we all have.  I'm glad I can tune out the sound ... of both the putter & you!  People like you, who troll internet golf sites, just to start sh*t or what gives sites the bad rap.  Your 18 posts indicates that.  I don't have the time, nor the inclination, to go back & fourth with you.  So .... 

BTW ... my 8.2 handicap has no bearing on my putting skills.  You don't know me or my game from Adam, so don't assume when you have absolutely No idea. 

I'm not trolling anything.  m_w identified a complaint, you passive aggressively dismissed his complaint, I pointed out your dismissal of the complaint, and the manufacturer has verified most do actually sound like m_w's. It's entertaining to now watch you turn this on me when called out.

Edited by tenacious84

2 hours ago, HackinNut said:

Wonder if Adam Scott can hear the sound or does he tune it out?  Or does he have a 🦄 too? 

Scott is putting well, watched his bird @ 16th after a great tee shot with the iron. His Mezz is a proto XL, larger head and since it's larger, a larger tuning fork then but I don't hear no Ping Ting... perhaps he does have a 🦄 😁

I would not mind a larger Mezz XL head either. After this long, the compactness of my Mezz is starting to "feel" a wee small to me but perhaps its the years of DF...

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, PT1911 said:

Damn.....It's hard not to order one of those limited Masters Mezz!!!!

I am trying to resist getting another DF 2.1 🙂 

1 hour ago, PT1911 said:

Damn.....It's hard not to order one of those limited Masters Mezz!!!!

But they're green!  Would you play it or just display it? 

23 minutes ago, PT1911 said:

If I bought one, I would play it.

I pulled the trigger on the DF 2.1 and I plan on playing with it, but I have the MEZZ and another DF 2.1 so it will be a special putter that maybe comes out around the majors? 🙂  I also changed up the sightline choice. Now what L.A.B. should include is when you make a putt with it, they should have an app that says YESS SIR!

8 minutes ago, manVSgolf said:

Ordered the Mezz and the 2.1.  

They should rename LAB to Brokeback Golf, because I can’t quit you.

D51E4139-74C0-45E5-BAEC-C100C0A0B849.png

Dang!!! You the man! Now I don't feel like I "need" to buy one! 🤣 Thanks for saving me a G!

PXG Black Ops Swing Balance Yellow
Ping G430 LST 3w Ventus Red 8X

Ping G430 Max 7w Ventus Red 8X

PXG 0317T 4-P, SteelFiber PR

Ping i159 50*, 54*, 58*

L.A.B. DF2.1 Stability Tour

59 minutes ago, HackinNut said:

But they're green!  Would you play it or just display it? 

Oh, I would play it. I would rotate it around every month.

You know there was once a time, not so long ago, in a distant galaxy, far, far away....where it was IMPOSSIBLE to etch the putters and draw fancy text, logos etc. My Directed Force back in 2017 had the sight lines milled but Bill lasered it afterwards so it would no longer glare me to death with the sun was overhead

Now, with commercial laser tool that is available, you can do these fancy art works like as if you are drawing with a pencil

Very, very, nice LABGolf 👍👍👍

Edited by SwingBlues
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, manVSgolf said:

Ordered the Mezz and the 2.1.  

They should rename LAB to Brokeback Golf, because I can’t quit you.

D51E4139-74C0-45E5-BAEC-C100C0A0B849.png

Damn - nice job.  I tried the XRX discount code and it is no longer valid and no codes work with these putters 🙂 

I am trying to find out the lead time. 

• Like 1

Looks like Charl has the Mezz in play at The Masters.

Wonder how long he’s had that going on and what the adjustment was like for him. 

• Like 3

Adaptive Golf.....look out for the one-armed man:

Ping G425 Max Driver, 5W, 7W....+2"

PXG 0211 hybrids, 25*, 28*, 31*….+2”

Sub70 699 8i - SW….+4”

Bobby Grace F-22 side saddle

15 minutes ago, mshills said:

Looks like Charl has the Mezz in play at The Masters.

Wonder how long he’s had that going on and what the adjustment was like for him. 

You beat me to it. I just saw that. Saw an article that he talked to Adam Scott about his Mezz and really believed in the tech. Anyone else got more info? @labgolf 

• Like 2