2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

Colorado WRX 2022

pseudoswede

5 minutes ago, TheKrushh said:

They claimed they will have marshalls and stuff next year but I don't believe that they will be able to get their "resort-style" groups around that place in any type of reasonable manner.

That's the thing: good luck forcing a paying customer (or member) to move up tees--or worse, skip a hole--in the middle of a round...on ANY golf course. You could always ask for their GHIN at the beginning of the round, force them to tee off on #1 on the appropriate tees, but they will simply move back to the tips on #2.

There is (yet another) new thread in WRX about slow play. Yes, I'd love to (and strive to) play 18 in under 4 hours as much as the next guy, but as long as I'm with good company and conversation (and I don't have to be anywhere anytime soon), I really don't care how long it takes to complete the round.

Live in Colorado? Visit Colorado WRX!

Ping G410 LST 9° Ventus Black 7X

Callaway Apex Pro 2H 18° MMT 80 HB XS
Ping S55 3-PW DG X100 (orange dot)
Ping Glide 52°, 56° (orange dot)

Titleist Vokey SM2 Red Saw 60° (to be retired)

Ping Glide 4.0 60° (orange dot) (soon)
Odyssey Works Big T V-Line CS 33.5"
Front Range Golf Club (frgclub.com)

4 minutes ago, pseudoswede said:

That's the thing: good luck forcing a paying customer (or member) to move up tees--or worse, skip a hole--in the middle of a round...on ANY golf course. You could always ask for their GHIN at the beginning of the round, force them to tee off on #1 on the appropriate tees, but they will simply move back to the tips on #2.

There is (yet another) new thread in WRX about slow play. Yes, I'd love to (and strive to) play 18 in under 4 hours as much as the next guy, but as long as I'm with good company and conversation (and I don't have to be anywhere anytime soon), I really don't care how long it takes to complete the round.

Watching people play the wrong tees is so painful. I remember getting a call at Flatirons about a slow group on the course. Took a cart out to see a foursome on #4 (220 yard par 3) all teeing off with drivers from the tips 🤦🏽‍♂️ I just told them they had to pick up pace and they did as I never heard back from anyone else behind them that day. 

Whenever I play with random people now I tell them I’m playing the tips, I’m a +, I’m a former instructor, and that I do not expect them to play the tips with me. That always goes over well as I see the wave of relief wash over them. I don’t get it, just play the tees that you should be playing, put the pride away. 

Driver - Callaway Paradym TD Night Mode | 10.5° | HZRDUS RDX Blue 60g 6.5  

5w - Callaway Paradym TD | 18° | HZRDUS Smoke Black 70g 6.5 

Hybrid - Titleist TSi2 | 21° | HZRDUS Black RDX 90g 6.5

Irons - Callaway X Forged (2024) | 4-PW | N.S. Pro Modus120x 

Wedges - Callaway Jaws Raw | 50° 54° 58° | DG S400 

Putter - 2023 Bettinardi Studio B Reserve QB6 

Bag - Vessel Player IV Pro (Gray) 

Ball - Z Star XV 

29 minutes ago, TheKrushh said:

Pace of play was awful on Friday as well. They will need to get something resolved or they are going to have really big issues. They definitely have a huge problem with guys playing "too far back" for the experience and then NOT keeping up with the group in front. Our round was well over 5. They claimed they will have marshalls and stuff next year but I don't believe that they will be able to get their "resort-style" groups around that place in any type of reasonable manner. The two some in front of us for instance was playing the purple tees like I was and most of their tee balls were 240-260. The guy hit a tee ball 240 and then was waiting for the island green to clear from around 300 yards. I was definitely pointing that out and apparently my loud voice was carrying downwind which didn't go over super well...

Again, do whatever makes you happy on a golf course as long as 1. you keep pace of play 2. it doesn't damage the golf course or someone else's experience.

Anyone joining Raindance better hope they sell out the membership because it really is sounding exactly like Colorado National. Similar situation with a long course that people can really get screwed on if they aren't playing the correct tees and end up spending lots of time dealing with lost balls. The only thing a course like that can do for slow play is refund a group's money and tell them to leave and they won't be doing that with people paying $200 because they need the money until they sell out the membership.

Legacy Ridge/Walnut Creek are the only public access courses I've ever played on where they regularly told slow players to either pick up and skip ahead a hole or leave with a refund. Unfortunately they stopped doing that many years ago but they still tend to do a better job than most at keeping people moving. 10 minute tee time gaps go a long way in accomplishing that.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Dancin said:

Anyone joining Raindance better hope they sell out the membership because it really is sounding exactly like Colorado National. Similar situation with a long course that people can really get screwed on if they aren't playing the correct tees and end up spending lots of time dealing with lost balls. The only thing a course like that can do for slow play is refund a group's money and tell them to leave and they won't be doing that with people paying $200 because they need the money until they sell out the membership.

Legacy Ridge/Walnut Creek are the only public access courses I've ever played on where they regularly told slow players to either pick up and skip ahead a hole or leave with a refund. Unfortunately they stopped doing that many years ago but they still tend to do a better job than most at keeping people moving. 10 minute tee time gaps go a long way in accomplishing that.

I’d be shocked if they sell out the membership there anytime soon. Maybe in a few years. 

Ball - Z Star XV 

2 hours ago, pseudoswede said:

I generally agree with you that if I'm with fun people and I know the course is busy, I'm not fussed about the pace (HR is generally 4:00-4:35). That changes and starts to drive me nuts when it starts getting to 5+ and you're waiting on most shots or have multiple group waits on tee shots. I find the long waits start to mess with my game and my enjoyment of the round.

Callaway Mavrik Subzero 10.5 Graphite Design ADDI 7XX
Srixon U85 2,3,4 Nippon NSPro 1050s
Srixon 785 5-PW Nippon NSPro 1050s
Cleveland RTX-4 Tour Raw 50,55,61 Nippon NSPro 1050s
Scotty Cameron Futura 5W 34.5

3 hours ago, Joelness said:

Good story: I got paired with this super slow college kid at the CGA Amateur at Sonnenalp. At the time the CGA had automatic penalties if the overall group was behind and more than 15 minutes behind the group in front at the end of any 9. Day 2 we are waiting the entire first 6 holes and then we get to 7 and the group in front is gone and we don't see them. By the time I make it to 8 tee I'm starting to worry because I'm around +3 at the time with the cut at +4. I end up running 8 and putting out as soon as my group made it to the green. I immediately sprint to 9 and tee off and go. I see the timekeeper on 9 when I make it there and he says "you just made it, I saw you come up with about 60 seconds to spare."

At the end of the day I made the cut on the number thanks to that 2 hole run.

So they don't do that any more? Shame if they stopped that. They need a shot clock on the tour too.

20 minutes ago, Dancin said:

So they don't do that any more? Shame if they stopped that. They need a shot clock on the tour too.

No, they removed that policy probably 5 years ago.

Honestly, you would be the type of person that would hate the policy the most. It basically makes it your job to speed up the slow a****** in your group and if you don't then you get penalized also. I basically learned to say something once and if that didn't work I would have an official watch the slow guy so even if we did come in behind I wouldn't be penalized.

The tour needs to pick it up 100%. There's a much easier way then a shot clock IMO. Just f****** give them f****** rangefinders! They already get the number within a yard, you're just making it take longer by forcing them to do it manually. There is a point if they're in the wrong fairway or something, but those guys will STILL get the number within 2-3 yards max.

At this point it just feels like people want to hang on to getting manual yardages like "it's a skill." No, it's not a skill. Spend an hour trying to match 10 paces with a measured 10 yards and you're good for life

Edited by Joelness

28 minutes ago, Dancin said:

IMO - At the end of the day shunning will always be the best way to stop slow golfers. Most people are nice and don't want to do it but someone needs to tell the slow/lazy(rake your f****** bunker)/etc. person that they are that person. I've literally stared down (and yelled at) people as I fixed their pitchmarks to make sure it doesn't happen twice.

CGA competitors are overall a pretty tight-knit group. There's only about 50 or so guys I see regularly. If someone is slow/lazy/cheating they'll be found out soon enough believe me, it gets around.

Edited by Joelness

1 hour ago, Joelness said:

No, they removed that policy probably 5 years ago.

Honestly, you would be the type of person that would hate the policy the most. It basically makes it your job to speed up the slow a****** in your group and if you don't then you get penalized also. I basically learned to say something once and if that didn't work I would have an official watch the slow guy so even if we did come in behind I wouldn't be penalized.

The tour needs to pick it up 100%. There's a much easier way then a shot clock IMO. Just f****** give them f****** rangefinders! They already get the number within a yard, you're just making it take longer by forcing them to do it manually. There is a point if they're in the wrong fairway or something, but those guys will STILL get the number within 2-3 yards max.

At this point it just feels like people want to hang on to getting manual yardages like "it's a skill." No, it's not a skill. Spend an hour trying to match 10 paces with a measured 10 yards and you're good for life

Agree they should be allowed to use range finders. I would actually love it with shot clocks as long as it was consistently applied, everyone knew the repercussions and playing out of order was allowed. I would be berating the hell out of my partners and playing way ahead of them if in danger of a time penalty.

Edited by Dancin

On 10/11/2022 at 1:51 PM, Joelness said:

Boy, this sure sounds a lot like most of my biggest overall complaints of being a member at Colorado National. Don't be a member of a long, native filled semi-private course.... ever. I would be hitting balls on the member range and see guys walk up to the tips on 1 next to the restaurant and proceed to hit four balls 🤦‍♂️.

Wait, was this you Bobby? 😉

It's just a coincidence that it happened two days before the ladies club championship, I swear.....

The public has been priced out of Omni, at least during peak seasons, AND the courses tip out around 6900 yards, BUT between the club championship and when they punch, the greens are FAST. Dead to rights, just praying to three putt from 12 feet fast. I host friends in the 10-20 handicap range and they just ping pong it. No bullxxxx 4-6 putts on every hole. They're good sports, but if the public wasn't priced off the course pace would be a BIG problem.

2 hours ago, ztull said:

The public has been priced out of Omni, at least during peak seasons, AND the courses tip out around 6900 yards, BUT between the club championship and when they punch, the greens are FAST. Dead to rights, just praying to three putt from 12 feet fast. I host friends in the 10-20 handicap range and they just ping pong it. No bullxxxx 4-6 putts on every hole. They're good sports, but if the public wasn't priced off the course pace would be a BIG problem.

That sounds wonderful. I love fast greens. Putted great at Raindance. 

Edited by bardezart

Ball - Z Star XV 

Catching up here, love the convo, not going to do a multi-quote because there would be like ten of them!

Yeah, I don't know how an 8,500 yard course in the desert (but also on the coveted front range) can be maintained with a limited membership. The one member I met told me they were going to try to cap it at 250 to keep the course open, which would be awesome if you were one of those 250. And they still want to build a clubhouse, chapel, and conference center, all of which I'm sure will cost millions. How can you maintain that on 250 members? Going to have to charge outrageous rates. Not sure people will pay that there. So then it will probably jammed with either public play or 600 members, making any private membership initiation fee and monthlys not seem worth it. I don't know, seems like a tough thing to pull off. I hope the golf course stays there, as I think it's an awesome layout, but I just don't know what the successful model is.

Joel, I haven't played Colorado National, but I would love to come down there and bash four balls of the tips! Haha. In all seriousness, I am sure there were people playing that Sunday from the wrong tees, leading to more lost balls, but I didn't really see that, and I think people are just going to be losing balls out there no matter what tees they play. I actually told my friend like at what point does a group just say F it, this is taking super long, so I'M going to take super long, and then you're just in this death spiral. I can assure you all my friend and I were not the problem as we were a twosome and we were waiting a long time on every shot. So in some ways it was the ideal day to do our tips experiment, although not with that group of ladies "behind" us....

I think I have just been spoiled by growing up in Wyoming and playing mostly open courses with little or no waiting. I just hate waiting on every shot. Ruins the fun for me. Buddy and I got out yesterday on Riverton Country Club in Riverton, WY (great track), and we were the 11:50 time, right ahead of the men's league, and we had the whole course to ourselves, played in 3 hrs. 20 min. without trying to sprint around, just enjoying the course and the golf. It was just awesome. I get it that a golf course with your friends isn't a bad place to be stuck and waiting, but waiting a long time between every shot just ruins the fun of golfing, for me. 

• Like 1

Driver - TM Mini BRNR 11.5, HZRDUS Smoke Black 6.5

2i- Ping Blueprint

3i-PW - TM P7MB, KBS Tour X

Wedges - Vokey SM9 (52, 56, 60) all M grinds

Putter - PLD Anser

Ball - Bridgestone BXS

48 minutes ago, bobbyclampett!! said:

Catching up here, love the convo, not going to do a multi-quote because there would be like ten of them!

Yeah, I don't know how an 8,500 yard course in the desert (but also on the coveted front range) can be maintained with a limited membership. The one member I met told me they were going to try to cap it at 250 to keep the course open, which would be awesome if you were one of those 250. And they still want to build a clubhouse, chapel, and conference center, all of which I'm sure will cost millions. How can you maintain that on 250 members? Going to have to charge outrageous rates. Not sure people will pay that there. So then it will probably jammed with either public play or 600 members, making any private membership initiation fee and monthlys not seem worth it. I don't know, seems like a tough thing to pull off. I hope the golf course stays there, as I think it's an awesome layout, but I just don't know what the successful model is.

Joel, I haven't played Colorado National, but I would love to come down there and bash four balls of the tips! Haha. In all seriousness, I am sure there were people playing that Sunday from the wrong tees, leading to more lost balls, but I didn't really see that, and I think people are just going to be losing balls out there no matter what tees they play. I actually told my friend like at what point does a group just say F it, this is taking super long, so I'M going to take super long, and then you're just in this death spiral. I can assure you all my friend and I were not the problem as we were a twosome and we were waiting a long time on every shot. So in some ways it was the ideal day to do our tips experiment, although not with that group of ladies "behind" us....

I think I have just been spoiled by growing up in Wyoming and playing mostly open courses with little or no waiting. I just hate waiting on every shot. Ruins the fun for me. Buddy and I got out yesterday on Riverton Country Club in Riverton, WY (great track), and we were the 11:50 time, right ahead of the men's league, and we had the whole course to ourselves, played in 3 hrs. 20 min. without trying to sprint around, just enjoying the course and the golf. It was just awesome. I get it that a golf course with your friends isn't a bad place to be stuck and waiting, but waiting a long time between every shot just ruins the fun of golfing, for me. 

Bobby, I was just giving you s*** man. I agree, that's the perfect time to do that. I've been stuck as a two-some with my wife behind a slow 4-some so I decided to play two balls for less waiting. 30 mins later the pro shows up and tells me the group behind complained and to only play 1 while he's watching me wait on the tee for the group in front. I do agree with you that even if people played the right tees they will look for balls, which is fine and does happen regardless. We just hope that if it happens less often then it will go faster.

There's no way they cap it at 250 unless it stays semi-private. Tbh, I would rather hear the guy say they're going to cap it at 350-400 so at least they could afford to be private. I know up here at Fox Hill we have ~365 and I can basically walk out and play any time I want. It's busy most mornings since we're 80% retirees but the afternoons are a ghost town. I still remember my first year I brought Jeremiah out (the superintendent of Pradera) for a 1:20PM tee time on memorial day. It took me four holes to realize I didn't see a single person on the course yet.

Personally, I will never pay dues at a course that isn't private (maybe sans $175+ public rates). That was just one of the things I learned from my CO National days. From a base-level the incentives are not there for the ownership/leadership of the club to take care of their members. At the end of the day they already have the member dues so they end up prioritizing the public over the members. Some clubs might get lucky and have leadership that understands this dynamic and overcomes it but in the end the incentive says otherwise.

Edited by Joelness
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, bobbyclampett!! said:

The one member I met told me they were going to try to cap it at 250 to keep the course open, which would be awesome if you were one of those 250. And they still want to build a clubhouse, chapel, and conference center, all of which I'm sure will cost millions. How can you maintain that on 250 members? Going to have to charge outrageous rates. Not sure people will pay that there. So then it will probably jammed with either public play or 600 members, making any private membership initiation fee and monthlys not seem worth it. I don't know, seems like a tough thing to pull off. I hope the golf course stays there, as I think it's an awesome layout, but I just don't know what the successful model is.

I suspect that 250 cap implies remaining semi private. They would have to charge castle pines rates to be fully private with 250 members. They also have mentioned being a resort from the beginning which would imply hotel guest play. I don't think they ever plan on being fully private.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Joelness said:

Personally, I will never pay dues at a course that isn't private (maybe sans $175+ public rates). That was just one of the things I learned from my CO National days. From a base-level the incentives are not there for the ownership/leadership of the club to take care of their members. At the end of the day they already have the member dues so they end up prioritizing the public over the members. Some clubs might get lucky and have leadership that understands this dynamic and overcomes it but in the end the incentive says otherwise.

Semi-private means public with higher rates. That's the only difference. Treat any semi-private membership the same as buying an annual pass at a public course. If you expect anything else you will be disappointed.

If anything semi private means getting the worst parts of both private and public courses. You have a****** members that are pissed off because they think they are at a private course and public players who also expect everything to be much better than a public course and want their full money's worth.

Edited by Dancin
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, Joelness said:

4 hours ago, Dancin said:

Semi-private means public with higher rates. That's the only difference. Treat any semi-private membership the same as buying an annual pass at a public course. If you expect anything else you will be disappointed.

If anything semi private means getting the worst parts of both private and public courses. You have a****** members that are pissed off because they think they are at a private course and public players who also expect everything to be much better than a public course and want their full money's worth.

This all makes a lot of sense. I do hope Rain Dance “makes it,” whatever that means, but I won’t be forking over any members fees. I’ll try to squeeze everything I can out of the one year membership, but I’ll be good after that. 

All these conversations about where and how to play are so interesting and I love learning more about what the proper considerations are. Unless I can start playing a bunch more, I think playing nine at Collindale on the weekends and the random rounds here or there and a few tournaments a year will be just right. If I could play a lot more, I’d probably join FCCC. 

• Like 3

Driver - TM Mini BRNR 11.5, HZRDUS Smoke Black 6.5

2i- Ping Blueprint

3i-PW - TM P7MB, KBS Tour X

Wedges - Vokey SM9 (52, 56, 60) all M grinds

Putter - PLD Anser

Ball - Bridgestone BXS

On 10/8/2022 at 7:58 PM, Dancin said:

Yes. It deserves it's top 100 world ranking. I like Ballyneal better but it's excellent.

On 10/9/2022 at 3:33 PM, CDM said:

Bally and PD are both EXCELLENT, each deserving of the praise they receive.   

loved it. prairie dunes is a wonderful golf course and I feel we got a petty great experience. It was cold and windy (50s with 2-3 clubs of wind all morning and 1-3 clubs in the afternoon) - based on my conversation with @CDM it seems we had the opposite from prevailing wind (dead into the wind on 7) but the course was still really fun. Driving is the worst part of my game and I lost a few balls but overall it was generous enough off the tee and then the approaches, greens and surrounds were really cool. Greens so pure too

The par 3s we’re really amazing and so hard. I hit the green on 2 both rounds but made bogies (second go was alt shot and partner hit a rough first putt but I did the same round 1). Love the shot on 10 - may have been slightly easier into the wind as that seems a hard hole to hold the green downwind?

The fried egg event was neat - fun format of best ball in the morning and we got to play with our buddies who made the trip with us and then alt shot with 4 balls so 8 golfers in the afternoon was nice to get to meet more people and see a decent number of shots. For the most part everyone played alt shot better than I expected. A few ping pongs across greens as people dealt with short game woes with slightly more pressure. Super fun. Look forward to making it back to PD some day. 

And I like Ballyneal ever so slightly more, too. It’s like choosing favorite models or sports cars it comes down to taste and preference but both are top 6 courses I’ve ever played just Ballyneal is slightly more in my lane 

played wolf creek golf club just outside KC Sunday. It was hard and not very good but an interesting experience.

then we played Flint Hills National yesterday just outside Wichita and it was really good! Fun course and an amazing property/clubhouse etc. flying home today. 

that ends your Kansas trip report in the Colorado thread. /derail 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, 007iron said:

loved it. prairie dunes is a wonderful golf course and I feel we got a petty great experience. It was cold and windy (50s with 2-3 clubs of wind all morning and 1-3 clubs in the afternoon) - based on my conversation with @CDM it seems we had the opposite from prevailing wind (dead into the wind on 7) but the course was still really fun. Driving is the worst part of my game and I lost a few balls but overall it was generous enough off the tee and then the approaches, greens and surrounds were really cool. Greens so pure too

The par 3s we’re really amazing and so hard. I hit the green on 2 both rounds but made bogies (second go was alt shot and partner hit a rough first putt but I did the same round 1). Love the shot on 10 - may have been slightly easier into the wind as that seems a hard hole to hold the green downwind?

The fried egg event was neat - fun format of best ball in the morning and we got to play with our buddies who made the trip with us and then alt shot with 4 balls so 8 golfers in the afternoon was nice to get to meet more people and see a decent number of shots. For the most part everyone played alt shot better than I expected. A few ping pongs across greens as people dealt with short game woes with slightly more pressure. Super fun. Look forward to making it back to PD some day. 

And I like Ballyneal ever so slightly more, too. It’s like choosing favorite models or sports cars it comes down to taste and preference but both are top 6 courses I’ve ever played just Ballyneal is slightly more in my lane 

played wolf creek golf club just outside KC Sunday. It was hard and not very good but an interesting experience.

then we played Flint Hills National yesterday just outside Wichita and it was really good! Fun course and an amazing property/clubhouse etc. flying home today. 

that ends your Kansas trip report in the Colorado thread. /derail 

Glad you enjoyed it.   What tees did they have you play?

Having just gone a week prior the "gunch" is down compared to normal.  Loosing balls is the norm if you get outside the fairways.  During peak season the "gunch" is pretty much a "water' hazard.   *You may never find your ball but will probably find 4-5 other balls 😀  

#10 is normally "downwind" and depending on how hard it is blowing it can be very hard to hold.  Small green, slightly elevated, normally firm and a shot not struck well will skip right off.  

Know a number of people now who have played both and it really is a 50/50 split on which they prefer. Really comes down to how the "feel" of the course is to them or what fits their "eye"  better.   Can not go wrong with either.

Edit:  Did the greens seem to match what you have read about them or what you expected.   #2 green can be pretty tough when the green is playing fast.  If you get on the top self and have a putt down to the front right side you have to worry about hitting it to hard or it could roll off and potentially go down the slope in front...! 

Edited by CDM

7 hours ago, CDM said:

#2 green can be pretty tough when the green is playing fast.  If you get on the top self and have a putt down to the front right side you have to worry about hitting it to hard or it could roll off and potentially go down the slope in front...! 

CDM has a lot of experience with putting off 2 green 🤣

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, CDM said:

Glad you enjoyed it.   What tees did they have you play?

Having just gone a week prior the "gunch" is down compared to normal.  Loosing balls is the norm if you get outside the fairways.  During peak season the "gunch" is pretty much a "water' hazard.   *You may never find your ball but will probably find 4-5 other balls 😀  

#10 is normally "downwind" and depending on how hard it is blowing it can be very hard to hold.  Small green, slightly elevated, normally firm and a shot not struck well will skip right off.  

Know a number of people now who have played both and it really is a 50/50 split on which they prefer. Really comes down to how the "feel" of the course is to them or what fits their "eye"  better.   Can not go wrong with either.

Edit:  Did the greens seem to match what you have read about them or what you expected.   #2 green can be pretty tough when the green is playing fast.  If you get on the top self and have a putt down to the front right side you have to worry about hitting it to hard or it could roll off and potentially go down the slope in front...! 

We played a gold/blue combo in the morning (way too long for the cold/windy conditions and a bunch of randoms who had mostly never seen the course before). Then the blue/white combo in the afternoon; Andy and his team seem to have set the pins and tees; it was definitely fun to see it two different ways.

The pin was back middle on #2 and I hit it pin high left and 3 putted and then pin high right and we team 3-putted so that was a tough spot. So many shots went from above the hole off the front in or near the front left bunkers. Wild green.

Yes the greens matched what I was told about and read about - they were rolling great but had a lot of interesting breaks; some very obvious and some subtle. So many false edges where the ball rolled away - It was a really great day on an awesome course.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, 007iron said:

We played a gold/blue combo in the morning (way too long for the cold/windy conditions and a bunch of randoms who had mostly never seen the course before). Then the blue/white combo in the afternoon; Andy and his team seem to have set the pins and tees; it was definitely fun to see it two different ways.

The pin was back middle on #2 and I hit it pin high left and 3 putted and then pin high right and we team 3-putted so that was a tough spot. So many shots went from above the hole off the front in or near the front left bunkers. Wild green.

Yes the greens matched what I was told about and read about - they were rolling great but had a lot of interesting breaks; some very obvious and some subtle. So many false edges where the ball rolled away - It was a really great day on an awesome course.

Top left on the correct level was a great shot.  Breaks way more right then people see from that location.   A pin top right on #2 ....that was a bit rude 🤣  

There is only a handful of holes that don't have false edges.  The right side of 17th has to be on of the "stronger" false edge I have seen on a course.  The smallest or one of the smallest greens and only 75% of the green is "useable" because of the false front/edges.  *Still wonder how they even mow that side... 

EDIT: 17th false side

Resized_20221007_121033.jpeg

Edited by CDM
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, CDM said:

@Dancin, friends and I played 4 Mile Ranch Saturday.  Great fun even with some wind. Always forget how much fun that course is.   Now I just need to figure out what happened to my putting so I don't 3 putt 10 to 11 greens again......!!!!  🤣

Just 10 or 11? Tell me your secrets! 🤣

1 hour ago, pseudoswede said:

Just 10 or 11? Tell me your secrets! 🤣

Wish I knew, I guess just miss every putt inside 3 feet or less???   HAHAHAHA     It was crazy how bad it was..! 

@Dancin and I both both had birdie putts on the par 5 15th.  @Dancinputted his in first and after making it stated "No pressure now since I made it already...."    /add in some good sarcasm tone to that 😂

• Like 2

3 hours ago, 007iron said:

A lot of snow coming down in the Glenwood area today 😟

Not a lot of warming up in the 10-day forecast - let's hope to get a few good weeks before Thanksgiving or this could be one of the earliest ends of golf season in my 10 years up here

Staying in Basalt next weekend for a hockey tournament. Even if the weather is okay, not sure if I have time to hit the links nearby on Saturday.

• Like 1