2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

Colorado WRX 2022

pseudoswede

4.4 rating on Google! Found a scorecard...

image.png.360c6261ff01a76021ab52cba4c9bc1c.png

7 and 9 are basically the only par 4s on the course. Unless you're @Joelness or @TheKrushh, then they're all par 3s. 😄 

Edited by pseudoswede
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Live in Colorado? Visit Colorado WRX!

Ping G410 LST 9° Ventus Black 7X

Callaway Apex Pro 2H 18° MMT 80 HB XS
Ping S55 3-PW DG X100 (orange dot)
Ping Glide 52°, 56° (orange dot)

Titleist Vokey SM2 Red Saw 60° (to be retired)

Ping Glide 4.0 60° (orange dot) (soon)
Odyssey Works Big T V-Line CS 33.5"
Front Range Golf Club (frgclub.com)

21 hours ago, Dancin said:

This is pretty good. I had to look up some of these because I couldn't believe they were real.

https://www.golfdigest.com/story/americas-worst-golf-holes-head-scratching-designs-love-to-hate

Wish I could add a few submissions...there's two from Saddle Rock alone that I'd add to the list!  

• Like 1

On 11/16/2022 at 5:08 PM, Dancin said:

This is pretty good. I had to look up some of these because I couldn't believe they were real.

https://www.golfdigest.com/story/americas-worst-golf-holes-head-scratching-designs-love-to-hate

Surprised not to see City Park Nine's #3 where the green is OB on the tee shot, but not on any shot thereafter.  Loved that course and had a lot of great times there, but that's a strange hole.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, whitemb said:

Surprised not to see City Park Nine's #3 where the green is OB on the tee shot, but not on any shot thereafter.  Loved that course and had a lot of great times there, but that's a strange hole.

Haha, that hole is something else! First time I played it, I hit seven iron off the tee through the ninety degree dog leg and into the creek. So now it’s just 8 iron to the corner, then a 100 yard shot to green. Last time I played it the pin was on the front mound which is about the size of an upside down bathtub and they had the greens running crazy fast and I thought I hit a decent approach and it rolled off that mound to the back and I four putted, couldn’t get it on top of the upside down bathtub. 

Driver - TM Mini BRNR 11.5, HZRDUS Smoke Black 6.5

2i- Ping Blueprint

3i-PW - TM P7MB, KBS Tour X

Wedges - Vokey SM9 (52, 56, 60) all M grinds

Putter - PLD Anser

Ball - Bridgestone BXS

1 minute ago, bobbyclampett!! said:

Haha, that hole is something else! First time I played it, I hit seven iron off the tee through the ninety degree dog leg and into the creek. So now it’s just 8 iron to the corner, then a 100 yard shot to green. Last time I played it the pin was on the front mound which is about the size of an upside down bathtub and they had the greens running crazy fast and I thought I hit a decent approach and it rolled off that mound to the back and I four putted, couldn’t get it on top of the upside down bathtub. 

Ha!  I'd forgotten all about that f***ing mound!  Good times!

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, ASak10 said:

Wish I could add a few submissions...there's two from Saddle Rock alone that I'd add to the list!  

14 hours ago, whitemb said:

6 and 11?

Nah, I think he means 10, or wait, was it 14? Nah, had to be 5, or 7?

God I hate that course. I literally think I liked haystack better and they cut their greens at 1"

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Joelness said:

God I hate that course. I literally think I liked haystack better and they cut their greens at 1"

11 is dumb - split fairway par 5, forced layup tee shot, with no hope of clearing the ditch because of trees right off the tee box and the ditch is giant and at like 300-350. In fact, none of the par 5s there are really that scoreable. Only played it once. That’ll probably be the only time. 

• Like 3

Driver - Callaway Paradym TD Night Mode | 10.5° | HZRDUS RDX Blue 60g 6.5  

5w - Callaway Paradym TD | 18° | HZRDUS Smoke Black 70g 6.5 

Hybrid - Titleist TSi2 | 21° | HZRDUS Black RDX 90g 6.5

Irons - Callaway X Forged (2024) | 4-PW | N.S. Pro Modus120x 

Wedges - Callaway Jaws Raw | 50° 54° 58° | DG S400 

Putter - 2023 Bettinardi Studio B Reserve QB6 

Bag - Vessel Player IV Pro (Gray) 

Ball - Z Star XV 

17 minutes ago, bardezart said:

11 is dumb - split fairway par 5, forced layup tee shot, with no hope of clearing the ditch because of trees right off the tee box and the ditch is giant and at like 300-350. In fact, none of the par 5s there are really that scoreable. Only played it once. That’ll probably be the only time. 

The irony is I just can't put my finger on why I hate it so much. I think it was just my overall feeling that my favorite holes there were a 5/10 and my least favorite were 0, with wayyyyy too many 1's and 2's.

1 hour ago, bardezart said:

Oh man, I probably have no greater pet peeve than a par five that forces you to lay up off the tee to a cross hazard. Par 5s should be all about blasting your drive as far as possible and, if you do, rewarding you with a chance to go for it in two, and if you don't, three shot hole. Forced lay up off the tee on a par 5 is enough to make me dislike an entire course and never want to play there again. 

16 at Southridge in Fort Collins is like this. Maybe one of my least favorite holes of all time. You literally have to hit like a 6 or even 7 iron off the tee, as any longer club will absolutely just run straight into a hazard on the right, with like no fairway after 200 yards and a severe slope from left to right. Then once you hit your 7 iron like 180 off the tee, you have like 265 to a tiny green that is guarded heavily by overhanging trees and a creek in front, so you basically cannot go for it, and are forced to layup again with like another 7 or 6 iron. So so so dumb. I don't really play Southridge because of that hole (there are a few other gimicky ones like that out there, too).

• Like 3

2i- Ping Blueprint

Putter - PLD Anser

Ball - Bridgestone BXS

14 minutes ago, bobbyclampett!! said:

Oh man, I probably have no greater pet peeve than a par five that forces you to lay up off the tee to a cross hazard. Par 5s should be all about blasting your drive as far as possible and, if you do, rewarding you with a chance to go for it in two, and if you don't, three shot hole. Forced lay up off the tee on a par 5 is enough to make me dislike an entire course and never want to play there again. 

16 at Southridge in Fort Collins is like this. Maybe one of my least favorite holes of all time. You literally have to hit like a 6 or even 7 iron off the tee, as any longer club will absolutely just run straight into a hazard on the right, with like no fairway after 200 yards and a severe slope from left to right. Then once you hit your 7 iron like 180 off the tee, you have like 265 to a tiny green that is guarded heavily by overhanging trees and a creek in front, so you basically cannot go for it, and are forced to layup again with like another 7 or 6 iron. So so so dumb. I don't really play Southridge because of that hole (there are a few other gimicky ones like that out there, too).

I definitely agree with #16 at Southridge.  For long hitters it is still a blast away hole but you better be straight.  Slight left or right will lead to issues, especially a little right.

Driver:  TaylorMade 300 Mini 11.5° (10.2°), Fujikura Ventus Blue 5S Velocore

3W:  TaylorMade M4 15°, Graphite Design Tour AD DI 7S

Hybrid:  TaylorMade Sim2 2 Iron Hybrid 17°, Mitsubishi Tensai AV Raw Blue 80 stiff

Irons:  Mizuno Pro 223 4-PW, Nippon Modus3 Tour 120 stiff

GW / SW: Mizuno T-22, 52° (bent to 50°)/ 56° (bent to 54°), True Temper S400

LW:  Scratch Golf 1018 forged 58° DS, Nippon Modus3 Tour 120 stiff

Putter:  Byron Morgan Epic Day custom, Salty MidPlus cork grip

Grips:  BestGrips Augusta Microperf leather slip on

22 minutes ago, RobotDoctor said:

I definitely agree with #16 at Southridge.  For long hitters it is still a blast away hole but you better be straight.  Slight left or right will lead to issues, especially a little right.

Haha, the first time I played it, I had been joined up with a couple of guys who I didn't know and, suffice to say, I played the course a little differently than they did. When we got to 16, I was like, "Uh, what's this?" Landing area was blind and a giant net to the left guarding Lemay. And they were like "Honestly, I don't know where to tell you to aim. How about over the third pole?" I proceeded to smoke a drive straight over the top of the third pole (and, thusly, straight over heavy traffic on Lemay, which is another sign of a bad hole that I left out in my description above). Needless to say, we never found that ball. Bounded straight into the hazard, I'm sure. I don't know what the true line would be for a long drive there... over like the sixth or seventh pole? But at that point the ball would be descending back in and not make it over the net. I don't know, maybe Joel or the Krush know. It seems like it would be nearly impossible to hit that fairway with a 280-320 yard drive. It's just a real bad hole.

2i- Ping Blueprint

Putter - PLD Anser

Ball - Bridgestone BXS

I had no idea that SR was so widely reviled.  Before my recent 7-year hiatus from golf, I played roughly half my rounds at SR and the other half at Murphy as part of the joint men's group.  I felt like the conditions were always good at SR, especially the greens.  All that said, I don't disagree that 2, 4, 6, 10, 11 and 12 dictate exactly how they must be played (which isn't particularly fun) and that the course, in general, disfavors the driver. 

Edited by whitemb
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, whitemb said:

I had no idea that SR was so widely reviled.  Before my recent 7-year hiatus from golf, I played roughly half my rounds at SR and the other half at Murphy as part of the joint men's group.  I felt like the conditions were always good at SR, especially the greens.  All that said, I don't disagree that 2, 4, 6, 10, 11 and 12 dictate exactly how they must be played (which isn't particularly fun) and that the course, in general, disfavors the driver. 

I agree SR is usually in really good condition and I do love their greens. They are fast and firm and true and have more interesting undulations than Collindale. 

Your list made me remember: no. 9! Driver literally prohibited because hole wraps ninety degrees around houses. Another seven iron off the tee. It’s actually kinda fun, if one is not too much of a snob about it (which I clearly am, haha). 

2i- Ping Blueprint

Putter - PLD Anser

Ball - Bridgestone BXS

5 hours ago, bobbyclampett!! said:

I once played a par 5 in the Northeast (can't remember the name of the course at all) that had a par 5 with TWO cross creeks. Plus, the creeks had various shrubs and cattails so high that you couldn't see over them to where you were hitting! I remember I hit three blind five irons to get to the green. Worst hole I ever played.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, bobbyclampett!! said:

I agree SR is usually in really good condition and I do love their greens. They are fast and firm and true and have more interesting undulations than Collindale. 

Your list made me remember: no. 9! Driver literally prohibited because hole wraps ninety degrees around houses. Another seven iron off the tee. It’s actually kinda fun, if one is not too much of a snob about it (which I clearly am, haha). 

#16 was a lot more interesting before the fence went up.   

#9 was also more interesting before they created the pond in front of the green.  

Those two holes definitely define two of the several reasons I don’t care much for  SR.  While Collindale may be flatter and greens less undulating, I find Collindale much more pleasurable to play.  

Hybrid:  TaylorMade Sim2 2 Iron Hybrid 17°, Mitsubishi Tensai AV Raw Blue 80 stiff

2 hours ago, RobotDoctor said:

#16 was a lot more interesting before the fence went up.   

#9 was also more interesting before they created the pond in front of the green.  

Those two holes definitely define two of the several reasons I don’t care much for  SR.  While Collindale may be flatter and greens less undulating, I find Collindale much more pleasurable to play.  

I agree, love golf courses that are just out in front of you and require you to hit good shots. 

oh man, I can just see the carnage on Lemay without that net!! 🤣🤣 I mean that hole basically requires you to hit your tee shot right down the middle of one of the busiest streets in Fort Collins. 😂

• Haha 1

2i- Ping Blueprint

Putter - PLD Anser

Ball - Bridgestone BXS

Yeah, the tee shot was straight over Lemay.  Hook one and you're over Lemay to the left.  Slightly pull one or hit one thin and hope there's no cars on the road.  Push or fade one and you're in the big ditch.  As it is now a driver could be hit but the margin of error is very thin.  You have to hug the net with a draw that isn't too big to fly into the net.  #16 is simply not a great hole because of the net but I definitely understand why the city put the net up. 

On 11/18/2022 at 11:58 AM, whitemb said:

City of Aurora courses ranked:

1. Murphy Creek 

2. Meadow Hills

3. Aurora Hills 

4. Saddle Rock 

5. Spring Hill 

If you like Saddle Rock because of the green conditions you’re going to LOVE Aurora Hills. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

47 minutes ago, ztull said:

1. Murphy Creek 

2. Meadow Hills

3. Aurora Hills 

4. Saddle Rock 

5. Spring Hill 

If you like Saddle Rock because of the green conditions you’re going to LOVE Aurora Hills. 

This is actually very helpful for me - thank you!

6 hours ago, ztull said:

1. Murphy Creek 

2. Meadow Hills

3. Aurora Hills 

4. Saddle Rock 

5. Spring Hill 

I like Meadow Hills a lot. I've only played it one weekend for the Aurora Am because it's always the same weekend as the Boulder Am. At least I made some $ and they had a golf cart cover so it has already saved me more strokes later on too!

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Joelness said:

I have no idea what changed but now I'm a -2 NGV on TG?!?!?

Pretty sweet! Lets see if I can use it to play Nanea G.C. in Hawaii over Christmas for my brother's 35th. Nope, nobody accepting requests. I'll have my pro call and see if it's possible.

image.png.9c5f1b509245887a78ab72148d50094a.png

I tried the same and no response either. We were in Maui in January but we thought about jumping over for a couple of days if I could get on.  Looks sweet. 

EDIT:  Joking with Dancin I feel I will get the same response for a course I want to play in New Zealand next March   🤣

Edited by CDM

Oh boy, what did I start with my Saddle hatred 😂 Wasn't able to log on for a few days but yeah, I really don't like that course.  

On 11/17/2022 at 6:13 PM, whitemb said:

6 and 11?

On 11/18/2022 at 8:48 AM, Joelness said:

Ha!  I was thinking 10 and 11 specifically when I posted.  6 doesn't bother me as much as those two, but the approach shot is pretty dumb and that green is a joke with certain pin placements.  I'm glad I'm not the only one who doesn't like that course, some of my golf buddies think I'm nuts and they love it.  I don't get it.  

10 hours ago, ztull said:

1. Murphy Creek 

2. Meadow Hills

3. Aurora Hills 

4. Saddle Rock 

5. Spring Hill 

Springhill last?!?! I love that little executive course!  I would play that all day over Saddle and Aurora Hills.  I love the space back there to with no homes, the horse properties all around, the gun shots from the police training range (wait, maybe not that part)...but I do really like it.  I just always have fun playing it.  I also love Homestead too so maybe I have a soft spot for those types of places.  

Murphy was one of my personal favorites for a long time but all the construction and homes going up are killing me.  Agree with @Joelness on Meadow Hills though, that is a really fun track.  

On 11/21/2022 at 2:55 PM, Dancin said:

You hosted at least two people without playing anywhere else or they made a mistake.

I hosted one TG member and his son. Last time I logged on it showed me as -1 and made me pay to log in. Since I only joined in July or so and hosted someone without anyone hosting me I had basically decided to drop TG.

Then all of a sudden I login yesterday and it was -2 and allowed me to login. Works for me

Edited by Joelness
  • Like 1