Colorado WRX 2022

pseudoswede

3 hours ago, Joelness said:

I hosted one TG member and his son. Last time I logged on it showed me as -1 and made me pay to log in. Since I only joined in July or so and hosted someone without anyone hosting me I had basically decided to drop TG.

Then all of a sudden I login yesterday and it was -1 and allowed me to login. Works for me

If your pro can't get you on Nanea, but you can get on another private course on any of the islands in Hawaii, when you check in chat up the people working there and mention that you had tried to get on Nanea too but didn't have any luck. Most of the pros in Hawaii know all the others and they often will offer to make a call for you assuming you are flexible and willing to pay unaccompanied rates.

On 11/21/2022 at 5:04 PM, ASak10 said:

This all reminds me of that stupid par 5 on the back at Blackstone too....I haven't played there in a while and only played there a handful of times, but I remember 13 having two forced carries over ravines/streams with a dumb approach shot.  I always hated that hole.  

Really don’t like Blackstone. Target golf bonanza. I have a BIG soft spot for Black Beat though…

• Like 3

On 11/21/2022 at 12:51 PM, Joelness said:

I have no idea what changed but now I'm a -2 NGV on TG?!?!?

Pretty sweet! Lets see if I can use it to play Nanea G.C. in Hawaii over Christmas for my brother's 35th. Nope, nobody accepting requests. I'll have my pro call and see if it's possible.

image.png.9c5f1b509245887a78ab72148d50094a.png

I can talk Nanea, a joint venture between Charles Schwab (Chuck, the person, not the company) and George Roberts the dude who owns, drumroll please, Safeway.

Its possible to get out there, but you need someone who has spent a while pounding pavement for Chuck (a good friend was able to access it starting year 7) or someone HIGH up in CPG (other friend who got out is the president of Anheuser).

You will also have to bring that person with you, it’s my understanding that unaccompanied play is only arraigned through Chuck’s daughter.

I wish you luck with this, it’s impossible to drive around the big island and not this this is the PERFECT place to build a links course.

Very different from Nanea, but Hamakua Country Club, a Big Island honor box course, is a favorite. I also think it’s the best deal, golf or otherwise on the island. I played with my wife a couple years ago, the daily rate x 2, rental clubs, cart, and a cooler of beer came out to $76.

20 hours ago, Dancin said:

If your pro can't get you on Nanea, but you can get on another private course on any of the islands in Hawaii, when you check in chat up the people working there and mention that you had tried to get on Nanea too but didn't have any luck. Most of the pros in Hawaii know all the others and they often will offer to make a call for you assuming you are flexible and willing to pay unaccompanied rates.

1 hour ago, ztull said:

I can talk Nanea, a joint venture between Charles Schwab (Chuck, the person, not the company) and George Roberts the dude who owns, drumroll please, Safeway.

Its possible to get out there, but you need someone who has spent a while pounding pavement for Chuck (a good friend was able to access it starting year 7) or someone HIGH up in CPG (other friend who got out is the president of Anheuser).

You will also have to bring that person with you, it’s my understanding that unaccompanied play is only arraigned through Chuck’s daughter.

I wish you luck with this, it’s impossible to drive around the big island and not this this is the PERFECT place to build a links course.

Very different from Nanea, but Hamakua Country Club, a Big Island honor box course, is a favorite. I also think it’s the best deal, golf or otherwise on the island. I played with my wife a couple years ago, the daily rate x 2, rental clubs, cart, and a cooler of beer came out to $76.

Great advice gentlemen! I love these guys! I didn't think we would get on but I figured I would try anyway. I ended up submitting a request for Kohanaiki. Less than 10% successful so I won't be holding my breath

I had the pleasure to meet up with @Joelness today at LPGA International in Daytona Beach for a quick lunch and a session on the pitching green and putting green.  We’ve been meaning to meet up for quite some time but something always happened to not make that happen.  Ironic we meet up in Florida for the first time.  I had a terrific time.  Until we meet again, be well my friend.  

• Like 2

Driver:  TaylorMade 300 Mini 11.5° (10.2°), Fujikura Ventus Blue 5S Velocore

3W:  TaylorMade M4 15°, Graphite Design Tour AD DI 7S

Hybrid:  TaylorMade Sim2 2 Iron Hybrid 17°, Mitsubishi Tensai AV Raw Blue 80 stiff

Irons:  Mizuno Pro 223 4-PW, Nippon Modus3 Tour 120 stiff

GW / SW: Mizuno T-22, 52° (bent to 50°)/ 56° (bent to 54°), True Temper S400

LW:  Scratch Golf 1018 forged 58° DS, Nippon Modus3 Tour 120 stiff

Putter:  Byron Morgan Epic Day custom, Salty MidPlus cork grip

Grips:  BestGrips Augusta Microperf leather slip on

On 11/25/2022 at 2:42 PM, RobotDoctor said:

I had the pleasure to meet up with @Joelness today at LPGA International in Daytona Beach for a quick lunch and a session on the pitching green and putting green.  We’ve been meaning to meet up for quite some time but something always happened to not make that happen.  Ironic we meet up in Florida for the first time.  I had a terrific time.  Until we meet again, be well my friend.  

It was a great time. I hit some full-ish 20 yard bunker shots and was so thrilled I got eye-rolls far and wide.

Tbh, I was pretty sore the rest of the day @RobotDoctor.

Speaking of, yesterday after I got home I decided it was time to make some full swings (as soft as I can.) I hit 28 lob wedges on the sim and I'm pretty sore this morning. Baby steps! 

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Joelness said:

It was a great time. I hit some full-ish 20 yard bunker shots and was so thrilled I got eye-rolls far and wide.

Tbh, I was pretty sore the rest of the day @RobotDoctor.

Speaking of, yesterday after I got home I decided it was time to make some full swings (as soft as I can.) I hit 28 lob wedges on the sim and I'm pretty sore this morning. Baby steps! 

Baby steps is right but you'll get there. I'll start putting in my work now as the temps are cooler and more suitable for longer range sessions. Hopefully this will create a more sound foundation so that my next go around at the Invitational will produce more confidence and my swing won't fold like a cheap lawn chair.  😁  Hopefully you'll be in full swing mode next June and hopefully I'll be able to make the 2023 Collindale Invitational.  Until then, keep improving those hips and stay healthy.

• Like 1

Driver:  TaylorMade 300 Mini 11.5° (10.2°), Fujikura Ventus Blue 5S Velocore

3W:  TaylorMade M4 15°, Graphite Design Tour AD DI 7S

Hybrid:  TaylorMade Sim2 2 Iron Hybrid 17°, Mitsubishi Tensai AV Raw Blue 80 stiff

Irons:  Mizuno Pro 223 4-PW, Nippon Modus3 Tour 120 stiff

GW / SW: Mizuno T-22, 52° (bent to 50°)/ 56° (bent to 54°), True Temper S400

LW:  Scratch Golf 1018 forged 58° DS, Nippon Modus3 Tour 120 stiff

Putter:  Byron Morgan Epic Day custom, Salty MidPlus cork grip

Grips:  BestGrips Augusta Microperf leather slip on

3 hours ago, RobotDoctor said:

Baby steps is right but you'll get there. I'll start putting in my work now as the temps are cooler and more suitable for longer range sessions. Hopefully this will create a more sound foundation so that my next go around at the Invitational will produce more confidence and my swing won't fold like a cheap lawn chair.  😁  Hopefully you'll be in full swing mode next June and hopefully I'll be able to make the 2023 Collindale Invitational.  Until then, keep improving those hips and stay healthy.

There you go. Your best bet on being a better ball striker is to go strike thousands of balls. Seems almost too obvious

Oh yeah, I'll be full swing mode by March. Either way I'm going to Hawaii over Christmas and clubs will be swung. They might be swung terribly, but they will be swung.

• Like 2

Mevo+ just arrived in the mail yesterday. Not on the same level as @Joelness' GC Quad (ONE DAY) but it should be fun to tinker with next season. I only plan to use it outdoors for the time being, no space indoors where the lady and I are currently living. After dialing it in, Joel, it would be fun to get it out next to your Quad on a range somewhere to see how it compares and to let me know if I wasted my money or not 😆

Edited by bardezart
  • Like 1

Driver - Callaway Paradym TD Night Mode | 10.5° | HZRDUS RDX Blue 60g 6.5  

5w - Callaway Paradym TD | 18° | HZRDUS Smoke Black 70g 6.5 

Hybrid - Titleist TSi2 | 21° | HZRDUS Black RDX 90g 6.5

Irons - Callaway X Forged (2024) | 4-PW | N.S. Pro Modus120x 

Wedges - Callaway Jaws Raw | 50° 54° 58° | DG S400 

Putter - 2023 Bettinardi Studio B Reserve QB6 

Bag - Vessel Player IV Pro (Gray) 

Ball - Z Star XV 

6 hours ago, bardezart said:

Mevo+ just arrived in the mail yesterday. Not on the same level as @Joelness' GC Quad (ONE DAY) but it should be fun to tinker with next season. I only plan to use it outdoors for the time being, no space indoors where the lady and I are currently living. After dialing it in, Joel, it would be fun to get it out next to your Quad on a range somewhere to see how it compares and to let me know if I wasted my money or not 😆

The hard part will be waiting until next season. How are you going to make it?!?!

Feel free to get your winter time practice at mi casa in the meantime.

17 hours ago, Joelness said:

The hard part will be waiting until next season. How are you going to make it?!?!

Feel free to get your winter time practice at mi casa in the meantime.

I am currently debating whether or not to hang a blanket in a doorway and just hit chips into it 🤔 weather on Friday looks decent so hopefully the snow's gone and I can get out to Coal or Walnut's range. You're up near Loveland/Berthoud now right?  

Ball - Z Star XV 

12 minutes ago, bardezart said:

I am currently debating whether or not to hang a blanket in a doorway and just hit chips into it 🤔 weather on Friday looks decent so hopefully the snow's gone and I can get out to Coal or Walnut's range. You're up near Loveland/Berthoud now right?  

I'm not that far. I live on 12 at The Fox Hill Club in Longmont. I'm basically on the SE side of longmont off 119 and County Line. Sadly, still in Boulder county.

Edited by Joelness

8 minutes ago, Joelness said:

I'm not that far. I live on 12 at The Fox Hill Club in Longmont. I'm basically on the SE side of longmont off 119 and County Line. Sadly, still in Boulder county.

Oh. For some reason I thought you moved further north. Had a friend ask what kind of mat you’re hitting off of for your set up. CC Elite? 

Ball - Z Star XV 

2 hours ago, bardezart said:

Oh. For some reason I thought you moved further north. Had a friend ask what kind of mat you’re hitting off of for your set up. CC Elite? 

Ooof, I'm not sure. Tbh, I bought the Eagle Plus Package from Foresight. They had a deal going at the time and I could have bought all the parts separate but it would've only saved me $1k-$2k and it wasn't worth the hassle at the time.

Their site says it's a Fiberbuilt mat. I'm not sure what model it is as I threw the box away 13 months ago. Tbh, it's a REALLY SOLID mat. 13 months after setup and I can't find any wear on it. It doesn't melt to my clubs like others or anything, pretty impressive now that I think about it.

My only complaint is the included computer isn't very powerful so I haven't even tried to install the new Foresight software (FSX Play) as the computer given is too weak to handle the new graphics. Speaking of, any nerds out there with a 20 or 30 series Geforce video card that can fit in a mini-ATX case? 😅

Edited by Joelness
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, Joelness said:

Speaking of, any nerds out there with a 20 or 30 series Geforce video card that can fit in a mini-ATX case? 😅

One of the best investments I made was buying two heavy-as-bleep ATX cases long before stupid plexiglass windows and RGB lights were a thing. Every few years, I simply swap out the motherboard, CPU, and sometimes RAM for something a bit newer. I don't really game (but I did luck out and buy a nice gaming computer for the kids right before the pandemic started and graphics cards prices skyrocketed for a while). The nice thing about ATX cases is that they are also configured to accept mini and micro-ATX motherboards.

• Like 1

Live in Colorado? Visit Colorado WRX!

Ping G410 LST 9° Ventus Black 7X

Callaway Apex Pro 2H 18° MMT 80 HB XS
Ping S55 3-PW DG X100 (orange dot)
Ping Glide 52°, 56° (orange dot)

Titleist Vokey SM2 Red Saw 60° (to be retired)

Ping Glide 4.0 60° (orange dot) (soon)
Odyssey Works Big T V-Line CS 33.5"
Front Range Golf Club (frgclub.com)

28 minutes ago, pseudoswede said:

One of the best investments I made was buying two heavy-as-bleep ATX cases long before stupid plexiglass windows and RGB lights were a thing. Every few years, I simply swap out the motherboard, CPU, and sometimes RAM for something a bit newer. I don't really game (but I did luck out and buy a nice gaming computer for the kids right before the pandemic started and graphics cards prices skyrocketed for a while). The nice thing about ATX cases is that they are also configured to accept mini and micro-ATX motherboards.

I have my old machine that has a 2070 Super in it but its more like a Super-ATX case and sits at about 3 feet tall. My wife also claimed it for video editing so that won't work.

Anyone out there nearby want to be my range buddy today? I'm going to find out if I've graduated to 40 wedge swings yet.

27 minutes ago, Joelness said:

I have my old machine that has a 2070 Super in it but its more like a Super-ATX case and sits at about 3 feet tall. My wife also claimed it for video editing so that won't work.

Anyone out there nearby want to be my range buddy today? I'm going to find out if I've graduated to 40 wedge swings yet.

This bad boy is still 30% off ($700). I've also learned nowadays that it can simply be cheaper to buy off-the-shelf than try to build-by-parts.

https://www.costco.com/hp-victus-gaming-desktop---amd-ryzen-7-5700g---radeon-rx-6600xt.product.4000056482.html

• Like 1

Live in Colorado? Visit Colorado WRX!

Ping G410 LST 9° Ventus Black 7X

Callaway Apex Pro 2H 18° MMT 80 HB XS
Ping S55 3-PW DG X100 (orange dot)
Ping Glide 52°, 56° (orange dot)

Titleist Vokey SM2 Red Saw 60° (to be retired)

Ping Glide 4.0 60° (orange dot) (soon)
Odyssey Works Big T V-Line CS 33.5"
Front Range Golf Club (frgclub.com)

2 hours ago, pseudoswede said:

This bad boy is still 30% off ($700). I've also learned nowadays that it can simply be cheaper to buy off-the-shelf than try to build-by-parts.

https://www.costco.com/hp-victus-gaming-desktop---amd-ryzen-7-5700g---radeon-rx-6600xt.product.4000056482.html

Holy s***, that's cheap. This is definitely a new trend. It was always cheaper to build by parts.

• Like 1

On 11/30/2022 at 12:58 PM, pseudoswede said:

Good deal for that setup.

Hope everyone is doing well.  Looking for advice, items to think about when booking a large golf trip. We are roughly 90 days out and 90%+ booked but wondering if we maybe missed anything?   

IE: Last night someone mentioned to make sure the places we rent have a washer/dryer...?   Yea that was not on the list LOL......lucky they do... now why I am posting this 

The trip is going to  New Zealand, Tasmania and Australia.   

*Unless some new COVID rules or something happens in the next 90 days or so.

Quick shoutout to @Dancin for his help.  Though his advice added New Zealand...LOL    

@pseudoswede  we will not be making the F1  race now since we added New Zealand. You can blame @Dancin as the others thought it was a great idea 😃 

I have only done 5-6 day golf trips.  I have played outside the US but only if you count Canada and I don't  🤣  JK 

Calendar days it "looks" like a 18 day golf trip but it's not. Leave on a Saturday and land on Monday morning. Loose 2 days getting there.  Loose the day coming home.   

Loosing 3 days flying to/from and 2 more days jumping around it makes me wonder if 10 rounds in 13 days to much? 6 rounds are walking and 4 rounds you can take a cart if wanted but almost all walk in these countries. 

The current schedule only leaves 2-3 true down days for recouping. 

@Dancinwe are not doing 36 a day LOL   Maybe Barnbougle we will do 27... 

We have been extremely fortunate to get on some incredible courses 

Anyway hoping for some humble advice on things to think about that others have experienced that we may not be thinking of. 

Edited by CDM
  • Like 1

Here is the list of courses we have set. 

*Minus Tara iti as waiting until January to see if we can get on.

NZL

https://www.paraparaumubeachgolfclub.co.nz/

https://wairakeigolfcourse.co.nz/

https://www.titirangigolf.co.nz/

https://www.taraiti.com/     TBD 

https://tearai.com/     *If Tara iti is a no go will probably play here… though damn expensive and not sure worth the $$$...cost more then 4 rounds at top privates in MEL...! 

TAS 

https://barnbougle.com.au/     (Lost Farms / Dunes and short course) 

AUS 

https://www.peninsulakingswood.com.au/cms/  (North)

http://www.kingstonheath.melbourne/

https://www.royalmelbourne.com.au/cms/  (West) 

We have time for one more round in MEL (sort of) but wondering if we will be spent by then so we only booked 3 rounds as of right now: 

Optional courses that gracious members are willing to host  https://www.victoriagolf.com.au/cms/  or https://www.metropolitangolf.com.au/cms/ 

EDIT: Corrected the PK link....  not why it was listing PK and going to Metro???

Edited by CDM
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, CDM said:

Here is the list of courses we have set. 

*Minus Tara iti as waiting until January to see if we can get on.

NZL

https://www.paraparaumubeachgolfclub.co.nz/

https://wairakeigolfcourse.co.nz/

https://www.titirangigolf.co.nz/

https://www.taraiti.com/     TBD 

https://tearai.com/     *If Tara iti is a no go will probably play here… though damn expensive and not sure worth the $$$...cost more then 4 rounds at top privates in MEL...! 

TAS 

https://barnbougle.com.au/     (Lost Farms / Dunes and short course) 

AUS 

https://www.peninsulakingswood.com.au/cms/   (North)

http://www.kingstonheath.melbourne/

https://www.royalmelbourne.com.au/cms/  (West) 

We have time for one more round in MEL (sort of) but wondering if we will be spent by thens so we only booked 3 rounds as of right now: 

Optional courses that gracious members are willing to host  https://www.victoriagolf.com.au/cms/  or https://www.metropolitangolf.com.au/cms/ 

Please god tell me you at least considered Cape Kidnappers?!?!?! It's literally my favorite course in the world. Not just pretty either, it's an amazing track.

OMG, of course it's a Doak, right @Dancin?

2022 GD World #21

12fe0c2736c9f81b2153089c925cd56b--bay-ne
TRAVEL_CapeK_CliffsAfarWide_0129.jpg?404

Edited by Joelness
  • Like 2

26 minutes ago, Joelness said:

Please god tell me you at least considered Cape Kidnappers?!?!?! It's literally my favorite course in the world. Not just pretty either, it's an amazing track.

2022 GD World #21

The issue with Cape Kidnappers is that it is a hugely out of the way side trip and it's priced like Pebble Beach. Same with Kauri Cliffs and now Te Arai too (although Te Arai is at least accessible being only an hour or so outside a major city). They're all targeted at the very high end stay and play market. To do one of those costs 3-4 rounds at other courses.

He's playing the melbourne and barnbougle courses for around $100 or less vs $450 for one round at Cape Kidnappers (and the rooms there are also pebble beach price) and on top of it you pretty much have to spend a day to get to it unless you are willing to spring for a helicopter or private flight

Edited by Dancin
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, Dancin said:

The issue with Cape Kidnappers is that it is a hugely out of the way side trip and it's priced like Pebble Beach. Same with Kauri Cliffs and now Te Arai too (although Te Arai is at least accessible being only an hour or so outside a major city). They're all targeted at the very high end stay and play market. To do one of those costs 3-4 rounds at other courses.

He's playing the melbourne and barnbougle courses for around $100 or less vs $450 for one round at Cape Kidnappers (and the rooms there are also pebble beach price) and on top of it you pretty much have to spend a day to get to it unless you are willing to spring for a helicopter or private flight

This all makes sense to me. As long as it was considered because that track is easily worth that price. We ended up making it our southern stop as we flew to Auckland and took a flight there and spent the rest of our NZ trip driving back to Auckland (it wasn't a golf vacation, but a "we have to stop there since we will be in NZ.)

I also don't know what has changed since 2017 because we didn't have to stay anywhere. We didn't bring clubs or anything and all in with rentals it was about $525 each. Again, I wouldn't hesitate as this is by far my favorite course I have ever played.

Edited by Joelness
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, Joelness said:

This all makes sense to me. As long as it was considered because that track is easily worth that price. We ended up making it our southern stop as we flew to Auckland and took a flight there and spent the rest of our NZ trip driving back to Auckland (it wasn't a golf vacation, but a "we have to stop there since we will be in NZ.)

I also don't know what has changed since 2017 because we didn't have to stay anywhere. We didn't bring clubs or anything and all in with rentals it was about $525 each. Again, I wouldn't hesitate as this is by far my favorite course I have ever played.

They just finished a 7 month renovation of greens and fairways. It should be amazing if anyone is thinking of going. You can still play it without staying on property but it's also still a day trip out of the way of other courses you might want to play. It's about the same price you paid back then due to a weaker nzd.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Joelness said:

2022 GD World #21

12fe0c2736c9f81b2153089c925cd56b--bay-ne
TRAVEL_CapeK_CliffsAfarWide_0129.jpg?404

CK was for sure on the top of list as was Kauri Cliffs but actually getting there was the factor and then the price killed it. 

@Dancin knows my opinion on rankings (LOL) and he nailed the reasons why we decided to skip it. 

We used  https://www.top100golfcourses.com/  for reviews and it seems most feel it is a better indicator of courses.

Pretty hard to fork over $550-$600 CK wants when we can play Royal Melbourne, Kinston Heath, Barnbougle Dunes and Tara Iti (if we get on) which are all ahead in the rankings (again depending on website) and still have $170-$200 left for drinks for the price of one one round on CK or KC.   

As noted Te Arai as the backup is subject if we play it or not based on price point and I have feeling it will get dropped out. 

The one thing we realized real fast is the golf prices in NZL are a bit out of whack, more so how they NAIL "international" players.  Every course and I mean pretty much EVERY course in NZL all charge around 40%-50% or more to play and some almost double the rate for an "international" player.   *we are talking even the run of the mill muni's too 

Will admit that really is something that makes you think twice going NZL for golf.  Exchange rate is saving us and figured this a "once in a lifetime" type golf trip hoping around to all these places. 

The best deal hands down is Tasmania.  Barnbougle is a complete steal...!!!  Melbourne would be pretty costly honestly but we are playing with members so that makes each round less then $100 each vs the $250-$400 we would have to pay per round. 

The flight cost is like 40% of the trip. I had a ton of United points so was able to get that covered. It really is surprising how cheap the trip is, especially for what we are doing. 

EDIT: we are following somewhat your process. We land in Auckland and jump a flight down to Wellington. Then over 3.5 days we play / drive back up to Auckland (8 hours total drive) so we get to play 3 courses and see the sites a bit.  

Tasmania we land in Hobart and will drive up to Barnbougle. Roughly2.5 hours but we have the whole day so pretty easy and can see the area.  We fly out of Launceston over to MEL on Qantas which is a 1 hr flight.  LAUN is the closet airport unless going private. We looked at private right out of Barnbougle resort but unless we had 8 of us, which we don't, that flight was going to cost as much as half the whole trip amount VS $120.... LOL 

Edited by CDM
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, TheKrushh said:

This trip sounds insane. Can't wait to hear about it. Drooling.

LOL yea we think we may be pushing it a "bit to much" but not getting any younger and try to do it while we can  🤪

Been wanting to do this trip for years. Just hoping it goes as planned and no hiccups.  We think we covered everything but you never know....      

On 12/2/2022 at 3:05 PM, CDM said:

CK was for sure on the top of list as was Kauri Cliffs but actually getting there was the factor and then the price killed it. 

@Dancin knows my opinion on rankings (LOL) and he nailed the reasons why we decided to skip it. 

We used  https://www.top100golfcourses.com/  for reviews and it seems most feel it is a better indicator of courses.

Pretty hard to fork over $550-$600 CK wants when we can play Royal Melbourne, Kinston Heath, Barnbougle Dunes and Tara Iti (if we get on) which are all ahead in the rankings (again depending on website) and still have $170-$200 left for drinks for the price of one one round on CK or KC.   

As noted Te Arai as the backup is subject if we play it or not based on price point and I have feeling it will get dropped out. 

The one thing we realized real fast is the golf prices in NZL are a bit out of whack, more so how they NAIL "international" players.  Every course and I mean pretty much EVERY course in NZL all charge around 40%-50% or more to play and some almost double the rate for an "international" player.   *we are talking even the run of the mill muni's too 

Will admit that really is something that makes you think twice going NZL for golf.  Exchange rate is saving us and figured this a "once in a lifetime" type golf trip hoping around to all these places. 

The best deal hands down is Tasmania.  Barnbougle is a complete steal...!!!  Melbourne would be pretty costly honestly but we are playing with members so that makes each round less then $100 each vs the $250-$400 we would have to pay per round. 

The flight cost is like 40% of the trip. I had a ton of United points so was able to get that covered. It really is surprising how cheap the trip is, especially for what we are doing. 

EDIT: we are following somewhat your process. We land in Auckland and jump a flight down to Wellington. Then over 3.5 days we play / drive back up to Auckland (8 hours total drive) so we get to play 3 courses and see the sites a bit.  

Tasmania we land in Hobart and will drive up to Barnbougle. Roughly2.5 hours but we have the whole day so pretty easy and can see the area.  We fly out of Launceston over to MEL on Qantas which is a 1 hr flight.  LAUN is the closet airport unless going private. We looked at private right out of Barnbougle resort but unless we had 8 of us, which we don't, that flight was going to cost as much as half the whole trip amount VS $120.... LOL 

This trip does sound insane. You're not doing too much, you can sleep/rest when you get home.  Enjoy, this trip sounds unbelievable.

EDIT: Thanks for answering my prodding questions. I just loved it so much that I had to ask.

Edited by Joelness