2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

Mizuno JPX 923

thl9077

On 11/24/2022 at 7:44 PM, NZ315 said:

I have been fit for my irons a couple times… but from a Mizuno Rep. I feel that they are just salesmen pushing their products. I am gonna get some numbers from a actual fitter that sells a lot of products.

I've been fitted 3 times and I'm not playing any of those clubs... except for the driver.  

It took a while, but I finally found the irons that worked best for me.  I then had a fitting to find some irons that worked better and the fitter (Tourspec) didn't charge me because he couldn't find anything that performed better.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, jjfcpa said:

I've been fitted 3 times and I'm not playing any of those clubs... except for the driver.  

It took a while, but I finally found the irons that worked best for me.  I then had a fitting to find some irons that worked better and the fitter (Tourspec) didn't charge me because he couldn't find anything that performed better.

What irons did you settle on?

3 hours ago, JZ75 said:

Is there a confirmed date for when the 923T and 923F will be in fitting carts?

I asked Mizuno via IG and they said in February 2023

Driver: Cobra RADSPEED 9° | Fujikura Motore X F3 6-S
3W: Cobra RADSPEED 14.5° | Fujikura Motore X F3 6-S

3H: Ping G425 19° | Stiff Alta CB 70 Slate   
Irons: Mizuno JPX921 Forged 4i-PW | Project X IO 6.0
Wedges: Kirkland Signature 52°/56°/60° | True Temper  
Putter: TaylorMade Spider X HydroBlast #3 | KBS CT Tour 120

On 12/7/2022 at 8:59 AM, JZ75 said:

Thanks.  I know I’ve seen that as the release date, I was hoping they’d be on fitting carts sooner.

Asked my local fitter and he said next week for the demo heads.

Edited by jorellanes
  • Like 1

QI10 Max 9*  Ventus TR 6X Blue

Qi10 Tour 18* Ventus TR 7X Red

Qi10 Tour 4H Ventus TR 8X Blue

Srixon ZX7 MKII 5-P Modus 120 S

VOKEY SM9 48-54-58 

TYLORMADE SPIDER x  '24 TP5x

5 hours ago, JZ75 said:

Alright then I can schedule my fitting and stop obsessing over all the new clubs for at least 4 months.  I’m probably not good enough to play the tours but you never know.

I tried the 921 tours yes I can play them but not consistently enough to buy them. Need the forgiveness since my swing is not consistent every time I play. My job and family get in the way of my golf all the time!!! 😂 

• Like 1

On 11/24/2022 at 6:49 AM, Mookie91 said:

I haven’t loved the 225s but really wanted to.  Going to test the 923HMP and the I230 for the ‘23 season.

Loved them in fitting so I bought. On field performance was mediocre- preferred my 921Forged. So sold them and went back to my ZX5s

• Like 1

I'm going to check out the tours with the addition of copper but I'm disappointed the direction Voshall has taken with the jpx tours. We went from a players club with some added forgiveness and not blurring the lines with the MP to these tours getting smaller than an mp/mb... But my bad, they have more camber!!!! Lol..... Throw some copper in a 919 tour and call it good!

Edited by Mp14forlife
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Mp14forlife said:

I'm going to check out the tours with the addition of copper but I'm disappointed the direction Voshall has taken with the jpx tours. We went from a players club with some added forgiveness and not blurring the lines with the MP to these tours getting smaller than an mp/mb... But my bad, they have more camber!!!! Lol..... Throw some copper in a 919 tour and call it good!

Voshall is just giving the best players in the world the changes they are requesting to the company’s most played iron on Tour. How can you blame him for that? It’s a trend across the category to go smaller 7i to PW. Grab a set of Forged and make them 2° weak if the Tours are too small. 

Ping G430 Max 10K 10.5° driver - Diamana GT 60S

Ping G430 Max 15° #3 fairway - Diamana TB 70S

Ping G430 Max 21° #7 fairway - Diamana TB 80S

Ping G430 Max 26° #5 hybrid - MMTh 90S

Mizuno Pro 243 4-PW irons - MMT 105S

Mizuno T24 Raw 48°-10S wedge - MMT 105S

Mizuno T24 Raw 54°-10S and 60°-06X wedges - MMT Scoring Wedge 105S

Mizuno OMOI Type 3

Titleist Pro V1x

36 minutes ago, noodle3872 said:

Voshall is just giving the best players in the world the changes they are requesting to the company’s most played iron on Tour. How can you blame him for that? It’s a trend across the category to go smaller 7i to PW. Grab a set of Forged and make them 2° weak if the Tours are too small. 

900 and 919s were what got those players on board with the jpx line and now they're going all "Ricky Fowler" and wanting thin top line this and smaller that and will prob revert back to older models to play when they realize they've created something that doesn't make sense. Dance with the girl who brung ya and improve the feel and potentially turf interaction. What's the point in having two lines in the "players" category with virtually zero difference in forgiveness?  Oh well. I'm sure they'll eventually bring it back to the original theme of that line one day, I hope. 

Edited by Mp14forlife
  • Like 1

Maybe these days, they should just name only the MB irons as "MP" and everything else JPX.  They also need to cut down on 14 versions of the same club.

• Like 3

Titleist TSR2 10*| MCA Tensei AV blue (SFW) Xlink 55 S

Titleist TSR2 3 HL 16.5*| MCA Tensei AV blue Xlink 65 S

Titleist TSR2 7 Wood 21*| MCA Tensei AV blue Xlink 75 S

Mizuno JPX 923 Forged 4 iron| N.S. Pro 980GH DST S

Mizuno JPX 923 Forged 5-GW| N.S. Pro 1050GH S

Cleveland RTX 6 Zipcore 54* & 58*| N.S. Pro Modus³ Tour 115 Wedge
Ping 2023 Anser
Srixon Z Star

6 hours ago, NZ315 said:

I tried the 921 tours yes I can play them but not consistently enough to buy them. Need the forgiveness since my swing is not consistent every time I play. My job and family get in the way of my golf all the time!!! 😂 

Just wondering, I think you said you played 223s in another post? did you hit the 923T against them?  Is there a big difference in forgiveness?

What vosh said, and mgs did a good recap too - the 923T look smaller than the MB, but it’s not. They did shrink the scoring irons and I think that’s a good thing after hitting the 921Ts.

This year I purchased and sold both the 223s, and 921T. I did not like the combo set 223s are, so I don’t think I’ll like the forged. And compared to my MP5s, the 921s felt good, but not good enough.

Im not ‘elite’ amateur, but I’ll have the 923t on order in January. If they fall between 221s and 223s with feel and looks. I’ll be very happy. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JZ75 said:

Just wondering, I think you said you played 223s in another post? did you hit the 923T against them?  Is there a big difference in forgiveness?

Had the 223 and 921forged both really good. Never owned the tours. I do have the i230’s on order and that’s my 2023 iron hopefully my iron for a while. I would like to stop switching 

• Thanks 1

On 12/9/2022 at 10:18 PM, Whatnogarnish said:

What vosh said, and mgs did a good recap too - the 923T look smaller than the MB, but it’s not. They did shrink the scoring irons and I think that’s a good thing after hitting the 921Ts.

This year I purchased and sold both the 223s, and 921T. I did not like the combo set 223s are, so I don’t think I’ll like the forged. And compared to my MP5s, the 921s felt good, but not good enough.

Im not ‘elite’ amateur, but I’ll have the 923t on order in January. If they fall between 221s and 223s with feel and looks. I’ll be very happy. 

Yeah definitely not actually smaller than 221. Glad they added some bounce given what kind of player this iron is aimed at but i still find the offset confusing. 3mm on a 7i is a lot for this bracket of club - around 1/3 more than some comparable irons. The long irons look really nice it’s the 7-p that look a little funky. I always find smaller clubs with thinner top lines look weirder with that much offset than something thicker like a P770 - just looks out of place. The 770 only has 2.4mm of offset for reference and that club is aimed at a wider audience. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TigerInTheWoods said:

Yeah definitely not actually smaller than 221. Glad they added some bounce given what kind of player this iron is aimed at but i still find the offset confusing. 3mm on a 7i is a lot for this bracket of club - around 1/3 more than some comparable irons. The long irons look really nice it’s the 7-p that look a little funky. I always find smaller clubs with thinner top lines look weirder with that much offset than something thicker like a P770 - just looks out of place. The 770 only has 2.4mm of offset for reference and that club is aimed at a wider audience. 

where are you seeing that offset spec? That’s more than the Hot Metal 923

edit: NM I was wrong on this

Edited by Whatnogarnish

7 minutes ago, Whatnogarnish said:

where are you seeing that offset spec? That’s more than the Hot Metal 923

I think I saw it on Mizuno Japan.  TGW has it up as well.  Totally agree with  @TigerInTheWoods the offset is perplexing.  I would give up forgiveness on the 223's for less offset in the short irons and I think it's basically the same between the 223 and the 923T if not more offset on the Tours.

13 minutes ago, Wooderson said:

3mm or less of offset is a small amount. 4-6mm is a lot. I'm really confused. 

It's almost 1/3 more than a P7MC and it isn't blended particularly well - see: T100. Offset that is blended nicely and is extremely inoffensive. The short irons in the tour series look quite offset for the profile of the club. 

2 minutes ago, TigerInTheWoods said:

It's almost 1/3 more than a P7MC and it isn't blended particularly well - see: T100. Offset that is blended nicely and is extremely inoffensive. The short irons in the tour series look quite offset for the profile of the club. 

You are talking about . 024"   Let me say again.  24 thousandths of an inch. 

Let me tell you what Wooderson is packin'
Sim Max 12° Speeder NX 6s
Sim2 Max 15°
Ping G410 21° 
Ping G425 22°/25°
Ping G430 6-PW AWT Stiff
Ping Glide 3.0 GW/SW

Ping Eye 2 XG LW

Just now, Wooderson said:

You are talking about . 024"   Let me say again.  24 thousandths of an inch. 

Not here to argue with you. I'm saying I find the offset weird for the profile of club. It's drastically more evident at address compared to 221. I don't personally find offset pleasant to look at. Don't need launch and don't need draw bias - both of which offset adds. We probably like very different things given what I'm seeing in your sig. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TigerInTheWoods said:

Not here to argue with you. I'm saying I find the offset weird for the profile of club. It's drastically more evident at address compared to 221. I don't personally find offset pleasant to look at. Don't need launch and don't need draw bias - both of which offset adds. We probably like very different things given what I'm seeing in your sig. 

I don't even know what is in my signature. I change clubs so often it doesn't matter. What I do know is if someone is talking about the difference of 3-5 human hairs Im amused. 

Let me tell you what Wooderson is packin'
Sim Max 12° Speeder NX 6s
Sim2 Max 15°
Ping G410 21° 
Ping G425 22°/25°
Ping G430 6-PW AWT Stiff
Ping Glide 3.0 GW/SW

Ping Eye 2 XG LW

1 minute ago, Wooderson said:

I don't even know what is in my signature. I change clubs so often it doesn't matter. What I do know is if someone is talking about the difference of 3-5 human hairs Im amused. 

I'm talking in millimeters. This isn't hard. Do you think the Ping G410/425/430 irons look pretty offset (great irons btw my dad plays the 425 and the offset is well placed)? They have 4.5mm of offset in a 7i. Would you say they look quite a bit more offset than a 919/921/923 tour which have 3mm? Probably. Well a P7TW has 1.4mm of offset. Half that of the Mizuno. Go ahead and talk about human hairs but IMO there is a pretty clear difference between those three irons. That's the end of what I have to say on the matter. They have more than I would like them to and it's a shame because they are the perfect brief for what I play but it bugs my alignment and setup. 

• Like 1