2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

UST Mamiya - All In putter shaft - 2022 WGC Dell Technologies Match Play

I just received one so I cannot wait to test it out of the box it feels really good! stable and not too light!

Taylormade  BRNR Mini Copper 11.5 KBS TD 70 Category 5 or Ventus TR Black 7x

Taylormade  Stealth 3HL/16.5 16.5 Tour AD DI 9x

Taylormade Stealth 7/21  Project X Tour Issue 10A2 7.0

Cleveland XL Halo 9/24 Fujikura Ventus TR Black 9x (IN TESTING)

Srixon ZX7 MK II 5-9 Nippon Modus 130X

Cleveland RTX 6 48/8, 54/8, 60/06 PX 6.5

Evnroll ER2v Midlock 41"

Srixon Z-Star Diamond

• 3 weeks later...

the three versions of this shaft seem very different to me from a weight and balance point perspective. here is what i found so far:

- All graphite: 127 grams

- Graphite with steel tip (comes all as one piece): 108 grams

- Graphite retrofit style (has no tip): 86 grams

haven't installed any of them, but i can tell the all graphite has a higher balance point compared to the graphite with steel tip

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, dlow206 said:

the three versions of this shaft seem very different to me from a weight and balance point perspective. here is what i found so far:

- All graphite: 127 grams

- Graphite with steel tip (comes all as one piece): 108 grams

- Graphite retrofit style (has no tip): 86 grams

haven't installed any of them, but i can tell the all graphite has a higher balance point compared to the graphite with steel tip

I have mine uninstalled yet. It’s been way too cold in my garage to cut anything. Warm spell hit today. Hopefully will put the all graphite in tomorrow. 

• Like 1

Taylormade Qi10 9*/Ventus Blue 7X
Taylormade BRNR 13.5*/KBS TD Cat4 
Callaway AI Smoke 7w/AD IZ 8X
Cobra King CB 4-PW w/KBS $Taper
Taylormade Spider Tour Proto 34"
Taylormade MG4 52, 56, 62 S400
Taylormade 2024 TP5X

I dont see these for sale yet... where are you getting them?  I want one of the all graphite models to try.

Titleist TSR3 Driver - Fujikura Ventus Black 6
Callaway Paradym Super Hybrid 2H - Steelfiber FC 75 HY
Callaway Apex Pro 3H - Steelfiber FC 75 HY
Mizuno Pro 243 4i-PW - Dynamic Gold 105
Mizuno T22 48*, 54*, 60* - Dynamic Gold 105
Byron Morgan 615 - Fujikura MC Firm
Callaway Chrome Tour

Epoxy is drying as we speak. Will hopefully get the grip installed tonight and test it out tomorrow!

• Like 2

Taylormade 2024 TP5X

3 minutes ago, radiman said:

Epoxy is drying as we speak. Will hopefully get the grip installed tonight and test it out tomorrow!

I'll have mine in hand next week hopefully. Going for the all-graphite version.

• Like 2

PRDYMTC TOUR  9.8° + UB6 / PRDYMTC  15°@16 + UB6 / MVRKTC 18° + UB8 G430 26°@25+ IZ95 / FRGD TEC5-G + MODUS115 / MD5TC / CHICAGOTC

2 hours ago, ttucliffhanger said:

Should have mine (retrofit version) next week. Going to replace my Strokelab shaft in my Odyssey 11. 

Oh, that is a comparison I am dying to hear about.  Stroke Lab was all about balance if I remember correctly.  Seems most graphite shafts are about very low torque and stability.  I really liked stroke lab.  It did have a noticeably different feel through the putting stroke.  

• Like 2

Taylormade 2024 TP5X

On 12/30/2022 at 9:28 AM, radiman said:

Oh, that is a comparison I am dying to hear about.  Stroke Lab was all about balance if I remember correctly.  Seems most graphite shafts are about very low torque and stability.  I really liked stroke lab.  It did have a noticeably different feel through the putting stroke.  

I tried an 11 at an event with the ALL-IN and it did not have the weight in the end that is in Strokelab and really liked it. Like big time. That’s how I was recommended to start. Was told if I don’t like it to put the weight back in. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, third-times-a-charm said:

These are now available here:

free shipping too

https://www.yourprogolfshop.com/ust-mamiya-all-in-putter-shaft

Dang. That’s a solid price. 

I just spent about 30 minutes with my all in shaft. I have to say that it has a pretty good balance to it. Impact with my milled betti bb-1 is pretty nice. 

It’s so hard to tell if a putter shaft is doing anything lol. But, I was pretty consistent I’d say. Rolling 8 footers on my putt out ramp. I had half a dozen that rested in the hole. Another half dozen that were really close. 

So far, it’s every bit the equivalent of the MMT putter shaft. The LAGP too. I have spent a good deal of time with that since my buddy has one. The mmt and lagp were on equal footing to me. At least in terms of a repetitive consistent roll. The All In is right up there. Will keep working with it and see where it goes. After some real work with it, I may put the MMT back in just to see if I notice a difference. But, the All In will be the shaft I use this season for sure. 

Even as a flier, for $100 it’s a relatively cheap experiment. Especially compared to the likes of lagp. 

Taylormade 2024 TP5X

Wish UST would release some more information on these. I think it's a great idea but I'm not 100% I'm understanding the designs. 

1 - A graphite putter shaft, stiff and low torque, standard putter shaft weight

2 - Graphite upper with steel lower, only 109 grams and designed for heavier putter heads and can use counterweights under grip (like Stroke Lab). Or is this shaft already counter-balanced? 

3- Same as #2 but just the graphite upper and you connect it to your already installed steel shaft?

Is this right? I guess I really don't understand the #3 option when it's the same price. I would just get the #2 and pull the old shaft. 

AllIn.jpg

Edited by nova6868

24 minutes ago, nova6868 said:

Wish UST would release some more information on these. I think it's a great idea but I'm not 100% I'm understanding the designs. 

2 - Graphite upper with steel lower, only 109 grams and designed for heavier putter heads and can use counterweights under grip (like Stroke Lab). Or is this shaft already counter-balanced? 

3- Same as #2 but just the graphite upper and you connect it to your already installed steel shaft?

Is this right? I guess I really don't understand the #3 option when it's the same price. I would just get the #2 and pull the old shaft. 

AllIn.jpg

This is how I understand it.

#2 would be for an instance where you are using a slant neck or other shaft over hosel installs. If you have a plumbers neck with a .370 hosel diameter (like I had), then you can use #1 straight in.  If you have a different hosel where a .370 tip won't work, then you can use option #3, cut your existing shaft and retro fit it to the graphite portion.  All 3 options should equate to similar performance.  Just have to choose what option based on the putter you're going to be installing it into. 

Edited by radiman
  • Like 1

Taylormade 2024 TP5X

1 hour ago, nova6868 said:

AllIn.jpg

For the retrofit/Option #3 - there's some putters like scotty or etc with weird hosel sizes like .390 and other designs that are over the hosel where you cant just use any putter shaft especially graphite so this allows you to use the tip sections of those shafts and retrofit them into a graphite shaft without issue.

PRDYMTC TOUR  9.8° + UB6 / PRDYMTC  15°@16 + UB6 / MVRKTC 18° + UB8 G430 26°@25+ IZ95 / FRGD TEC5-G + MODUS115 / MD5TC / CHICAGOTC

Just finished building this up.  Grip is drying...going to eat dinner and then give it a roll. 

20230104_172504.jpg.daf677ea4ef179406fac4b6bd6ca739f.jpg20230104_172521.jpg.158fe210a61f0e0428cb92dd2995af35.jpg20230104_172551.jpg.dfa52e22b5b28d7bb1f29f7a4e2c32f9.jpg

• Like 3

Callaway Chrome Tour

Got mine installed and only had time for a brief session on the practice green before dark. Don’t have much of an impression yet but versus my KBS CT I definitely think the head weight feels off. Maybe it’s the counterbalancing.

Pics

FD9E1EDB-969D-40B4-903B-C6A86CDFAC39.jpeg

8F6137EA-2E65-4FD3-821A-EF70AF2A2EB0.jpeg

9072A858-DF5C-4E52-8CB0-347ED76CA79F.jpeg

• Like 1

Just now, Rpete33 said:

Can you install a Superstroke weight in this shaft? That’s my biggest complaint about the Mmt I have installed in my Scotty 

No. The counter core weight will not fit inside this shaft. It’s very similar thickness to the MMT. 

Taylormade 2024 TP5X

Spent another 30 mins with mine hitting a bunch of different putts after adding about ~15g in lead tape to my putter head and it feels MUCH better. Was putting very well with it today. Before I added the lead tape it was SWing at C5. I have a golf pride SNSR grip in 140cc so its pretty beefy and is also effecting the SW value but the added weight helped a ton coming from the KBS shaft.

So after today very promising.

On 1/5/2023 at 10:20 AM, PowerCobra98 said:

So far I really like how the All-In feels.  It reminds me most of a LAGP shaft if I'm comparing it against all the others. 

This is great to hear. I love the feel of my LAGP shafts but would be intrested in trying more affordable options. 

• Like 1

Driver - Titleist TSi2 9* (A1) Autoflex SF505                   Frankenstein Irons:

3W - Ping G430 Tour 2.0 Chrome 75 (S)                         4i - PING i210

19* Hyb - Ping G430 Tour 2.0 Chrome 85 (S).                5i - Cobra King Tour (MIM)

Irons - 4-PW Maltby TS1 Nippon 950GH Stiff                 6i - Titleist T100

GW - Vokey SM8 50* F-grind                                           7i - Mizuno MP20 MMC

SW - Vokey SM8 54* D-grind (bent to 55)                      8i - Callaway X-Forged

LW - Vokey SM8 60* M-grind                                           9i - TaylorMade P7MC 

Putter - SeeMore PCB with LAGP SoHo                          PW - Srixon ZX-7

GW - Wilson Staff CB

3 hours ago, CUBuffaloes said:

This is great to hear. I love the feel of my LAGP shafts but would be intrested in trying more affordable options. 

Way more affordable and to me a better shaft.  Personal opinion though.

• Like 1

Callaway Chrome Tour

Built mine up this last weekend. Used the retrofit version and replaced my Strokelab shaft. 

So had a chance to roll some putts inside this morning. Initial thoughts are as follows:

- Feels stiffer than the Strokelab shaft but more stable. I can really feel the head through the entire putt. I could feel it with the Strokelab but it was minimal compared to the ALL-IN.
- Did not change the feel of the face of the putter. Also, there is no counter weight in the end of the shaft. I left it out per recommendation bc I tried an 11 at an event and that’s the way the guy had it. 

The biggest takeaway I can feel is the stability of the putter now. I really need to get this out to the course for some testing but on my puttout mat, my distance control was spot on. I am not a bad putter. According to Grint my avg putts per round is 32, but I had cleared my data on ShotScope right before I started a program and hired my coach shot scope says 28.4/round over the last 10 rounds so if I had to guess I’m somewhere in between that. 

It will be interesting to see how my putts/round start trending, but I have a feeling I’m going to love this putter shaft. The Strokelab did feel different and worst case I can always reinstall my Strokelab shaft but based on initial impressions I don’t think that’s going to happen.

2193805F-89F5-4BE2-8A33-AEA7AF1ED2EF.jpeg

EF7BE0B3-2FA5-44B9-9AF1-8EDBB11385C6.jpeg

4A9C5903-4E3B-4C99-96B7-31E317AA0724.jpeg

EEEE79EB-BC37-4BE6-82D5-A12984B62321.jpeg

16 minutes ago, ttucliffhanger said:

Built mine up this last weekend. Used the retrofit version and replaced my Strokelab shaft. 

So had a chance to roll some putts inside this morning. Initial thoughts are as follows:

- Feels stiffer than the Strokelab shaft but more stable. I can really feel the head through the entire putt. I could feel it with the Strokelab but it was minimal compared to the ALL-IN.
- Did not change the feel of the face of the putter. Also, there is no counter weight in the end of the shaft. I left it out per recommendation bc I tried an 11 at an event and that’s the way the guy had it. 

The biggest takeaway I can feel is the stability of the putter now. I really need to get this out to the course for some testing but on my puttout mat, my distance control was spot on. I am not a bad putter. According to Grint my avg putts per round is 32, but I had cleared my data on ShotScope right before I started a program and hired my coach shot scope says 28.4/round over the last 10 rounds so if I had to guess I’m somewhere in between that. 

It will be interesting to see how my putts/round start trending, but I have a feeling I’m going to love this putter shaft. The Strokelab did feel different and worst case I can always reinstall my Strokelab shaft but based on initial impressions I don’t think that’s going to happen.

2193805F-89F5-4BE2-8A33-AEA7AF1ED2EF.jpeg

EF7BE0B3-2FA5-44B9-9AF1-8EDBB11385C6.jpeg

4A9C5903-4E3B-4C99-96B7-31E317AA0724.jpeg

EEEE79EB-BC37-4BE6-82D5-A12984B62321.jpeg

So the all in retrofit was a direct replacement for just the graphite portion of the stroke lab?

On 1/6/2023 at 7:38 PM, PowerCobra98 said:

Way more affordable and to me a better shaft.  Personal opinion though.

Could you provide some details or data why you think it is better? I'm always testing shafts. I'd like to know your thoughts. 

PING G400 Max 
Maltby STi2  Fairway

Maltby STi2 Hybrid 

Maltby STI2 Irons 
Cleveland CBX Zipcore 50 54 58

BBFandCo Roulette
MannKrafted Carbon Rattler XL
TP Mills Stainless Softtail
Krew Blade

Mannkrafted HotRod