2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

PXG 0211 XCOR2 Irons

snagy2000

On 4/4/2023 at 8:33 AM, SEP1006 said:

Man, at the price these are at right now I've been seriously thinking about picking up a set just for fun. They have great reviews and TO ME look just as good as the 0311's. Of course I would get the Xtreme Darks as I really don't think I could ever play a chrome set again. 

FIGHTING THE URGE BIG TIME !!!!!!!!!

Pick me up a set too, just for fun! 🤣😂

• Haha 1

PXG 0311 Gen 6 10.5* (Motore X F3 6S)

PXG ‘21 0211 3 & 5 wd (Tensei Blue 75S)

Callaway Mav Pro 4 Hybrid (KBS HYB 80S)

Wilson D9 Forged 5-G (DG105 S300)

Vokey SM8 54.12 and 60.08 (KBS 120 FLT)

TaylorMade Spider GT #3

So I ordered my irons on a Saturday, got shipping notice on Tuesday that they would be delivered Thursday - sweet!!  Unfortunately they were delayed a day, scheduled to arrive Friday, then got delayed again all weekend and finally showed up Monday.

Got them out to the range and I'm a little conflicted.  I'm not in love with the look, but I do have to understand that I'm going for forgiving, distance irons here.  I'm also not sure about the extra length over what I'm used to.  The third thing is that I expected the Elevate shafts to have VSS, which True Temper apparently do not include anymore.  As someone with tennis elbow that flares up when I hit too many balls, I'm regretting not going with the MMTs - I feel like for the same price I got a worse product.  I ordered sight unseen so these are the things that can happen when you don't go in for a fitting...

I'm thinking about sending them back for the restocking fee and ordering another set, 1/2" short with MMT graphite shafts.  Any thoughts on this?

Ping G400 MAX 9° Motore Speeder 757 Evolution Tour Spec S

Mizuno ST-3 15° 3W Ventus Blue Velocore 70S

Tour Edge Exotics EXS Pro 19° 3H HZRDUS Smoke Black 80X
                                                  PXG 0211 XCOR2 Xtreme Dark 5-GW Mitsubishi MMT 80S
Edison 55°/59° DG 115 S200 Tour Issue
Edel EAS 4.0
Camino Sunday Bag
Titleist ProV1

24 minutes ago, Tupperwolf said:

So I ordered my irons on a Saturday, got shipping notice on Tuesday that they would be delivered Thursday - sweet!!  Unfortunately they were delayed a day, scheduled to arrive Friday, then got delayed again all weekend and finally showed up Monday.

Got them out to the range and I'm a little conflicted.  I'm not in love with the look, but I do have to understand that I'm going for forgiving, distance irons here.  I'm also not sure about the extra length over what I'm used to.  The third thing is that I expected the Elevate shafts to have VSS, which True Temper apparently do not include anymore.  As someone with tennis elbow that flares up when I hit too many balls, I'm regretting not going with the MMTs - I feel like for the same price I got a worse product.  I ordered sight unseen so these are the things that can happen when you don't go in for a fitting...

I'm thinking about sending them back for the restocking fee and ordering another set, 1/2" short with MMT graphite shafts.  Any thoughts on this?

Why not take advantage of the policy and get what you want? It will cost you 10 percent more plus shipping. Do you like the irons overall? That is the key question. I liked the XCOR2 but ended up preferring the P and T more.

Had a chance to play a round with the XCOR2 and on the course I thought they looked bigger than I expected. Certainly would adjust quickly but that was my first impression. I thought they were powerful and felt good, performed as advertised, but they’re a healthy midsized iron. 

• Like 1

Callaway Paradym Triple Diamond 10.5 w/Diamana TB 60S

PXG GEN6 5 wood w/Diamana S-plus 70 stiff

Yamaha RMX VD 7 wood w/Diamana S-plus 70 stiff

Callaway Mavrik Pro hybrid (22) w/Aldila Tour Blue 85 stiff hybrid

Wilson Staff Model CB 5-G w/DG s300 shafts

Edel T grind 54 w/Nippon 125 wedge shaft

Fourteen RM-12 58 w/Dynamic Golds400

Axis1 Rose putter, 34 inches

3 hours ago, dmeeksDC said:

Why not take advantage of the policy and get what you want? It will cost you 10 percent more plus shipping. Do you like the irons overall? That is the key question. I liked the XCOR2 but ended up preferring the P and T more.

Had a chance to play a round with the XCOR2 and on the course I thought they looked bigger than I expected. Certainly would adjust quickly but that was my first impression. I thought they were powerful and felt good, performed as advertised, but they’re a healthy midsized iron. 

All right, I'm doing it. Lol. 

When I ordered there was an option to get one of the previous Gen T/P/XP for the same price as the chrome Xcor2, but I prefer the non-screw look and newer "tech". I would have considered ordering them this time but they appear to be NLA. 

Just ordered another set of black Xcor2 with the specs I want and will send the others back...

Edel EAS 4.0
Camino Sunday Bag
Titleist ProV1

40 minutes ago, Tupperwolf said:

When I ordered there was an option to get one of the previous Gen T/P/XP for the same price as the chrome Xcor2, but I prefer the non-screw look and newer "tech". I would have considered ordering them this time but they appear to be NLA. 

Just ordered another set of black Xcor2 with the specs I want and will send the others back...

It’s still a good deal. More hassle than cost. But push through that and you end up happy, so worth it. 

• Like 1

Callaway Paradym Triple Diamond 10.5 w/Diamana TB 60S

PXG GEN6 5 wood w/Diamana S-plus 70 stiff

Yamaha RMX VD 7 wood w/Diamana S-plus 70 stiff

Callaway Mavrik Pro hybrid (22) w/Aldila Tour Blue 85 stiff hybrid

Wilson Staff Model CB 5-G w/DG s300 shafts

Edel T grind 54 w/Nippon 125 wedge shaft

Fourteen RM-12 58 w/Dynamic Golds400

Axis1 Rose putter, 34 inches

1 hour ago, Tupperwolf said:

That's what I would have done as well. So you take a small hit money wise but you end up getting exactly what you want.

Golf is hard enough to play with equipment that you like, much less what you don't like for whatever reason.

My XCOR2's, Gen 5 5/7 wood shipped today. Should be here early next week. But who really knows with Fed Ex.

Edited by SEP1006
  • Like 1

DRIVER -     PXG Black OPs Tour 1 - 8* | 🔥KHT AUTOFLEX SF505🔥   
2 WD -         PXG Gen 6  13* |  🔥KHT AUTOFLEX SF505🔥

2/3/4 Hybrids- PXG Gen 6 | Accra Tour 90i Stiff

IRONS -       PXG Gen 6 XP DOUBLE BLACK | MMT 80 Stiff                     
WEDGES -  PXG Sugar Daddy II 54*/13 and 58*/10 | MMT 80 Stiff  
PUTTERS - LAB MEZZ MAX Blue Head w/White Accra Shaft

LAB MEZZ MAX Red Head w/Black Accra Shaft
BAG -           PXG Staff Bag

5 hours ago, Tupperwolf said:

My set is 5-LW 1/2" short with the MMT 80 shafts.  Took a little bit to get use to the lighter swing weight, but really like them, and I am hitting them great now.  It's a really good combo.  

• Like 2

I’ll say it again…I just love these irons. I’ve played two scrambles in the last 5 days and they’ve helped my team win one and come in third today.  Point and shoot is such fun golf and also knowing what they’re gonna do when I make a swing. Kudos to Pxg for making this iron and especially in Black…if it wasn’t for that I’d still be playing my Gen3 P’s. 

• Like 2

Driver:  MIZUNO ST-G 440 (9.5d) - Lin-Q Red 60s

Fwy:  MIZUNO ST-G Titanium 3w (15) - Lin-Q Red 60s

Fwy:  COBRA F6 Baffler (19) - Hzrdus Red 75/6.0
Hybrid:  COBRA F7 Hybrid (22) - Tour Blue 85s

Iron:  MIZUNO Pro 245 (5 - G) - Recoil Proto 125 F4
Wedge:  MIZUNO T24 Denim Copper (54/10) - Recoil Wedge Proto F4     
Wedge:  TAYLORMADE Hi-Toe Copper (60/10) - Recoil Wedge Proto F4

Putter:  LAJOSI DD201 Copper Flow or MANNKRAFTED MA-55 Flow
Bag:  BENNINGTON LQO-9 Stand Bag or Ogio Silencer Cart

46 minutes ago, eddiebigeddie said:

I’ll say it again…I just love these irons. I’ve played two scrambles in the last 5 days and they’ve helped my team win one and come in third today.  Point and shoot is such fun golf and also knowing what they’re gonna do when I make a swing. Kudos to Pxg for making this iron and especially in Black…if it wasn’t for that I’d still be playing my Gen3 P’s. 

Man I hoped I'm as pumped up about mine after hitting them as you are.

CONGRATS on finding something that works so well for you !!!!!!!!

• Thanks 1

I've had these irons in extreme dark since last fall and I think they're great.  You can work them left and right, up and down.  The distances on full and partial swings are very consistent and mis-hits still fly pretty far.  When you flush them they feel pretty freaking great.  Some of my playing partners have said how much they like the sound of them too.  I liked them so much I bought a set of 0311 3x forged wedges in the spring.  Those are fantastic as well.  

Edited by pgheaja
  • Like 1

For those that have these, how’s your gapping? I play a 0211 5HY at 25*, then go into my irons. I like playing the set wedges but 6* intervals is a large gap IMO.  Looking at these lofts/lengths (different from standard): 

6: 26*, 38”

7: 30*, 37.5”

8: 34*, 37”

9: 38*, 36.5”

PW: 43*, 36.25”

GW: 48*, 36”

SW: 53*, 35.75”

LW: 58*, 35”

There’s only 1 degree difference between the 5HY and 6i, but there is a 1.25” difference in shaft length that should open the gapping a little more between the two clubs. 

I've never been able to predict gapping with math....have to go out and hit the clubs on grass tees and go from there.  I have hybrids all the way to a 31* and my first iron is an 8i.  Should have done it last year when I started playing again!

I get the trajectory and shot pattern I want with the 0211 irons.  I'm very pleased.  Need some work with half and three-quarter SW and GW play, but that's not a club issue, it's something so important for the way I play that I can't work on it enough.

Adaptive Golf.....look out for the one-armed man:

Ping G425 Max Driver, 5W, 7W....+2"

PXG 0211 hybrids, 25*, 28*, 31*….+2”

Sub70 699 8i - SW….+4”

Bobby Grace F-22 side saddle

Got my tracking number for my replacement order 😁 PXG is cranking out the clubs. Hope to get them by Wednesday or so next week. Got an RMA for my original set. 

• Like 2

Edel EAS 4.0
Camino Sunday Bag
Titleist ProV1

On 4/26/2023 at 6:19 PM, SEP1006 said:

That's what I would have done as well. So you take a small hit money wise but you end up getting exactly what you want.

Golf is hard enough to play with equipment that you like, much less what you don't like for whatever reason.

My XCOR2's, Gen 5 5/7 wood shipped today. Should be here early next week. But who really knows with Fed Ex.

Thinking about pulling the trigger on a set XCORE 2 irons. I like my gen3 XP but I like the idea of a blended set with less offset in the short irons. Do you notice any feel difference between the gen3 irons and the xcore2?

TaylorMade Sim Max 9* @ 7* Fujikura Ventus Blue TR 5 Reg
Ping G425 3wd @ Flat setting Fujikura Ventus Blue TR 5 Reg 
Ping G425 7wd @ -1 Flat setting Fujikura Ventus Blue TR 6 Reg
Ping G425 22 hybrid @ Flat setting Fujikura Ventus Blue HB 6 reg
PXG Gen 4 0311XP 6-GW Fujikura Axiom 75 R2 

Cleveland CBX Zipcore 50*, 56*, 60* DG Spinner Stiff stepped soft
Evnroll ER7  33” Rosemark grip

On 4/26/2023 at 6:40 PM, eddiebigeddie said:

I have gen3 xp and like them, but thinking about getting a set of 0211 XCORE 2 irons. Do you notice any difference in feel or spin?

3 minutes ago, hammergolf said:

I have gen3 xp and like them, but thinking about getting a set of 0211 XCORE 2 irons. Do you notice any difference in feel or spin?

Feel center vs center is better with the Gen3…but I have the P’s not Xp’s (which I’m sure isn’t any diff).  Overall the head Xcor2 feel better and are more forgiving. As far as spin, can’t tell the difference. All I know is I am hitting the ball more online “point & shoot” and my mishits are closer to intended target 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, eddiebigeddie said:

Feel center vs center is better with the Gen3…but I have the P’s not Xp’s (which I’m sure isn’t any diff).  Overall the head Xcor2 feel better and are more forgiving. As far as spin, can’t tell the difference. All I know is I am hitting the ball more online “point & shoot” and my mishits are closer to intended target 

Thanks!

As a high handicapper, I was fit into GEN4 P's.   the XPs did not feel comfortable to me, with their jacked lofts.   I have tried the 0211s, I still prefer the GEN4 Ps  (overall feel, empirical dispersion/distance).  Since my fitted GEN4 Ps, I no longer desire to upgrade my irons.   (My driver / mini driver saga continues to rage though haha...)

34 minutes ago, JP1000 said:

FYI I've owned the original PXG 0211.  In hindsight, I should have just kept these.  Not sure anything else PXG wise (or other brand) really benefitted me, if I'm being honest; however, the GEN4P's for me are keepers for me now, haha.

I agree with you. Those irons were amazing. I have struggled with most pxg irons since for the exception of the new cb irons. They are money

10 hours ago, hammergolf said:

Thinking about pulling the trigger on a set XCORE 2 irons. I like my gen3 XP but I like the idea of a blended set with less offset in the short irons. Do you notice any feel difference between the gen3 irons and the xcore2?

Haven't had a chance to hit them yet. Fed Ex delivered them yesterday afternoon. Going to put grips on them later this morning. 

My club is closed today so it will be tomorrow afternoon before I hit them. 

• Like 1

On 4/26/2023 at 2:17 PM, Tupperwolf said:

I was fit into the true temper elevate pro shafts and they are vss. I got my set this past November. Unfortunate they don't stock these anymore. 

Just an fyi you don't have to go to their store they have mobile fitters that hit different courses and private clubs every week. I got fit a really nice tpc club that I could never afford to belong to so that was cool to. 

On 5/1/2023 at 7:06 AM, SEP1006 said:

Haven't had a chance to hit them yet. Fed Ex delivered them yesterday afternoon. Going to put grips on them later this morning. 

My club is closed today so it will be tomorrow afternoon before I hit them. 

Well got the XCOR2's out today, let me say I'm OVERLY IMPRESSED with these irons.

First off I was a little surprised at how much smaller the head was than my G4 XP's. Not a bad thing by any means just didn't expect it. Such a clean look looking down at the ball when addressed.

As far as feel, they just feel really good. Maybe not quite as soft as my G4's but damn close. When you hit the sweet spot there just as soft. My miss is on the toe side, so when I do hit it there I can tell but it's not a harsh feel.

Even though they are a little smaller than my G4's they are SO FORGIVING, actually VERY FORGIVING. My misses still went straight and when I flushed it, man what a nice flight.

For what these irons cost this had got to be the best bang for the buck in golf equipment. Going to give them a few more rounds before I say I like them better than my G4's. But I see it coming!!

Edited by SEP1006
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, SEP1006 said:

Well got the XCOR2's out today, let me say I'm OVERLY IMPRESSED with these irons.

First off I was a little surprised at how much smaller the head was than my G4 XP's. Not a bad thing by any means just didn't expect it. Such a clean look looking down at the ball when addressed.

As far as feel, they just feel really good. Maybe not quite as soft as my G4's but damn close. When you hit the sweet spot there just as soft. My miss is on the toe side, so when I do hit it there I can tell but it's not a harsh feel.

Even though they are a little smaller than my G4's they are SO FORGIVING, actually VERY FORGIVING. My misses still went straight and when I flushed it, man what a nice flight.

For what these irons cost this had got to be the best bang for the buck in golf equipment. Going to give them a few more rounds before I say I like them better than my G4's. But I see it coming!!

Jimmy Fallon Comedy GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, eddiebigeddie said:

Jimmy Fallon Comedy GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

You did for sure. I definitely had high expectations after reading through this thread.

I was not disappointed in any way.

• Like 1

On 4/4/2023 at 8:29 PM, eddiebigeddie said:

If you want pics of any certain clubs let me know. I have 5-G in 0311P Gen3 and 6-G in the Xcor2. 

Any chance you could line up the 7i and the GW in both sets next to each other.  I have another set of Xcor2's coming but wanted to see them next to the Gen 3 P's for size as if the xcor2s fail I may go gen3 P's.  Also and difference in blade length between the 2 sets?  

Ping G430 Max 10.5 Tensei Orange AV Raw 55 Reg

Ping G430 SFT 5w 19* Alta Black Reg

Ping G430 SFT 7w 23* Alta Black Reg

Tour Edge Xrail 5h 26* Graphite Design G-Series Reg

Ping G425 6-UW Alta Slate Reg

Ping Glide 4.0 56* WS Nippon Z-115

Cleveland CBX Full Face 2 60* DG Spinner

Cleveland Smart Sole C 4.0 

Ping 2023 Anser D

Handicap: 8.2

13 hours ago, SEP1006 said:

Yes!!  Mine are on the truck for delivery today!  So nice to read this great feedback.

Edel EAS 4.0
Camino Sunday Bag
Titleist ProV1

6 hours ago, erock9174 said:

Any chance you could line up the 7i and the GW in both sets next to each other.  I have another set of Xcor2's coming but wanted to see them next to the Gen 3 P's for size as if the xcor2s fail I may go gen3 P's.  Also and difference in blade length between the 2 sets?  

Here you go…P’s are silver, Xcor2 are black

7 and Gw

IMG_4952.jpeg

IMG_4954.jpeg

• Thanks 2

3 hours ago, mm2983 said:

Can anyone compare the XCOR2 to the original 0211? I have the O.G.'s and wondering if it's a worthwhile upgrade.

I have the og 0211’s, Gen3 P’s and Xcor2. I think these new ones are better then the originals and those things are great. 

• Like 1