2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

PXG 0211 XCOR2 Irons

snagy2000

Given the bounce concerns, when attempting to get rid of some of the loft jacking, and not increase bounce... how crazy is it to order 1 club lower across the board, bend them strong, and ignore the number on the club? And possibly adjust lengths as needed.

So...

0211s come stock as:

5: 21

6: 24

7: 28

8: 32

9: 37

PW: 42

Option 1 is to weaken them all by 2 degrees.

5: 23

6: 26

7: 30

8: 34

9: 39

PW: 44

But what if... Instead of weakening them all by 2 degrees, which causes the bounce concern... You shifted the clubs up by 1 and and strengthened the lofts by 2 degrees?

6: 22

7: 26

8: 30

9: 35

PW: 40

GW: 46

Would that solve bounce concerns?  Create offset concerns?  It also brings in length adjustments to balance the fact that your 5 iron (marked 6) is actually 6i length.  Obviously you would have to wrap your head around it, but it was just brainstorming a way to ditch the jacked lofts, not suffer from extreme bounce (I'm in CA) and get the spin numbers up to be more in line with normal iron sets.  It also seems like it would help gaping at both ends before transitioning into 50-55-60 wedge set.  Or even 50-54-58.  And it keeps a 4 degree gap between your (effectively) 5i and 6i, rather than the 3 degree gap from the normal setup.  Which can help from the long clubs getting too close in distance.

Just brain storming and curious of your thoughts.

Was strongly considering the 0311Ps and then was looking at these as an alternative but the low spin and jacked lofts wasn't appealing.  But the price obviously is, so was looking for oddball solutions.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, KGrinols said:

Given the bounce concerns, when attempting to get rid of some of the loft jacking, and not increase bounce... how crazy is it to order 1 club lower across the board, bend them strong, and ignore the number on the club? And possibly adjust lengths as needed.

So...

0211s come stock as:

But what if... Instead of weakening them all by 2 degrees, which causes the bounce concern... You shifted the clubs up by 1 and and strengthened the lofts by 2 degrees?

Would that solve bounce concerns?  Create offset concerns?  It also brings in length adjustments to balance the fact that your 5 iron (marked 6) is actually 6i length.  Obviously you would have to wrap your head around it, but it was just brainstorming a way to ditch the jacked lofts, not suffer from extreme bounce (I'm in CA) and get the spin numbers up to be more in line with normal iron sets.  It also seems like it would help gaping at both ends before transitioning into 50-55-60 wedge set.  Or even 50-54-58.  And it keeps a 4 degree gap between your (effectively) 5i and 6i, rather than the 3 degree gap from the normal setup.  Which can help from the long clubs getting too close in distance.

Was strongly considering the 0311Ps and then was looking at these as an alternative but the low spin and jacked lofts wasn't appealing.  But the price obviously is, so was looking for oddball solutions.

Bumping them up 1 club and strengthening, the club head weights are not going to be right so you'd have to deal with that.

That said, I did EXACTLY that on a set of Mizuno's, kinda just to experiment.  And I know this is going to sound weird, but it was far more confusing on course than you'd think, lol.  I'm sure you'd get used to it, but I kept having to do conversions......ok, so that's my 9 iron, which means I want the PW, oh wait...no I want the one that says 8....It got dumb.

6 hours ago, KGrinols said:

So...

0211s come stock as:

Until you hit them, at best it’s a guess. I think just hit them at std lofts and adjust as needed. Obviously compared to the number on the sole they will spin less. However, in reality compared to loft they aren’t that low spinning. The 7 iron will spin in the mid 5,000s but considering it’s really a 6 iron loft wise they still produce playable ball flights. The increased speed leads to more peak height so the 500rpm or so decrease in spin isn’t going to hurt you.

• Like 1

TaylorMade Sim Max 9* @ 7* Fujikura Ventus Blue TR 5 Reg
Ping G425 3wd @ Flat setting Fujikura Ventus Blue TR 5 Reg 
Ping G425 7wd @ -1 Flat setting Fujikura Ventus Blue TR 6 Reg
Ping G425 22 hybrid @ Flat setting Fujikura Ventus Blue HB 6 reg
PXG Gen 4 0311XP 6-GW Fujikura Axiom 75 R2 

Cleveland CBX Zipcore 50*, 56*, 60* DG Spinner Stiff stepped soft
Evnroll ER7  33” Rosemark grip

I bend irons weak all the time and it does not affect playability. As long as you are hitting the ball first, it won’t matter.  A 1 or 2 degree is not major and within the parameters of what irons are designed to do. I wouldn’t go beyond that. I prefer to hit them first and adjust off of what is actually happening instead of going by the specs. 

• Like 3

Callaway Paradym Triple Diamond 10.5 w/Diamana TB 60S

PXG GEN6 5 wood w/Diamana S-plus 70 stiff

Yamaha RMX VD 7 wood w/Diamana S-plus 70 stiff

Callaway Mavrik Pro hybrid (22) w/Aldila Tour Blue 85 stiff hybrid

Wilson Staff Model CB 5-G w/DG s300 shafts

Edel T grind 54 w/Nippon 125 wedge shaft

Fourteen RM-12 58 w/Dynamic Golds400

Axis1 Rose putter, 34 inches

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/19/2023 at 8:59 AM, KGrinols said:

What if... Instead of weakening them all by 2 degrees, which causes the bounce concern... You shifted the clubs up by 1 and and strengthened the lofts by 2 degrees?

Welp, just submitted my order as listed above.

Didn't adjust the lengths, so the "8i" will play as a standard 37", 30 degree, 7iron.

The "GW" will play as a 46 degree PW, which should hopefully blend into my current 50/55/60 wedge set.

Will increase offset slightly, which won't bother me, but will cut the bounce by 2 degrees across the board. and bump up the spin numbers a bit.

On 6/12/2023 at 12:01 AM, KGrinols said:

Welp, just submitted my order as listed above.

Didn't adjust the lengths, so the "8i" will play as a standard 37", 30 degree, 7iron.

The "GW" will play as a 46 degree PW, which should hopefully blend into my current 50/55/60 wedge set.

Will increase offset slightly, which won't bother me, but will cut the bounce by 2 degrees across the board. and bump up the spin numbers a bit.

Order submitted Sunday night.  Just got an email that they shipped my set. (Thursday morning)  Considering the adjusted lofts I expected a potential delay.  Shipping from AZ, I'm in CA, so FedEx says they'll be here Saturday. (2 days)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, KGrinols said:

Order submitted Sunday night.  Just got an email that they shipped my set. (Thursday morning)  Considering the adjusted lofts I expected a potential delay.  Shipping from AZ, I'm in CA, so FedEx says they'll be here Saturday. (2 days)

Sweet, black or chrome ?

DRIVER -     PXG Black OPs Tour 1 - 8* | 🔥KHT AUTOFLEX SF505🔥   
2 WD -         PXG Gen 6  13* |  🔥KHT AUTOFLEX SF505🔥

2/3/4 Hybrids- PXG Gen 6 | Accra Tour 90i Stiff

IRONS -       PXG Gen 6 XP DOUBLE BLACK | MMT 80 Stiff                     
WEDGES -  PXG Sugar Daddy II 54*/13 and 58*/10 | MMT 80 Stiff  
PUTTERS - LAB MEZZ MAX Blue Head w/White Accra Shaft

LAB MEZZ MAX Red Head w/Black Accra Shaft
BAG -           PXG Staff Bag

1 hour ago, SEP1006 said:

Sweet, black or chrome ?

I went back and forth, I really like both.  I have the Mizuno blue ion wedges, and the wearing of the color on the sole doesn't bother me, I actually think it looks kinda cool.

However, 90% of my rounds are twilight, here in California.  So I'm usually racing the sunset, and often playing into the dusk hours, and admittedly into dark at times.  For that reason, I decided to go with the Chrome just to be safe.

• Like 1

I got fitted on Tuesday and my expected ship date is this coming Tuesday. So excited to get them out on the course. I got fitted at PXG Seattle(Bellevue actually). I am 63 and always had very slow swing speed. Fitter had me try KBS Tour Lite Steel, Project X Cypher 50i 5.0(which is what I was expecting to work best for me), Mitsubishi MMT 60 A,  and KBS Max Graphite 55A. I liked the feel of the Mitsubishi MMT best best and it had the best distance and dispersion. He then took that shaft and had me try the Gen 5 0311 XP. The numbers were almost identical but the 0211 Xcor 2 was slightly better. I am getting 6- LW. I also hit and got the 0211 22 Hybrid. I previously got the 0811 XF Gen 4 driver. Both times I felt the fittings were really well done. My first new set since I got my Ping G15's in 2011. For those of you who golf in the Seattle area I am hoping they come on Tuesday as I am playing both courses at Gold Mountain on Wednesday. Would be nice to have my new clubs for that!

• Like 1

PXG 0811 XF Gen 4 10.5 Evenflow Riptide 50 A
PXG 0211 5 Wood 18 Evenflow Riptide 50A
PXG 0211 Hybrid 22 Mitsubishi MMT 60 A
PXG 0211 XCor 2 6-LW Mitsubishi MMT 60 A
Ping Anser 2 Karsten 1959

Ping Traverse

Kirkland Performance Plus V2

6 hours ago, bwhitish said:

I got fitted on Tuesday and my expected ship date is this coming Tuesday. So excited to get them out on the course. I got fitted at PXG Seattle(Bellevue actually). I am 63 and always had very slow swing speed. Fitter had me try KBS Tour Lite Steel, Project X Cypher 50i 5.0(which is what I was expecting to work best for me), Mitsubishi MMT 60 A,  and KBS Max Graphite 55A. I liked the feel of the Mitsubishi MMT best best and it had the best distance and dispersion. He then took that shaft and had me try the Gen 5 0311 XP. The numbers were almost identical but the 0211 Xcor 2 was slightly better. I am getting 6- LW. I also hit and got the 0211 22 Hybrid. I previously got the 0811 XF Gen 4 driver. Both times I felt the fittings were really well done. My first new set since I got my Ping G15's in 2011. For those of you who golf in the Seattle area I am hoping they come on Tuesday as I am playing both courses at Gold Mountain on Wednesday. Would be nice to have my new clubs for that!

The MMT's are great shafts. Been playing those in my PXG's now

for 4 years. You will like them, and you will especially like the XCOR2's paired with the MMT's. Just a great combination.

I know I've raved about these irons multiple times on here, but they are just that good.

Congrats !!!!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Just picked up a Black XCor2 4 iron to see how it played with my Gen5 P’s. I hated the hybrid I had and needed to fill a gap. Smoking hot price (Female British Accent) so I could not pass. Built in two days and picked it up today at HQ. 

Couldn’t help picking up a dozen PXG balls at Hero’s price of $29. I’ll play them tomorrow and see. 

One sexy looking iron. @SEP1006 I know you play these. Dang they look good. Got mine 1/4” short and 1 degree weak. Want it to work with my current set…. Hope it’s not so good it kicks the P’s out for a full set of 0211’s😳

IMG_6383.jpeg.aef5a480675e55051374c17d306255f5.jpeg

Edited by OspreyCI
Spelling

Mizuno ST-Z 230 9.5 Diamana T+ 60s
Mizuno ST-Z 15* Diamana T+ 60s 

TM Sim2 Max 19 Hybrid Ventus 7-S

Mizuno Pro 225 4-GW DG 105 S300
Mizuno T24 Denim 54S/58V DG S400

L.A.B. DF 2.1 Broomstick

32 minutes ago, OspreyCI said:

Hope it’s not so good it kicks the P’s out for a full set of 0211’s😳

Well I'll say this. This is the first time since PXG came out that I'm not playing the P's or XP's. The XCOR2's are that good and to me a better looking iron as well.

Be sure and report back after you've had a chance to play it.

• Like 1

On 7/21/2023 at 4:54 PM, OspreyCI said:

Hope it’s not so good it kicks the P’s out for a full set of 0211’s😳

Okay surely you've hit this by now ????????

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, SEP1006 said:

Okay surely you've hit this by now ????????

Oops. My bad. Used it 3 times during the round. Two long par 3’s and once from the fairway. 3 GIR’s which is good from over 200 yds. Safe to say, this thing like cheating. Will say I never 100% flushed it on any shot and it was crazy forgiving. 

Wont over take the Gen5 P’s because those are insane good for me, but I could see buying a set if I not have the Gen5’s already. Very happy with the Xcor2’s.  I started out with PXG getting fit into the OG 0211’s when they first came out and played them for a long time. 

Anyway, another great iron by PXG. Hoping my son goes and gets a set of these. He is in the Air Force outside Denver and lives on a beautiful course. 

• Like 1

L.A.B. DF 2.1 Broomstick

12 hours ago, OspreyCI said:

Wont over take the Gen5 P’s because those are insane good for me,

Awesome, yeh if I remember when looking at the reviews the XCOR2's pretty much produced identical numbers as the G5. Both in dispersion and distance.

Glad to hear it's working out for you. It's crazy how soft the XCOR2's feel for being a cast club. When you flush them they feel the same as a forged iron. And when you slightly mishit them they still feel good.

• Like 2

On 7/25/2023 at 7:18 AM, SEP1006 said:

Awesome, yeh if I remember when looking at the reviews the XCOR2's pretty much produced identical numbers as the G5. Both in dispersion and distance.

Glad to hear it's working out for you. It's crazy how soft the XCOR2's feel for being a cast club. When you flush them they feel the same as a forged iron. And when you slightly mishit them they still feel good.

Few more rounds in and my XCor2 4 iron might be my favorite club! Haha. Just so forgiving and when flushed it feels spectacular. By buddy hit it and loved it too. Black is so sexy too! 

I’ll be at PXG Friday for the Gen6 Driver Challenge and will request to warm up with an 0211 XCor2 7 iron. That could be dangerous for the Gen5 P’s😳

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

L.A.B. DF 2.1 Broomstick

• 3 weeks later...

Got my set about 10 days ago and I'm feeling like I'm having some issues with the high bounce/overall design as well.

Ordered 6-PW 1" long, 2up, and 1* weak - everything already felt really strong at the fitting and I figured standard would really mess up gapping at the bottom of my bag.

I then realized that jacks up bounce on the PW to 14*

As a shallow picker [AoA around -2 on avg with a 7i] with only some shaft lean and tend to miss thin, I feel like these are really working against me half the time.

The good shots with these are really good.  But I'm starting to realize I think the whole recipe of this head is not great for my swing.

Looking in to the AVCOG, it's quite high as well at 0.857.  Getting more low-flighted, bladed and/or thin shots than I'd like, and they are punished pretty badly.

Ultimately I think a lower bounce club at +0.5" long is where I need to be.

But yes, these are ball speed monsters - especially for those who hit down.  But those people really don't need this strong of lofts - so it really feels like these are one-dimensionally focused on distance.

A great iron for a lot of people, but I think I'm not one of those.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

My son was fitted for a set of these earlier this year.  Loves them.  The only gripe I have with the irons is that i don't care for the Z5 PXG stock grips.  So I just order them and grip when they arrive.  

Driver:        Ping G410 Plus 10.5 / Mitsubishi TENSEI CK PRO Orange 60 S

3w:               PXG 0341XF Gen 4 / Project X-Evenflow Blue 75G 6.0

3h:                Ping G425 / Mitsubishi TENSEI CK PRO Orange 80 S
Irons:           PXG 0311XF Gen 3 5-GW / True Temper V2 Elevate Tour S
Wedges:    Nike VR Forged 52*, 56*, 60* / True Temper Dynamic Gold S200 S

Putter:        Odyssey White Hot tour #1 35” / Super Stroke Mid Slim 2.0 Marine Corps Putter Grip

Grips:          Golf Pride New Decade MultiCompuund

Bag:             Bag Boy CB-15 Stars and Stripes

• 5 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...

An Update: 

Have 3 rounds in with the new PXG 0211 Xcor2's.  I absolutely love these clubs.  I tend to thin the ball.  Well, not anymore! even when I thin it the ball flight looks like a standard shot, maybe a tad lower in trajectory.  The forgiveness of these clubs are amazing.  I'm a 16.8 Hcp.  First round I played was a 9 hole round after work.  Shot a 41.  First full round was Mond. 4/8.  A bit breezy off the water but shot a 90 on a course I struggle to break 90 on.  Second full round was Sun. 4/14 and shot an 86 with a 2 club wind off the water.  On 18 hit a perfect 7 iron into a tucked pin into a 15-20 yard wind to within 15 feet.  Downhill slider putt kissed the edge of the cup and rolled by 8 inches for a tap in par.  

I'm generally not a worker of the golf ball but I've worked on a cut punch stinger from right trees since right was a common driver miss and There are alot of trees on Long Island LOL.  I had a shot that was blocked by a tree.  Hit a 6i cut punch that turned about 25*-30" up the middle of the fairway.  Yes, these clubs can be worked right to left although any draw I hit is a mistake 🤦‍♂️😁

Although they're not these clubs feel forged. 

47 minutes ago, wantacigar said:

An Update: 

Have 3 rounds in with the new PXG 0211 Xcor2's.  I absolutely love these clubs.  I tend to thin the ball.  Well, not anymore! even when I thin it the ball flight looks like a standard shot, maybe a tad lower in trajectory.  The forgiveness of these clubs are amazing.  I'm a 16.8 Hcp.  First round I played was a 9 hole round after work.  Shot a 41.  First full round was Mond. 4/8.  A bit breezy off the water but shot a 90 on a course I struggle to break 90 on.  Second full round was Sun. 4/14 and shot an 86 with a 2 club wind off the water.  On 18 hit a perfect 7 iron into a tucked pin into a 15-20 yard wind to within 15 feet.  Downhill slider putt kissed the edge of the cup and rolled by 8 inches for a tap in par.  

I'm generally not a worker of the golf ball but I've worked on a cut punch stinger from right trees since right was a common driver miss and There are alot of trees on Long Island LOL.  I had a shot that was blocked by a tree.  Hit a 6i cut punch that turned about 25*-30" up the middle of the fairway.  Yes, these clubs can be worked right to left although any draw I hit is a mistake 🤦‍♂️😁

Although they're not these clubs feel forged. 

I've said this MULTIPLE times on this forum. TO ME these are the most under rated irons out there, especially for the price.

Just put mine back in the bag yesterday. The Gen 6 0311 XP's double-black are back on the bench for now. No special reason as I am hitting them good. Just wanted to play the XCOR 2's again.

• Like 1