The Links Lounge (*** NO POLITICS/RELIGION/LIV ***)

touch

42 minutes ago, Nard_S said:

We have to watch out for ticks, my wife is real good about that with the pets and such but I never had Lyme.My BIL, got serious Lyme disease. Really messed him up.

Coolest wildlife in yard was an owl that hunted the vermon. Used to sit on my fence at night, he would stare at me as i got home late from work. I would talk to him. He hung for two years then disappeared , a few years later I'm pulling up to drive he sweeps in front of truck but now he's big. Large wing span. As if to say hello, so I would like to think. Can hear him at night but he stays in trees now. Beautiful beast.

Owls are cool. Fierce hunters. We had one that lived in one of our squirrel houses for a couple months last spring.

• Like 4

Titleist TSR 2  9°

Taylormade V-Steel 3 wood

Ping G430 19°,22° Hybrids

PXG Gen 6 XP's 7-SW

Ping Glide 58ES Wedge

Ping PLD DS72 

If a person gets mad at you for telling the truth, they're living a lie.

13 minutes ago, Petethreeput said:

I had to run, but I have never seen an owl hunting, and to me those by far the coolest birds ever.  I would love to see one, and I know they are around bc I have seen them flying.  But dang, that is awesome.

You probably won't see them. They hunt at night and use their hearing to find prey in grass and vegetation

• Like 3

Titleist TSR 2  9°

Taylormade V-Steel 3 wood

Ping G430 19°,22° Hybrids

PXG Gen 6 XP's 7-SW

Ping Glide 58ES Wedge

Ping PLD DS72 

If a person gets mad at you for telling the truth, they're living a lie.

11 minutes ago, Petethreeput said:

I had to run, but I have never seen an owl hunting, and to me those by far the coolest birds ever.  I would love to see one, and I know they are around bc I have seen them flying.  But dang, that is awesome.

I was hiking near my house a few years back. I was coming down the hill just as the sun had set. As I was walking under a big oak tree I heard the branches rustling and all the sudden a massive owl was taking flight just a couple feet directly over my head. It was quite surreal and something I’ll never forget. 

• Like 4

You gave me an idea TS. 👍

I am not into astrology but thought it might be interesting to see what signs are being represented in our group. 

What sign are you gents?  What are some personality traits that your sign is known for? 

*of course this is optional. 

LP 

November 8 

Scorpio Zodiac Sign Stock Illustration - Download Image Now - Astrology  Sign, Scorpion, Tattoo - iStock

Scorpio Traits | Scorpio Quotes

♏Scorpio Zodiac Sign🦂 (@scorpios.brain) • Instagram photos and videos

The Eighth Sign

In astrology, Scorpio is the eighth sign and rules the eighth house. In numerology, eight symbolizes both building and destruction and also represents infinity (i.e., death is nothing but passing into a higher form).

Edited by touch
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Callaway        Paradym  Hzrdus Silver 

Callaway        Epic Flash 3,5,7  FW's  Even Flow Green   
TM                   M4      5 hybrid  Atmos 

TM                  P790   6-PW Recoil ESX

PING               Glide 3.0  50, 56, 60  SS 

TM                  Spider cs  Iomic Absolute-X  

^ sorry for the extended post with a large blank space. I goofed. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Triple Lindy said:

If you run into those gents again, ask them if they’ve played the new PGA headquarters courses in Frisco: Fields Ranch East and West. I think the East course is hosting the PGA Championship in a few years.

I talked to them after their round. Mr. P. from Dallas has played both of them and gave them high praise TL. 

So eventually the PGA Tour will be leaving Ponte Vedra and calling Frisco home aye? 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, touch said:

I am not into astrology but thought it might be interesting to see what signs are being represented in our group. 

What sign are you gents?  What are some personality traits that your sign is known for? 

LP 

November 8 

Scorpio Zodiac Sign Stock Illustration - Download Image Now - Astrology  Sign, Scorpion, Tattoo - iStock

The Eighth Sign

In astrology, Scorpio is the eighth sign and rules the eighth house. In numerology, eight symbolizes both building and destruction and also represents infinity (i.e., death is nothing but passing into a higher form).

Same - 10/28! 

• Like 1

Titleist TSR3 8° LA GOLF DJ Edition

Titleist TS2 18° Diamana D+

Titleist TSR2 21° Diamana D+ 

Titleist TSi2 24° Diamana D+

Titleist T100 4-7, 620MB 8-PW Axiom 105S

Vokey 56.14°F, 60.12°D Axiom 125X

Scotty Cameron Newport MMT Putter Concept

42 minutes ago, touch said:

I talked to them after their round. Mr. P. from Dallas has played both of them and gave them high praise TL. 

So eventually the PGA Tour will be leaving Ponte Vedra and calling Frisco home aye? 

I doubt they leave Sawgrass, these will most likely lead to a regular tour stop in Texas that isn’t held at a TPC course, or them moving a low performing tournament somewhere else to here.

Edited by NJBigFish22
  • Like 1

Driver - Testing in Progress

7W - Taylormade Ti Bubble II

4-5 Hybrids - Cleveland Halo XL (21*, 24*)

7i - GW - Titleist T200 7-GW

GW - Taylormade MG3 52*

SW - Sub70 JB Forged 56*

LW - Sub70 JB Forged 62*

Putter - Sled 01 (for thr moment)

Ball - Srixon Q Star

37 minutes ago, touch said:

LP 

November 8 

The Eighth Sign

Aquarius, 2/2, but don’t follow this mumbo jumbo!

• Like 3

GW - Taylormade MG3 52*

SW - Sub70 JB Forged 56*

LW - Sub70 JB Forged 62*

Ball - Srixon Q Star

18 minutes ago, aenemated said:

Same - 10/28! 

🙂 👍

6 minutes ago, TiScape said:

Oh you wanna talk a little MLB??? Sure, here ya go. Steven Strasburg announced his retirement today. Since signing a $245MM contract in 2020 he has pitched in a grand total of 8 games. Will he continue to get paid? Why yes he will and here is the breakdown. Not a bad deal. Crazy 🤪

IMG_4105.jpeg

I was wondering about this when I saw his announcement.  I don’t have any hard evidence of this, but I’m guessing they have some agreement in place where he won’t see all of the remaining money on his contract. Reason why is why announce your retirement if it does nothing to mitigate what the Nats have to pay.

GW - Taylormade MG3 52*

SW - Sub70 JB Forged 56*

LW - Sub70 JB Forged 62*

Ball - Srixon Q Star

8 minutes ago, NJBigFish22 said:

I was wondering about this when I saw his announcement.  I don’t have any hard evidence of this, but I’m guessing they have some agreement in place where he won’t see all of the remaining money on his contract. Reason why is why announce your retirement if it does nothing to mitigate what the Nats have to pay.

If you read the quote I posted above, it indicates the contract was not insured and leaves the Nats on the hook for the entirety. It also includes the actual breakdown by year showing what he will be receiving thru 2029. 

54 minutes ago, chisag said:

We would find remains in the yard sometimes in the morning and new it was the owl. 

Yeah we do too. Scalped fur & skin with some innards attached. But 90% gone.

I live in suburbia but it;s dense woods & hills, What I came to realize is the critters follow the water. Those little runoff streams, that's their highway & road system. We have one adjacent to property, so all the deer & nature travel up & down it daily. Then the rodents, ground hogs & rabbits flourish around it too. The predators hang about and get there's. It's somewhat more than I thought I was getting when I bought a fixer upper in the hills. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, TiScape said:

Right?! Was curious so did the quick math. He will make $2.9MM per MONTH thru 2026. Then $2.2MM per month thru 2029… For not playing.

I will happily take just $1MM/mo through 2029 to not play for the Nationals. 

Someone work this deal out. Thanks! 

• Haha 3

Titleist TSR3 8° LA GOLF DJ Edition

Titleist TS2 18° Diamana D+

Titleist TSR2 21° Diamana D+ 

Titleist TSi2 24° Diamana D+

Titleist T100 4-7, 620MB 8-PW Axiom 105S

Vokey 56.14°F, 60.12°D Axiom 125X

Scotty Cameron Newport MMT Putter Concept

14 minutes ago, aenemated said:

I will happily take just $1MM/mo through 2029 to not play for the Nationals. 

Someone work this deal out. Thanks! 

Maybe Franks & Deans will pay you $1MM a month to stay home for all the shows thru 2029? 🤷🏼‍♂️

🤣

Edited by TiScape
  • Haha 3

48 minutes ago, TiScape said:

If you read the quote I posted above, it indicates the contract was not insured and leaves the Nats on the hook for the entirety. It also includes the actual breakdown by year showing what he will be receiving thru 2029. 

I knew his contract wasn’t insured because of previous anrm injuries including Tommy John.  So the Nats obviously would be on the hook for the contract, in most cases even with insurance the Nats would still be on the hook for 10-15%.  So why or for what reason did he have to announce his retirement?  He could have sat on his couch and just collected his money without saying 1 word.  If you read what I wrote, I mentioned I have no evidence, but there may be some sort of agreement where a portion is given back or the deferrals are done over a longer period of time to help the Nats with payroll flexibility. So I’m fairly certain Bob doesn’t even have the full story, and may be making assumptions based on the standard players contract.

Edited by NJBigFish22

GW - Taylormade MG3 52*

SW - Sub70 JB Forged 56*

LW - Sub70 JB Forged 62*

Ball - Srixon Q Star

22 minutes ago, NJBigFish22 said:

I knew his contract wasn’t insured because of previous anrm injuries including Tommy John.  So the Nats obviously would be on the hook for the contract, in most cases even with insurance the Nats would still be on the hook for 10-15%.  So why or for what reason did he have to announce his retirement?  He could have sat on his couch and just collected his money without saying 1 word.  If you read what I wrote, I mentioned I have no evidence, but there may be some sort of agreement where a portion is given back or the deferrals are done over a longer period of time to help the Nats with payroll flexibility. So I’m fairly certain Bob doesn’t even have the full story, and may be making assumptions based on the standard players contract.

Not sure. In this day and age it’s just what players do. Be kinda odd to not say you retired and just stop all your training and rehab activities with the team. I mean, someone would notice. There are news conferences, reporters will ask about his rehab progress, time table for return etc…Perhaps I’m just not fully understanding what ur saying NJ. 

Edited by TiScape

4 minutes ago, TiScape said:

Not sure. In this day and age it’s just what players do. Be kinda odd to not say you retired and just stop all your training and rehab activities with the team. I mean, someone would notice. Perhaps I’m just not fully understanding what ur saying NJ. 

Due to the fully guaranteed nature of MLB contracts he wouldn’t have to say anything, you just don’t play until the contract ends.  You do make a good point about rehab, but I’m sure the Nats medical staff knows there isn’t a snowballs chance in hell he would pitch again.  Part of my reasoning is that while active the MLBPA is adamant about adjusting contracts.  So maybe SS knowing he is basically “stealing” $245 million, announces his retirement so they can then rework his contract so the team has more flexibility in terms of trying to put a competitive product on the field and not giving $35 million to a guy who will never play again.  The team is also for sale or will be after the owners death last season, so maybe this is a bookkeeping deal that needs to be done.  Like I said no evidence of anything concrete, just speculating.  

GW - Taylormade MG3 52*

SW - Sub70 JB Forged 56*

LW - Sub70 JB Forged 62*

Ball - Srixon Q Star

1 minute ago, NJBigFish22 said:

Due to the fully guaranteed nature of MLB contracts he wouldn’t have to say anything, you just don’t play until the contract ends.  You do make a good point about rehab, but I’m sure the Nats medical staff knows there isn’t a snowballs chance in hell he would pitch again.  Part of my reasoning is that while active the MLBPA is adamant about adjusting contracts.  So maybe SS knowing he is basically “stealing” $245 million, announces his retirement so they can then rework his contract so the team has more flexibility in terms of trying to put a competitive product on the field and not giving $35 million to a guy who will never play again.  The team is also for sale or will be after the owners death last season, so maybe this is a bookkeeping deal that needs to be done.  Like I said no evidence of anything concrete, just speculating.  

So the team reps, GM, manager just lie when asked about his rehab progress, timeline to return etc til 2029?

22 minutes ago, TiScape said:

So the team reps, GM, manager just lie when asked about his rehab progress, timeline to return etc til 2029?

Possibly.  The other day the Angels said Ohtani had arm fatigue, then it’s a UCL tear.  These front offices stretch the truth all the time. Last season the Bulls said Lonzo Ball would miss the entire season but be ready for camp, then late last week Lonzo said he will be out again this season.

Back to Strasberg. Do you remember Matt Harvey?  He had Thorasic Outlet Syndrome way before Strasberg and supposedly Harvey’s case wasn’t as severe.  He had the same surgery and basically never got his form back, he just retired as well after not pitching for basically 2 years, and he wasn’t under contract.  I don’t think any baseball player has ever come back from this because it’s a blood and nerve disorder.

• Like 1

GW - Taylormade MG3 52*

SW - Sub70 JB Forged 56*

LW - Sub70 JB Forged 62*

Ball - Srixon Q Star

38 minutes ago, NJBigFish22 said:

Possibly.  The other day the Angels said Ohtani had arm fatigue, then it’s a UCL tear.  These front offices stretch the truth all the time. Last season the Bulls said Lonzo Ball would miss the entire season but be ready for camp, then late last week Lonzo said he will be out again this season.

Back to Strasberg. Do you remember Matt Harvey?  He had Thorasic Outlet Syndrome way before Strasberg and supposedly Harvey’s case wasn’t as severe.  He had the same surgery and basically never got his form back, he just retired as well after not pitching for basically 2 years, and he wasn’t under contract.  I don’t think any baseball player has ever come back from this because it’s a blood and nerve disorder.

Yeah bummer for Ohtani. It was during game 1 of a double header yesterday. My son was actually at the game. What happened was he left after the 1st inning bcs he knew his arm wasn’t right. They said “arm fatigue” (no MRI yet) he DH’d in game 2, got the MRI after game 2 and it showed the tear. So they could then say w/certainty it was a UCL tear. I really don’t think any funny biz was going on in that instance. But yeah, it’s most definitely not all on the up n up. Crazy biz. 

Edited by TiScape

TiScape

I'm liking this one @TiScape   👍

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• GwrxMod changed the title to The Links Lounge (*** NO POLITICS/RELIGION ***)
  • GwrxMod changed the title to The Links Lounge (*** NO POLITICS/RELIGION/LIV ***)