2024 Rocket Mortgage Classic WITB Photos ×

The Links Lounge (*** NO POLITICS/RELIGION/LIV ***)

touch

4 hours ago, touch said:

Go for it MS. 👍 White Titleist bags are the Jam! Mine is last year's model.

PXL_20240108_191523953.jpg

That isn’t your bag.  The blonde hair NC Golfer doesn’t walk but once every half decade!😂

• Haha 4

Driver - Testing in Progress

7W - Taylormade Ti Bubble II

4-5 Hybrids - Cleveland Halo XL (21*, 24*)

7i - GW - Titleist T200 7-GW

GW - Taylormade MG3 52*

SW - Sub70 JB Forged 56*

LW - Sub70 JB Forged 62*

Putter - Sled 01 (for thr moment)

Ball - Srixon Q Star

25 minutes ago, NJBigFish22 said:

That isn’t your bag.  The blonde hair NC Golfer doesn’t walk but once every half decade!😂

That photo was from the one Monday I played this year at BFCC. No golf carts are available on Monday's so I took a power pull cart. Never again. Battery powered or not I am not schlepping those hills on foot ever again. I walk around all day at work so when it comes to playing golf I'd rather ride in comfort. 

• Like 4

Callaway        Paradym  Hzrdus Silver 

Callaway        Epic Flash 3-5-7 fw's  Even Flow Green   
Callaway          X Hot 11 wood  Project X PXv

TM                  P790   6-PW  Recoil ESX 

PING               Glide 3.0  50, 56, 60  all SS 

TM                  Spider cs 

... Have any of you run across Stinknet plants on your courses or Ian your area? It is an invasive plant/weed from Africa called Oncosiphon pilulifer and it has become a huge problem here. I took a trip to a course 1/2 hr away and traveled through barren desert for a good part of the trip. It is almost completely yellow as this invasive plant has crowded out much of the native plants. I saw a feature on these and they were having a meeting to come up with a plan to combat the invasion and basically said the Stinknet had already exploded beyond their ability to combat it. They were going back to the drawing board to figure out what could be done about it. 

... This is a picture from just off the 5th tee but it is all over the course. 

IMG_0424.jpeg.cef89b99c0fbd064d63736d006b6b374.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Driver:       TM Qi10 ... AutoFlex Dream 7 SF405
Fairway:    CobraAerojet 16* 3 wood ... AD-IZ6r
Hybrids:    Cobra King Tec 19* ... MMT Hy70r
                  Ping G430 22* ... Alta CB Black Hy70r

Irons:        Titleist T200 '23 5-9 ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:   MG3 ... 45*/50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:       Cobra King Sport-60
Ball:           2024 TP5x/2023 Maxfli Tour X

25 minutes ago, chisag said:

... Have any of you run across Stinknet plants on your courses or Ian your area? It is an invasive plant/weed from Africa called Oncosiphon pilulifer and it has become a huge problem here. I took a trip to a course 1/2 hr away and traveled through barren desert for a good part of the trip. It is almost completely yellow as this invasive plant has crowded out much of the native plants. I saw a feature on these and they were having a meeting to come up with a plan to combat the invasion and basically said the Stinknet had already exploded beyond their ability to combat it. They were going back to the drawing board to figure out what could be done about it. 

No I have never heard of it, but being that it is pretty green and yellow and provides color I would think having some of it would be welcomed as it would add beauty to the barren desert landscape. Now how bad does it smell chisag? With stink in the name maybe you wouldn't want an abundance of the stuff. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, touch said:

No I have never heard of it, but being that it is pretty green and yellow and provides color I would think having some of it would be welcomed as it would add beauty to the barren desert landscape. Now how bad does it smell chisag? With stink in the name maybe you wouldn't want an abundance of the stuff. 

... Like any invasive species the danger is killing off native plants. Yes, they are pretty to look at but if they over take native species, the damage to the ecological balance would be catastrophic. From insects, lizards, prairie dogs, squirrels and rabbits to whatever eats them nature has a delicate eco balance in the desert. The photo I took had none of these invasive plants just 2 months ago and now the area completely covered with this African plant. They have no odor so it is an odd name. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, chisag said:

Throw a bunch of Florida pythons and iguanas in there and you’ll create a whole new ecosystem. You might just get a few lakes and other natural water sources!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

5 minutes ago, Triple Lindy said:

Throw a bunch of Florida pythons and iguanas in there and you’ll create a whole new ecosystem. You might just get a few lakes and other natural water sources!

... LOL, kinda interesting that many think the desert is filled with snakes and scorpions. And I imagine away from people, there are more than a few Rattlesnakes roaming around. But in 5 years I have seen 2 king snakes, 2 bull snakes and zero scorpions. I played Southern Dunes in Spring during Rattler baby season and they worn to stay out of any tall grass as the Moms are very aggressive but I never saw one. I did see 2 bunkers where a sidewinder slithered through them, but none in person. 

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, chisag said:

... LOL, kinda interesting that many think the desert is filled with snakes and scorpions. And I imagine away from people, there are more than a few Rattlesnakes roaming around. But in 5 years I have seen 2 king snakes, 2 bull snakes and zero scorpions. I played Southern Dunes in Spring during Rattler baby season and they worn to stay out of any tall grass as the Moms are very aggressive but I never saw one. I did see 2 bunkers where a sidewinder slithered through them, but none in person. 

I saw far more scorpions when I lived in Vegas (I'm guessing a dozen) compared to living in Scottsdale (1) and Palm Desert, CA (0). I was told that because of the housing boom in Vegas a good many scorpions came in the palm trees that commercial landscape companies were planting everywhere. I believe that. I only saw snakes in the Californian desert when playing golf three times and they were not rattlesnakes.

I'm with you Mr. Actor that away from people and developed areas both are probably more prevalent. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Double Mocha Man said:

Touch, are you watching the NFL draft tonight?  I'm wagering that they won't announce the #1 pick until they are at least 20 minutes into the program.

... Bears FINALLY get a Franchise QB and a new era begins in Chicago, so no drama with the first pick. The two next picks I am holding my breath about, is the Bears #9 pick and hope it is an edge rusher or trade down to take Byron Murphy. I would be OK with a OT as well. But I really don't want one of the WR's. Already have DJ Moore and Met and I get Allen is on a one year contract and could walk away, however if he meshes with Williams I don't see the Bears breaking them up. But my biggest fear is the Vikings moving up to #3 and taking Maye. Having my favorite college QB haunt the Bears for the next 10 years is a real nightmare. 

... We all know choosing a college QB is never a sure thing but I have already stated I think Williams and Maye are exactly that. Two rare talents that will both reach their ceilings in the NFL. The biggest question mark for me is Pennix. I see so many reasons why he will be a bust but also see many reasons he could become a reliable NFL QB. I am glad I am not a GM that has to make that decision. Like many really good college QB's I think McCarthy and Nix could both become competent starters OR be out of the league or back ups in a few years. 

... Another mystery for me is Daniels. Watching him play for a couple years at ASU I wasn't even sure he was a bona fide starter in college. I never saw him play at LSU, only saw highlights so obviously he took his game to another level. Unlike Williams and Maye, he played on an excellent team with a great Oline so really difficult to predict how he will play on a team that has a poor Oline and isn't winning. 

... All that said, I could see all 6 QB's becoming starters in the NFL and this QB draft class could become legendary. Or several busts just like most every other year. It would be interesting to see where these guys are slated for Best Players On The Board regardless of position. I have to imagine only 3 of them would be in the first 32. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, chisag said:

You are from NC so you likely remember Kudzu. It was the great solution to erosion problems, and it worked. Unfortunately, it killed off everything in it's path and becomes nearly indestructible. Driving from my place to the Spartanburg, SC area it is all you see on the sides of the road. Nothing else can survive.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, sunbeltgolfer said:

You are from NC so you likely remember Kudzu. It was the great solution to erosion problems, and it worked. Unfortunately, it killed off everything in it's path and becomes nearly indestructible. Driving from my place to the Spartanburg, SC area it is all you see on the sides of the road. Nothing else can survive.

... I remember it well. It was even worse around Columbus Ga. I had a 30 minute drive out to the lake where I docked my ski boat at a friends mobile home and from the ground all the way up to the top of the trees it completely took over the drive. 

• Like 2

Ah yes, kudzu ... could consume an entire pack house in a matter of days 😂

• Haha 2

Titleist TSR3 8° LA GOLF DJ 

Titleist TS2 18° Diamana D+

Titleist TSR2 21° Diamana D+ 

Titleist TSi2 24° Diamana D+

Titleist T100 5-7, 620MB LA GOLF L

Vokey 50.8°F, 56.14°F, 60.04°T LA GOLF WV

Scotty Cameron Newport LA GOLF P

6 minutes ago, sunbeltgolfer said:

They make jelly out of it now. Not sure what it tastes like, or, what they flavor it with, but, we have enough of the plants to supply the world with jelly.

I'll take a tasty rind-laden orange marmalade, thank you.

• Like 1

3.0 GHIN Index - trending down

1 hour ago, Double Mocha Man said:

Touch, are you watching the NFL draft tonight?  I'm wagering that they won't announce the #1 pick until they are at least 20 minutes into the program.

I bet you are correct that it will be at least 20 minutes into the program DMM.

My answer is no. The draft show is of no interest to me. I will read in the morning which team drafted who. 

I think tonight I'll go to YouTube and watch a couple of old reruns of Bewitched and refresh my memory of just how brilliant and beautiful Elizabeth Montgomery was. 😃

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, touch said:

My answer is no. The draft show is of no interest to me. I will read in the morning which team drafted who. 

... I think this is the most intriguing draft in a long time. I will watch the entire first round but won't watch after tonite. You are a NC boy now so I would recommend some Andy of Mayberry if you are not gonna watch the draft. 

• Haha 4

18 minutes ago, touch said:

Good thing the seller offers refunds.

... Even though I doin't offer refunds because some jerks will try and take advantage, I won't buy from a seller that does not offer refunds. I just bought a TaylorMade UDi #3 and even though it was new and in plastic, it had been bent to add a silly amount of offset. The ones I have seen in the stores barely have any visual offset. I returned it today. Glad you HIT with your 7 wood! 

IMG_0412.jpeg.4cd47d1a616d3a8dbbd6039e3087f080.jpeg

• Like 2

💥🏌️‍♀️

For those of us that love to launch our lob wedges high! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

... This is why TV golf is struggling for viewers. Aside from the avalanche of commercials (I know, who am I to talk) but they just showed 14 putts in a row before showing a golf shot. 14! 

• Like 4

Happy Friday, golfers!  More rain, so my wife (SWMBO and financial supporter), gets her housekeeper today.  I hope everyone has an enjoyable weekend.

347144155_634697381456336_7448222977026866135_n.jpg

Edited by DLeightonReid
  • Haha 4

Ping G430 Max 10k 9° with UST MP5 L-Flex

Ping G425 3 Wood 14.5° with Ventus Velocore Blue-6R

Cleveland Halo Launcher 5 wood 18° with Project X Cypher R

Callaway Rogue 19° hybrid regular

Toura Golf CB 5-PW Recoil 95 regular

Toura Golf 48° and Corey Paul wedges 52° and 57°

SC Phantom X 11.5  putter

Posted (edited)

Yesterday I provided the Lounge group a bit of classic TV with an episode of Bewitched. Today I'm sharing some Beverly Hillbillies, and it is Beverly Hillbillies learning about golf.

"Sure is a heap fancier than a gunny sack for toting game." 

"Once you shoot them you have to club them."   😅

Edited by touch
  • Haha 3

10 minutes ago, touch said:

Yesterday I provided the Lounge group a bit of classic TV with an episode of Bewitched. Today I'm sharing some Beverly Hillbillies, and it is Beverly Hillbillies learning about golf.

"Sure is a heap fancier than a gunny sack for toting game." 

"Once you shoot them you have to club them."   😅

That was a classic episode. I still enjoy watching them.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, touch said:

I think tonight I'll go to YouTube and watch a couple of old reruns of Bewitched and refresh my memory of just how brilliant and beautiful Elizabeth Montgomery was. 😃

I realize it's a controversial question but I'm not afraid:  Which Darren did you prefer?

Edited by NCLancer

3 minutes ago, NCLancer said:

I realize it's a controversial question but I'm not afraid:  Which Darren did you prefer?

... Oh boy way to stir the pot!?!?! 😱  What's next? Which do you prefer, Gomer or Goober? 

• Haha 2