The Links Lounge (*** NO POLITICS/RELIGION/LIV ***)

touch

On 4/27/2024 at 8:47 AM, mshills said:

No golf for me today I don’t think. One day member-member tomorrow, four player teams, two best balls per, 100% index. 

Let’s see if the one armed swinging side saddle putting guy can get in the $$ in my first event. 

Sometimes you’re the windshield, sometimes the bug. Full bug today. Hope I got that 💩 out of my system and can move on. 

• Haha 1

Adaptive Golf.....look out for the one-armed man:

Ping G425 Max Driver, 5W, 7W....+2"

PXG 0211 hybrids, 25*, 28*, 31*….+2”

Sub70 699 8i - SW….+4”

Bobby Grace F-22 side saddle

2 hours ago, Double Mocha Man said:

Makes for a looooong winter, though I realize you aren't there all winter.  Guessing your summer golfing temperatures are cooler than Touch's.

The Winter can be long and a bit harsh here, which is why we leave during January and February. We still get enough cold and snow in December and after we return for our liking.

Our Summer temperatures rarely exceed 78*, so a little cooler than Asheville.

1 hour ago, sunbeltgolfer said:

The Winter can be long and a bit harsh here, which is why we leave during January and February. We still get enough cold and snow in December and after we return for our liking.

Our Summer temperatures rarely exceed 78*, so a little cooler than Asheville.

... Our Summer is your Winter. If I remember correctly, the low temperature last July never got below 96*. Of course the entire month produced 30 out of 31 days with the temp at 110* or higher. I'll still take it over a Chicago January but t was brutal. 

Driver:       TM Qi10 ... AutoFlex Dream 7 SF405
Fairway:    TM Qi10 5 wood ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:    Ping G430 22* ... Alta CB Black 70r
                  TM Dhy #4 ... Diamana LTD 65r

Irons:         Titleist T200 '23 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:    Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:       Cobra King Sport-60
Ball:           2024 TP5x/2023 Maxfli Tour

2 minutes ago, chisag said:

... Our Summer is your Winter. If I remember correctly, the low temperature last July never got below 96*. Of course the entire month produced 30 out of 31 days with the temp at 110* or higher. I'll still take it over a Chicago January but t was brutal. 

Dry or not, I just can't handle heat. Not wild about arctic temperatures either, but, I can handle the  cold much better than heat.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, sunbeltgolfer said:

Dry or not, I just can't handle heat. Not wild about arctic temperatures either, but, I can handle the  cold much better than heat.

... Yup. Brunettes/Blondes. Beatles/Stones. Fade/Draw. I absolutely hate cold. I can handle the heat, but not the cold. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
24 minutes ago, Petethreeput said:

OK.  Gross score we are 3 back, but when your wife is a 32 gross means a lot less.  We are out to laugh, hit it, chase it and there you go.  Golf Genius?  Nope, I, won’t do it.  I actually don’t want to know.  Hit and chase.

I was two over on the front, my wife was a smooth 20 over.  Things don’t look bright, but nothing a beverage won’t fix.

The Mrs drops a 44 gross, 28 net on the back with a sandy birdie 3 on the second to last hole, yep she knocked it in from the bunker for a net 1.  We win the whole thing for $700 in shop credit.

Once again, golf is just funny.  We (clearly a Royal we) won by 3 strokes.  And prior to the chip in we were despondent, weird.

Congratulations Mr and Mrs P3P. 🏌️

Is the shop credit going towards your new irons or a few outfits for the birdie girl? 

Edited by touch

Callaway        Paradym  Hzrdus Silver 

Callaway        Epic Flash 3-5-7 fw's  Even Flow Green   
Callaway          X Hot 11 wood  Project X PXv

TM                  P790   6-PW  Recoil ESX 

PING               Glide 3.0  50, 56, 60  all SS 

TM                  Spider cs  Iomic Absolute-X  

Right on. I bet you are looking forward to your fitting. I'm anxious to hear what new clubs with what shafts you go with. 🙂

• Thanks 1

I didn't drive it, but I did spend some time looking over in detail this fine old German automobile. 

PXL_20240428_171246182~2.jpg

BMW 2 .jpg

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, touch said:

I didn't drive it, but I did spend some time looking over in detail this fine old German automobile. 

PXL_20240428_171246182~2.jpg

BMW 2 .jpg

Man, those are among my favorite cars ever made.

The fact that I haven't bought a junker of one to rebuild is kinda amazing. 

... did I just talk myself into another expensive project? 

• Like 2

Titleist TSR3 8° LA GOLF DJ Edition

Titleist TS2 18° Diamana D+

Titleist TSR2 21° Diamana D+ 

Titleist TSi2 24° Diamana D+

Titleist T100 4-7, 620MB 8-PW Axiom 105S

Vokey 56.14°F, 60.12°D Axiom 125X

Scotty Cameron Newport MMT Putter Concept

Posted (edited)

I had two very different rounds of golf this week. I enjoyed them both.

Monday was the scramble at The Grove Park Inn.

Yes even though there is no range at GPI I still got some warm up swings in. I arrived at 7 AM one hour before the tournament started. I went after my stretching session to one of the 3 hitting into a net off a turf mat bays. I only hit my 7 iron. After 20 shots I went over to the putting green and rolled some while I watched the ton of cars drive in. Bill saw me on the putting green and told me to come and meet our team. At 5 before 8 AM in very cold air (37*) we headed to our starting hole, Hole #7. Thankfully we were the second group off the tee on our first hole (1st photo) as it gave me more time to stretch and make swings. I also threw 3 balls down and practiced some small pitches with my sand wedge. After the foursome in front of us cleared the green it was my teams turn to start our round. Dang it the Par 3 number 7 hole was playing 191 from the blues. Oh, the rules of the tournament stated that if your were over 65 years of age you were to play from the yellow tees, and anyone under 65 played the blues. Great I thought.... I play the yellows when I play GPI but since I'm 62 I would have to play the blue tees with Sean. Steve and Bill would be play the yellow, and that would be the batting order for the rest of the day. The two blue's first and then the older two dudes from the yellows. Sean leads our team off with a 4 foot off the ground  skidder right into the creek with his 4 iron. Great. Now it is freezing and there is a full club wind in our face so the first shots that our team was facing to start our round were anything but simple and straight forward. I knew I was going to hit driver when I first heard the distance. I hit a slight pull that ended up pin high and 5 feet off the green. With not one driver hit to warm up I was pleased with the result of my first shot of the day in conditions that felt more like Canada than North Carolina. Thankfully one of the yellow tee boys hit his to the middle of the green and my drive that was just off the green would not be selected. We made par and we were off. 

After 6 or 7  holes Mr. Steve says, "hell we don't need to hit Bill, LP's drives are all in the middle of fairway. I'm going to save my bad elbow."  My driver was on and I was quite accurate and that was groovy because the fairways at GPI are not wide and generous say like CCA's and BFCC's. We only used a drive from another player once. I had some fun with what Steve said. When I would park a drive center cut on the back 9 I would say aloud.. "there's another elbow saver! "  😄

I also contributed a good bit with approach shots. I didn't have to make putts because I told Bill I would putt last since the other three were members and knew the greens much better than I did. Only once batting last was it me to drain it for birdie as the last hope, I failed. 

I had no idea of the ability of the other players that would be on my team going in. I kind of figured that Bill needed a decent player to anchor the team. I did end up anchoring the team on Monday. I have been playing steady for over a month and had some confidence going in, but I too was a bit nervous to start because shot gun scrambles are a whole different kind of golf. Again we finished -8 and in the middle of the pack. It did finally warm up enough after about 7 holes that I could shed two layers and then just play in a turtleneck and a light sweater vest. 

The Tournament was held on a beautiful golf course on a sunny spring day. The charity that the Tournament benefited is a local worthwhile cause. I'm glad that I was able to show up and play well for my host. I appreciated Bill's invitation to be on his team. I am happy that because of our mutual friend (Stan) Bill and I hit it off and started a golf buddy friendship 4 weeks ago.

Monday the 22nd of April was a dandy for me!

I so love that resort. 🙂

Edited by touch
  • Like 4

44 minutes ago, aenemated said:

Man, those are among my favorite cars ever made.

The fact that I haven't bought a junker of one to rebuild is kinda amazing. 

... did I just talk myself into another expensive project? 

You want a junker, fish in my pond, the rust belt.  I try to buy important stuff from TX or AZ.  I don't care how much is mechanically broken, I just hate rust repair.  

• Like 4

36 minutes ago, Mrgreen36 said:

Can you give me an actual choice for the bands?  😆 

It's ok - you can say Franks & Deans 😉

• Haha 1

I think this was in Missouri. Or it mighta been Pennsylvania ... 

Stages all look the same after a while, ya know. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, DLeightonReid said:

Good morning, golfers!  The much needed rain and storms have finally passed through and I will get my much needed golf fix this morning.  I will probably have wet feet before the round is over, but it will be worth it.  

347235133_645832480338858_3089285177578856754_n.jpg

You are up early today!

• Like 1

3.0 GHIN Index - trending down

I had such a good time playing Broadmoor last week that I'm playing it again today. Only today I'm with golf buddies and not randoms. Sunny and 80* is the forecast. Our first shots head skyward at 11:30.

17144038227908979855898666325010.jpg

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Double Mocha Man said:

You are up early today!

... Got a phone number for you! My ex is moving to Bellingham. 🤣

• Haha 3

4 hours ago, Petethreeput said:

Usually within 3 holes I get the stern look

Having met Mrs. P3P ... wouldn't wanna be on the wrong side of that stern look 😂

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Petethreeput said:

Did we discuss this in this forum?  Yellowstone idiocy?  From our local news station.

https://nbcmontana.com/news/local/idaho-man-injured-after-kicking-bison-in-yellowstone#

No Way Beer GIF by Busch    

Keep It Real No Way GIF by SHOWTIME Sports

Look I’ve been overserved! Usually meant approaching “the impenetrable circle of girlfriends” cold and trying to spit some game. Low success rate.

Kicking an ornery one ton animal? C’mon man!

• Haha 2

Adaptive Golf.....look out for the one-armed man:

Ping G425 Max Driver, 5W, 7W....+2"

PXG 0211 hybrids, 25*, 28*, 31*….+2”

Sub70 699 8i - SW….+4”

Bobby Grace F-22 side saddle

A brief summary from this past weekend's 2-day "Battle of California III" (Norcal vs Socal) at Laguna Sega Golf Ranch and Pacific Grove Golf Links near Monterey.  

Tee shot on #1 at Laguna Seca with a 3W from an elevated tee - draws with the wind, bounces on cart path and over the carts (no danger to other players) and we're thinking it'll be easy to find.  Get down there and all 4 of us spend the 3 minutes looking - no joy.  Per the tourney rules for losing a ball within the boundaries, took drop, pitched to green and 2-putt.  As we're walking off green, a ball from the subsequent group rolls down the cart path, by our carts, and trundles another 50+ yards on the path going in front of the next tee box and into deep grass.  As the player drives down, we point to where it went and I walk over to look for it.  Lo and behold, there are 4 balls in the grass and, of course, one of them was my original tee ball.  That's representative of how the rest of my day went.  Shot 89 with 5 (FIVE!) 3-putt bogies.

Tee shot on #1 at Pacific Grove, par-3 playing 147 yards, with a breeze helping even at 7:10 am.  Hit a nice PW (no warm up) that's tracking, bounces once, nails the flag stick about halfway up, and ends up in the fringe about 15 feet to the left.  Managed to 2-putt for par.  The rest of the front 9 was pretty bad and it got to the point where I played 3 consecutive shots on #8 with the same club (6i) because I was so aggravated - the 6i was definitely not the appropriate club for the 2nd & 3rd shots, the last of which was in the fairway from <80 yds.  My buddy tried to calm me down, but I wasn't having it.  Haha.

Then we get to #10 which is a super short par-3, playing 102 yards with a 10 mph breeze from the right.  I hit a good SW which is tracking just like on #1, bounces once, hops forward and we're thinking it's going to roll in, but it stops just over a foot short, directly in line with the stick.  Yes, I did manage to sink the birdie putt.  Even with the wind which continued to kick up on the exposed back-9 (you're next to the water), I managed to shoot a 38 (+3) on that side which included a triple bogey on 15.  Finished with an 84 in contrast to the 95 I shot there 2 days before.  We were lucky, though, as the 2nd group out because the later groups in the tournament got the worst of the wind.  When I finished, I was T18 in my flight (net, 2-day cumulative), but by the time it was over, I had moved up to T8.  LOL.

• Like 4

Paradym Ai Smoke TD 10.5* (@ 9.5*) / Ventus Blue TR 6S

TM SIM2 Max 3HL 16.5* / Kuro Kage TiNi 70S

Paradym 5W 18* / GD Tour AD HD 7X

Ping G425 5H 26* / Ventus Velocore Blue HB 8S

Callaway '21 Apex Pro 5-PW / Fujikura Axiom 125X

Callaway JAWS 52*/56*/60* / KBS $-Taper 130 "8i Spinner"

Argolf Pendragon XL (Broomstick)

Snell MTB Black

I'll see your Bison and raise you 4 Zebras. A little commotion in our neighborhood yesterday. 

Edited by Wooley12
  • Like 2

Driver - Nike Covert VS 

3W- TaylorMade R7

7W- Hippo Final decision 21deg

Irons- 5-PW Custom fitted System 3000 Tour Hot Forged w steel shafts

Cleveland 588RTX 48deg

SW- Cleveland CG12 56deg

Putter- Ping Asner3 w std grip

LP - This song came through on my playlist as I was mowing this afternoon and I immediately thought of you.  Maria McKee has such a great voice.  I have probably shared this song before, but it is one of my favorites.

• Like 3

Ping G430 Max 10k 9° with UST MP5 L-Flex

Ping G425 3 Wood 14.5° with Ventus Velocore Blue-6R

Cleveland Halo Launcher 5 wood 18° with Project X Cypher R

Callaway Rogue 19° hybrid regular

PXG 0311 Gen 3 5 - G steel regular

Corey Paul wedges bent to 53° and 57°

SC Phantom X 11.5  putter

20 minutes ago, DLeightonReid said:

LP - This song came through on my playlist as I was mowing this afternoon and I immediately thought of you.  Maria McKee has such a great voice.  I have probably shared this song before, but it is one of my favorites.

Right on DLR. Yes indeed Maria had an exceptional singing voice.

She was kind of cute too. Them eyes. 🙂

The dB's Repercussion: January 2018

• Like 2