2024 John Deere Classic WITB Photos ×

The Links Lounge (*** NO POLITICS/RELIGION/LIV ***)

touch

11 minutes ago, BIG STU said:

It may be because I am a big guy but when I used it like 15 years ago anchoring seemed to bind me up so I did not anchor then. And yes at times free holding I tend to let it wander. But overall It was good for me years ago. The reason I quit using it years back was because I got tired of hearing the crap like "they ought to ban those things" Now days I do not care and the league I play in no one will say anything to begin with. One of my buds in the league who is a good guy and a great stick himself told me it should ease the pressure on my back and I should be able to practice putting more. I am back getting used to it but I did well today with it for the 6 holes I played. I need to sharpen up on my lag putts some but that was no issue because I had like 3 putts of like inside of 4 feet today and made every one center cut. I seem to be more steady with it and releasing the head better towards the hole

... Glad you are ignoring the dumb azzes that think they should be banned. Putting is the cornerstone for my scoring and I get more compliments about my stroke than any other part of my game. But one day (hopefully a ways down the road) I imagine my back will force me into a long putter. I foresee lag putting being a huge issue but at least I will be able to play. 

• Thanks 1

Driver:       TM Qi10 ... AutoFlex Dream 7 SF405
Fairway:    CobraAerojet 16* 3 wood ... AD-IZ6r
Hybrids:    Cobra King Tec 19* ... MMT Hy70r
                  Ping G430 22* ... Alta CB Black Hy70r

Irons:        Titleist T200 '23 5-9 ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:   MG3 ... 45*/50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:       Cobra King Sport-60
Ball:           2024 TP5x/2023 Maxfli Tour X

1 hour ago, aenemated said:

I'd been to most major cities in the US prior to joining/hitting the road with F&D - only one I'd NOT been to was NOLA, oddly enough. It's been a lot of fun seeing places I'd have not really had any particular reason to ever go to. For the most part, even the crappy spots have SOMETHING cool to see or eat. Though, you do learn that not everywhere is particularly comfortable around a group of large, heavily tattooed men in black hoodies 😂 Though maybe the funniest reaction was this sweet old lady who was our waitress at the Milwaukee Cracker Barrel we stopped in. She was just fascinated by us ... and as nice as could be. 

That's just the way we roll up here. 🤣

Titleist TSR 2  9°

Taylormade V-Steel 3 wood

Ping G430 19°,23.5,28.5 Hybrids

PXG Gen 6 XP's 7-SW

Ping Redwood Anser

If a person gets mad at you for telling the truth, they're living a lie.

3 hours ago, Triple Lindy said:

I am SO envious of your weather, LP! We’re still in the 100s and humidity is creeping back up. It was tolerable with low humidity. My next round is Thursday and forecast shows lower humidity than today, but slightly higher than the past couple of weeks. High of 106°, but we’ll be ending our round just as temps break 100°. Our normal group hasn’t played together for a few weeks, so it will be fun to get back together again.

You boys are starting to make me think twice about moving south. 🤔 

• Haha 4

Titleist TSR 2  9°

PXG Gen 6 XP's 7-SW

Ping Redwood Anser

1 hour ago, bladehunter said:

It sure was a nice day around here today.  Overcast and 78 right now. That’s a great break .  Good on the pea picker too 😂.   

that kid came in today and told me he was “ the pea king of campobello “.  I couldn’t help myself I said “ Is that anything like  “ king sh** of turd mountain “?  😂.  

it seems that he’s discovered that he has a strain of purple hull  peas that are hard to find. He  planted a batch of seeds that I inherited … they’d been in the freezer for 15 years at least.  Well word spread amongst the old timers in the community and now he’s sold out today with 7 bushels reserved for the next 2 days.  And getting $75 a bushel shelled or $60 in the hull.  I’m laughing the whole time …. Not many 15 year olds learning how to run a business, and the value of a dollar these days.  He’s rambling now about expanding for next year….good times. 

I'm sure a cool day for you this time of year is a real treat.  Good on the "Pea King". If you play your cards right he may be running the entire operation soon and open some time for golf and finishing the car.

• Like 2

Golf Carts 

Photo 1.  When you look under the seat you realize this isn't your father's EZ-Go. 

Photo 2. A cluster of rented golf carts parked outside the cart barn. They will be needed for this weekend's tournament.

Cart #48 was good to me today.  

Edited by touch
  • Like 1

Callaway        Paradym  Hzrdus Silver 

Callaway        Epic Flash 3-5-7 fw's  Even Flow Green   
Callaway          X Hot 11 wood  Project X PXv

TM                  P790   6-PW  Recoil ESX 

PING               Glide 3.0  50, 56, 60  all SS 

TM                  Spider cs 

15 hours ago, bscinstnct said:

ARoj giving his teammates some chills and few thing to think about 

Awesome if this is the type of leadership he’s got

... I was sooooo psyched for Hard Knocks. It was gonna be epic. Couldn't hardly wait to hate on Rodgers. But you know the saying, hating someone is like ingesting poison and hoping the other person dies. I just couldn't stop myself from liking the guy. I already had immense respect for his talent but all I saw in Chicago was his arrogant attitude toward the Bears and their fans. Another saying, you see what you want to see and hear what you want to hear. So after watching the show, I am kinda rooting for the Jets and hope Rodgers does well. It was such an uplifting bummer. 🤪

• Like 3

Eventful evening.  I wanted to take some grips off of old clubs I’m not using.  Saved all five, but took me making 3 different tools to get the right 1.  Spent $12 on materials for the tools.  Didn’t take long to save $40 bucks.  

• Like 4

Driver - Testing in Progress

7W - Taylormade Ti Bubble II

4-5 Hybrids - Cleveland Halo XL (21*, 24*)

7i - GW - Titleist T200 7-GW

GW - Taylormade MG3 52*

SW - Sub70 JB Forged 56*

LW - Sub70 JB Forged 62*

Putter - Sled 01 (for thr moment)

Ball - Srixon Q Star

10 hours ago, chisag said:

... Glad you are ignoring the dumb azzes that think they should be banned. Putting is the cornerstone for my scoring and I get more compliments about my stroke than any other part of my game. But one day (hopefully a ways down the road) I imagine my back will force me into a long putter. I foresee lag putting being a huge issue but at least I will be able to play. 

I have not heard any comments yet and I do not expect any in the league I play in. Like one of my fellow members says "we are just old farts enjoying playing golf". Yeah nerve issues related to my back injury is causing part of my problems along with the dissociative thing with my eyes from the concussion. I am glad my lawyers kept the medical end of my lawsuit open. We are now finding out I have some long term medical effects from it. But you of all people know the road I have been through. The light at the end of the tunnel so to speak is as you say I am at least able to play to some extent. 

• Like 1

Driver--- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha--- Speeder 565 R flex

3W--- TM V-Steel TMR7 REAX 55g R

7W --- TM V Steel UST Pro Force 65 R flex

9W--- TM V Steel Stock V Steel R flex shaft

5 Hybrid-- Cobra Baffler DWS NVS 60A High Launch

Irons 5 thru PW 1985 Macgregor VIP Hogan Apex #2 shafts

SW -- Cleveland 588 56* Shaft Unknown

LW Vokey SM5 L Grind 58* 04 bounce Stock Vokey Shaft

Putter -- Rusty 1997 Scottie Santa Fe-- Fluted Bulls Eye Shaft

1 hour ago, touch said:

Golf Carts 

Photo 1.  When you look under the seat you realize this isn't your father's EZ-Go. 

Photo 2. A cluster of rented golf carts parked outside the cart barn. They will be needed for this weekend's tournament.

Cart #48 was good to me today.  

lithium battery golf cart .jpg

rental golf carts for tournament.jpg

mountains off in the distance at BFCC.jpg

We have an all gas powered fleet. The way our course operates they are able to turn carts right back out after a wash. Works well because we do not have to have as big of an inventory and they get like 8 to 10 18 hole rounds out of a 5 gallon tank of gas. Now they are noisy compared to electric but not as noisy as the older gas carts. I guess electric carts have evolved because I can remember in the past on mountain courses they did good to make 18 holes especially when the batteries got older

• Like 2

6 hours ago, chisag said:

... I was sooooo psyched for Hard Knocks. It was gonna be epic. Couldn't hardly wait to hate on Rodgers. But you know the saying, hating someone is like ingesting poison and hoping the other person dies. I just couldn't stop myself from liking the guy. I already had immense respect for his talent but all I saw in Chicago was his arrogant attitude toward the Bears and their fans. Another saying, you see what you want to see and hear what you want to hear. So after watching the show, I am kinda rooting for the Jets and hope Rodgers does well. It was such an uplifting bummer. 🤪

Thanks chi! I must have zone out on this, thanks for mentioning, I gotta check it out. 

I wonder if ARoj will play any of the preseason games.

Meantime 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, chisag said:

Please turn in your Chicago Bears man card. 😅

• Haha 3

Titleist TSR 2  9°

PXG Gen 6 XP's 7-SW

Ping Redwood Anser

6 hours ago, NJBigFish22 said:

Eventful evening.  I wanted to take some grips off of old clubs I’m not using.  Saved all five, but took me making 3 different tools to get the right 1.  Spent $12 on materials for the tools.  Didn’t take long to save $40 bucks.  

What did you end up making it out of NJ?

Titleist TSR 2  9°

PXG Gen 6 XP's 7-SW

Ping Redwood Anser

54 minutes ago, braincramp52 said:

What did you end up making it out of NJ?

First I tried a metal coat hanger and it wasn’t sturdy enough, then I tried bamboo skewers, probably would have worked, but couldn’t find metal.  So I found these expandable s’more forks.  I took them apart and it gave me a long enough straight piece that was also thin but stable.  

• Like 1

Driver - Testing in Progress

7W - Taylormade Ti Bubble II

4-5 Hybrids - Cleveland Halo XL (21*, 24*)

7i - GW - Titleist T200 7-GW

GW - Taylormade MG3 52*

SW - Sub70 JB Forged 56*

LW - Sub70 JB Forged 62*

Putter - Sled 01 (for thr moment)

Ball - Srixon Q Star

41 minutes ago, NJBigFish22 said:

First I tried a metal coat hanger and it wasn’t sturdy enough, then I tried bamboo skewers, probably would have worked, but couldn’t find metal.  So I found these expandable s’more forks.  I took them apart and it gave me a long enough straight piece that was also thin but stable.  

I’ve never attempted to save grips. Of course, I’ve never had any worth saving because by the time if finally change my grips, they’re completely worn out.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, chisag said:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, NJBigFish22 said:

I made a couple a while back off some round stainless steel stock I found on the scrap yard. Same diameter as a coat hanger but stiffer. I just took a hammer and flattened out the end on my vice. I did take an old broomstick ( not the putter kind) and cut it and drilled it used epoxy to help secure and made handles where I would not poke it through my hand. I did have quite a stock of grips especially Tour Wraps. I used to surprisingly find POS no name clubs in the bins with good grips especially Tour Wraps and Tour Velvets. I would buy the club for like 10 cents pull the grip and sell back for scrap for like 7 cents. My stock is low since I retired and have not been to the yard in darn near 3 years now. I got rid of some clubs I put those grips on plus I did a boatload of local business putting on used grips ( and you pick them) for $3 each. I install grips with air so I rotate sets especially on the classic side of things

• Like 1

Checking the viscosity of maple syrup. 

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Soloman1 said:

I’m confused, as usual…

What are you doing with these metal, bamboo, fork things?

Using them to remove and save grips. 

Edited by braincramp52
  • Like 1

Titleist TSR 2  9°

PXG Gen 6 XP's 7-SW

Ping Redwood Anser

11 minutes ago, braincramp52 said:

Using them to remove and save grips. 

OK. I can’t visualize it, but I don’t have my glasses on.

Never used anything like that. After using a syringe to inject solvent around the inside of the grip from top to bottom, I can twist them off while it’s in the vise.

• Like 1

i don’t need no stinkin’ shift key

31 minutes ago, bladehunter said:

@TiScape   Etc.  

on the car front.  I figured I’m the biggest geek here. But that some might appreciate what just happened to me. 

while I was on the phone with one customer reading off info to his car that I’m going to start on in November , I get another call. So after I’m finished I redial that number. And it’s a man I met  once while in the loft of a barn. 😂.  We were both privy to an estate sale before the sale. We struck up a conversation then and he remembered my name.  

fast forward to today.  He finds my number from a mutual acquaintance and Calls me up.  And says “ I’m looking at this mustang in a lady’s basement.  Where are the usual rust spots “. Asking me because that’s what I do mainly.  So I began to describe where to look. This went on for 20 minutes before I said “ is it a fastback or a coupe”.  He says fastback.  So I perk up.  And another 20 minutes in I said “ what engine is in it. If any “. And I heard the pause that all of us in the underworld or cars knows. That pause of “ do I trust this guy or not … do I say.  Or not “.   And after that pause he says “ cobra jet “.  And I immediately started trying too squash my excitement 😂.   And hold back questions to a one at a time level.  I asked all the questions and got perfect answers …. This is a 68 R code 428 CJ fastback. White . With a C6 automatic.  430 rear axle gears.  And it’s perfect head to toe.  Even the right tag on the factory Holley carb. And the lady says her husband bought it new after Vietnam.  And she’s holding the yellow Sc title.  Which is how the old ones are from the dealer. I mean this is unobtanium stuff. 

my advice was anything under $50k was a felony.  I’d bet he gets it under 30.  This is the car that was built to legalize that engine for certain nhra drag series.  Because it needed to be a production engine to be legal.  Very few made and it’s been in a basement 3 minutes from my shop the whole time.  I still don’t know where 🤣.  He just said “ it’s close by …3-4 minutes “.  Crazy. Potential half million dollar car.  

Oh wow blade! That’s so cool. It’s the “barn” find story of hot rodders dreams. Only thing that makes it better is if it’s an all original 69 Yenko Camaro 😉 

Haha

• Like 2

6 hours ago, braincramp52 said:

Please turn in your Chicago Bears man card. 😅

... Not so fast. I have re-channeled my Bears man card negative energy to Jordan Love, where it can actually do some good. 

Edited by chisag
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Triple Lindy said:

I’d be happy to find a used Scotty Cameron at a garage sale under $100.

Funny - I actually found my first Scotty in the used section of an Edwin Watts (remember those?!) golf shop in LA for $99. No clue why it was so cheap; it was a decent condition Newport 2; forget the year of it. I'd just gone in to pick up a dozen balls and, as usual, checked out the putter section. Saw it and was like "Oh, wonder how much they want for ... wait, no way." 

• Like 2

Titleist TSR3 8° LA GOLF DJ 

Titleist TS2 18° Diamana D+

Titleist TSR2 21° Diamana D+ 

Titleist TSi2 24° Diamana D+

Titleist T100 5-7, 620MB LA GOLF L

Vokey 50.8°F, 56.14°F, 60.04°T LA GOLF WV

Scotty Cameron Newport LA GOLF P

• GwrxMod changed the title to The Links Lounge (*** NO POLITICS/RELIGION ***)
  • GwrxMod changed the title to The Links Lounge (*** NO POLITICS/RELIGION/LIV ***)