Fujikura iron shafts.

QuigleyDU

I just received my Axiom 105 x stiff shafts and did up a 7 iron Srixon zx7 mkii compairson to my Srixon z785’s with KBS c-taper 120 stiff. Spent about half hour on the range with them today. Pretty impressive. Thought dispersion was the same, mis hits were easy on the hands and I was about a club longer. Ball flight window was a little higher bout just slightly. Will be in simulator next week to get the numbers but certainly looks very promising. I am a 4 handicap with decent swing speed. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I should have a report tomorrow on the 125x’s. Building up a set as we speak with my Miura mc-502 and vokey’s. Had to only use a few gram tip weights in a couple of the shafts to get a swing weight progression starting at D4 my 4 iron and D 5.5 in my 60. 

• Like 1

SIM2 8 degree - Ventus Black 7x

SIM2 3 wood - Ventus Black 8x

Srixon ZX Utility 2 Iron - Ventus Black 10TX

Mizuno MP-20 MMC 4-PW - Project X 6.5

Mizuno T20 50/55/60 - Project X 6.5

Scotty Cameron Phantom X 5.5

Titleist ProV1x Left Dash

2 hours ago, KingTitus said:

I should have a report tomorrow on the 125x’s. Building up a set as we speak with my Miura mc-502 and vokey’s. Had to only use a few gram tip weights in a couple of the shafts to get a swing weight progression starting at D4 my 4 iron and D 5.5 in my 60. 

Super interested to hear your feedback as this is set makeup and SW I would have as well.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ajc1234 said:

I currently play with P7MC 6-PW and P770 5 iron with nippon 105 Stiff. Receiving my axiom 105 stiff tomorrow. Hopefully will get in couple of rounds Friday and Saturday to give some report here. Wonder how the heavy heads of p7MC feel with these. 

Can’t wait to hear. Mine coming in today but not sure yet what heads to put them into so might be a week before I can decide. 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, KingTitus said:

First round in the books with them. Nothing like going out with a fresh build and having no idea what the numbers are. Based on my quad on the range, they launched about 1 degree higher but spun about 300rpm less than the dynamic gold X7's I had in them. My X7's were swing weighted from D6-D8, so the lighter swing weight and slightly lighter overall weight took a few swings on the range to get used to. The shaft has a great feel to them with a little bit of kick but overall super smooth feeling. Ball coming off the face felt super soft and no vibrations through the hands was a nice change to the X7's. Played both the LA golf L Series 120 5 and 6 flex before. These have a bit more feel to them compared to both, which I like. Also, they swing weight so much easier as I had to previously play my clubs at D1.5-D2 with the LA's. 

Overall, a big fan of them after today. I will be giving them a few more days of testing to validate my initial feelings but after I had 225 out on a par 5 today and stuck a 4 iron to 3 feet, I'd say they'll likely work. And yes, I did lip out the eagle putt and tapped in for birdie! lol 

If these stay in the bag, that will be 13/14 clubs in the bag with a velocore logo. I might have a problem. 

“Tapped in for birdie”

I’ll take 4 words I’ve never said before in my entire fu*king life for $500 Alex . . 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Grouchykona said:

“Tapped in for birdie”

I’ll take 4 words I’ve never said before in my entire fu*king life for $500 Alex . . 

LOL. Not sure if I was more thrilled with my 4 iron shot or more upset with the ball for staying out after 1/3 of it rolled over the lip before taking a nice 90 degree turn. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KingTitus said:

First round in the books with them. Nothing like going out with a fresh build and having no idea what the numbers are. Based on my quad on the range, they launched about 1 degree higher but spun about 300rpm less than the dynamic gold X7's I had in them. My X7's were swing weighted from D6-D8, so the lighter swing weight and slightly lighter overall weight took a few swings on the range to get used to. The shaft has a great feel to them with a little bit of kick but overall super smooth feeling. Ball coming off the face felt super soft and no vibrations through the hands was a nice change to the X7's. Played both the LA golf L Series 120 5 and 6 flex before. These have a bit more feel to them compared to both, which I like. Also, they swing weight so much easier as I had to previously play my clubs at D1.5-D2 with the LA's. 

Overall, a big fan of them after today. I will be giving them a few more days of testing to validate my initial feelings but after I had 225 out on a par 5 today and stuck a 4 iron to 3 feet, I'd say they'll likely work. And yes, I did lip out the eagle putt and tapped in for birdie! lol 

If these stay in the bag, that will be 13/14 clubs in the bag with a velocore logo. I might have a problem. 

Great to hear they hold up to high speeds. They sound like the X7s on easy mode?

We need velocore in a putter shaft to make it 14/14

13 minutes ago, Trippels said:

Great to hear they hold up to high speeds. They sound like the X7s on easy mode?

We need velocore in a putter shaft to make it 14/14

Definitely a lot easier to move late in the round with these vs the X7's. Felt like I could go at 80% and still get the axiom to load and work properly. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, KingTitus said:

Are they as stable as the L-Series?  Currently play the MMT 125TX and it's a good shaft on stock swings, but when I go after one, I tend to lose balls to the left. 

Callaway AI Smoke Paradym 💎💎💎9* - Tour AD VF-7TX

TM Qi10 Tour 15* - Diamana GT 80TX

TM Tour Issue Rescue 11 TP Deep Face Proto 16* - Ventus Black HB 9TX

New Level NLU-01 21* - KBS Hybrid Proto 105X

New Level 623-M 5-PW - MMT 125TX

Miura Tour 54* HB - KBS 610 125 S+, New Level SPN forged M-grind 58* - KBS Tour 130X

Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2

9 minutes ago, phizzy30 said:

Are they as stable as the L-Series?  Currently play the MMT 125TX and it's a good shaft on stock swings, but when I go after one, I tend to lose balls to the left. 

Leaned on a few today and didn’t have any go left. They have an extremely stable feel so far. Will report back more as I get more swings with them 

• Thanks 2

I currently play Modus 105 stiff, and am curious if going to Axiom 105 stiff will be too stout? I am not a fast swinger, but I feel like going to 75's in the Axiom would be too light...

DR: Taylormade Qi10 10.5˚

FW: G430 LST 3W 15˚

FW: Taylormade Qi10 Tour 5W 18˚

HY: Ping G425 22˚H

IRONS: New Level 480DB 5-PW

WEDGES: New Level 50SS, 54VS, 59FF

PUTTER: Spider Tour CB 38" or Lajosi Lawson Longneck Proto

BALL: Maxfli Tour X

On 4/17/2023 at 5:13 PM, dronell3 said:

Had a couple of range sessions with them over the weekend. Love them so far… they are super smooth! Was previously playing the L series shafts and I definitely prefer the Axioms over them. Perfect combo in my opinion with my new black T200 irons. Reshafted a new 50 degree SM9 also and will probably build out a new set of wedges! Looking forward to taking them out to the course this week.

70322080269__1B0EDCEA-4C55-41FB-9DA8-CA3456BDC9AA.jpeg

IMG_7162.jpeg

IMG_7163.jpeg

very slick! Nice work. 

Driver: Paradym 3D Ventus black TR 6x

3 wood: Paradym 3d Ventus black TR 7x

19 degree UW: Ventus black TR 8x

Mizuno Pro Fli Hi 4 utility Hazrdus black 90 6.5 X

5 -PW: Callaway Apex MB, KBS $ taper 130X

Wedges - Jaws raw 50, 54, 59 KBS $ taper 130x

Putter- Mutant Wilson Staff 8802 with stroke lab shaft
BALL; Chrome Soft X

So after further testing, I’ll be sticking with my DG X7’s. No knock on these axiom shafts. The 125X has a very smooth feel, with a bit of a kick in the middle from what I can feel. After testing more on my quad, launch was about 1 degree higher and spin about 300rpm more vs the X7. Pretty impressive results when compared to how stiff the X7 is. The axiom worked very well for me when I was at about 85% SS. When I went after them hard, I tended to lose balls high and right. For reference I cruise around 125mph with driver and 103ish with a 7 iron. Will be posting the pulls up on BST shortly. PM if interested. Tipped everything as suggested on Fuji’s website. Played my vokeys with the following tipped:

50- 1”

56- .5”

60- 0”

Very much enjoyed the feeling the shafts, just not for me as I love the overall weight and swing weight of the X7’s across the bag. 

• Like 3

On 4/29/2023 at 9:32 AM, KingTitus said:

So after further testing, I’ll be sticking with my DG X7’s. No knock on these axiom shafts. The 125X has a very smooth feel, with a bit of a kick in the middle from what I can feel. After testing more on my quad, launch was about 1 degree higher and spin about 300rpm more vs the X7. Pretty impressive results when compared to how stiff the X7 is. The axiom worked very well for me when I was at about 85% SS. When I went after them hard, I tended to lose balls high and right. For reference I cruise around 125mph with driver and 103ish with a 7 iron. Will be posting the pulls up on BST shortly. PM if interested. Tipped everything as suggested on Fuji’s website. Played my vokeys with the following tipped:

50- 1”

56- .5”

60- 0”

Very much enjoyed the feeling the shafts, just not for me as I love the overall weight and swing weight of the X7’s across the bag. 

I wish I could relate to your speed… man, that’s gotta be a lot tougher finding the right equipment! 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Airjenks said:

I wish I could relate to your speed… man, that’s gotta be a lot tougher finding the right equipment! 

Add in the fact that I played collegiate baseball and have 20 years of a baseball swing engrained in my muscle memory…I could stop a 4 iron on a asphalt parking lot 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

22 hours ago, KingTitus said:

Add in the fact that I played collegiate baseball and have 20 years of a baseball swing engrained in my muscle memory…I could stop a 4 iron on a asphalt parking lot 😂

I can relate as I played baseball from Little League to high school.  Had the option to play college but I chose golf instead.  So glad I played baseball growing up though as that's where our speed/power comes through which translates into golf.  Not nearly as fast as you, but used to cruise at 122 in my younger years.  Now down a bit due to various injuries to my back and knees.  Where in SoCal are you located?  Also, thanks for the feedback.  Now I'm really tempted to switch over to the Axiom 125x. 

Edited by phizzy30

Miura Tour 54* HB - KBS 610 125 S+, New Level SPN forged M-grind 58* - KBS Tour 130X

2 hours ago, phizzy30 said:

I can relate as I played baseball from Little League to high school.  Had the option to play college but I chose golf instead.  So glad I played baseball growing up though as that's where our speed/power comes through which translates into golf.  Not nearly as fast as you, but used to cruise at 122 in my younger years.  Now down a bit due to various injuries to my back and knees.  Where in SoCal are you located?  Also, thanks for the feedback.  Now I'm really tempted to switch over to the Axiom 125x. 

I’m in north county area of SD. Grew up in Temecula and have a new house being built there now. What about you? 

Axioms had a great feel. I’d say very similar to the MMT’s 

Just now, KingTitus said:

I’m in north county area of SD. Grew up in Temecula and have a new house being built there now. What about you? 

LA area, more specifically West Covina. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, KingTitus said:

I grew up on hole 11 at Lomas Santa Fe CC... Went to TP high school, you?

PING G430 10K Max 9 degree (digitally lofted) DI VF 6X  44.5" D5 

G430 17 HY DI HY 85 X

TSR2 21 HY DI HY 85 X

4 THRU PW King Tour KBS $ Taper 120

VOKEY 48 "F" KBS $ Taper 120

VOKEY 54 "F" S400

VOKEY 60 "V" S400

JAILBIRD CRUISER 38"

HOOFER LITE BLACK CAMO 

PROV1

Just snagged my axiom 125g i got them in the new zx7’s. My SS jumped a bit from last year or else I would have stuck with my older zx7’s, I love the hell outta them.

Anyways, only hit a bucket of balls on the range and then some on the quad indoors. Extremely stable shafts, I was shocked.. even the fitter who’s a plus handicap was impressed by the feel. Spin and trajectory were lower than my gamers noticeably. However I was spinning my 7 iron 8,000rpm’s with S steel shafts. I wanted both a lot lower and they hit the windows for sure. 

got a few tourneys coming up, so I won’t switch for a few weeks but I’ll give the quad a workout and try to throw some comparisons up soon.

On 4/29/2023 at 12:32 PM, KingTitus said:

50- 1”

56- .5”

60- 0”

Any reason you went the other way with tipping for the wedges? Per Fujikara wouldn't you have done 50 - straight in, 56 - .5" and 60 - 1"? I personally will most likey tip all my wedges 1" to get more of a stiffer feel through them but just curious.