Fujikura iron shafts.

QuigleyDU

3 hours ago, EaglesGolf99 said:

.... Quite honestly, without going into too much detail, I planned on ordering somewhere in the neighborhood of 15 sets of AXIOMs for myself (minimum of 120 pieces + Wedges). I was considering reshafting my entire collection with the AXIOMs as long as a test run held up to expectations. Guess I don't have to swallow that pill. 

Good Lord! That is a hell of a proposition!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

38 minutes ago, Fujikura Golf said:

we're still here 🙂 we appreciate everyone's interest and feedback.

This is, and has been, our policy across the board guys. Nothing new here with AXIOM. All Fujikura shafts are sold built up through our dealers or an OEM. For wood shafts that means with a grip and tip adapter/sleeve installed and for iron shafts that means installed in a set of irons as a finished set.

@Fujikura Golfno true at all. 

I've got somewhere between 12-15 Ventus VeloCore Shafts in my closest that contradict. 

Edited by EaglesGolf99

1 minute ago, cmy said:

Which would play stiffer: a MMT TX Flex or Axiom X Flex?

No idea. I don’t think there are many that can answer this question yet. 

Driver: Paradym 3D Ventus black TR 6x

3 wood: Paradym 3d Ventus black TR 7x

19 degree UW: Ventus black TR 8x

Mizuno Pro Fli Hi 4 utility Hazrdus black 90 6.5 X

5 -PW: Callaway Apex MB, KBS $ taper 130X

Wedges - Jaws raw 50, 54, 59 KBS $ taper 130x

Putter- Mutant Wilson Staff 8802 with stroke lab shaft
BALL; Chrome Soft X

10 minutes ago, QuigleyDU said:

No idea. I don’t think there are many that can answer this question yet. 

I believe Txg guys said they are going to be getting their hands on the shafts soon and it will be relatively easy to get the frequency details after that.

I'm going to be at club champ next Friday but I don't think they'll have any in yet for me to hit. Maybe the fitter will have an idea. Thought I heard mmt 125tx butt frequency was around 7.0 on rifle? Hard to imagine going much stiffer at least on that end. 

When I look at the EI profile of mmt125tx, the "stiffness rating" is a 21. Most "x flex" stuff from irons to graphite woods is usually 18-19. 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Z1ggy16 said:

I believe Txg guys said they are going to be getting their hands on the shafts soon and it will be relatively easy to get the frequency details after that.

I'm going to be at club champ next Friday but I don't think they'll have any in yet for me to hit. Maybe the fitter will have an idea. Thought I heard mmt 125tx butt frequency was around 7.0 on rifle? Hard to imagine going much stiffer at least on that end. 

When I look at the EI profile of mmt125tx, the "stiffness rating" is a 21. Most "x flex" stuff from irons to graphite woods is usually 18-19. 

Woods surprise me if the MMTs were that stiff. I always though they felt pretty soft.

• Like 1

BALL; Chrome Soft X

2 minutes ago, QuigleyDU said:

Woods surprise me if the MMTs were that stiff. I always though they felt pretty soft.

Maybe you're just a very strong & strapping lad 😅

They are a typical stiff soft stiff profile, similar in shape to blueboard. So you're prob feeling that small little kick, but from what I see it's overall still quite stiff. Even the 105tx is marked as a 21. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, EaglesGolf99 said:

@Fujikura Golfno true at all. 

I've got somewhere between 12-15 Ventus VeloCore Shafts in my closest that contradict. 

I think all that means is you bought them from a qualified fitter, or at least the individual has a fitters account with Fujikura. 

I do think it's a little rich that you're boldly telling the manufacturer that they're wrong about their own policy but we can leave that one alone

• Like 4

Taylormade SIM2 - Project X Hzrdus Smoke Black RDX 70 6.5

Cobra LTD 3w - Project X Evenflow Black 85 6.0

Cobra LTD 5w - Project X Evenflow Black 85 6.0

PXG 0311x 4 DI - Mitsubishi MMT 90s

New Level 902 OS 5-PW - Mitsubishi MMT 105s
New Level 902 OS 50 - Mitsubishi MMT 105x

Scratch Forged SS 56 - Nippon Modus Wedge 115

Scratch Forged SS 60 - Nippon Modus Wedge 115

Custom MackMade Putter

Vice Pro

1 hour ago, Z1ggy16 said:

Let us know if CC has them in this Friday. 

50 minutes ago, ChristopherMcDonald said:

I think all that means is you bought them from a qualified fitter, or at least the individual has a fitters account with Fujikura. 

I do think it's a little rich that you're boldly telling the manufacturer that they're wrong about their own policy but we can leave that one alone

I'll use Golf Works as an example. 

Call them up and order a couple Ventus VeloCore Driver/Wood Shafts. 

No problem. Raw blanks, no problem. Quite a few Driver/Fairway options that don't require Adapter Tips aka Bonded Clubheads.

As far as I understand it, that is not a channel for the AXIOM. 

Modus 105-x player in irons for years

love the feel and release

wondering about the 105….. s or x ?

Ping G430 Max - Accra Fx3.0 140-M0 / VA Nemesys 6-S

Mizuno ST-Max 3W - LIN-Q M40X Red 5F3

Ping G430 7W - AD-DI 7-S 
Cobra King Tour 4-PW - Modus 105-S
Cleveland RTX6 50 / 54 - DG spinner / 60 - Oban CT 125-S
PXG Battle Ready Bat Attack 

3 hours ago, EaglesGolf99 said:

No problem. Raw blanks, no problem. Quite a few Driver/Fairway options that don't require Adapter Tips aka Bonded Clubheads.

Manufacture policy doesn’t always mean it’s followed… 

good example is those bettinardi’s being blown out at Costco without their consent; these things happen.

Edited by ChristopherMcDonald
  • Like 1

Taylormade SIM2 - Project X Hzrdus Smoke Black RDX 70 6.5

Cobra LTD 3w - Project X Evenflow Black 85 6.0

Cobra LTD 5w - Project X Evenflow Black 85 6.0

PXG 0311x 4 DI - Mitsubishi MMT 90s

New Level 902 OS 5-PW - Mitsubishi MMT 105s
New Level 902 OS 50 - Mitsubishi MMT 105x

Scratch Forged SS 56 - Nippon Modus Wedge 115

Scratch Forged SS 60 - Nippon Modus Wedge 115

Custom MackMade Putter

Vice Pro

9 hours ago, Fujikura Golf said:

This is, and has been, our policy across the board guys. Nothing new here with AXIOM. All Fujikura shafts are sold built up through our dealers or an OEM. For wood shafts that means with a grip and tip adapter/sleeve installed and for iron shafts that means installed in a set of irons as a finished set.

Thanks for all the comments and insights. My question is, if these shafts need to be installed by a certified Fujikura dealer, where do I find one in continental Europe? 

1 hour ago, Nic1972 said:

Thanks for all the comments and insights. My question is, if these shafts need to be installed by a certified Fujikura dealer, where do I find one in continental Europe? 

For us Europeans Nordica golf is selling the irons shafts blank to do what you please with them similar to how they sell other graphite wood shafts and steel iron shafts, not sure about North America but there's a number of dealers in Europe who sell blanks to the public. Including Ventus etc. don't see why Axiom will be any different as they're approved dealers for Fuji product.

Link for reference Fujikura AXIOM Graphite Iron Shafts (nordicagolf.co.uk)

Edited by smithy925
  • Thanks 1

Titleist TSR3 9* - Mitsubishi Tensei 1K Orange 60TX
Titleist TSi3 15* - Fujikura Ventus Black 7X

Titleist TSR3 18* - Fujikura Ventus Black 8X
Mizuno Pro 225 2 iron - Fujikura Ventus Black 9TX
Mizuno Pro 223 4&5 - Project X 6.5
Mizuno Pro 221 6-PW - Project X 6.5
Vokey SM9 52.12F - Project X 6.5
Vokey SM9 56.12D - Project X 6.5
Vokey SM9 60.08M - Project X 6.5
2010 Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2

Question for @Fujikura Golf are the shafts labelled in terms of whether theyre the SP, MP or LP? Either on serial number sticker or otherwise?

18 minutes ago, smithy925 said:

For us Europeans Nordica golf is selling the irons shafts blank to do what you please with them similar to how they sell other graphite wood shafts and steel iron shafts, not sure about North America but there's a number of dealers in Europe who sell blanks to the public. Including Ventus etc. don't see why Axiom will be any different as they're approved dealers for Fuji product.

Link for reference Fujikura AXIOM Graphite Iron Shafts (nordicagolf.co.uk)

Thanks a lot. My problem is that I would need somebody able to build the clubs, and it seems quite complex from the explanation Fuji provides. Therefore I asked if there is a dealer here who could do it.

I need to check with my usual club builder. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Nic1972 said:

Thanks a lot. My problem is that I would need somebody able to build the clubs, and it seems quite complex from the explanation Fuji provides. Therefore I asked if there is a dealer here who could do it.

I need to check with my usual club builder. 

I'd imagine you local club fitter can builder will be fine to put these together, I'm UK based and there's plenty here but understand that might be different for you on the continent. 

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Red4282 said:

Doubt it but im pretty sure there will be ways to get them for self build. Just a hunch

I know there is. 

• Like 1

BALL; Chrome Soft X

15 hours ago, Z1ggy16 said:

So this sounds like the MMT 105 S would be more equivalent to the S400?

19 hours ago, Fujikura Golf said:

It's a stupid policy. Why do they have to be built by a dealer? Is it just so that they can make more money or another reason?

These are a complex build with the three sets within the set and it needs to be right. Then there are warrantee considerations also.  I have a set of 105s coming.  

• Like 1

In the bag: Playing --- TaylorMade  Qi 10 (core) driver w/Fujikura Ventus Blue 6S. 3wd TM (OG) SIM (special smaller tour only head, same that TW was playing prior to the '24 Genesis approx 160cc) @ 15.*) with Fujikura Ventus 7-S.  5 wd TM SIM w/Fujikura Speeder 857TR-S (Japan made)

HyBrids-Cleveland Hi-Bore #1 (16* plays like 2-Iron) W/Fuji-S Tipped 1/2".  SIM Max #4 (set @ 21.5* w/ Fuji Atmos HB8 9S.  IRONS:  TM M3 4i (2*weak)w SteelFiber i95-S,  P790 3, 5-PW,  w/Fuji Pro 95i-S. SW TM MG4  54*/11 bent to 53*/10 w/ Precision Rifle 6.0-S. LW TaylorMade Hi Toe 3, 58/10 w/Modus Tour 105 Stiff. Putter-- BOBBY GRACE Night&Day-Custom, "M.Coz-Bandsaw Prototype". Ball 2022 TaylorMade Tour Response
 Alternating clubs: the 5wd, TM Hybrid Stealth 2+ #2, 3Iron, depending on what part of the country, course, climate, and conditions.

19 hours ago, EaglesGolf99 said:

I'm in a different industry but this is a very common thing where a certified dealer will backdoor them to non-certified dealers just cutting their margins some, a lot of times it's to help with meeting the thresholds (annual $ amount or opening order etc..) of becoming a certified dealer and they certainly won't be advertising to Fuji that they are selling them sideways to other people lol. Happens more than you would think. Also if you notice a few people chimed in with mysterious "I may have a way to get them" it's really not hard to believe that the policy is almost impossible to enforce across the board.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dkpnole said:

I'm in a different industry but this is a very common thing where a certified dealer will backdoor them to non-certified dealers just cutting their margins some, a lot of times it's to help with meeting the thresholds (annual $ amount or opening order etc..) of becoming a certified dealer and they certainly won't be advertising to Fuji that they are selling them sideways to other people lol. Happens more than you would think. Also if you notice a few people chimed in with mysterious "I may have a way to get them" it's really not hard to believe that the policy is almost impossible to enforce across the board.

Oooooh. I get it. Trust me on that one. 

Exception becoming the rule....

"I gotta backdoor my Fujikura Shafts!"

Becoming alllllllllllll too much of a common trend in the world.

Is it a tactic to drive exclusivity?

(set in an abandoned, random, Golf Smith parking lot)

....."there was a shipping error by Fujikura, I got these fresh AXIOMs, only set, $175 each. But because we boys, if you take 10, because we grew up in the 'hood together, I'll do you for $1500..... No Checks or PayPal either. Ever heard of Cash App?"

..... When that day comes, I'm done, I'm out! 

2 hours ago, MCoz said:

These are a complex build with the three sets within the set and it needs to be right. Then there are warrantee considerations also.  I have a set of 105s coming.  

The warranty I get. However, you cut the shaft, you prep the tip, you glue the shaft, you cut the shaft, you grip the shaft. It’s not scientific it’s an art project. 
Ruler, hacksaw, scissors(to scrape tip paint), sand paper, grip tape, epoxy, grip. Nothing fancy required

Edited by mogc60
  • Thanks 1

Cobra Aero LS 9 Fuji Evo IV 569 X

Honma TR21 15* VIZARD FP7 Stiff

Honma TR21 HY 18* VIZARD UT 7

Honma TR21 HY 21* VIZARD UT 8

Honma TR21X 5-11 VIZARD IBWF 100

HighToe MG3 54* VIZARD IB 120

HighToe MG3 58*/13 VIZARD IB 120

MackMade custom Slide MMT putter