2024 PGA Championship WITB Photos ×

Fujikura iron shafts.

QuigleyDU

Been gaming Fuji Pro 85s for almost two years now.  Absolutely have loved everything about them.  Been doing some light speed training at the beginning of the year, and now that these are out, I am contemplating moving up in weight.  I'm going to get fit of course, but I'm curious, how the Axiom 105 stiff would compare to the Fuji Pros in 85/95 stiff as far as launch goes.  I moved from steel into the Fuji Pros because of the added height they gave me as a very low launch/low spin player.

WITB 2023
- Srixon Zx5 mkII 10.5*, Tensei AV Blue 55s
-TSi2 16.5* Accra FX 2.0
-TSi2 18* hybrid, Fuji Motore F3
-TSi2 21* hybrid, Fuji Motore F3
-ZX7 5-PW, Fuji Pro 85
-50/54/58 Cleveland Zipcore TR, Fuji Pro 95 TS
-Sik Pro-C
-2023 Z-Star Diamond

Hi all - thanks for the continued feedback. As a reminder, AXIOM shafts will only be sold through authorized Fuji charter dealers in a built set. They will not be available for golfers to buy in raw form for DIY/home builds. 

On 2/16/2023 at 10:53 AM, wedgegame said:

I mean, if Fujikura wanted to send some demos to anyone participating in this thread I doubt anyone would turn them down. 

maybe! We have some ideas...

On 2/16/2023 at 2:20 PM, Trippels said:

@Fujikura Golf So when are we getting velocore putter shafts?

Now that would be something...!

On 2/16/2023 at 3:37 PM, Mp14forlife said:

I'd be too nervous sanding these down to fit . Heck, I  get nervous just basic tip prepping graphite for epoxy. 

No need to be nervous, your local experienced club builder can do it for you!

On 2/16/2023 at 7:31 PM, third-times-a-charm said:

Look I'm the first person to trash Fuji when the opportunity arises but this taper tip vs parallel thing is nonsense. Anyone who wont play a .370 parallel shaft because 'they only play taper tip' for whatever dumb reason is a complete clown. A properly trimmed and prepped .370 parallel shaft plays the exact same as a .355 taper and the prep difference is negligible from a competent builder.

Thanks, I think?! 😉 You're spot on about tip prep, it is not an issue through our dealer network.

On 2/17/2023 at 4:33 AM, howeber said:

Now we know why JW brought the set to TXG to build… he didn’t trust the Cally Tour Dept with something so complicated! 😜

Seriously though, as someone who is a big Fuji fan and has done my fair share of club work I know practically it won’t really make a difference and it’s really not too much to ask of any experienced club builder. But as many on this site I’m a bit OCD about my clubs being as perfect as possible and the idea of different tipping and slightly different total weights requiring different tip weights in every third iron shaft just seems to add so many extra variables into the equation that even though I’m sure they’ll perform at the end of the day, it’s the mental aspect of knowing they’re all different that would drive me nuts. Especially at the price point. 

I’ll for sure give them a whack but I’m pretty sure I’ll be sticking with MMTs, which I’ve been super impressed with. 

We have done lots of homework on how these clubs are built to ensure proper & consistent weighting. They won't be different as you described. Our charter dealers will be well equipped with the technical & build information about our new irons and the 3-part parallel system. The early feedback from our dealers has been very positive about the set even just on paper, that's before they have hit them.

On 2/17/2023 at 9:17 AM, Z1ggy16 said:

The point is it's investing a relative small amount of time for the extra work vs the time you'd use the product for. Even if you spend 2 extra hours building... That's nothing if you play and practice regularly.

I'm not a pro Fuji or pro this product person, I think the price point is dumb but the complaints by ppl can all be easily dismissed and I haven't found any [arguments] that really make lots of sense. The only thing I'll agree with is that it's unlikely these are any or that much better than other premium graphite, so the price point is prohibitive.

Btw I'm sure you can find a cheap used chop saw with the proper wheel on Facebook or wherever for $50. Sounds like time is money for you so... Could be worth the investment.

Sorry you feel the pricing is dumb. AXIOM is our new, premium iron shaft offering featuring VeloCore Technology and is priced accordingly. We offer Vista Pro and PRO irons that are priced at $50 and $55, respectively, which are other options in our line for golfers with different budget requirements.

To address your skepticism thinking these are "unlikely these are much better," we have integrated VeloCore technology into AXIOM, the same technology that made VENTUS the #1 selling wood shaft on the market (in it's price category, according to Datatech) and played by ~30% of the PGA Tour each week. This is validation that VeloCore in our wood shafts was a significant innovation in the industry and a big step forward for wood shaft performance. AXIOM with VeloCore now brings that same significant advancement in performance to iron shafts and we're excited for golfers to try them in the near future. 

We look forward to when AXIOM hits our dealers that golfers will be able to test them and get fit and share their experience.

• Like 4

http://fujikuragolf.com http://fujikuragolf.com/dealer-locator

6 minutes ago, Fujikura Golf said:

To address your skepticism thinking these are "unlikely these are much better," we have integrated VeloCore technology into AXIOM, the same technology that made VENTUS the #1 selling wood shaft on the market (in it's price category, according to Datatech) and played by ~30% of the PGA Tour each week. This is validation that VeloCore in our wood shafts was a significant innovation in the industry and a big step forward for wood shaft performance. AXIOM with VeloCore now brings that same significant advancement in performance to iron shafts and we're excited for golfers to try them in the near future. 

My goodness, someone tell @Fujikura Golf that the dunk contest was already over with last weekend!!!

Vince Carter Basketball GIF by NBA

• Like 3

Titleist TSR2 9* - Ventus TR Red 6X

Titleist TS3 4W 16.5* - T1100 Evenflow White 6.5

W/S UT 20* - HZRDUS Black RDX 6.0

Callaway Apex '19 4-PW - PX Rifle 6.0

Vokey SM9 49* - PX Rifle 6.0

Vokey SM8 54/58 - PX Rifle 6.0

SINK 1992 Custom

2 minutes ago, BraxtonFullerton said:

My goodness, someone tell @Fujikura Golf that the dunk contest was already over with last weekend!!!

Vince Carter Basketball GIF by NBA

Lol I don't think any company should try to be dunking on it's customer base, no? It's expensive, no need to project. Plus, this is wrx, we all drive it 300 and break par regularly. People here will buy it, and they will still like it regardless of price. Some want the very best. Others are more practical... That's all. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I’m really interested in these shafts and have been a big Fujikura supporter over the years and having had a lot of graphite over the past 10 years, I do like options.  I do have an issue with having my friend a club builder sand down the tips to make fit my tapered tip heads.  

My only hang up unfortunately is the price and being a 95 gram (stiff) player for 10 years as well as not getting younger I am afraid the drop of ~20 grams to a 75 gram is too much and increasing 10 grams to 105 is not the answer at my age.

But being in Canada once you factor in the exchange and taxes you are quickly approaching $200 CAD per shaft.  Very expensive experiment especially for someone who has to carefully manage their golf budget but wants good quality equipment.  I just wish they weren’t so expensive.

1 hour ago, third-times-a-charm said:

So do we go Ventus HB or Axiom iron in our 4 iron/3 iron/driving iron/utility builds, now? HELP

You can compare weights and flexes for both butt and tip stiffness for the HBs and axioms on the Fuji website. 

I can see for example that the axiom 105X should be a couple of grams heavier than the ventus HB blue 10x. Same butt stiffness, HB stiffer tip. 

Then the ventus black 10tx is like a axiom 105xx

21 hours ago, Fujikura Golf said:

Hi all - thanks for the continued feedback. As a reminder, AXIOM shafts will only be sold through authorized Fuji charter dealers in a built set. They will not be available for golfers to buy in raw form for DIY/home builds. 

maybe! We have some ideas...

Now that would be something...!

No need to be nervous, your local experienced club builder can do it for you!

Thanks, I think?! 😉 You're spot on about tip prep, it is not an issue through our dealer network.

We have done lots of homework on how these clubs are built to ensure proper & consistent weighting. They won't be different as you described. Our charter dealers will be well equipped with the technical & build information about our new irons and the 3-part parallel system. The early feedback from our dealers has been very positive about the set even just on paper, that's before they have hit them.

Sorry you feel the pricing is dumb. AXIOM is our new, premium iron shaft offering featuring VeloCore Technology and is priced accordingly. We offer Vista Pro and PRO irons that are priced at $50 and $55, respectively, which are other options in our line for golfers with different budget requirements.

We look forward to when AXIOM hits our dealers that golfers will be able to test them and get fit and share their experience.

So basically only the club champion types have access... Cool... 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Driver: Paradym 3D Ventus black TR 6x

3 wood: Paradym 3d Ventus black TR 7x

19 degree UW: Ventus black TR 8x

Mizuno Pro Fli Hi 4 utility Hazrdus black 90 6.5 X

5 -PW: Callaway Apex MB, KBS $ taper 130X

Wedges - Jaws raw 50, 54, 59 KBS $ taper 130x

Putter- Mutant Wilson Staff 8802 with stroke lab shaft
BALL; Chrome Soft X

5 minutes ago, EaglesGolf99 said:

Yea, that sucks pretty bad. I'd never have Club Champion touch my sticks. Guess I'm out on the AXIOM. 

I do understand why I think. They are parallel tipped so building them up would involve tipping at the right increments, then trimming the tip to fit into taper hosels or reaming hosels to accept parallel shafts, then cutting down to length. Lots of places as a home builder to muck it up. I personally would not feel confident enough in my ability to do that. I would want someone experienced to do that and get it right. Plus this for Fuji cuts down and pissed off home builders that say their products sucks or wants warranties etc. If it is through authorized builders. The builders take on the responsibility and it is less headache for claims etc for bad builds. I get all that. 

I just dont want to deal with the wallet looting that is Club Champion or other builders like that. 

Edited by QuigleyDU
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

BALL; Chrome Soft X

5 minutes ago, QuigleyDU said:

I do understand why I think. They are parallel tipped so building them up would involve tipping at the right increments, then trimming the tip to fit into taper hosels or reaming hosels to accept parallel shafts, then cutting down to length. Lots of places as a home builder to muck it up. I personally would not feel confident enough in my ability to do that. I would want someone experienced to do that and get it right. Plus this for Fuji cuts down and pissed off home builders that say their products sucks or wants warranties etc. If it is through authorized builders. The builders take on the responsibility and it is less headache for claims etc for bad builds. I get all that. 

I just dont want to deal with the wallet looting that is Club Champion or other builders like that. 

That's the thing, I don't build. I give it to my Master Builder. He's got 20-25 years of building, has a brick and mortar location, just top notch all the way around. Been working together now for 8-9 years. He chooses not to have a Fujikura Account. He's the only guy that would build my stuff. So on the AXIOM, I guess I'm out. 

I know I may be an anomaly, but at $105 per Shaft, and 10 Irons/Wedges per Set, $1,050 to Reshaft a Set, I'm making the decision who is putting it together. That doesn't even touch taking into consideration a $25 Gripmaster! 

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Fujikura Golf said:

As a reminder, AXIOM shafts will only be sold through authorized Fuji charter dealers in a built set. They will not be available for golfers to buy in raw form for DIY/home builds. 

Nope, I’m out. I was looking forward to trying one of these in my 4 iron. 

• Like 4

TSR2 8.0 Ventus TR Black 6-X

TSR2+ 13.0 Ventus Blue 8-TX

P-UDI 2-3 Recoil Dart 105-X

T100 4-5/ 716 CB 6-P MMT 125-TX

SM9 54D, 59T Modus 125-X
LAB DF3 34” TPT     ‘24 TP5X

10 minutes ago, EaglesGolf99 said:

That's the thing, I don't build. I give it to my Master Builder. He's got 20-25 years of building, has a brick and mortar location, just top notch all the way around. Been working together now for 8-9 years. He chooses not to have a Fujikura Account. He's the only guy that would build my stuff. So on the AXIOM, I guess I'm out. 

I know I may be an anomaly, but at $105 per Shaft, and 10 Irons/Wedges per Set, $1,050 to Reshaft a Set, I'm making the decision who is putting it together. That doesn't even touch taking into consideration a $25 Gripmaster! 

I would have someone I trusted build these. I have built up some of my own stuff and it worked out fine. This is a bit more involved and the cost too high to fudge it up. But, 1. there are no authorized builders in my area. and 2. I wont pay club champion or the like prices. I don't really like those businesses or their model to begin with. 

• Like 4

BALL; Chrome Soft X

I see Will Peoples is a Dealer so at least he is reliable and not a gouger like some other outfits. 

I went out on the branch and was critical of others throwing shade, but it is getting a bit difficult to stay positive when things seem to be getting more expensive.

What would be a normal installation charge by a Dealer? $20-$50 per club? plus grip so it could be easy to get over $175 per clubhead. Then add shipping of a full set, so at least another $25-$50.

@Fujikura Golf can you compare the profile to say the 95 -115 pro or MCI? since it is going to be very difficult to find a demo to hit without going to say CC or one of the bigger fit to build outfits, any info would be helpful.

• Like 2

Callaway Smoke Max 10.5 GD AD VF 6s

Titleist TSR 2 16.5 GD AD UB 7s

Titleist TSR 2 21 GD AD DI 8x

Callaway APEX CB  5-11 Steelfiber i95 r

Chikara 54* Steelfiber 110 s

Chikara 58* Steelfiber 110 s

SLED # 1  35.5

46 minutes ago, Green Valley said:

why not have club champion touch your clubs?

Over the years I've heard and seen some pretty horrific things in terms of build quality. 

I've also encountered a few, let's call them, 'unique situations', in regards to their staff members. 

When building golf clubs, there is quite a bit of trust that goes into the relationship and process. At least in my opinion. 

I choose to pass on Club Champion. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, TiScape said:

Oh man, this started out as light and fun and has gotten pretty ugly… Me thinks ‘Fujikura Golf’ has left the conversation! Haha

I'm not a Fujikura hater either by any means. I like the Company quite a bit. But the decision on these VeloCore AXIOMs and who can install them I don't agree with. 

• Like 4

.... Quite honestly, without going into too much detail, I planned on ordering somewhere in the neighborhood of 15 sets of AXIOMs for myself (minimum of 120 pieces + Wedges). I was considering reshafting my entire collection with the AXIOMs as long as a test run held up to expectations. Guess I don't have to swallow that pill. 

23 hours ago, Z1ggy16 said:

Lol I don't think any company should try to be dunking on it's customer base, no? It's expensive, no need to project. Plus, this is wrx, we all drive it 300 and break par regularly. People here will buy it, and they will still like it regardless of price. Some want the very best. Others are more practical... That's all. 

I do drive it 300 and break par regularly. And with a stock TM Ventus shaft (gasp).

15 minutes ago, SE Gamer said:

I do drive it 300 and break par regularly. And with a stock TM Ventus shaft (gasp).

How dare you!!! With this admission, I believe the protocol is for you to receive a lifetime ban for playing with un-WRX worthy golf equipment. Please log out and forget this site exists. Lol

• Haha 2

Ping G430 Max 10K 10.5° driver - Diamana GT 60S

Ping G430 Max 15° #3 fairway - Diamana TB 70S

Ping G430 Max 21° #7 fairway - Diamana TB 80S

Ping G430 Max 26° #5 hybrid - MMTh 90S

Mizuno Pro 243 4-PW irons - MMT 105S

Mizuno T24 Raw 48°-10S wedge - MMT 105S

Mizuno T24 Raw 54°-10S and 60°-06X wedges - MMT Scoring Wedge 105S

Mizuno OMOI Type 3

Titleist Pro V1x

2 hours ago, TiScape said:

Oh man, this started out as light and fun and has gotten pretty ugly… Me thinks ‘Fujikura Golf’ has left the conversation! Haha

Nah, they are thick skinned and know their products are good. I dont really think anyone is bashing them or their product. Just voicing opinions on the availability. Which while it is criticism, I think it is fair.. Like I said, I get why. I just dont necessarily like it. But it is fine. 

Still want to try the product at some point. 

• Like 1

BALL; Chrome Soft X

4 hours ago, QuigleyDU said:

So basically only the club champion types have access... Cool... 

4 hours ago, EaglesGolf99 said:

Yea, that sucks pretty bad. I'd never have Club Champion touch my sticks. Guess I'm out on the AXIOM. 

If I went this route, I'd have Will Peoples do it. 

Club Champion -- no way. No one should even consider buying these from them. If Fuji's listing these at $105-$125, then Club Champion will probably try to sell them at $135-$155 or so ... and try to con people into having them SST pured, as well, to tack on an extra $30-$35 per shaft and push the shaft price past the cost of the iron heads. Add grips, and they'll be trying to sell people irons at like $375-$400 each there.

Edit: Oh, and I forgot to add, they'll want to pack these with tungsten powder and build them all to like E0 too because they'll try to match the swingweights of their heavy adapters.

Edited by eric61
  • Like 3

Driver: Ping G430 LST 9* | Fujikura Ventus TR Blue 6X

3W: Ping G430 Max @14* | Fujikura Speeder NX Blue 70X

Hybrids: Ping G430 3H, 5H @25* | Tour 2.0 Chrome 85S

Irons: Ping i230 5-UW | Fujikura AXIOM 105X

Wedges: Callaway Jaws Raw 54/12W@55/13W, 60/12X | Nippon Modus 125 Wedge

Putter: Bettinardi 2024 BB1 Wide 

Just now, eric61 said:

If I went this route, I'd have Will Peoples do it. 

Club Champion -- no way. No one should even consider buying these from them. If Fuji's listing these at $105-$125, then Club Champion will probably try to sell them at $135-$155 or so ... and try to con people into having them SST pured, as well, to tack on an extra $30-$35 per shaft and push the shaft price past the cost of the iron heads. Add grips, and they'll be trying to sell people irons at like $375-$400 each there.

Peoples is awesome. 

• Like 1

BALL; Chrome Soft X

3 hours ago, TiScape said:

3 hours ago, EaglesGolf99 said:

I'm not a Fujikura hater either by any means. I like the Company quite a bit. But the decision on these VeloCore AXIOMs and who can install them I don't agree with. 

we're still here 🙂 we appreciate everyone's interest and feedback.

This is, and has been, our policy across the board guys. Nothing new here with AXIOM. All Fujikura shafts are sold built up through our dealers or an OEM. For wood shafts that means with a grip and tip adapter/sleeve installed and for iron shafts that means installed in a set of irons as a finished set.

• Like 4

http://fujikuragolf.com http://fujikuragolf.com/dealer-locator