2024 PGA Championship WITB Photos ×

Best Golf Shoes for Walking

3 hours ago, animalgolfs said:

I tried the CodeChoas the other day - its a stability shoe. If you're a heel striker - beware - it'll slam your foot down & forward

ASICS Keyano are the same - not made for heel strikers

Edit : dont know if I'm a heel striker or not - but I can't walk in either of these shoes

I had a pair of Puma Ignite PWRAdapt Caged DISC shoes that were really uncomfortable for me.  No issues with heel strike, but they would rub the back of my heels raw when walking even just 1 hole.

I have found the most success with Footjoys' Flex and HyperFlex. I have mildly high arches and am between a D and E width, and the Footjoys seem best to suit my foot the best.

Driver: TaylorMade SIM 8* (standard setting) with MCA Tensei AV Raw Orange 75TX at 44.5"
3W: TaylorMade M5 15* (standard setting) with Oban Devotion 8 O5 at 42"
Hybrid: PXG Gen 2 0317X 19* (standard setting) with Oban Kiyoshi Purple Hybrid O5 at 39.5"
4i-9i: Callaway '18 Apex MB's with KBS C-Taper 130X at 1/4" long
46: Callaway JAWS MD5 10S
50: Callaway JAWS MD5 10S
54: Callaway JAWS MD5 8C
58: Callaway JAWS MD5 8W
Putter: Kari Lajosi Custom DD201WB

51 minutes ago, jmillertwo4 said:

How are the Jordan 11's?  From your comment, sounded like they were good. Got a pair at the end of last year, but haven't gotten them out of the box yet.  Anything I should expect from them when walking?

like wearing pillows. Only thing I "don't" like is they are pretty warm shoes to walk in. Other than that - wonderful.

Rotate the following:

Titliest TSR2 10* (@A1) Ventus TR Blue 6TX

Titliest TSR2 16.5* (@A1) Fuji Speeder 8.3TS X

Titliest TSR2 21* (@A1) Fuji Atmos Blue 8X

Titliest 818H2 21* (@B3) Fuji Atmos Black 9X

Srixon ZXU 18*, ZX5 3-4, ZX7 5-PW

C-taper 125 S+ PVD Black, BBFCO "Black Ice Ice Ferrule", Pure DTX Purple Std +4 wraps

Cleveland RTX6 Raw 50*Mid Ctaper 130X, 54* Full S400 Onyx, 58* Low S400 Onyx

Mizzy MCraft VI 36.5" SS Pistol 1.0

Titliest PV1

2 hours ago, Philomathesq said:

I have found the most success with Footjoys' Flex and HyperFlex. I have mildly high arches and am between a D and E width, and the Footjoys seem best to suit my foot the best.

A lot of others seems to love the Footjoys too.  I may have to go try on some Ecco's, Footjoys and Adidas!

1 hour ago, jmillertwo4 said:

A lot of others seems to love the Footjoys too.  I may have to go try on some Ecco's, Footjoys and Adidas!

Adidas are great, though I have found they run a bit narrow relative to other manufacturers. If you have narrow to normal width feet, they may be perfect.

• Thanks 1

Driver: TaylorMade SIM 8* (standard setting) with MCA Tensei AV Raw Orange 75TX at 44.5"
3W: TaylorMade M5 15* (standard setting) with Oban Devotion 8 O5 at 42"
Hybrid: PXG Gen 2 0317X 19* (standard setting) with Oban Kiyoshi Purple Hybrid O5 at 39.5"
4i-9i: Callaway '18 Apex MB's with KBS C-Taper 130X at 1/4" long
46: Callaway JAWS MD5 10S
50: Callaway JAWS MD5 10S
54: Callaway JAWS MD5 8C
58: Callaway JAWS MD5 8W
Putter: Kari Lajosi Custom DD201WB

Been through a lot of shoes the last two or three years starting with COVID and being forced to walk for a while.  I have some challenges due to diabetes too.  The most complete shoe I have worn to date is the Ecco Biom C4.  I stayed away from Ecco for a long time because I didn't like their looks but this new shoe is sharp, athletic and comfortable.  Recently walked in a brand new pair for 3 days at Streamsong with no issues.  Leather is soft and supple and doesn't require any break in.  GoreTex holds up much better than what others offer for water proofing.  As close to a perfect golf shoe as I have found. 

Footjoy SL Pro are my next favorite but my feet feel a little more fatigue after a round.  They are light but the material can be a little stiff initially and I don't think the footbed offers as much support and cushioning as the Ecco.  

I liked a couple of pairs of Adidas but some of their shoes like the Tour 360's are heavy and stiff.  I find a few styles to run a little narrow and not always fond of the available colors.  Nike has not been a good fit for me at all.  Sizes are hit and miss depending on the shoe model.  Materials don't feel premium at all.  Can be narrow toward the front of the foot and several pair squeak like crazy.  Just not a premium shoe IMO.  Cobra felt good on my feet, footbed was nice but need a little more rigidity in the sole IMO.  GFore makes nice looking shoes.  The Galivanter really isn't made for walking.   The MG4 like Nike feels cheap in the materials department and while the footbed is nice, they are a little stiff and the rubber soles don't provide the traction I want.  

Everyone is different and buys shoes for different reasons.  For me it's comfort, durability, water proofing and appearance.  A black pair and a white pair are all I need to get by.  

TM Stealth 2 Plus 10.5°/Ventus Blue TR 5S
Callaway Paradym 15°/Tensei White
PXG 0317X 19°/Tensei White Raw
Taylormade 23 P770 4&5, P7MC 6-PW/MMT stiff
Vokey SM9 50, 54° & 58°
LAB Golf Link1
ProV1X

3 hours ago, krsgolf said:

Been through a lot of shoes the last two or three years starting with COVID and being forced to walk for a while.  I have some challenges due to diabetes too.  The most complete shoe I have worn to date is the Ecco Biom C4.  I stayed away from Ecco for a long time because I didn't like their looks but this new shoe is sharp, athletic and comfortable.  Recently walked in a brand new pair for 3 days at Streamsong with no issues.  Leather is soft and supple and doesn't require any break in.  GoreTex holds up much better than what others offer for water proofing.  As close to a perfect golf shoe as I have found. 

Footjoy SL Pro are my next favorite but my feet feel a little more fatigue after a round.  They are light but the material can be a little stiff initially and I don't think the footbed offers as much support and cushioning as the Ecco.  

I liked a couple of pairs of Adidas but some of their shoes like the Tour 360's are heavy and stiff.  I find a few styles to run a little narrow and not always fond of the available colors.  Nike has not been a good fit for me at all.  Sizes are hit and miss depending on the shoe model.  Materials don't feel premium at all.  Can be narrow toward the front of the foot and several pair squeak like crazy.  Just not a premium shoe IMO.  Cobra felt good on my feet, footbed was nice but need a little more rigidity in the sole IMO.  GFore makes nice looking shoes.  The Galivanter really isn't made for walking.   The MG4 like Nike feels cheap in the materials department and while the footbed is nice, they are a little stiff and the rubber soles don't provide the traction I want.  

Everyone is different and buys shoes for different reasons.  For me it's comfort, durability, water proofing and appearance.  A black pair and a white pair are all I need to get by.  

I really like the looks of the Ecco Biom C4.  Everything seems great about them, except for the price.  But as the saying goes, you get what you pay for!

24 minutes ago, jmillertwo4 said:

I really like the looks of the Ecco Biom C4.  Everything seems great about them, except for the price.  But as the saying goes, you get what you pay for!

I’ve spent a lot more on a lot lesser quality shoes over the years.  Some don’t last the season. Some hurt my feet. Some don’t stay waterproof or have structural integrity issues.  Spend the money on a quality shoe and it will take care of you. 

Vokey SM9 50, 54° & 58°
LAB Golf Link1
ProV1X

4 hours ago, krsgolf said:

How’s the sizing on the C4’s? I’m normally a 12 in most shoes but I’ve read they run a little big. 

1 hour ago, krsgolf said:

I’ve spent a lot more on a lot lesser quality shoes over the years.  Some don’t last the season. Some hurt my feet. Some don’t stay waterproof or have structural integrity issues.  Spend the money on a quality shoe and it will take care of you. 

No doubt!  I'm kind of in the same boat as you.  Started walking when Covid hit. I never really paid attention to what the shoes actually felt like until then since I used a cart all the time. Pretty much just bought based on looks.  After suffering through blisters and sore feet I bought the Air Max 270s and they've made a big difference.  They're black and white, so kind of looking for something white/grey to wear on days the air max's don't match!

58 minutes ago, scotty_2987 said:

How’s the sizing on the C4’s? I’m normally a 12 in most shoes but I’ve read they run a little big. 

I find them to be true to size for me. 

Vokey SM9 50, 54° & 58°
LAB Golf Link1
ProV1X

9 hours ago, jmillertwo4 said:

Not to be too much of a contrarian, but I'll be the one dissenting voice on FJ. I've had a lot of them over the years and they simply don't work for me walking. Decent as a riding shoe, but their lasts and/or cushioning just doesn't work for 18 on foot for my feet. I have the newer Fuel and have trouble just getting in 9 with them. They also don't breathe well, important in Florida where heat and humidity can make a fun day downright miserable if your feet are cooking. Waterproofing is good, but Ecco does the same while maintaining comfort and breathing reasonably well for an all leather shoe.

8 hours ago, Spankapotamus redux said:

Not to be too much of a contrarian, but I'll be the one dissenting voice on FJ. I've had a lot of them over the years and they simply don't work for me walking. Decent as a riding shoe, but their lasts and/or cushioning just doesn't work for 18 on foot for my feet. I have the newer Fuel and have trouble just getting in 9 with them. They also don't breathe well, important in Florida where heat and humidity can make a fun day downright miserable if your feet are cooking. Waterproofing is good, but Ecco does the same while maintaining comfort and breathing reasonably well for an all leather shoe.

In many ways I agree with this sentiment. My FJ's haven't been all that great as walking shoes. My Sketchers are much more comfortable and easily leave me ready for more after walking 18. 

HOWEVER, I admittedly have never used the highest end shoes from FJ. It may well be that the premiers and other shoes in the upper echelon perform better. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, IndyArcher said:

In many ways I agree with this sentiment. My FJ's haven't been all that great as walking shoes. My Sketchers are much more comfortable and easily leave me ready for more after walking 18. 

HOWEVER, I admittedly have never used the highest end shoes from FJ. It may well be that the premiers and other shoes in the upper echelon perform better. 

True. I have mostly only used their mid-tier models, and I doubt I would ever try the higher end stuff simply because there are so many great golf shoes out there for less.

• Like 1

On 3/5/2023 at 11:58 AM, Greenie said:

I've been hearing good things about Skechers being comfortable. Some of the comments said it was like walking on pillows.

I thought I would give the brand a try. They had a sale so I bought two pairs. I got them down from $115 to $62 a pair with free shipping after using all the discounts and buying two pairs.

I went with spikeless. It was my first time going without spikes. The first thing I noticed was how well they gripped.

I don't like to wear a new pair of golf shoes walking 18 so I usually change to my old pair after 9 but I had no problems after nine so I kept them on for the back nine. I walked the whole 18 without any foot problems. My friend asked me how they felt. I said they weren't like walking on pillows but they felt good especially for the first time out.

After wearing them for four rounds I will say...it's like walking on pillows now.

I can't say about durability. Time will tell..I am impressed with the comfort and the price I paid. I never thought spikeless would grip so well.

which ones did you get?

9 hours ago, Spankapotamus redux said:

Thanks for the contrarian view!  I've never owned a pair of FJ's.  Never been a fan of their looks.

I have Ecco's. I think they are hybrid 1 or something? I have bouts of plantar fascitis and I don't know if a different shoe would help or not but sometimes I'm walking on heelbones by last couple holes. 

My buddy is  big Puma guy and I want to try something with full spikes so was looking at those powercage adapt ones. I was worried they have mesh but says they are waterproof. He claims they are the most comfortable shoes he's tried and he's got a golf shoe side hustle so has tried many. 

On 3/5/2023 at 9:20 PM, chisag said:

... Yup. I have 5 pair and rotate 4 of them, with a new cream in reserve since I wear them the most. The real treat with Ecco shoes is after 2 years they still feel like the day you bought them. I walk 5 days a week on a course with a fair amount of elevation and these are the best golf shoes I have ever worn. 

I tried them but they didn't work for me: the toe box wasn't a great fit. 

I am also looking for a new pair that is also well ventilated: waterproof shoes and Dallas heat aren't a great combo unless you want trench foot! 

1 hour ago, golfinbrad said:

Find it interesting no one has mentioned Puma or New Balance.  Not sure if people find them uncomfortable or just don't look at those brands.

I had one pair of Puma, the Puma PWRAdpt Disc and they were great looking, but very uncomfortable for walking.  They rub at my heel and walking even 1 hole was not very comfortable with them.

Find it interesting no one has mentioned Puma or New Balance.  Not sure if people find them uncomfortable or just don't look at those brands.

I had one pair of Puma, the Puma PWRAdpt Disc and they were great looking, but very uncomfortable for walking.  They rub at my heel and walking even 1 hole was not very comfortable with them.

Walk over 100 rds a year and always been a Adidas Tour 360 guy (cushion + stability) but am starting to look towards lighter shoes ( Codechaos\ZG line up)

My son also walks  100+ rds a year and wears Skechers Go Golf shoes, the sneaker looking model not the old man versions. We wear the same size I wore a pair of his recently, they are very comfortable.

2 hours ago, Mike_Honcho said:

which ones did you get?

Skechers Men's Go Golf Skech-Air-Dos Golf Shoe

These are the relaxed fit style. Wider in the toe area.

I have two pair of Eccos and even though the Eccos look better in quality the Skechers compare or beat them in comfort for way less money spent. I have worn them for six rounds now on extremely wet courses and my feet have stayed dry. I know six rounds isn't much of a review but so far I like them.

shopping.webp

• Like 1