2024 Rocket Mortgage Classic WITB Photos ×

2023 Hanwha Lifeplus International Crown, May 4-7

18majors

2 minutes ago, BadgerLin said:

Looks like a lot of folks put her on the bench too soon. 🙄

Perhaps you're speaking a touch prematurely - let's see how she finishes.😏

In any case, on that course, it means nothing.

Srixon Z785 @10.5° Fujikura Atmos 6 X 44.5” //  Cobra King Ltd FWY @15.5° XCaliber FW S 43" //  Cobra F7 FWY @18.5° Aldila Tour Blue ATX 85 S 42.5" //  Titleist 818H1 #4 @20° Project X Hzardus Smoke Red RDX 80g 6.0 40" // Titleist 818H1 #6 @24° XCaliber HY S 39.25" // Srixon Z565 6-PW:  6,7 KBS PGI 90 tipped for S SSx1, 8,9 Fuji Pro 85i S SSx1, PW Fuji Pro 95i S SSx1 // Cleveland CBX 50.11 Fuji Pro 95i S SSx1 //  Cleveland RTX3 56.14 bent 55.13 //  Nike VR X3X Toe Sweep 58.10  //  TaylorMade Spider Tour Red #3 Sightline 34" Super Stroke Pistol GT 2.0 //  Titleist Pro V1x //  McGregor Hybrid Stand/Cart Bag

6 minutes ago, Raving Shanker said:

What the Hell?!!!!

Illness and injury I have just read. Oh well, England now have NO chance...which means they probably win.

Your comment reminds me of a fantasy football (soccer) team name popular in the UK 🇬🇧

... "Norfolk'N'Chance

Edited by JungleJimbo
  • Haha 4

Who are WRX's tipping?

I think it will be Korea. Every team has a degree of "flakiness" because positions are based on Rolex (a 2-year average), and not current form. Korea seem to have the least flakiness in my opinion. Lexi hasn't fired a shot in 2023 yet, but the US still look very strong with Lilia and Nelly at the helm. Japan looks good too.

I usually don't even try to tip golf, but there, I've done it.

This is a ridiculous event, why are we losing a prime week in the golf calendar for only 32 golfers to be playing?

This is an event looking for a reason to exist but in the current women's golf landscape doesn't have one.

Of the top 50 players in the world rankings (as of last week), 30 of them are from the US (11), South Korea (11) and Japan (8). The only other country that can field a team of 4 from the top 50 is Sweden.

Of the rest, England had 3, now down to 1, Oz 2, China 2 and Thailand 1.

Too many top players can't qualify because of the lack of depth of their country eg Lydia, Brooke. Too many lower ranked players get a gig.

Just hold a normal LPGAT event and let the other country/region tours do the same.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Srixon Z785 @10.5° Fujikura Atmos 6 X 44.5” //  Cobra King Ltd FWY @15.5° XCaliber FW S 43" //  Cobra F7 FWY @18.5° Aldila Tour Blue ATX 85 S 42.5" //  Titleist 818H1 #4 @20° Project X Hzardus Smoke Red RDX 80g 6.0 40" // Titleist 818H1 #6 @24° XCaliber HY S 39.25" // Srixon Z565 6-PW:  6,7 KBS PGI 90 tipped for S SSx1, 8,9 Fuji Pro 85i S SSx1, PW Fuji Pro 95i S SSx1 // Cleveland CBX 50.11 Fuji Pro 95i S SSx1 //  Cleveland RTX3 56.14 bent 55.13 //  Nike VR X3X Toe Sweep 58.10  //  TaylorMade Spider Tour Red #3 Sightline 34" Super Stroke Pistol GT 2.0 //  Titleist Pro V1x //  McGregor Hybrid Stand/Cart Bag

1 hour ago, Rapidcat said:

This is a ridiculous event, why are we losing a prime week in the golf calendar for only 32 golfers to be playing?

This is an event looking for a reason to exist but in the current women's golf landscape doesn't have one.

Of the top 50 players in the world rankings (as of last week), 30 of them are from the US (11), South Korea (11) and Japan (8). The only other country that can field a team of 4 from the top 50 is Sweden.

Too many top players can't qualify because of the lack of depth of their country eg Lydia, Brooke. Too many lower ranked players get a gig.

Just hold a normal LPGAT event and let the other country/region tours do the same.

I enjoy the tournament, and think it's fine. However, it does need to go back to it's original spot in the fall in alternate years to the Solheim. 

• Like 3

Ping G425 Max Driver 12 (0 Flat) - Aldila Ascent Red 50 Stiff (46")
TaylorMade AeroBurner Mini Driver 16 - Matrix Speed RUL-Z 60 Stiff
Ping G410 7wd 20.5 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 65 Stiff (43")
Ping G410 9wd 23.5 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 65 Stiff (42.5")
Ping G425 6h 30 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 70 Stiff
PXG 0311P Gen3 6-P (2 Deg Weak, 1 Deg Flat) - True Temper Elevate 95 S /

Ping i200 6-P Orange Dot (2 Deg Weak, 2 Deg Flat) - True Temper XP 95 S
Ping Glide 4.0 52-12 S, 56-10 Eye2, and 60-10 S Orange Dot (2 Deg Flat) - Ping Z-Z115 Wedge
PXG Blackjack 36" - SuperStroker Flatso 2.0

3 minutes ago, Argonne69 said:

I enjoy the tournament, and think it's fine. However, it does need to go back to it's original spot in the fall in alternate years to the Solheim. 

Depending on location it’ll probably be after Summer Euro swing or Fall Asian swing in ‘25.  
I’d really like to see defending champs auto qualify and host. 

25 minutes ago, Argonne69 said:

However, it does need to go back to it's original spot in the fall in alternate years to the Solheim. 

Yes, that's better.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Rapidcat said:

Recall the first running of this event....USA didn't even make the cut and the winner was Spain. Anything can happen. I've attended a couple and they're alot of fun. Right up there with Solheim Cup, maybe better as it does include Thailand, Korea, Japan, Australia. 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, MagicClassic407 said:

Recall the first running of this event....USA didn't even make the cut and the winner was Spain. Anything can happen. I've attended a couple and they're alot of fun. Right up there with Solheim Cup, maybe better as it does include Thailand, Korea, Japan, Australia. 

But only 32 golfers in this event in such a prime week, including some poorly ranked ones?

With the English golfers' withdrawal, their replacements are:

image.png.b9ac4153ec9d861d92ddc63190da5007.png

Seriously?

This is an event for only 3-4 countries: USA, South Korea and Japan, maybe Sweden also. Other countries don't have the depth to field a decent team, and then if any withdrawals ⚠️ 

Shouldn't be happening. The Olympics golf can handle this type of competition, no need for this as well.

If it must be held, do as @Argonne69 suggested above.

I won't bother to watch, pointless viewing.

Any prizemoney for this event?

51 minutes ago, Rapidcat said:

Other countries don't have the depth to field a decent team, and then if any withdrawals ⚠️ 

In 2014 when Spain won, they were the #5 seed. As stated in my previous comment, the USA didn't make the cut even though they were the #1 seed. 

ALICE......ALICE?   WHO THE HELL IS ALICE?      Just kidding, I love Alice Hewson. I hope these underdogs perform well. It will be fun watching.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Rapidcat said:

Any prizemoney for this event?

They are asking the player to play this event for free, to honor the Founders.  lol   (FYI, in cases it's not common knowledge they ask the players to play for free in the first year of the Founder event lol)

Also, never had an issue with the Int'l Cup or the Solheim Cup when they were opposite years of each other, but now in the same year it is too much IMO.  Sure, I'm a huge fan of the LPGA so I'll watch anyways but being from Canada I have no rooting interest in either event and so will many other fans around the world.

With Mollie in charge, I am noticing all the little things going wrong no locker room for the women at an event, 2 team events in one year and many other little things.  The best way I can put Mollie's tenure so far, is like a father who built up a successful business and retires and hands it off to one of his entitled children.  Sure, the business looks the same but all the little things that made you enjoy the products and services of the business are slowly disappearing.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Raving Shanker said:

Who are WRX's tipping?

I think it will be Korea. Every team has a degree of "flakiness" because positions are based on Rolex (a 2-year average), and not current form. Korea seem to have the least flakiness in my opinion. Lexi hasn't fired a shot in 2023 yet, but the US still look very strong with Lilia and Nelly at the helm. Japan looks good too.

I usually don't even try to tip golf, but there, I've done it.

I'd say any team has a chance, except England now.  China can be a sleeper, Ruoning has ascended her game this season amongst the elites. Xiyu and Yu can score in bunches. I would have pegged OZ as the weakest team (besides England) but they are riding high, Minjee and Steph are not in good form atm but we will see. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Stooch said:

They are asking the player to play this event for free, to honor the Founders.  lol   (FYI, in cases it's not common knowledge they ask the players to play for free in the first year of the Founder event lol)

Also, never had an issue with the Int'l Cup or the Solheim Cup when they were opposite years of each other, but now in the same year it is too much IMO.  Sure, I'm a huge fan of the LPGA so I'll watch anyways but being from Canada I have no rooting interest in either event and so will many other fans around the world.

With Mollie in charge, I am noticing all the little things going wrong no locker room for the women at an event, 2 team events in one year and many other little things.  The best way I can put Mollie's tenure so far, is like a father who built up a successful business and retires and hands it off to one of his entitled children.  Sure, the business looks the same but all the little things that made you enjoy the products and services of the business are slowly disappearing.

Cheers - your comments resonate well with me.

• Like 1

It's timely to review players who've earned the most Rolex points in 2023:

1.    Lilia Vu remains firmly as #1 even though she missed the cut this past week
  2.    Nelly Ascended to #2 for the first time this season
  3.    Lydia Ko has been bumped out of Top-10
  4.    Ruoning Yin is firmly at #6
  5.    Ayaka Furue, Hannah Green and Aditi Ashok have good seasons thus far
  6.    Atthaya Thitikul may not have a sophomore slump but hasn't been as sharp as her rookie season

1 Lilia Vu 198.35
2 Nelly Korda 120.90
3 Georgia Hall 113.03
4 Jin Young Ko 105.43
5 Celine Boutier 100.73
6 Ruoning Yin 86.64
7 Ayaka Furue 74.48
8 Aditi Ashok 73.00
9 Hannah Green 72.07
10 Atthaya Thitikul 70.70

Notables:

Lydia Ko 69.25
Minjee Lee 6.25
Lexi Thompson 14.41
Brooke Henderson 35.84
Hyo Joo Kim 56.67
In Gee Chun 16.54
Danielle Kang 53.04
Nasa Hataoka 47.20
Leona Maguire 28.05
Xiyu Lin 50.65

35 minutes ago, MagicClassic407 said:

In 2014 when Spain won, they were the #5 seed. As stated in my previous comment, the USA didn't make the cut even though they were the #1 seed. 

ALICE......ALICE?   WHO THE HELL IS ALICE?      Just kidding, I love Alice Hewson. I hope these underdogs perform well. It will be fun watching.

Ok, I'm taking on board your comments and will do myself a favour and give it a watch.

Got to say it is a storied venue so that's a plus.

15 hours ago, Raving Shanker said:

What the Hell?!!!!

Illness and injury I have just read. Oh well, England now have NO chance...which means they probably win.

We'll either see some 5&4s, 7&6s or they'll be in contention for the win. 

Is this Nelly's 1st international match play without Jess? I'm interested in seeing these USA team dynamics. 

If Asia teams sweep the top spots do we get an Asia-Pacific major (in a non-womens 3 letter league world)?