Ping Blueprint Forged S

slalomdude

I'm still loving mine.  They do everything I want them to.  For me, they are legit.  I have been trying to kick my P7MCs out of my bag for a few years, these did it.  They have the turf interaction I need, and the extra forgiveness I was seeking.  Absolutely love mine.

• Like 1

Ping G430 MAX 10K 9*, Ventus TR Blue 6X
Ping G430 MAX 3W 15*, Ventus TR Red 7X
Ping G430 MAX 7W 21*, Ventus TR Blue 8X 

Ping G430 4H, Ventus HB Blue 9X

Ping Blueprint S, 5-PW DG 120 S300

Titleist Vokey SM9 50F, 54S, 58M

Scotty Cameron Phantom 5.5

Ping Hoofer Lite

4 hours ago, JMH1220 said:

Well the brand company is the issue then. 

There is no "issue" because in essentially all industries specifying in advance an exact date to finished  made-to-order custom production is nearly impossible.

It seems the golf equipment brands selling custom orders are usually able to finish and ship product within 2 weeks of the original estimated shipping date, and I consider that to be good service. For example if Ping advises its retail distributors that consumer custom orders placed today (May 15th) will be produced and shipped from Ping approximately June 5th, Ping nearly every time will ship within two weeks of that previously estimated June 5th ship date.

8 hours ago, dcmidnight said:

Been waiting for 3 weeks and not even an order confirmation email from Carls. Ping's customer service told me that the Steelfiber 110 is an "exotic" offering so that bumps the build time up from 1-2 weeks to 6-8 weeks? I dont get it.

And TM wont even offer the 110 anymore.

I'm giving it another week and will probably cancel. I'm just not going to wait *another* 5-6 weeks for them.

If it's an "exotic", it means they literally order what's needed before they build. They don't carry exotics as an ongoing stocked part.

Ping-logo-283444624.jpeg 410LST 9º (TourX) RogueST 3D (ADDI 6X) [OMG what?], 425 3w 14.5º (TourX), 430 3h 19º & 4 iCross (HZRDUS Red 6.0), i230 5-U, G4 54º, GFP 59º (DART105F4). 2021 Fetch (BGT Tour Black).

"Golf is just a dance with a stick, and a ball tells you how good a dancer you are."  LCP150mm in your fairway should be a full-time rule.

9 hours ago, driveandputtmachine said:

Mine are still in the bag as well.  After a week in Pinehurst and a nasty root smack on the first day I gave up the goat on the last day as my wrist was too sore, which I discovered putting my suitcase in the car on the way to the course.  Absolutely my fault as I left the stupid steel shafts in them that I was going to pull, but was hitting them so well I figured a week wouldn't matter.

Two doctors visits, X-Rays and a MRI later I have been given the all clear to play, just dealing with pain mgmt, wearing a brace all day and night, and taking anti-inflammatory meds for the next month.  Finding out there is no structural damage and no fear of it happening has made me feel a lot better.   However, the first thing I did once getting home was to put my recoils in the BPS, and I will be playing them today.  I left my Axiom shafts in my Cobra Tours as my back ups.

Notes on the BPS.  Smaller than the tours, which I like.  The spin is up a bit from the Tours, and better from the rough.  It is hard to believe but the smaller BPS are every bit as forgiving as the larger Cobra Tours.  My misses tend to be thin or toe side.

Has been a really easy transition from KT to BPS - with you exactly on those notes 

• Like 2

WITB:

Ai Smoke Max 9* Tensei 1k Blue

Ai Smoke Max 5w Ventus Blue +

'24 APEX UW 21* AD IZ 8S

Ping Blueprints S 5-P Modus 105S

Ping S159 50S / 54S/ 58H

Custom PLD Anser 2D Carbon Steel / Stability Tour

Chrome Tour X

9 hours ago, driveandputtmachine said:

Mine are still in the bag as well.  After a week in Pinehurst and a nasty root smack on the first day I gave up the goat on the last day as my wrist was too sore, which I discovered putting my suitcase in the car on the way to the course.  Absolutely my fault as I left the stupid steel shafts in them that I was going to pull, but was hitting them so well I figured a week wouldn't matter.

Two doctors visits, X-Rays and a MRI later I have been given the all clear to play, just dealing with pain mgmt, wearing a brace all day and night, and taking anti-inflammatory meds for the next month.  Finding out there is no structural damage and no fear of it happening has made me feel a lot better.   However, the first thing I did once getting home was to put my recoils in the BPS, and I will be playing them today.  I left my Axiom shafts in my Cobra Tours as my back ups.

Notes on the BPS.  Smaller than the tours, which I like.  The spin is up a bit from the Tours, and better from the rough.  It is hard to believe but the smaller BPS are every bit as forgiving as the larger Cobra Tours.  My misses tend to be thin or toe side.

After nuking my elbow, I'm never touching steel again. Never never never.

• Like 1

Ping-logo-283444624.jpeg 410LST 9º (TourX) RogueST 3D (ADDI 6X) [OMG what?], 425 3w 14.5º (TourX), 430 3h 19º & 4 iCross (HZRDUS Red 6.0), i230 5-U, G4 54º, GFP 59º (DART105F4). 2021 Fetch (BGT Tour Black).

"Golf is just a dance with a stick, and a ball tells you how good a dancer you are."  LCP150mm in your fairway should be a full-time rule.

2 hours ago, JMH1220 said:

Sounds like quite a few were told two weeks but been much longer. Anyway, it is what it is. I get it

I work in the industry. Tons 😂. Several orders from ping are major delayed. A lot of shafts are backordered even a few heads. It’s not always as easy as the 2 weeks most are quoted. Ping is actually one of the companies who lacks communication when orders are just sitting waiting. Had a buddy who ordered a set of blueprints and he called after 3 weeks and ping told him they were done but his Lamkin grips were backordered till June. Not sure what that other dude rambling about 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AbSWFPGA said:

I work in the industry. Tons 😂. Several orders from ping are major delayed. A lot of shafts are backordered even a few heads. It’s not always as easy as the 2 weeks most are quoted. Ping is actually one of the companies who lacks communication when orders are just sitting waiting. Had a buddy who ordered a set of blueprints and he called after 3 weeks and ping told him they were done but his Lamkin grips were backordered till June. Not sure what that other dude rambling about 

Interesting. Thanks for the info. Anyone try these with Steelfibers or Recoil? I haven’t read through the whole thread so maybe mentioned. I’ve never tried the Axiom. I’ve had several Steelfiber. Really like Steelfiber. Is Axiom worth the extra cash?

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, AbSWFPGA said:

Ping is actually one of the companies who lacks communication when orders are just sitting waiting. Had a buddy who ordered a set of blueprints and he called after 3 weeks and ping told him they were done but his Lamkin grips were backordered till June. Not sure what that other dude rambling about 

Look I'm stoked to get these, I'm going to stop looking like want to bash Ping. But take TM for example, any time you custom build a club on their site they immediately tell you the availability date of each component - even if its approximate, you have some idea if a shaft or a grip is back ordered for a year, you know on the spot and can change your mind. On one hand - and mostly - its fine. I have two sets of irons to tinker with right now. But on the other, its not 4 years ago when I would just laugh off "supply chain issues" on a $1,600 equipment order and sit around for weeks hoping stuff gets here.

But.

About twenty minutes after I posted above that I couldn't get any information about my order, I got an email from Carls that Ping had a question about my order. Keep in mind, no one here (or there) knows me in real life - unless its a coincidence that they had exactly one order dealing with a Steelfiber 110 issue. But apparently Ping has had an ongoing issue with how their blended sets are measured and they wanted to run it by me.

(shrug)

Edited by dcmidnight
  • Like 2

OG SIM 10.5* - Ventus Black 6x

BRNR 13.5 // TM Qi10 5W/ 7W Ventus Blue 6s

Callaway '21 X Forged CBs 5-P annnnd incoming: Ping I230/Blueprint S/T
Vokey SM8 50*/54*/58*

Cody James custom // Left Dash

5 hours ago, dcmidnight said:

Look I'm stoked to get these, I'm going to stop looking like want to bash Ping. But take TM for example, any time you custom build a club on their site they immediately tell you the availability date of each component - even if its approximate, you have some idea if a shaft or a grip is back ordered for a year, you know on the spot and can change your mind. On one hand - and mostly - its fine. I have two sets of irons to tinker with right now. But on the other, its not 4 years ago when I would just laugh off "supply chain issues" on a $1,600 equipment order and sit around for weeks hoping stuff gets here.

But.

About twenty minutes after I posted above that I couldn't get any information about my order, I got an email from Carls that Ping had a question about my order. Keep in mind, no one here (or there) knows me in real life - unless its a coincidence that they had exactly one order dealing with a Steelfiber 110 issue. But apparently Ping has had an ongoing issue with how their blended sets are measured and they wanted to run it by me.

(shrug)

Was the call about the set make up though or a component delay?

I think a reasonable expectation would be a call saying “ hey your clubs are basically done besides the grips you want which will take another month” at which point the vast majority of people would prob go to a diff grip they could get asap or just do no grips and regrip themselves . Think it’s pretty unacceptable for order to just sit in limbo waiting for back ordered components with no communication 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, doctor220 said:

Was the call about the set make up though or a component delay?

I think a reasonable expectation would be a call saying “ hey your clubs are basically done besides the grips you want which will take another month” at which point the vast majority of people would prob go to a diff grip they could get asap or just do no grips and regrip themselves . Think it’s pretty unacceptable for order to just sit in limbo waiting for back ordered components with no communication 

No, there was apparently an issue Ping had with their standard club lengths not working correct in a mixed set - and they got a ton of negative feedback from people?

So they sell the 230s/BP S/BP T as being great for mixed sets because the lofts are the same- which is great - but apparently they had a ton of people mad because they ordered S/T mixed sets and the T 9 iron was 1/4" shorter than it should have been?

So the BP T PW was correct but in order to make the mixed set correct they needed to lengthen the BP T 9i by 1/4".

I admit - checked the lofts but never checked the lengths and sure enough, they were right. Glad they called.

OG SIM 10.5* - Ventus Black 6x

BRNR 13.5 // TM Qi10 5W/ 7W Ventus Blue 6s

Callaway '21 X Forged CBs 5-P annnnd incoming: Ping I230/Blueprint S/T
Vokey SM8 50*/54*/58*

Cody James custom // Left Dash

Can confirm wow these irons are hot. Was getting around 138 ball speed with my i230 7 iron and 142-145 with the BPS. Not sure that’s necessarily great bc I don’t really want to hit my irons further but it is just very interesting how fast these are. Struggle with high ball so retro spec prob not great for me.

Forgiveness wise I didn’t really feel too much different than i230 tbh , they were a bit more forgiving than I expected though I do prefer the looks of the BPS compared to the i230 which are a bit shovel like. They did feel a touch more precise to me so will probably upgrade. 

How is the front-to-back dispersion? That's the one thing the OG BPs were fantastic with.

On 2/9/2024 at 6:35 AM, jdubya13 said:

My Blueprints (T 8 & 9, S 7) arrived and got some Tobias Funke ferrules to match the i230 4-6… can’t wait for spring to arrive!

IMG_0550.jpeg

Where these a pain to reshaft?

• Like 1

Callaway Paradym 💎💎💎 9* w/ UST Linq White 6F5

Callaway Rogue 3 LS Wood w/ UST Linq Blue 8F5

Ping iCrossover 2 w/ Linq White 100F5

Titleist T100 ‘21 4-9 w/ TT X100

Vokey 46* w/ TT X100

Vokey 50, 54 and 58* w/ UST Wedge Proto F5

L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1 (Red) Broomstick

On 5/17/2024 at 3:43 AM, dcmidnight said:

No, there was apparently an issue Ping had with their standard club lengths not working correct in a mixed set - and they got a ton of negative feedback from people?

So they sell the 230s/BP S/BP T as being great for mixed sets because the lofts are the same- which is great - but apparently they had a ton of people mad because they ordered S/T mixed sets and the T 9 iron was 1/4" shorter than it should have been?

So the BP T PW was correct but in order to make the mixed set correct they needed to lengthen the BP T 9i by 1/4".

I admit - checked the lofts but never checked the lengths and sure enough, they were right. Glad they called.

All the T's are a 1/4 short. The OG's were 1/4 short too if I recall.

5 hours ago, JayLefty said:

no clue… my fitter did them

Ping G430 10K w/ Black Tour 2.0 65X, 75X, or GDBB 6X

Ping G425 LST 3W Atmos Black 7X

Ping iCrossover 2 Atmos Black 9X or G425 5W GDBB8X/Atmos Black 8X or G425 2H Atmos Black HB 9X 

Ping iCrossover 3 (20º) AMT White S300 or ZZ65 or Atmos Black 9X

Ping i230 4-6 green dot, Blueprint S 7, Blueprint T 8, 9  AMT White S300

Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth 46ºSS, 50º SS, 54º ES, 58º ES TI S400

Putter - depends on the phase of the moon

Caddy - Snacks the Wheaten

I ordered my set on Sunday from 2nd swing. The specs on their website were off from the specs on the Ping website. This thread saved me and I was able to fix my order. Thanks fellas. 

• Thanks 1

Vokey 46* w/ TT X100

8 minutes ago, JayLefty said:

I ordered my set on Sunday from 2nd swing. The specs on their website were off from the specs on the Ping website. This thread saved me and I was able to fix my order. Thanks fellas. 

https://www.2ndswing.com/golf-clubs/iron-sets/ping-blueprint-t-iron-set/blueprint-t-new-sts

These look right? Glad you got the right stuff.

8 hours ago, karstens_ghost said:

All the T's are a 1/4 short. The OG's were 1/4 short too if I recall.

Exactly.  Blueprint stock lengths were 37.75" 5i.

The Ever Changing Bag!  A lot of mixing and matching
Driver: TM BRNR Mini 11.5* at 9.5*, 43.5", NV75X -or- Cobra SpeedZone, ProtoPype 80X, 43.25"

Fwy woods: King LTD 3/4, RIP Beta 90X -or- TM Sim2 Ti 3w, NV105 X
Hybrid:  Cobra King Tec 2h, MMT 80 S 

Irons grab bag:  1-PW Golden Ram TW276, NV105 S; 2-PW Golden Ram Vibration Matched, NS Pro 950WF S; Tommy Armour 986 Tours 2-PW, Modus 105 S
Wedges:  Cobra Snakebite 56* -or- Wilson Staff PMP 58*, Dynamic S
Putter:  Snake Eyes Viper Tour Sv1, 34" -or- Cleveland Huntington Beach #1, 34.5" -or- Golden Ram TW Custom, 34" -or- Mizuno TPM-2 34" -or- Maxfli TM-2, 35"
Balls: Chrome Soft, Kirkland Signature 3pc (v3)

Grip preference: various GripMaster leather options, Best Grips Microperfs, or Star Grip Sidewinders of assorted colors

31 minutes ago, Whatnogarnish said:

Anyone know where you can get factory toe weights without sending to Ping?

Billy Bob's Golf carries the toe screws for PING irons, but they also deliberately call out that these do not fit the Blueprints. They're not clear whether or not it's the OG Blueprints or the new ones. You'd have to call and ask!

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, TonyRo said:

Billy Bob's Golf carries the toe screws for PING irons, but they also deliberately call out that these do not fit the Blueprints. They're not clear whether or not it's the OG Blueprints or the new ones. You'd have to call and ask!

ya. I bought them and called them up and said they don’t fit. 🙂. (The OG BPs)

Edited by karstens_ghost
  • Sad 1

17 hours ago, karstens_ghost said:

The s are a 38” on the five iron according to Ping. 

https://ping.com/en-us/clubs/irons/blueprint-s

Vokey 46* w/ TT X100

59 minutes ago, JayLefty said:

The s are a 38” on the five iron according to Ping. 

https://ping.com/en-us/clubs/irons/blueprint-s

Blueprint S and Blueprint T are very different clubs.

The T (as well as the original Blueprint) are a 1/4" shorter than most 3-9iron.

1 hour ago, karstens_ghost said:

Blueprint S and Blueprint T are very different clubs.

The T (as well as the original Blueprint) are a 1/4" shorter than most 3-9iron.

I am aware. The specs that were listed for the blueprint s on 2nd swing actually had the wrong lengths listed. Looking at this thread is what made me realize what 2nd swing posted was incorrect. Thus, the thread saving me. 

Vokey 46* w/ TT X100

On 5/23/2024 at 5:13 PM, JayLefty said:

I reshafted mine. It's not any more difficult than any other OEM as long as you buy the Ping ferrules that have the "collar" on them. 

I decided to go with a BB&F ferrule so I bought the Ping collared ferrules and cut off the collar. Slide on the ferrule, the cut off collar, then the head. The cut off portion will center the shaft in the head. 

20 hours ago, Whatnogarnish said:

I think my only grip with these blueprints is the hydropeal chrome marks up pretty good. Had two shanks today at the range and the hosel took badly to the scratches.

I doubt if Ping contemplated their Blueprint S target customers would need a reinforced hosel due to ball strikes.

• Haha 2