2024 Wells Fargo Championship WITB Photos ×

Ping Blueprint Forged S

slalomdude

Curious if anyone has recently considered getting these as a short iron combo with 230s?

I grabbed my OG Blueprints for 8/9/P, and they've been pretty good compared to the occasional pulls I've had with the 230s. This is entirely user error, but it has felt like a good change given that I play on hard ground most of the time.

Anyone in this dilemma?

Ping-logo-283444624.jpeg 410LST 9º (TourX) RogueST 3D (ADDI 6X) [OMG what?], 425 3w 14.5º (TourX), 430 3h 19º & 4 iCross (HZRDUS Red 6.0), i230 5-U, G4 54º, GFP 59º (DART105F4). 2021 Fetch (BGT Tour Black).

"Golf is just a dance with a stick, and a ball tells you how good a dancer you are."  LCP150mm in your fairway should be a full-time rule.

4 hours ago, karstens_ghost said:

Curious if anyone has recently considered getting these as a short iron combo with 230s?

I grabbed my OG Blueprints for 8/9/P, and they've been pretty good compared to the occasional pulls I've had with the 230s. This is entirely user error, but it has felt like a good change given that I play on hard ground most of the time.

Anyone in this dilemma?

I started a thread a few days back on this exact topic. Tyrrell Hatton games the combo of i230 4-6 BPS 7-pw

• Like 2

A quick update on the graphite shafted order; PING indicated that they couldn’t get past D2 on the swing weight while I had requested D3. Frankly I would not have known but am impressed with their integrity. 

PING Rapture V2 with BB
PING Crossover - 3
PING Eye 2 + Becu 3-W with DG AMT S300
PING Eye 2 XG Sand and Lob wedges
PING Chipo!
PING Pal - Karsten

59 minutes ago, pbr2121 said:

A quick update on the graphite shafted order; PING indicated that they couldn’t get past D2 on the swing weight while I had requested D3. Frankly I would not have known but am impressed with their integrity. 

Curious if you had to reach out to Ping to find that info out about SW or did they let you know? I ask because I have a set of i230's in order with SW requests and now I'm wondering if I should contact them about it. I would hate to have a delay over a couple SW points.

17 minutes ago, TiScape said:

Good info thanks. Initial thought is, I was considering 5-7 BPS and 8-PW BPT. One of the most proficient players ITW goes i230/BPS… Maybe I should reconsider 😆 

The bpt are a great looking iron.  They are also probably the smallest modern muscleback that’s been available at retail in the last 20 years.  At times the ball looks larger than the club at address.  Even Tony finau when from the previous blueprints (basically the t model) into a full set of bps.

Edited by Pnwpingi210
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Pnwpingi210 said:

The bpt are a great looking iron.  They are also probably the smallest modern muscleback that’s been available at retail in the last 20 years.  At times the ball looks larger than the ball at address.  Even Tony finau when from the previous blueprints (basically the t model) into a full set of bps.

No doubt and ur absolutely correct IMO. It would have been my 4th set of irons and more of a ‘bcs it’s cool and looks phenomenal’ choice as opposed to a ‘best for my game/help me score better’ choice! Haha

• Like 3

I went in to my local shop yesterday fully prepared to buy these as I played the OG BP for a couple years and loved the shape - after reading this thread and the review form the ex TXG guys online - these are similar small footprint that I prefer with a little added help with the cb shape. I was a minimum of a full club short with these compared to my 923 tours (which are a degree weaker loft). I don't now if it's the extra bounce or what, they just came off totally dead - I didn't think bounce could make that much difference especially off a mat. The fitter is a buddy of mine and said the same thing - it was his pre-season pick and just felt like the face was dead and got nothing out of them. Anybody else have the same experience or advice - I'm not complaining here as I still really want to grab a set, but not at a club to club and a half loss in distance ... Open to any suggestions or comments that will change my mind. 

4 minutes ago, Big Dozer said:

I went in to my local shop yesterday fully prepared to buy these as I played the OG BP for a couple years and loved the shape - after reading this thread and the review form the ex TXG guys online - these are similar small footprint that I prefer with a little added help with the cb shape. I was a minimum of a full club short with these compared to my 923 tours (which are a degree weaker loft). I don't now if it's the extra bounce or what, they just came off totally dead - I didn't think bounce could make that much difference especially off a mat. The fitter is a buddy of mine and said the same thing - it was his pre-season pick and just felt like the face was dead and got nothing out of them. Anybody else have the same experience or advice - I'm not complaining here as I still really want to grab a set, but not at a club to club and a half loss in distance ... Open to any suggestions or comments that will change my mind. 

Actually the direct opposite. Myself and a lot of others in this thread have seen an increase in distance over other players irons. Personally think it’s the players iron of the year

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, rorykoepka said:

Actually the direct opposite. Myself and a lot of others in this thread have seen an increase in distance over other players irons. Personally think it’s the players iron of the year

Ya, that was my hope - I was dead sold on them and could not have been more surprised by the result. But It wasn't even close - as a joke I picked up a blade 7 iron in the bay - it was the RF proto blade - and was right back to my normal distance in 1 swing. Could it be a bad fitting head???

8 minutes ago, Big Dozer said:

Ya, that was my hope - I was dead sold on them and could not have been more surprised by the result. But It wasn't even close - as a joke I picked up a blade 7 iron in the bay - it was the RF proto blade - and was right back to my normal distance in 1 swing. Could it be a bad fitting head???

If it was one of those new adjustable ones, sure. Try a bonded one. 

Ping-logo-283444624.jpeg 410LST 9º (TourX) RogueST 3D (ADDI 6X) [OMG what?], 425 3w 14.5º (TourX), 430 3h 19º & 4 iCross (HZRDUS Red 6.0), i230 5-U, G4 54º, GFP 59º (DART105F4). 2021 Fetch (BGT Tour Black).

"Golf is just a dance with a stick, and a ball tells you how good a dancer you are."  LCP150mm in your fairway should be a full-time rule.

45 minutes ago, Big Dozer said:

923 tours are one of the higher spinning iron heads in the category.  Did you happen to look at the ball speed and spin compared to your tours?  If you are a lower spin player to begin with and need the spin the tours provide I could see where the bps didn’t have enough and could fall out of the air a little early resulting in a loss of carry

9 minutes ago, Pnwpingi210 said:

923 tours are one of the higher spinning iron heads in the category.  Did you happen to look at the ball speed and spin compared to your tours?  If you are a lower spin player to begin with and need the spin the tours provide I could see where the bps didn’t have enough and could fall out of the air a little early resulting in a loss of carry

Good point - not a low spin guy, was hoping the BPS would knock a little off to be honest. I was so perplexed by the results after playing the OG BP for so long that I actually called Ping and randomly got connected to one of their tech guys - they asked me to go to test another head at an alternate location (suspect that head may head been a "deadhead"). Will report back when I do. 

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Big Dozer said:

Good point - not a low spin guy, was hoping the BPS would knock a little off to be honest. I was so perplexed by the results after playing the OG BP for so long that I actually called Ping and randomly got connected to one of their tech guys - they asked me to go to test another head at an alternate location (suspect that head may head been a "deadhead"). Will report back when I do. 

Deadhead?  Is that an actual thing?

• Haha 2

What shafts are you guys liking in the Blueprint S?  I see the DG 120 is stock.. haven't played DG in a long time...

Titleist TSR4 8*  Ventus Black TR 6x
Titleist TSr3 13.5 Ventus Black TR 7x
Mizuno Pro 221 4-pw Modus 125x
Vokey SM9 52.08F 56.08M 60.04T
Scotty Newport Button Back or
Scotty Select 1/500 Newport Black Mist

I just swapped 2021 T100S into the BPS. Two rounds in and I love them. I went Pro Modus 105S to be nice to my elbows. Distance seems fine to me. I went std Loft. Feel is amazing. 

Edited by ZPrime
  • Like 2

Cobra F9 44.75” Daytona Speeder S.  
Cobra F9 3w Atmos S 
Mizuno 5W JPX 900 Blue S

Ping 4Hybrid
Ping BPS Pro Modus 105s 4-PW

SM9 black 50, 56. Wedgeworks 60 T 

SC Kombi S 

3 hours ago, rorykoepka said:

Agree with this. When I tested, I was hitting them normal solid distances I am used to and thought they felt great. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, rorykoepka said:

I hated the axioms but some people definitely love it. Had the 125x and it was all over the place coming from x100’s. Couldn’t get rid of them quickly enough

I just watched a video/review from Matt Blois. The leftie that use to be with Ian. He A/B’d em against his gamer Project X 6.5s and actually saw better dispersion and BS w/the Axiom. Guess different folks, different results 🤷🏼‍♂️

27 minutes ago, TiScape said:

I just watched a video/review from Matt Blois. The leftie that use to be with Ian. He A/B’d em against his gamer Project X 6.5s and actually saw better dispersion and BS w/the Axiom. Guess different folks, different results 🤷🏼‍♂️

Yeah but he also never put them in. Stuck with his gamer shaft. Also Ian did a review too and he was praising it like crazy but yet again also didn’t put it in. I watch what goes in gamer sets more than what people say about things.

But back on topic blueprint s are incredible

Edited by rorykoepka
  • Like 2