2024 PGA Championship WITB Photos ×

Ping Blueprint Forged S

slalomdude

Have had these on course for a couple of months now and they are special. Probably my favorite iron I've owned. So capable yet easy to use. Feel great and perform even better. What I wanted the T150 and 223/243 to be but just couldn't get there. 

Still wish Ping offered a U wedge. 

• Like 2

WITB:

Ai Smoke Max 9* Tensei 1k Blue

Ai Smoke Max 5w Ventus Blue +

'24 APEX UW 21* AD IZ 8S

Ping Blueprints S 5-P Modus 105S

Ping S159 50S / 54S/ 58H

Custom PLD Anser 2D Carbon Steel / Stability Tour

Chrome Tour X

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, deejaytee32 said:

Interesting. I tested against T150 and the Blueprint S was basically identical in spin (I did go power spec though). My old AP2s were spinning in the low/mid 7000 range, the T150 and Blueprint S were right around 6400-6500 with 7 iron.

Hmm. Maybe it’s something particular about my swing… maybe I hit these higher or lower on the face due to the sole design?

Edited by mattman

Titleist TSR2 10* - Speeder Evo VI 661 X

TM SIM2 Ti 15* - Tensei AV Raw White 75 TX

TM M5 Ti 19* - Tour AD DI 8 X

TM P7MC 4-P - X100

Ping Glide PF 50*, Epon Tour M 56*, 60*- Modus 125 W

Ping Anser 2

6 hours ago, JourdanM said:

Have had these on course for a couple of months now and they are special. Probably my favorite iron I've owned. So capable yet easy to use. Feel great and perform even better. What I wanted the T150 and 223/243 to be but just couldn't get there. 

Still wish Ping offered a U wedge. 

How demanding are they in terms of forgiveness?  I'm playing to a 5 right now (and climbing).  Less time to practice these days.  Hit the BPS and loved them, but am wondering if I should just go with the i230 or something like a P770 to get help when the swing is off.  

4 minutes ago, Grape said:

How demanding are they in terms of forgiveness?  I'm playing to a 5 right now (and climbing).  Less time to practice these days.  Hit the BPS and loved them, but am wondering if I should just go with the i230 or something like a P770 to get help when the swing is off.  

Im an 8 and they've been really good for me but irons are probably my strength. For whatever reason, these just frame it perfectly and get thru the turf better for me than my i230s and king tours

• Thanks 1

WITB:

Ai Smoke Max 9* Tensei 1k Blue

Ai Smoke Max 5w Ventus Blue +

'24 APEX UW 21* AD IZ 8S

Ping Blueprints S 5-P Modus 105S

Ping S159 50S / 54S/ 58H

Custom PLD Anser 2D Carbon Steel / Stability Tour

Chrome Tour X

14 minutes ago, Grape said:

Get BPS, hit them, don’t like them, sell them. Rinse and repeat with others. WRX “This is the way”

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Grape said:

FWIW, the i230 is quite a bit more forgiving than the 770...

(basing that comment on the MOI of each, I've not hit either)

The Ever Changing Bag!  A lot of mixing and matching
Driver: TM 300 Mini 11.5*, 43.5", Phenom NL 60X -or- Cobra SpeedZone, ProtoPype 80S, 43.5"

Fwy woods: King LTD 3/4, RIP Beta 90X -or- TM Sim2 Ti 3w, NV105 X
Hybrid:  Cobra King Tec 2h, MMT 80 S 

Irons grab bag:  1-PW Golden Ram TW276, NV105 S; 1-PW Golden Ram TW282, RIP Tour 115 R; 2-PW Golden Ram Vibration Matched, NS Pro 950WF S
Wedges:  Dynacraft Dual Millled 52*, SteelFiber i125 S -or- Scratch 8620 DD 53*, SteelFiber i125 S; Cobra Snakebite 56* -or- Wilson Staff PMP 58*, Dynamic S -or- Ram TW282 SW -or- Ram TW276 SW
Putter:  Snake Eyes Viper Tour Sv1, 34" -or- Cleveland Huntington Beach #1, 34.5" -or- Golden Ram TW Custom, 34" -or- Rife Bimini, 34" -or- Maxfli TM-2, 35"
Balls: Chrome Soft, Kirkland Signature 3pc (v3)

Grip preference: various GripMaster leather options, Best Grips Microperfs, or Star Grip Sidewinders of assorted colors

Anyone know if Ping will refinish these irons? Tools not jewels, I know. But I caught a rock underneath the fairway this weekend and got a nasty gouge in the PW 😑. Very unfortunate.

IMG_1253.jpeg

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Ping G430 LST 9° w/ GD AD-VF 7 TX
Taylormade SIM TI 15° w/ GD AD-DI 8X

Srixon u85 2-Iron w/ MMT 100
Ping Blueprint S 4-W, Ping s159 50°S w/ KBS $Taper 125
Ping Glide 4.0 54°s, Vokey SM9 60°T with Modus 125 Wedge
L.A.B. Mezz 1 w/ACCRA

Titleist ProV1 / AVX / Z-Star ♦

38 minutes ago, cocolamb22 said:

Anyone know if Ping will refinish these irons? Tools not jewels, I know. But I caught a rock underneath the fairway this weekend and got a nasty gouge in the PW 😑. Very unfortunate.

IMG_1253.jpeg

ouch!

That hurts to look at. 

Driver = Callaway Smoke-Ai Max-D 

3 wood = Callaway Smoke-Ai Max HL

3 Hybrid = Tour Edge Exotics C722
Irons = 4-PW Miura KM 700
Gap Wedge = Miura HB 50*

Sand Wedge = Taylormade MG2 56*

Putter = LAB DF3

Ball = TP5x pix 

45 minutes ago, cocolamb22 said:

IMG_1253.jpeg

Scotch brite should help it not look so painful. Yes ping does refinish though 

Cobra Aero LS 9 Fuji Evo IV 569 X

Honma TR21 15* VIZARD FP7 Stiff

Honma TR21 HY 18* VIZARD UT 7

Honma TR21 HY 21* VIZARD UT 8

Honma TR21X 5-11 VIZARD IBWF 100

HighToe MG3 54* VIZARD IB 120

HighToe MG3 58*/13 VIZARD IB 120

MackMade custom Slide MMT putter                         

Finally got the BPS to the range. MMT 85 in reg with power spec. Shanked the first five, next 30 felt like rocks then found the groove and the rest was pure magic. I230 were more forgiving but not by much. Hit these further and quite frankly the feel of the club and lack of pain afterwards will be worth a few dropped shots. The long irons were awesome and the crossover is probably donezo. Really excited for once that I made the right choice.

PING Rapture V2 with BB
PING Crossover - 3
PING Eye 2 + Becu 3-W with DG AMT S300
PING Eye 2 XG Sand and Lob wedges
PING Chipo!
PING Pal - Karsten

1 minute ago, pbr2121 said:

Finally got the BPS to the range. MMT 85 in reg with power spec. Shanked the first five, next 30 felt like rocks then found the groove and the rest was pure magic. I230 were more forgiving but not by much. Hit these further and quite frankly the feel of the club and lack of pain afterwards will be worth a few dropped shots. The long irons were awesome and the crossover is probably donezo. Really excited for once that I made the right choice.

Did you have same shaft in i230?  What's the longest iron that you have ? I'm in i230s 4-UW with a similar graphite wgt shaft and love everything except 4&5 irons.....just not enough speed to get in air consistently.....maybe the pocket in BPS would help? Lower CG than i230 ? 

I only went to five iron in the i230 but four in BPS. With a good swing they were gapping appropriately from just eyeballing them. Not sure about CG but the four was carrying 190ish on a good swing, which is about what I can expect being a mortal 50 y/o.

• Thanks 1

PING Rapture V2 with BB
PING Crossover - 3
PING Eye 2 + Becu 3-W with DG AMT S300
PING Eye 2 XG Sand and Lob wedges
PING Chipo!
PING Pal - Karsten

19 minutes ago, pbr2121 said:

I only went to five iron in the i230 but four in BPS. With a good swing they were gapping appropriately from just eyeballing them. Not sure about CG but the four was carrying 190ish on a good swing, which is about what I can expect being a mortal 50 y/o.

Well I'm nearing 60 and have lost tons of speed ..... I need loft and can get 6i at 29.5 in the air .....then it's a crap shoot with 4 n 5i .....I'll try them along with i530 tomorrow 

I finally feel good enough to put in my two cents. It's not worth a lot, but I've played and tried a LOT of irons since I found my way onto this website in 2020. These irons here are the first ones I've played that have been able to unseat my 2021 T100-S set. They provide everything I had in those with better feel. First time probably since that 2020 year that I've went multiple days without looking at the Classifieds page searching for a deal or something else to try.

I could go on and on, but anyone on the fence, get them. I've been extremely impressed with the feel, turf interaction, spin, launch, peak height, playability, and forgiveness of these. I cannot believe how friendly they are to hit versus their size. They're just phenomenal. I played Saturday after playing 59 holes the previous 2 days and I felt like I was all over the clubface--thin, chunky, toes, heels, but I never had a ball out of play. Thin strikes went maybe 5yds further than I expected. Chunky shots lost me maybe 3-5yds. And then the toe and heel strikes didn't really deviate from my start lines. My friends noticed the ball looked a little "knuckly" a couple times, but every time, it got right back on line. I definitely didn't deserve the 73 I shot that day, I'll put it that way.

I'm stashing my T100-S because those are great in their own right, but for the first time in a long time, I feel like I have a bag throughout that suits my strengths and gives me the best chance to play up to my capabiility.

• Like 4

Callaway Paradym Ai-Smoke TD 9° / Project X Denali Black 6.0 65g, 45.5"

TaylorMade Qi10 15° 3W, 18° 5W, & 21° 7W/ Mitsubishi Kai'li Blue 72g S

Ping Blueprint-S 5-PW / Project X IO 6.0 110g / Power Spec

Vokey SM10 Nickel 48.10 F, 54.10 S, 58.10 S / Project X IO 6.0 110g

PXG Mini Gunboat / BGT Stability Tour Black LE / 34.5"

Titleist ProV1 / Golf Pride MCC+4 Blue/Gray

1 hour ago, over7par said:

I finally feel good enough to put in my two cents. It's not worth a lot, but I've played and tried a LOT of irons since I found my way onto this website in 2020. These irons here are the first ones I've played that have been able to unseat my 2021 T100-S set. They provide everything I had in those with better feel. First time probably since that 2020 year that I've went multiple days without looking at the Classifieds page searching for a deal or something else to try.

I could go on and on, but anyone on the fence, get them. I've been extremely impressed with the feel, turf interaction, spin, launch, peak height, playability, and forgiveness of these. I cannot believe how friendly they are to hit versus their size. They're just phenomenal. I played Saturday after playing 59 holes the previous 2 days and I felt like I was all over the clubface--thin, chunky, toes, heels, but I never had a ball out of play. Thin strikes went maybe 5yds further than I expected. Chunky shots lost me maybe 3-5yds. And then the toe and heel strikes didn't really deviate from my start lines. My friends noticed the ball looked a little "knuckly" a couple times, but every time, it got right back on line. I definitely didn't deserve the 73 I shot that day, I'll put it that way.

I'm stashing my T100-S because those are great in their own right, but for the first time in a long time, I feel like I have a bag throughout that suits my strengths and gives me the best chance to play up to my capabiility.

Do you find toe misses coming up well short ? 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, AbSWFPGA said:

Do you find toe misses coming up well short ? 

Not so far. Few yards. Definitely not as much as I'd expect on those strikes. I have nothing negative to say about them. When I flush them, they feel amazing and perform exactly as I expect and when I miss them, they still perform pretty close to how I expect.

• Like 4

Mine are still in the bag as well.  After a week in Pinehurst and a nasty root smack on the first day I gave up the goat on the last day as my wrist was too sore, which I discovered putting my suitcase in the car on the way to the course.  Absolutely my fault as I left the stupid steel shafts in them that I was going to pull, but was hitting them so well I figured a week wouldn't matter.

Two doctors visits, X-Rays and a MRI later I have been given the all clear to play, just dealing with pain mgmt, wearing a brace all day and night, and taking anti-inflammatory meds for the next month.  Finding out there is no structural damage and no fear of it happening has made me feel a lot better.   However, the first thing I did once getting home was to put my recoils in the BPS, and I will be playing them today.  I left my Axiom shafts in my Cobra Tours as my back ups.

Notes on the BPS.  Smaller than the tours, which I like.  The spin is up a bit from the Tours, and better from the rough.  It is hard to believe but the smaller BPS are every bit as forgiving as the larger Cobra Tours.  My misses tend to be thin or toe side.

• Like 2
  • Driver - Ping G430 Max 10k - Aldila Rogue White 130 MSI TX
  • 3 Wood - Taylormade 300 Mini 13.5 - Ventus Purple X
  • 5 Wood - Ping G430 Max - Ventus Purple X 
  • 7 Wood - Ping G430 Max - Ventus Purple X 
  • 4 - PW Ping BluePrint S - Recoil 110 F5
  • GW - Ping Glide 4.0s 50* - Recoil 110 F5 | Cleveland RTX6 55* - Fuji Tour Spec 115X | LW - Vokey SM9T 60* - Fuji Tour Spec 115X
  • Putters - LAB DF3 - Accra White | Odyssey Jailbird Versa Microhinge - Odyssey Tank DBOdyssey Jailbird Ai-One

Been waiting for 3 weeks and not even an order confirmation email from Carls. Ping's customer service told me that the Steelfiber 110 is an "exotic" offering so that bumps the build time up from 1-2 weeks to 6-8 weeks? I dont get it.

And TM wont even offer the 110 anymore.

I'm giving it another week and will probably cancel. I'm just not going to wait *another* 5-6 weeks for them.

Edited by dcmidnight

OG SIM 10.5* - Ventus Black 6x

BRNR 13.5 // TM Qi10 5W/ 7W Ventus Blue 6s

Irons TM P7MC 5-7 / P7MB 8-P / Callaway '21 X Forged CBs 5-P annnnd incoming: Ping I230/Blueprint S/T
Vokey SM8 50*/54*/58*

Cody James custom // Left Dash

12 minutes ago, JMH1220 said:

How come the golf stores placing these orders don’t give you this info?  They should very well know and communicate that. If not, I’d never do business with the same company. 

Which info should a golf store employee know and, or communicate?

The only inventory a retail store controls is their own stock. Any custom and, or pending order production is controlled by the brand company making the clubs. The brand provides an estimated

time of production-shipping and the retail store communicates same to the consumer. 

Are there any mid handicappers playing these?

12 handicap and went for an iron fitting.

Currently in Rogue ST Pros with KBS C Taper S+.

Hit these in DG 120 X100 and they were performing the best out of all options.

Tried AI Smoke, i230, P770, Apex Pro, etc and then he handed me these as an “experiment”.

I loved them but hesitant because they’re advertised as a low handicap iron and don’t want to regret the lack of “forgiveness”.

Have since hit them 3x with the same happy results.

Callaway AI Smoke Max 9* | Ventus Blue TR 6X

Callaway AI Smoke Max 15* | Ventus Blue TR 7X

Callaway Apex UW 21* | Ventus Blue 8X

Titleist U505 4iron | Project X Hzrdus Black 80 HY 6.0

Callaway Rogue ST Pro 5-PW | KBS C-Taper 125 S+

Callaway Jaws Raw 50, 55 | KBS 610 125 S+

Callaway Jaws Raw 60 | KBS High Rev 2.0 Black 125 S

Odyssey AI-One Jailbird Cruiser | Odyssey 2-Ball Armlock 

Callaway Chrome Tour X

3 minutes ago, gg38 said:

Are there any mid handicappers playing these?

12 handicap and went for an iron fitting.

Currently in Rogue ST Pros with KBS C Taper S+.

Hit these in DG 120 X100 and they were performing the best out of all options.

Tried AI Smoke, i230, P770, Apex Pro, etc and then he handed me these as an “experiment”.

I loved them but hesitant because they’re advertised as a low handicap iron and don’t want to regret the lack of “forgiveness”.

Have since hit them 3x with the same happy results.

Have a buddy of mine that's in the same boat as you. He's hit mine, has hit them well, and loves them, but is afraid of the everyday forgiveness.

My suggestion (whatever it's worth)? If you've hit them 3 times now with similar results and you want to play them, grab them. I'd imagine you'll find more consistency on the course with them the more you play and that could lead to lower scores.

Similar happened to me. I was a 13 at the end of 2019 playing some Rogue irons. Got P790s and after a year, I was down to an 8. Made another jump into some MP-20 MMCs and dropped to a 5. Got some Srixon ZX7/Titleist T100-S (among a bunch of other irons to test) and dropped to a 3. I'm at a 4 right now because I've got a second kid under a year old, but these Blueprint-S are legit. From my statement earlier in this thread, I'm not sure what about them is so good, but they've just been great so far.

Not trying to toot my own horn or anything, I'm just saying I was there a few years back and worried about forgiveness. Some days, I still do. But if you've put in the due diligence to test (and hitting them 3-4 times overall sounds like you have), feel confident pulling the trigger. Know you might have some growing pains to fully get into them, but they've got a surprising amount of forgiveness built in that should help.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, over7par said:

Have a buddy of mine that's in the same boat as you. He's hit mine, has hit them well, and loves them, but is afraid of the everyday forgiveness.

My suggestion (whatever it's worth)? If you've hit them 3 times now with similar results and you want to play them, grab them. I'd imagine you'll find more consistency on the course with them the more you play and that could lead to lower scores.

Similar happened to me. I was a 13 at the end of 2019 playing some Rogue irons. Got P790s and after a year, I was down to an 8. Made another jump into some MP-20 MMCs and dropped to a 5. Got some Srixon ZX7/Titleist T100-S (among a bunch of other irons to test) and dropped to a 3. I'm at a 4 right now because I've got a second kid under a year old, but these Blueprint-S are legit. From my statement earlier in this thread, I'm not sure what about them is so good, but they've just been great so far.

Not trying to toot my own horn or anything, I'm just saying I was there a few years back and worried about forgiveness. Some days, I still do. But if you've put in the due diligence to test (and hitting them 3-4 times overall sounds like you have), feel confident pulling the trigger. Know you might have some growing pains to fully get into them, but they've got a surprising amount of forgiveness built in that should help.

Take my money!

• Like 2

Callaway AI Smoke Max 9* | Ventus Blue TR 6X

Callaway AI Smoke Max 15* | Ventus Blue TR 7X

Callaway Apex UW 21* | Ventus Blue 8X

Titleist U505 4iron | Project X Hzrdus Black 80 HY 6.0

Callaway Rogue ST Pro 5-PW | KBS C-Taper 125 S+

Callaway Jaws Raw 50, 55 | KBS 610 125 S+

Callaway Jaws Raw 60 | KBS High Rev 2.0 Black 125 S

Odyssey AI-One Jailbird Cruiser | Odyssey 2-Ball Armlock 

Callaway Chrome Tour X

1 hour ago, Louis_Posture said:

Which info should a golf store employee know and, or communicate?

The only inventory a retail store controls is their own stock. Any custom and, or pending order production is controlled by the brand company making the clubs. The brand provides an estimated

time of production-shipping and the retail store communicates same to the consumer. 

Well the brand company is the issue then.