2024 Wells Fargo Championship WITB Photos ×

Ping Blueprint Forged S

slalomdude

A couple rounds in now.  Still like them a lot.  The 4 & 5 iron are both longer than what I had played.  I normally have about 12 yard gapping.  My 6 to 5 iron is now 15 yards as is my 5 to 4 iron gap.  So 4 iron is about 6 yards longer (carry) than my old set.  I am ok with the larger gaps in that part of my bag.  Still easy to flight 4 and 5 iron down if needed.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, tmb guy said:

orderd a set with steelfiber and got this from ping thennnn

Hello,

F

Here is memo we receive from are Supervisor.

For Blueprint S & T irons with these custom graphite shafts, we will not be able to achieve a wide range of swing weights. If an account is requesting a specific swing weight, please let them know that it might not be achievable. It would be best to avoid any swing weight requests for these types of builds. In order to have these custom shafts in the Blueprint S & T we have to forgo the tip weight which will really limit our swing weight options. It is extremely important to add the BUILD IN WRX option when entering these orders.

Thank you and have a great day!

Play your best,

i got this

Unfortunately, all production for Blueprint S with graphite shaft is on hold until further notice. There is some testing being done at this moment in time.

Play your best,

Uh oh.  I would think they could hit C8-D2.  Anyone more knowledgeable on this subject care to offer an opinion?

Edited by JMH1220

I just placed an order for 4-P with mmt so if I hear anything I’ll share. While I’m at it, I was getting 5500 rpm with the 7 and was wondering if power spec was a bad idea. Thoughts appreciated.

PING Rapture V2 with BB
PING Crossover - 3
PING Eye 2 + Becu 3-W with DG AMT S300
PING Eye 2 XG Sand and Lob wedges
PING Chipo!
PING Pal - Karsten

29 minutes ago, pbr2121 said:

I just placed an order for 4-P with mmt so if I hear anything I’ll share. While I’m at it, I was getting 5500 rpm with the 7 and was wondering if power spec was a bad idea. Thoughts appreciated.

From what I hear, MMT is backordered til end of April. At least 105S was that I ordered for a friend. 

WITB:

Ai Smoke Max 9* Tensei 1k Blue

Ai Smoke Max 5w Ventus Blue +

'24 APEX UW 21* AD IZ 8S

Ping Blueprints S 5-P Modus 105S

Ping S159 50S / 54S/ 58H

Custom PLD Anser 2D Carbon Steel / Stability Tour

Chrome Tour X

9 hours ago, pbr2121 said:

These are stronger lofted than a traditional player CB already.  If 5500 was your spin with a 7 iron with standard loft, i cannot imagine power lofting.  What would be the reason?  If anything, you need to find an extra 1000-1500 rpm of spin via shaft, ball or loft.  The good news is these are easy to flight down when a lower shot is desired.  Also I presume you lose a couple degrees of bounce with power loft.

Man…. I’ve been sitting on pulling the trigger on a set of the BPs for a bit now since seeing so many on BST. My other problem is deciding on a shaft. Im either gonna go Modus or Axiom/MMT. I’ve hit these with the I230 and both were good but I’ve not played a Ping iron in forever. Good ball striker, but I don’t play as much as I used to and practice time is very limited. Decisions, decisions…

On 3/30/2024 at 5:55 AM, tmb guy said:

orderd a set with steelfiber and got this from ping thennnn

Hello,

F

Here is memo we receive from are Supervisor.

For Blueprint S & T irons with these custom graphite shafts, we will not be able to achieve a wide range of swing weights. If an account is requesting a specific swing weight, please let them know that it might not be achievable. It would be best to avoid any swing weight requests for these types of builds. In order to have these custom shafts in the Blueprint S & T we have to forgo the tip weight which will really limit our swing weight options. It is extremely important to add the BUILD IN WRX option when entering these orders.

Play your best,

i got this

Unfortunately, all production for Blueprint S with graphite shaft is on hold until further notice. There is some testing being done at this moment in time.

Play your best,

Well that's certainly peculiar.  

I was planning on ordering a set this week with Recoil Darts so I guess we'll see.

Ping G430 Max with Ping Distanza or MP5 Ladies flex or Grafalloy Pro Launch Blue 45 in Senior

Ping G430 Five Wood Ping Distanza

Ping G430 Seven Wood Ping Distanza

Ping G430 Nine Wood Ping Distanza

Ping i230 5-PW Red Dot + 1"  Recoil Dart 105

Ping i230 Utility Wedge +1" Recoil Dart 105

Ping Glide 4.0 56 Degree ES Red Dot ZZ 115

Scotty Cameron Squareback 2.5 341/2"

Scotty Cameron Phantom X 5.5 35"

On 3/30/2024 at 8:53 AM, doctor220 said:

What did you prefer about the BPS vs i230? Considering making the jump so just curious. Find them pretty forgiving and consistent. 

BPS is more like the S55 and S55 is the GOAT for PING, to me. Looking down at the BPS, it's a has a skinnier top line and less offset than the i230 and it doesn't hurt that it's forged. On the other hand, the i230 is a more forgiving head.

I personally never cared for the i210 or the i230 and preferred the BP/S55's. They're both good irons, just never made me want them more than what I had. It's taken more than a few real ball testing sessions to get me to believe the BPS can supplant the S55. Of course, what it does on the course will be the real test but I'm really liking it so far.

Edited by nitram

The answer to better golf is work your butt off and learn how to hit it better, farther, and make more putts.

21 minutes ago, MotherTeresa10 said:

Anyone know how the S compares the standard Blueprints they've made the past few years?

The S is a bit more forgiving and a little hotter.

The answer to better golf is work your butt off and learn how to hit it better, farther, and make more putts.

1 hour ago, MotherTeresa10 said:

Anyone know how the S compares the standard Blueprints they've made the past few years?

S is a newer entry akin to s55. Blueprint T = old blueprint. 

• Like 1

WITB:

'24 APEX UW 21* AD IZ 8S

Ping S159 50S / 54S/ 58H

Chrome Tour X

Looks like the Maltby Playability Factor ratings were updated recently. I kinda take these with a grain of salt since they say that technically the i230 is less playable than BPS, i500 is less playable than most Ping iron heads, etc. but still fun to read

https://www.golfworks.com/head-mpf-ratings/

IMG_6177.jpeg.c86aa4b2e11093b60e4da7b47d7be050.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

PING G430 MAX 10K 10.5° | Fujikura Ventus TR Blue 6X

PING G430 MAX 3W 15°@14° | Fujikura 2024 Ventus Blue 7X

PING G430 MAX 7W 21°@19.5° | Fujikura Ventus TR Blue 8X

PING G430 5H 26°@25° | Fujikura Ventus Blue HB 9X

PING i230 5i-7i, PING Blueprint S 8i-PW | Fujikura Axiom 125X

PING Glide 4.0 Stealth 50°-12 | Fujikura Axiom 125X

PING Glide 4.0 Stealth 55°-11 (56°@55°), 60°-8 (58°T@60°), Glide Forged Pro 60°-09 (59°EYE2@60°) | DG S400 Tour Issue "Season Opener" Masters Edition

PING PLD Custom DS72H 35.5" | BGT Stability Tour Masters M-Edition and L.A.B. Golf MEZZ.1 MAX 36" White/Green Masters Edition | LA GOLF P-Series 135 White/Green

Titleist Pro V1x

1 hour ago, ajbillings said:

Looks like the Maltby Playability Factor ratings were updated recently. I kinda take these with a grain of salt since they say that technically the i230 is less playable than BPS, i500 is less playable than most Ping iron heads, etc. but still fun to read

MPF score isn't the thing to pay attention to in MPF data.  MPF is little more than C Dimension minus Actual VCOG.

Instead, look at the cg location, both vertically and horizontally, to help mitigate your misses, and to MOI for the actual physical measurement of forgiveness.

Side note:  Interesting that they actually are bringing the CG down with the BP-S, after years of going stupid high with so many of their designs.  Also interesting that the BP-T CG is higher than the OG Blueprint.

Edited by NRJyzr
  • Like 3

The Ever Changing Bag!  A lot of mixing and matching
Driver: TM 300 Mini 11.5*, 43.5", Phenom NL 60X -or- Cobra SpeedZone, ProtoPype 80S, 43.5"

Fwy woods: King LTD 3/4, RIP Beta 90X -or- TM Sim2 Ti 3w, NV105 X
Hybrid:  Cobra King Tec 2h, MMT 80 S 

Irons grab bag:  1-PW Golden Ram TW276, NV105 S; 1-PW Golden Ram TW282, RIP Tour 115 R; 2-PW Golden Ram Vibration Matched, NS Pro 950WF S
Wedges:  Dynacraft Dual Millled 52*, SteelFiber i125 S -or- Scratch 8620 DD 53*, SteelFiber i125 S; Cobra Snakebite 56* -or- Wilson Staff PMP 58*, Dynamic S -or- Ram TW282 SW -or- Ram TW276 SW
Putter:  Snake Eyes Viper Tour Sv1, 34" -or- Cleveland Huntington Beach #1, 34.5" -or- Golden Ram TW Custom, 34" -or- Rife Bimini, 34" -or- Maxfli TM-2, 35"
Balls: Chrome Soft, Kirkland Signature 3pc (v3)

Grip preference: various GripMaster leather options, Best Grips Microperfs, or Star Grip Sidewinders of assorted colors

13 hours ago, ajbillings said:

I know this is an aside to the thread but I kind of went down the rabbit hole exploring this after reading your post. While I'm not the most knowledgable individual here, I did spend quite a few years fitting clubs professionally while acquiring certificates from most of the major manufacturers and would like to think I have some expertise in the club industry. I can honestly say that these ratings have almost zero applicability to anything I witnessed in my club fitting experience. All I can say is WTactualF. 

• Like 3

Ping G430 LST 10.5* // Fujikura Speeder NX Green 60 X
Ping G430 Max 15* // Fujikura Speeder NX Green 70 X

Srixon ZX MKII 3H // Fujikura Speeder 904H S
Ping Blueprint S (4-W) // Dynamic Gold S400 Tour Issue
Titleist SM9 50F, 56S, 60L // Dynamic Gold S400 Tour Issue
Byron Morgan DH89

8 hours ago, robbie91 said:

I know this is an aside to the thread but I kind of went down the rabbit hole exploring this after reading your post. While I'm not the most knowledgable individual here, I did spend quite a few years fitting clubs professionally while acquiring certificates from most of the major manufacturers and would like to think I have some expertise in the club industry. I can honestly say that these ratings have almost zero applicability to anything I witnessed in my club fitting experience. All I can say is WTactualF. 

Due to your experience what is your opinion on the post regarding delaying any assembly with granite shafts due to unattainable swing weight requests?  I use Steelfibers i95’s in stiff and was thinking of ordering.  Not sure if Ping uses a graphite length shaft for SW but I def have steel length in my Steelfibers. No way do want my shafts any longer than standard steel length. 

On 3/31/2024 at 12:26 PM, ajbillings said:

The amount of salt I take the MPF ratings with...

Stephen Curry Bae GIF by MOODMAN

Edited by MMB1500
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

On 3/31/2024 at 10:26 AM, ajbillings said:

The only thing I ever look at in the MPF chart is the MOI (and head weight).  "Playability" is at best a poor word choice for his findings.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, underwater said:

The only thing I ever look at in the MPF chart is the MOI (and head weight).  "Playability" is at best a poor word choice for his findings.

The Playa’s Bilities have far more to do with it than club design lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Cobra Aero LS 9 Fuji Evo IV 569 X

Honma TR21 15* VIZARD FP7 Stiff

Honma TR21 HY 18* VIZARD UT 7

Honma TR21 HY 21* VIZARD UT 8

Honma TR21X 5-11 VIZARD IBWF 100

HighToe MG3 54* VIZARD IB 120

HighToe MG3 58*/13 VIZARD IB 120

MackMade custom Slide MMT putter                         

On 4/1/2024 at 9:09 AM, JMH1220 said:

Due to your experience what is your opinion on the post regarding delaying any assembly with granite shafts due to unattainable swing weight requests?  I use Steelfibers i95’s in stiff and was thinking of ordering.  Not sure if Ping uses a graphite length shaft for SW but I def have steel length in my Steelfibers. No way do want my shafts any longer than standard steel length. 

Nothing a little lead tape can't take care of.

• Like 1

On 3/29/2024 at 12:45 PM, JourdanM said:

Home course opened the greens today so went out for a quick 9. The Blueprints  are simply the best irons I've owned. Going to sound like a broken record here but they do whatever you ask of them. Absolutely thrilled, kudos Ping!

How do these compare to the king cb and long iron king tour combo you had?  

ball speed, spin, and carry distances?

26 minutes ago, Pnwpingi210 said:

How do these compare to the king cb and long iron king tour combo you had?  

ball speed, spin, and carry distances?

So I have just a straight King Tour set(they are in a backup bag) and I'd say they are faster, spin less, and are a bit longer. I power specced the BPSs and they are plenty long and I just much prefer the launch conditions, look at address, accuracy, and turf interaction.

The KTs are great but I have total trust in the pings; they don't deviate from my lines and I feel much more confident in the ball going exactly where I want it to. KT probably feels a little softer but that is not to say the pings don't feel really nice.  More offset in the Kits and the BPS just frames the ball perfectly to my eye. 

• Thanks 1

WITB:

'24 APEX UW 21* AD IZ 8S

Ping S159 50S / 54S/ 58H

Chrome Tour X

8 hours ago, wobgon said:

Probably been covered but if ordered standard, could these be bent to power spec with the same results as if ordered at power spec?

I think basically the answer is yes, but I have heard they are hard to bend. No personal experience but heard from a few sources.

• Like 1

Cobra F9 44.75” Daytona Speeder S.  
Cobra F9 3w Atmos S 
Mizuno 5W JPX 900 Blue S

Ping 4Hybrid
Ping BPS Pro Modus 105s 4-PW

SM9 black 50, 56. Wedgeworks 60 T 

SC Kombi S 

I ordered a set with MMT and my club guy confirmed all BPS orders with graphite shafts are going thru the pro wrx builders at ping. Apparently there were issues with swing weights in the short irons and the hosel weights but they can get them right. Build time could be 4-5 weeks. Sorry for the lack of detail but that’s all I know or frankly could understand with my limited knowledge. 

PING Rapture V2 with BB
PING Crossover - 3
PING Eye 2 + Becu 3-W with DG AMT S300
PING Eye 2 XG Sand and Lob wedges
PING Chipo!
PING Pal - Karsten

Picking up my set in a few days, 5-pw with steelfibers

• Like 1

Ping G430 10k Blueboard 53x

Cally AI Smoke 3w 17* Ventus Black 5x

Ping G400 7w 19.5* Ventus Red 6x

Ping G425 4h 22* Fuji TourSpec 8.2s