2024 Rocket Mortgage Classic WITB Photos ×

2023 Paradym Super Hybrid?

I’m interested in trying this, but to be honest it’s a little hard to swallow that price when us lefties can grab the Epic Super Hybrid new for $110 on Carl’s Golfland right now. If they make the Paradym Super Hybrid eligible for the 2X trade-in bonus at some point, I’d give it a shot.

Driver: Ping G430 LST 9* | Fujikura Ventus TR Blue 6X

3W: Ping G430 Max @14* | Fujikura Speeder NX Blue 70X

Hybrids: Ping G430 3H, 5H @25* | Tour 2.0 Chrome 85S

Irons: Ping i230 5-UW | Fujikura AXIOM 105X

Wedges: Callaway Jaws Raw 54/12W@55/13W, 60/12X | Nippon Modus 125 Wedge

Putter: Bettinardi 2024 BB1 Wide 

I'm thinking about getting it, I have to try it first.  I currently have overlap between my 3 hybrid and 4W.  I can hit my 4h 220 yards, so really this slot is only needed for those 230-240 yard layups off the tee, par5 second shots and rarely a makeup shot after I messed up my drive.  I never use my 4W on the fairway, I would rather just hit my 3h even if a few yards shorter.  On the other hand I almost never use my 3h off the tee either, that's where the 4W wins.  I'm rather hoping this super hybrid will be the in between club that a covers both situations a little better and remove a club from my bag (possibly add another wedge instead). Definitely want to try and for me it will come down to whether its easier off the fairway then my 4W is.

Mizuno JPX923 Tours

Ping and TaylorMade Hybrids

Taylor Made RBZ 4W and Sim2 Driver

Scotty Cameron Fastback

Currently playing TP5, BRX, BX (still deciding)

I've been gaming the UW 19* for a year, and I'm actually really interested in trying this new Super Hybrid. 

The UW is my longest club in the bag after the driver.

I consider it (and use it) like a 5 wood. It's my 230 yards club.

I love the feel of this club, the balance, the swing weight etc. But sometimes I still think a shorter club (Shaft lenght) would give me an improved "pured" conversion rate. 

Also its kinda smallish face is not the most confidence inspiring when I play a competition and I'm at the 17th hole and stressed/tired.

UW 19* is 41.5" long

New Epic Super Hybrid 18* is 41" ( former 18* Super Hybrid was at 40.8 I think)

I know the half inch can make a big difference when I go hard at it at the end of a round.

Also its got a thicker shaft (hybrid shaft), which is also more confidence inspiring than the UW thin wood shaft (makes the club look even shorter)

I know I can also shorten the UW but I just love its balance from the get go and don't want to destroy that.

Basically I just want to see what my shots would look like when I swing out of my shoes with the Epic Super Hybrid. 

My main concern would be its allegedly draw bias. 

But if I can pure more balls, then I'm in for a swap (I don't mind losing 5 yards on pured shots as long as I pure more)

Edited by AverageFrenchGolfer
  • Like 1

On 8/9/2023 at 12:09 AM, bcflyguy1 said:

PSH is all about offering as much speed and distance as possible in a club with a shorter shaft. You can see that engineering intent on the offered lofts, the titanium and carbon construction. If what you need from clubs between driver and irons is for them to go as far as possible and help mitigate round wrecking shots, PSH is intended for you. 

That's exaclty what I'm looking for, even tho i love my UW.

I can shape shots when I'm at the range, but I don't feel like doing it on the course. Best I do would be drawing a little more than my usual draw if I'm playing a dogleg.

So I know I'm not using the UW to its full potential.

Edited by AverageFrenchGolfer

Just ordered a Paradym X 5 and 7 wood, no interest in the super hybrid for that price. Always been able to hit my fairway woods pretty good. 

Driver: Cobra  50th Anniversary Edition Aerojet 10.5 w/Graphite Design Tour AD IZ4 

3W: Callaway  Paradym X 3w/ Graphite Design Tour AD CQ5  

5/7W: Callaway Paradym X / Project X Hzrdus Gen 4 silver 5.5

Irons:  Titleist T-350 w/Aerotech i80r

Wedges:  Cleveland RTX 6 ZipCore 48* and 54* w/Aerotech i95r

Putter:  ENVROLL E2 34" with Stability Fire shaft  w/ Oversize Black PURE grip (rotate) ODESSEY EYE TRAX 2-BALL w/BGT Stability Carbon 33" 2 Thumb OG Lite 31 black grip

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, MongoSmash said:

I got to hit Super hybrid today. 

It is big! It is not gonna win a beauty pageant, but it was soooo easy to hit. 

A VERY different feel compared to Paradym hybrid. Paradym face felt stiffer. Super Hybrid felt more muted off the face

What did you notice in terms of performance differences vs. the regular Paradym? How did launch, spin, height and distance compare?

1 minute ago, eric61 said:

What did you notice in terms of performance differences vs. the regular Paradym? How did launch, spin, height and distance compare?

Unfortunately, I was only able to hit basic range balls. 

They both spun a lot for me 5000+ spin. The biggest difference was feel off the face, the Super Hybrid looked wayyy bigger and was probably a touch more forgiving. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, MongoSmash said:

Unfortunately, I was only able to hit basic range balls. 

They both spun a lot for me 5000+ spin. The biggest difference was feel off the face, the Super Hybrid looked wayyy bigger and was probably a touch more forgiving. 

Mongo, do you believe this could be a off the tee club for people who struggle with driver?  I have a high swing speed and smash my hybrids.  But my driver just isn't worth the 2 I hit ob every round.  Thanks

"Patience without understanding"

6 minutes ago, slantsflood said:

Mongo, do you believe this could be a off the tee club for people who struggle with driver?  I have a high swing speed and smash my hybrids.  But my driver just isn't worth the 2 I hit ob every round.  Thanks

It could. I am similar. I would consider myself above average swing speed. 

this could replace a driver off the tee. You will be giving up distance. 

but this felt like absolutely a middle ground between fairway woods and a pure hybrid. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, slantsflood said:

If you have room for it in your bag, I highly suggest any of TM's mini drivers. They're so easy to hit and you dont lose much distance. 

Driver, mini driver, super hybrid / apex UW 19*. Super hybrid / apex UW are great tee options. If you dont go the mini driver route then the super hybrid at 16* should be a low launch rocket launcher. I had both previous super hybrids and the ball speed is crazy fast. Really only usable off the tee bc they're so low launch and spin....but very fun to hit

I could be lower than my current 5hc but I too struggle with putting drives OB

• Like 1

TM Qi10 9* ... 2024 HZRDUS T1100 60x

TM BRNR Mini 13.5 ... 2024 HZRDUS T1100 70x

TM Qi10 Tour 6w... KBS TD Rainbow 80x

TM Qi10 Tour 4h... KBS Proto Hybrid 105 S+

Mizuno Pro 243 5 - P ... KBS $-Taper 125 S+

TM MG4 50 S, 56 LB, 60 TW... KBS $-Taper 130x

Greyson x Bettinardi SS3 and QB6

TaylorMade TP5x

6 minutes ago, third-times-a-charm said:

That’s the UW

Correct; same club category but PSH and UW could hardly be more different in their performance profile and applications.

As I've said before, it's like comparing an F1 car and a Top Fuel dragster. Both race cars, but that's where the similarities end.

OEM Certified Master Fitter

"Never forget that the luxury of being
wrong is not enough to make you right."
WITB Link

Comparison pics of 21° Paradym SH and 21° Epic SH - although it's not obvious, the PSH is somewhat longer front-to-back than the ESH.

Sound is completely different: ESH strike is a metallic pitch compared to the muted thud of the PSH.

No launch monitor numbers, but my initial feeling is that the PSH launches somewhat higher than the ESH.

IMG_0844.jpeg

IMG_0845.jpeg

IMG_0847.jpeg

Edited by HiTrajLoSpin
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

TaylorMade Stealth 2 12° - Ventus Velo Blue 5R2

PING G425 Max 5-Wood (@16.5°) / 7-Wood (@19.5°) - Ventus Velo Red 5R2

Callaway Paradym Super Hybrid 21° / 24° - AD HY 65R

Mizuno MP245 6-GW - AD 75R SSx1

TaylorMade MG4 52.08 - AD 75S (8i) / 56.12TW - AD 75S (9i)

Odyssey Versa Jailbird 380 WH

Titleist ProV1x

Wow, that's a beefy hybrid head! The 16 degree is 147cc. To put that into perspective, The PING G15 3w and 4w heads were 151cc. I think my Epic Flash SZ 5w is somewhere between 150-155cc!

TSR2 8*, Diamana BG 60TX

TSR1 15*, Diamana BF 80TX

TSR1 20°, Atmos TS Blue HB 8x 
Mizuno MP Fli Hi 21°, Recoil 110

JPX 923 Forged  5-P, DG120 X100
RTX6  50, 54, 58 MID (AMT White X100)
Odyssey Eleven S
Tour BX

1 hour ago, HiTrajLoSpin said:

Comparison pics of 21° Paradym SH and 21° Epic SH - although it's not obvious, the PSH is somewhat longer front-to-back than the ESH.

Sound is completely different: ESH strike is a metallic pitch compared to the muted thud of the PSH.

No launch monitor numbers, but my initial feeling is that the PSH launches somewhat higher than the ESH.

IMG_0844.jpeg

IMG_0845.jpeg

IMG_0847.jpeg

Holy cow!!  Hoping that thing is low launching.  Looks like a driving hybrid like they wanted.  Does it feel heavier compared to your esh?

"Patience without understanding"

Paradym Super Hybrid compared to previous Epic Super Hybrid is more forgiving, has a better feel and is very versatile from tight lies. Ball flies high and long. To me the best hybrid I have ever played.

FYI I tested the PSH with exactly the same specs (lie, loft, swing weight, length and shaft) of the ESH.

On 8/30/2023 at 3:21 AM, eric61 said:

Paradym Super Hybrid is more forgiving than a regular Paradym. I was not able to practice it with a launch monitor, but I feel it is longer and ball has a higher trajectory. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, HiTrajLoSpin said:

IMG_0844.jpeg

IMG_0845.jpeg

IMG_0847.jpeg

Looks like the Graphite Design Tour AD HY shaft in there, right? How do you feel it pairs with the Super Hybrid? I was thinking about trying that combo. I figure since this is supposed to be a relatively low-launching head, a higher-spin shaft is the way to go. I wish Callaway offered heavier options in the HY than 75S.

31 minutes ago, eric61 said:

Looks like the Graphite Design Tour AD HY shaft in there, right? How do you feel it pairs with the Super Hybrid? I was thinking about trying that combo. I figure since this is supposed to be a relatively low-launching head, a higher-spin shaft is the way to go. I wish Callaway offered heavier options in the HY than 75S.

Good eye @eric61, it's an AD HY 65R playing at 39.5 inches. I'm a senior trying to get higher launch, since my normal ball flight is pretty low. I haven't hit it with the PSH enough to be certain, but it worked well with the ESH.

• Like 1

TaylorMade Stealth 2 12° - Ventus Velo Blue 5R2

PING G425 Max 5-Wood (@16.5°) / 7-Wood (@19.5°) - Ventus Velo Red 5R2

Callaway Paradym Super Hybrid 21° / 24° - AD HY 65R

Mizuno MP245 6-GW - AD 75R SSx1

TaylorMade MG4 52.08 - AD 75S (8i) / 56.12TW - AD 75S (9i)

Odyssey Versa Jailbird 380 WH

Titleist ProV1x

3 hours ago, eric61 said:

That's what I ordered recently. Old gd ad-hy paint job don't bother me enough to warrant spending $150(new paint) vs $75. The 75s will have to do but I think it will fit well in the 16° head or so I hope. Need a little help getting ball up anyway so we shall see. 

• Like 1

Srixon ZX7/Cobra Radspeed XB

ZX 3w Riptide/Cobra radspeed motore F3

ZX 19/22 hy Riptide 

Cobra FT 5-Pw,Aw KBS/ Cobra F9 5-pw,aw 

Cbx ZC 54/Cbx FF 58 Dgold

Cobra sport 45/Cleveland elevado

Srixon QST/Titleist Pro V1 or whatever urethane balls I may find 

12 minutes ago, tomuch23 said:

That's what I ordered recently. Old gd ad-hy paint job don't bother me enough to warrant spending $150(new paint) vs $75. The 75s will have to do but I think it will fit well in the 16° head or so I hope. Need a little help getting ball up anyway so we shall see. 

Great deal on the old model shafts from Callaway for $75 - thanks for the heads up! $125 for the new graphics isnt bad, either.

AITD MAX  10.5° + UB6 AIMAX 16.5° + 21° + 24° + UB6+7+8 / FRGD TEC5-G + MODUS115 / JWS RW + MODUS120 / SPDRL-NCK+ CT 120

I ordered a 21* and it just arrived. Having never seen it in person I’m pleasantly surprised. It’s a largish footprint, but not off putting. I had the original SH and never really got along with it. I’m looking for something that replaces a 3/4 iron(closer to the 4) mainly for use as a driving iron replacement. I’m just not getting along with the 4-iron at all. Previously I’ve tried:

UW 21*
TSi2 and TSR2 21* 7 woods

TSR3 24* hyb

The 7 woods just flew too high and we’re almost unusable(for me) off the tee. Pretty impressive off the deck or from the rough though. The 21* UW just never clicked. 

The 24* TSR3 is completely different. Obviously shorter in distance, I wanted a direct point and shoot 4-iron replacement with that rather than something hotter. It’s a baffling club. Feels good, looks good, but the distances are inconsistent. I can launch it 20* and 7k spin(for real) and it covers my 5 iron perfectly(if it’s not windy). Or it’ll launch 12-14 and 3-4k and get out past the 4 iron. Problem is me and not the club, but I never know what I’m going to get unless I’m TRYING to get that low draw that goes forever, can get consistent enough to see the same launch every time. 

So I’m hoping this flies like the 4-iron and maybe covers 3-iron distance. Looks more square than I would have expected, the size isn’t awful. Hopefully I’ll get it on the course this weekend. 

pics vs the 24* TSR3 for comparison

IMG_3395.jpeg

IMG_3396.jpeg

IMG_3394.jpeg

• Like 2

IG: instagram.com/launchedgolf                                      

Ai Smoke Triple Diamond 9* Tour AD VF6X (Triple Diamond Max incoming)

BRNR Mini Copper 13.5* HXRDUS RDX Blue 60 6.5X (random shaft I had laying around and it has been perfect)                
'24 UW 19* MMT  80X
P-UDI  22* MMT 105X

'24 Apex Pro 5-AW Axiom 125X

SM9 54/10M
SM9 60M

Lots of putters

On deck: Paradym Super Hybrid 21*, TSR3 24* hybrid, Apex CB 4-11, Apex MB 8-10,  Apex UT 23*