Driver:       TM Qi10 ... AutoFlex Dream 7 SF405
Fairway:    TM Qi10 5 wood ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:    Ping G430 22* ... Alta CB Black 70r
                  TM Dhy #4 ... Diamana LTD 65r

Irons:         Titleist T200 '23 5-9 ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:   MG3 ... 45*/50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:       Cobra King Sport-60
Ball:           2024 TP5x/2023 Maxfli Tour X

I enjoyed that one. I'm glad the season is underway.

My short work week starts early in the morning.

See you dudes on Friday. 

Edited by touch
  • Like 2

Callaway        Paradym  Hzrdus Silver 

Callaway        Epic Flash 3-5-7 fw's  Even Flow Green   
Callaway          X Hot 11 wood  Project X PXv

TM                  P790   6-PW  Recoil ESX 

PING               Glide 3.0  50, 56, 60  all SS 

TM                  Spider cs 

14 minutes ago, chisag said:

... 3 big dropped passes, and one went for a pick 6. That's why they lost. The rest was just trying to recover. Bummer. Obviously I want to see Detroit lose as a Bears fan. If/when the Bears fold it in for the season, then I can pull for the Lions. 

Sure...but those were not "bad calls" or due to play calling.  That was 100% a absolutely horrendous play call - on many levels.

• Like 1

Week 1 

imk                 Washington PP      Car/Atl Over                Cincy/ Clev Under

NJBF              Washington           Jacksonville PP           Minnesota

chisag            Washington            Chicago                      San Fran

P48                 Det/KC Over          Jacksonville PP          Philadelphia

BC                  Washington             Dallas                         Chicago

TL                  Washington             Jacksonville                Seattle

P3P                KC                           Jacksonville                Pittsburgh

DMM              KC                           Denver PP                    Pittsburgh

LP                   Detroit                    Washington                NY Giants 

NCL               Car/Atl Under          Green Bay                  Philadelphia

CH                 Det/KC Under          Carolina                     Cincinnati 

doc                Washington             Baltimore                    NE/Phil Under

Q                    KC                           Jacksonville                Buffalo 

31 minutes ago, Triple Lindy said:

And maybe no Bieniemy.

I don't think it is chemistry.  From what I saw they have almost zero talent at the WR spots!   Not a single one of those guys is a WR1 and maybe even not a WR2.  The guy that was supposed to make the big leap this year (Sky) didn't see a ball until late in the game.  MVS is not good.  Watson is not good.  Toney is terrible!  

For a team that is predicated on "catching" the ball - this group is the worst they have ever had imo, and close to the bottom in the league.

Kelce is all-world; but the lack of talent is really exposed when he's not around.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, puttnforthe8 said:

I don't think it is chemistry.  From what I saw they have almost zero talent at the WR spots!   Not a single one of those guys is a WR1 and maybe even not a WR2.  The guy that was supposed to make the big leap this year (Sky) didn't see a ball until late in the game.  MVS is not good.  Watson is not good.  Toney is terrible!  

For a team that is predicated on "catching" the ball - this group is the worst they have ever had imo, and close to the bottom in the league.

Kelce is all-world; but the lack of talent is really exposed when he's not around.

Ya make me worry about Mahomie.

He not small/delicate by any measure but continuously extending himself out there is going to take a big toll and be really dangerous 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, bscinstnct said:

Ya make me worry about Mahomie.

He not small/delicate by any measure but continuously extending himself out there is going to take a big toll and be really dangerous 

I thought he was going to get crushed a couple of those runs...he sure wasn't taking a 'slide first' approach!!

• Like 2

12 hours ago, touch said:

@nsxguy

Howdy. Glad you are interested in our group. You can join the contest if you do the following.

1. Look back and see what the 3 Dark Horse plays are and make your 3 dark horse picks.

2. Agree to having you picks in (posted) by 3 PM Eastern each week.

3. Have your W-L weekly result up (posted) by 9 AM Eastern. 

Thanks touch,

1) I looked at the 1st post again and see nothing about dark horse picks. I searched the thread for "dark" and found NJBF made the first post mentioning dark horse but that was a pick for him, so I stopped looking.

Can you kindly point me to the post(s) explaining "dark horse" ? TIA

2) What day of week ? OK, I see now - Wednesday. Check !!!

3) What day of week ? AND, does this mean I have to post the results of my own picks ?

Also, in the recorded picks, what does "PP" mean ?

Sorry, but one more question. Have you given any thought to having 2 threads; one for "picks only" and another for "NFL weekly discussion" ?

This thread is already 20 pages long and only 1 game has been played. :classic_smile:

Thanks. 👍

Edited by nsxguy
  • Like 1

Callaway Epic Flash SZ 10.5 Ventus Blue 6S

Ping G425 14.5 Fairway Tour AD TP 6X

Ping G425 MAX 20.5 7 wood Diamana Blue 70 S

Ping G20 5-PW DGS300 Yellow Dot

Ping Glide Pro 48*

Taylormade MG3 52*, 56*, TW 60* DGS200

LAB Mezz Max 35*, RED, Black Accra

Callaway Tour TruTrack Yellow

1 hour ago, puttnforthe8 said:

Gotta say, that was some of the worst WR play I’ve seen on an NFL field in a long time. Not to mention a defending SB championship team. Touching on yesterday’s convo. It would be an absolutely ideal time for Kelce to hold out and ask for one billllion dollars! 😜

*also, what a stud Montgomery was last night. How does that make Bears fans feel???

*did anyone check to see if Toney is still on the Chiefs roster this morning?

Edited by TiScape
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, TiScape said:

*also, what a stud Montgomery was last night. How does that make Bears fans feel???

... The new GM made some good moves and some real head scratchers. Montgomery not only was a stud runner, his blocking is the best I have seen from a RB since Walter Payton. Funny he got run over last night and I never saw that with the Bears. Awesome receiver that always ran the right routes with great hands. He was also a team leader by example. But the killer stat is his last 2 seasons in college he lead the nation in broken tackles, which he has continued in the NFL. He rarely goes down on the first contact. Letting him go was dumb but letting him go to a conference opponent was double dumb. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, nsxguy said:

Thanks touch,

1) I looked at the 1st post again and see nothing about dark horse picks. I searched the thread for "dark" and found NJBF made the first post mentioning dark horse but that was a pick for him, so I stopped looking.

Can you kindly point me to the post(s) explaining "dark horse" ? TIA

2) What day of week ? OK, I see now - Wednesday. Check !!!

3) What day of week ? AND, does this mean I have to post the results of my own picks ?

Also, in the recorded picks, what does "PP" mean ?

Sorry, but one more question. Have you given any thought to having 2 threads; one for "picks only" and another for "NFL weekly discussion" ?

This thread is already 20 pages long and only 1 game has been played. :classic_smile:

Thanks. 👍

Well nsx (we shorten our screen names around here) don't you have a few questions for me. 😃 Let me get off work and later this afternoon I'll have your answers.

Regarding starting a separate thread solely for NFL discussion and not picks I say run with it if you'd like. In this group we do both and like it that way. Not all who contribute in this thread are participants in the contest, so added conversation by non contest participants has always been welcomed.

I started this contest six years ago and a bunch of the current participants have been with me since the beginning, and other's for a handful of years. I find that pretty cool. You could say that we all are somewhat addicted to the action provided by this contest and thread. 😁

The group has grown in size each year. We have a blast all the way through the Super Bowl. 

We do a regular season contest and then start a new one for the playoffs. 

I thank you for your interest nsx and I'll get you up to speed before the day is over. 

Welcome aboard,

LP 

1 minute ago, touch said:

Well nsx (we shorten our screen names around here) don't you have a few questions for me. 😃 Let me get off work and later this afternoon I'll have your answers.

Regarding starting a separate thread solely for NFL discussion and not picks I say run with it if you'd like. In this group we do both and like it that way. Not all who contribute in this thread are participants in the contest, so added conversation by non contest participants has always been welcomed.

I started this contest six years ago and a bunch of the current participants have been with me since the beginning, and other's for a handful of years. I find that pretty cool. You could say that we all are somewhat addicted to the action provided by this contest and thread. 😁

The group has grown in size each year. We have a blast all the way through the Super Bowl. 

We do a regular season contest and then start a new one for the playoffs. 

I thank you for your interest nsx and I'll get you up to speed before the day is over. 

Welcome aboard,

LP 

OK touch, thanks.

Scanning the thread some more I see something called "Power 5". Don't know what that is.

It seems "Dark Horse" is picking 3 teams that will exceed their estimated Vegas win total. Where do I find these total wins ? Of course I won't pick Chiefs OR Lions here OR "Power 5".

I'll look for more tonight.

Thanks again.

• Like 1

Callaway Epic Flash SZ 10.5 Ventus Blue 6S

Ping G425 14.5 Fairway Tour AD TP 6X

Ping G425 MAX 20.5 7 wood Diamana Blue 70 S

Ping G20 5-PW DGS300 Yellow Dot

Ping Glide Pro 48*

Taylormade MG3 52*, 56*, TW 60* DGS200

LAB Mezz Max 35*, RED, Black Accra

Callaway Tour TruTrack Yellow

26 minutes ago, Double Mocha Man said:

In retrospect I'm picking the Lions over the Chiefs.  And thanks, but I don't need no stinkin' points.  Please adjust my win totals appropriately.  😄😁😊

... No Chris Jones to anchor the Dline and no Kelce yet you still chose the Chiefs. Vegas must send you flowers every week. 🤣

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Triple Lindy said:

I just realized that you picked DET. Ballsy!

Thanks TL.

I figured with Kelce and Jones out, and the Lions getting 6.5 points, I had a decent chance to win the pick. I didn't expect them to win outright though.

Edited by touch
  • Like 2

... Here are my completely useless predictions. C.J. Stroud is the only QB in last years draft that has a chance at success. B Young may have an average career if the pieces around him allow him time to throw but A Richardson will be a bust. 

13 minutes ago, chisag said:

... Here are my completely useless predictions. C.J. Stroud is the only QB in last years draft that has a chance at success. B Young may have an average career if the pieces around him allow him time to throw but A Richardson will be a bust. 

Not sure how you can say Stroud will have a chance with that organization.  I put him and Bryce at the same chance.  Although Bryce might get destroyed and suffer a career ending injury at his size.  I am not sure I agree with Richardson as a bust; but I don't think he will be a huge success.  I equate him to a Matt Schaub/Ryan Fitzpatrick kinda QB - will be around for a while and is a serviceable QB.

On the flip side, Personally, I think Levis and Hooker are hugely underrated.   I think they will be much better than expected.  I actually expect Levis to have the job next year.  Hooker may see his role as backup for a while if Goff plays like he is....but that may be a good thing.

10 minutes ago, puttnforthe8 said:

Not sure how you can say Stroud will have a chance with that organization.  I put him and Bryce at the same chance.  Although Bryce might get destroyed and suffer a career ending injury at his size.  I am not sure I agree with Richardson as a bust; but I don't think he will be a huge success.  I equate him to a Matt Schaub/Ryan Fitzpatrick kinda QB - will be around for a while and is a serviceable QB.

On the flip side, Personally, I think Levis and Hooker are hugely underrated.   I think they will be much better than expected.  I actually expect Levis to have the job next year.  Hooker may see his role as backup for a while if Goff plays like he is....but that may be a good thing.

... Here is my thinking and after watching QB's my whole life one thing has become clear. If you weren't accurate in college, you won't become more accurate in the NFL. I find that along with mental abilities are the two biggest requirements to play in the NFL. No better example than Drew Brees. That said, it is difficult to impossible to predict how any college QB will play in their NFL and many a GM has lost their job making the wrong choice. 

... Bryce is too small but played behind one of the best lines in college and with the same Oline Maye played behind at UNC his numbers and win record may have been radically different. Stroud has the size, is extremely accurate, a hard worker with a good attitude. That alone is enough to predict a level of success in the NFL. Obviously the Texans may have aa say in that Ala David Carr. Richardson has a killer arm and is an amazing physical specimen and those are the reasons I predict a bust. He relies on those attributes and if combined with pre and post snap reads, smart decisions and accuracy it can be a Franchise QB combination. But he is inaccurate, doesn't read defenses well and makes ill advised throws. He will wow you with one and disappoint you with the next.

... I am withholding judgement on Levis as I didn't see enough to make any kind of predictions but I am with you, he does have the tools required. I don't have any opinion on Hooker other than playing in a Spread in college doesn't prepare you for the NFL and many more fail than succeed. 

• Like 1