Best & Most Durable Yellow Urethane Golf Ball

darsony

My vote would be for the yellow ProV1.  Titleist seems to have nailed it regarding mixing the yellow coloring into the urethane.  It's a high performance ball where the yellow doesn't chip/crack off, like other companies attempts to paint a white urethane ball.  Of course, I haven't tried every yellow ball out there. What are everyone's experiences?

3 hours ago, darsony said:

My vote would be for the yellow ProV1.  Titleist seems to have nailed it regarding mixing the yellow coloring into the urethane.  It's a high performance ball where the yellow doesn't chip/crack off, like other companies attempts to paint a white urethane ball.  Of course, I haven't tried every yellow ball out there. What are everyone's experiences?

I played 6 rounds with one yellow 2023 ProV1x last month. Even after 100 holes, the ball was still in great shape. Very playable. By far, most durable urethane ball on the market.

The old yellow Srixon ZStar XV circa 2013 was the gold star. That ball was a tank. Unfortunately, Srixon made some changes and the durability is nowhere near as good these days on the XV.

Titleist TSR2 10*
Titleist TSi2 18*

Titleist 816 H1 21*

Titleist T150/100 (5-PW)
Vokey SM9 54*, 60*
Piretti Teramo

On 9/6/2023 at 11:39 AM, darsony said:

My yellow prov1x do not hold up well. Is there a diff in the std vs X?

Club Fitter/Builder (Wishon)

719MW  11* Red R Shaft - 919THI 11* Black S 65 shaft 
EQ1-NX 3, 927HS 5, 7 woods Red R-Flex
797HS 4 & 5 Red R Shaft 
585's, EQ1-NX, 550 combo, 575's, 565's various shafts
20+ wedges!

Wishon Cavity Black CB4 putter

Willy, Bridgy, Srixy Balls

I have some previous version Z Stars in my shag bag. They literally still look brand new and they have been played then hit for 3+ years. Which is crazy considering how much the white cover ball shows wear….

• Like 1

TaylorMade Sim Max 9* @ 7* Fujikura Ventus Blue TR 5 Reg
Ping G425 3wd @ Flat setting Fujikura Ventus Blue TR 5 Reg 
Ping G425 7wd @ -1 Flat setting Fujikura Ventus Blue TR 6 Reg
Ping G425 22 hybrid @ Flat setting Fujikura Ventus Blue HB 6 reg
PXG Gen 4 0311XP 6-GW Fujikura Axiom 75 R2 

Cleveland CBX Zipcore 50*, 56*, 60* DG Spinner Stiff stepped soft
Evnroll ER7  33” Rosemark grip

• 1 month later...

I was blown away at how well the new Yellow Pro V1 held up while I was testing it earlier this year. Trees and cart paths seemed to have little to no effect.  I did this test while waiting for the Yellow Maxfli Tour to come available.  The old Tour was notoriously not durable.  The new model is very durable.  See my posts in the Maxfli thread for photos of both on course balls (one lasted me 58 holes before I lost it) and the balls I am using in my indoor sim.

5 hours ago, JohnnyO3478 said:

I was blown away at how well the new Yellow Pro V1 held up while I was testing it earlier this year. Trees and cart paths seemed to have little to no effect.  I did this test while waiting for the Yellow Maxfli Tour to come available.  The old Tour was notoriously not durable.  The new model is very durable.  See my posts in the Maxfli thread for photos of both on course balls (one lasted me 58 holes before I lost it) and the balls I am using in my indoor sim.

I saw your posts in the Maxfli thread. I've been trying some yellow Maxfli tour x balls. they are much more durable than previous ones. I'm just curious though did you find the new yellow Pro V1 the hold up better than the yellow Maxflies?

I just think the yellow holds up better overall. I have the Bridgestone yellow BX and that ball holds up really well but I also feel it spins a little less than the white one. Not really bad but different. 

G430 Max 9 Degrees Accra FX 3.0

G430 LST 3 Wood Ventus Red 6S

Cobra TEC 3 and 4 Hybrid MitsubishiMMT Stiff

JPX Forged 5-G Steelfiber 95R

Callaway Jaws 54m and 58z

Mizuno OMOI #5

I've played quite a lot with yellow Pro V1x over the past several years. It's durable but nothing extraordinary. I did have one box of them a while back that seemed to get dinged up easier than other boxes before or since, not sure if that was real or just random happenstance. 

I've only played a few rounds with yellow Pro V1 and it does seem more durable but I think that's luck of the draw (or luck of the pull-hook?) and in the long run it will probably be about the same as yellow Pro V1x. I don't think there's any difference in cover formulation or paint between V1 and V1x.

Yellow Q-Star Tour I've played a good many rounds, not so great durability-wise. Not awful but just about acceptable.

Yellow Supersoft, not durable at all. 

I played through a dozen yellow Callaway urethane balls last year, either Chrome Soft or Chrome Soft X LS (can't recall which was white and which was yellow). About like QST, durability not really a problem but nowhere near as durable as the Titleist balls. 

Edited by North Butte

17 hours ago, darsony said:

I saw your posts in the Maxfli thread. I've been trying some yellow Maxfli tour x balls. they are much more durable than previous ones. I'm just curious though did you find the new yellow Pro V1 the hold up better than the yellow Maxflies?

I think they are about neck and neck. Maybe even a nod to the Maxfli - based upon my use in the garage simulator.  The Pro V1 feels rougher than the Maxfli after a few sessions of use.  On the course - I'd say that the Pro V1 survives a cart path encounter better.

Oncore Elixr.  

I play the white version, super durable against trees, cart paths and wedge shots.  My playing partner has been playing the yellow version this whole year and same durability as we're both super accurate in finding trees and cart paths lol.

I play primarily the Z-Star XV and the Elixr and the Elixr for sure to me is more durable.  

18 hours ago, rstlne said:

Oncore Elixr.  

I play the white version, super durable against trees, cart paths and wedge shots.  My playing partner has been playing the yellow version this whole year and same durability as we're both super accurate in finding trees and cart paths lol.

I play primarily the Z-Star XV and the Elixr and the Elixr for sure to me is more durable.  

I don't think Yellow Elixrs have been available for quite some time.  Nor are they likely to be anytime soon.

Yellow prov1x and MTB-X.  You literally have to hit one multiple times into trees to get a scuff on them.  Cart paths are a dicey predicament as that's 50/50 chance, but then how often do golfers hit cart paths? 

Callaway AI Smoke Paradym 💎💎💎9* - Tour AD VF-7TX

TM SIM ti 15* - Diamana GT 80TX

TM Tour Issue Rescue 11 TP Deep Face Proto 16* - Ventus Black HB 9TX

New Level NLU-01 21* - KBS Hybrid Proto 105X

New Level 623-M 5-PW - MMT 125TX

Miura Tour 54* HB - KBS 610 125 S+, New Level SPN forged M-grind 58* - KBS Tour 130X

Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2

2 hours ago, JohnnyO3478 said:

I don't think Yellow Elixrs have been available for quite some time.  Nor are they likely to be anytime soon.

I think the 2022 Elixr balls have only ever been available in white but the 2020 version has yellow (and green) and those are still available from the Oncore site and Amazon (with Oncore as the seller).  I have no idea if they kept making the 2020 balls even after the 2022 came out or if all of the 2020 balls are just inventory that they still had.

53 minutes ago, cardigan said:

I think the 2022 Elixr balls have only ever been available in white but the 2020 version has yellow (and green) and those are still available from the Oncore site and Amazon (with Oncore as the seller).  I have no idea if they kept making the 2020 balls even after the 2022 came out or if all of the 2020 balls are just inventory that they still had.

The 2022 balls were never available in yellow - but Oncore repeatedly promised that they soon would be.  Moot point now that Launch Tech has burned down.

The 2020 balls were made at Foremost.  They may still be in production but have only been available in white for a long time now.

1 minute ago, JohnnyO3478 said:

The 2022 balls were never available in yellow - but Oncore repeatedly promised that they soon would be.  Moot point now that Launch Tech has burned down.

The 2020 balls were made at Foremost.  They may still be in production but have only been available in white for a long time now.

If you have Amazon prime, you can get yellow 2020 Elixr balls as soon as tomorrow.

https://www.oncoregolf.com/products/elixr/?attribute_pa_color=yellow

https://www.amazon.com/OnCore-Golf-ELIXR-Tour-Ball/dp/B09K8T5SNS

6 minutes ago, cardigan said:

If you have Amazon prime, you can get yellow 2020 Elixr balls as soon as tomorrow.

https://www.oncoregolf.com/products/elixr/?attribute_pa_color=yellow

https://www.amazon.com/OnCore-Golf-ELIXR-Tour-Ball/dp/B09K8T5SNS

I stand corrected.  It looks like they are now also shown as available on the company webstite. I didn't like the 2020 model - but I'd probably buy some for the wife.  She doesn't care about anything other than the color .....

10 minutes ago, JohnnyO3478 said:

I stand corrected.  It looks like they are now also shown as available on the company webstite. I didn't like the 2020 model - but I'd probably buy some for the wife.  She doesn't care about anything other than the color .....

If she just wants a yellow urethane balls, I'd say just get her the yellow Kirkland balls and save money unless they really don't suit her game or she doesn't like the feel.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, cardigan said:

If she just wants a yellow urethane balls, I'd say just get her the yellow Kirkland balls and save money unless they really don't suit her game or she doesn't like the feel.

She doesn't even care about Urathane.  She's played with Kirkland balls we've found on the course (she hits white balls on water holes so she doesn't lose a "good yellow one") and they didn't make a favorable impression - for whatever reason. Don't worry, I have her covered ....  

When she runs out of her supply of Avant 55s I'll get her some 2020 Elixrs (she likes them) or Tour S - most likely.  It will be a while.  She has boxes of white Supersofts left for all the holes she's likely to lose a ball on.  Funny story, there.  When we took up golf in the spring of '22 - she bought ordered used Supersofts from Walmart.  Instead of sending her a box (of 24) they sent her a case (6 boxes of 24).  When she tried to return them - Walmart told her to just keep them.  Add that to the fact that we find probably 3 or 4 Supersofts every time we play - and I'd say she's set for a while.

If she ever decides to get serious about getting better - she may start to have a more focused opinion on using better balls.  I don't see that happening soon.

Wouldn't it be the same as the best White golf ball, except that it's Yellow?

Ping G430 LST 10.5* Tour Black 2.0 65X

Titleist TSr2+ 13* Diamana D+ Limited 80X

Titleist TSr2 16.5* Diamana D+ Limited 80X
Titleist TSi2 21* Speeder HB 8.8 TS
Ping G430 5-UW Steelfiber i80S
Ping Glide 2.0 SS 54* Steelfiber i80S

Cleveland CBX 2 60* DG 115
Scottie Super Select Squareback 2

Titleist AVX/Bridgestone BRX

On 10/13/2023 at 11:53 AM, ShowMe said:

Wouldn't it be the same as the best White golf ball, except that it's Yellow?

no I don't believe it's a simple process to make the urethane yellow without the characteristics changing. and yellow paint just flakes off. their indications of the performance differences in the latest MGS ball test where they tested a yellow and white provi one and they were not the same.