2024 PGA Championship WITB Photos ×

2024 Bridgestone Balls?

KhiloD

On 2/19/2024 at 7:30 PM, Avidswampthing66 said:

@Morry I'm one of those that pays ZERO mind to Bridgestone's 105 SS ball choice.  BX spins more off irons this year too.  It's a great ball.  Nice around the greens too.  BXS was always a little soft for my liking 

The RX balls are almost 5 yards longer on irons because they spin less. I think they “fit” off driver SS, but the biggest difference is in the irons…

• Like 3

TSR3 9° Tensei Black 65X
TSi2 15° ATX Green 75TX
917F 18° ATX Green 85X
ZX5 MkII 4-5 / ZX7 MkII 6-P  Modus 120X
ZipCore 50° Modus 120X

Vokey SM9 54S/60M Modus 125 Wedge
Nike Neo

ZStar

Was hoping that the Mindset version would be available upon release in Canada but doesn't look like it unfortunately unless I order some from the US. 

I was just going to test the BX but they might spin a bit more than I'd prefer so I seriously should consider the B RX for less spin, I know it's probably softer than I'd like but if it performs why not. 

• Like 1

Lefty - WITB Thread

Driver: 10° Cobra LTDxLS | AD-IZ 6X 

3W: 15° Callaway Paradym X | AD-IZ 7X

3H: 19° Ping G410 | Tensei CK Pro Orange 90TX

Irons: PXG 0311P 4-6 | 0317CB 7-PW | DG 120 X100

Wedges: SM9 50° - 54° - 58° 

Putter(s): Ping PLD Anser 4K | CMD Gauge R | and more. 

Ball: TP5X 2024

Bag: Ghost Katana

On 12/31/2023 at 10:54 AM, nitram said:

I was able to come up with a half dozen 2024 BXS balls and gave them a test run and round yesterday. I preface all this by saying the previous version of the BXS is my favorite ball in over 40 years of playing this game. For reference, my current index is +0.8, Driver SS 108, and 7i SS 90, and it was 65° when I hit the driver. Off the tee I traditionally play a 3-5 yard "knucklefade".

I initially went to a practice green and hit some 12-30 yard chips and pitches with everything from 7-iron to LW. Truth be told, if I was blindfolded I wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the new ball and it's predecessor. Same thing with the 40-70 yard pitch. Trajectory control and the ability for one hop and stop or low runners are still the same.

Same report for short, mid, and long irons.

Where I see a discernible difference is in the fairway woods and driver. While playing the round I had occasion to hit a few 7WD and 3WD shots from the fairway and one each from the tee. On each and every shot the new ball flew a little higher, further (3-4 yds) and acted like a 7-iron when hit into the green. A marginal but noticeable difference that I like.

On the driver is where I see/feel the biggest change. Off the first tee, I hit all 6 balls off the tee and had a maintenance worker watching to see (and show me) where they landed. The new ball was noticeably different. The trajectory window was a touch lower/flatter (same window the latest Pro V1) and yet it kept going and going. The new ball carried 274-281 with a 6-8 mph wind @ 4:30. This is about 3-4 yards further than I've been most of the season.

On the 2nd tee, against the same wind, the distances were 272-280, again with a flatter trajectory and further carry and no noticeable side-spin difference. On the 3rd tee shot, the same wind is @ 2:00 and it was as if the breeze didn't exist. It held it's line and just kept going. The rest of the holes were basically the same where the ball hit a lower window but kept carrying, and running hard when it landed.

Off the putter it sounds "just right" to me and kinda in the Goldilocks range as far as sound and feel.

Durability seems to be as good as the previous version, but honestly, I've never had a durability issue with a Bridgestone Tour ball, whether it's the Tour B or the B330.

In the end, I think Bridgestone has a winner here, again. Although I like this new ball, I'm going to exhaust my supply of the previous version (7 dozen or so) before I buy these new ones.

Hope this helps and Happy New Year!

This is exactly what I want to hear. Weirdly enough our handicaps and swing speeds are nearly identical and I've been playing the Tour B XS since 2018. My ONLY complaint was the high trajectory and spin off the driver. So if they flattened that out then I will be a very happy man!

Driver - TaylorMade '16 M2 9.5* (8.75*) w/ Mitsubishi Kai'li White 60 X

3 Wood - TaylorMade '17 M1 15* w/ Mitsubishi Kuro Kage Tini 70 S

5 Wood - TaylorMade '07 Rescue TP 19* w/ Fujikura Reax 85 S

Irons - Srixon Z-785 4-PW w/ Nippon Modus Tour 120

Wedges - Titleist Vokey SM6 50/12* + SM7 54/14* + SM8 58/12*

Putter - Odyssey Versa BWB #7 35" w/ SuperStroke Zenergy Tour 2.0

Ball - Bridgestone Tour B XS

3 hours ago, von3jack said:

This is exactly what I want to hear. Weirdly enough our handicaps and swing speeds are nearly identical and I've been playing the Tour B XS since 2018. My ONLY complaint was the high trajectory and spin off the driver. So if they flattened that out then I will be a very happy man!

You should try the new Tour B RX as the feel has gotten softer and a tab more spin on the wedges, but the length and ball flight is there on the driver and fw's.  This is based on my experience on the '22 vs the '24 versions of the RX.  

I just won a dozen Tiger balls. I guess Bridgestone is my ball this year. 

Driver: Callaway Epic Max LS with KBS TD Cat 44.5" (Ventus black as backup)

4w: '22 Rogue ST LS 16.5  Tensei AV Blue 75x

7w: '22 Callaway Apex UW 21 80s MMT

DI: Caley 01X 18* with KBS PGH 95

4-AW: PXG OG 0211  with KBS Tour Stiff 2.5* up 3/4" long MOI matched

Wedges: Cleveland Zipcore 54 Full/58 Mid 

Putter: DF2.1 35"69* in blue

Ball: Snell Prime 4.0

16 hours ago, Landy said:

You should try the new Tour B RX as the feel has gotten softer and a tab more spin on the wedges, but the length and ball flight is there on the driver and fw's.  This is based on my experience on the '22 vs the '24 versions of the RX.  

Would you have any concerns with it being TOO soft? I feel like the B XS is as soft as I want to go and from time to time I wish it was a touch more firm. My swing speed hovers around 107-111 mph.

• Like 1

Driver - TaylorMade '16 M2 9.5* (8.75*) w/ Mitsubishi Kai'li White 60 X

3 Wood - TaylorMade '17 M1 15* w/ Mitsubishi Kuro Kage Tini 70 S

5 Wood - TaylorMade '07 Rescue TP 19* w/ Fujikura Reax 85 S

Irons - Srixon Z-785 4-PW w/ Nippon Modus Tour 120

Wedges - Titleist Vokey SM6 50/12* + SM7 54/14* + SM8 58/12*

Putter - Odyssey Versa BWB #7 35" w/ SuperStroke Zenergy Tour 2.0

Ball - Bridgestone Tour B XS

3 hours ago, von3jack said:

Would you have any concerns with it being TOO soft? I feel like the B XS is as soft as I want to go and from time to time I wish it was a touch more firm. My swing speed hovers around 107-111 mph.

Hello - No the RX was a bit firm, so by going softer its still not a marshmallow.  And still not as soft as the old or new XS.  Hope this helps!

Edited by Landy
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, mvuman said:

Hey all - throwing in some quick insights after having a chance to play 6 full rounds using the 2024 BX, 2024 TP5X, and new CT interchangeably, and also had a chance to directly compare the 2022 BX to the 2024 BX. I generally game the ProV1 but I switch to the V1X sometimes on firmer greens to get a little extra greenside check - 5hdcp.

2024 BX:  TLDR; slight loss in long game traded-in for very nice gains greenside, jumps off hot on putter face but rolls true

Long game: it seems like the ball spins less with irons and driver, definitely has less of that zippy feel of compression at impact but also feels like a ball speed drop compared to the ‘22 BX (doesn’t sound the same, a much duller “thud” at impact vs the ’22 BX, whereas the ‘22 BX had almost a high pitched “thwack”). Lost about a half club with irons and 7yds in total distance (my stock shot is a high draw with driver, I generally hit straight/tight 2yd draws with my irons).

Short game: This is where it got interesting. Greenside check on chips and pitches matches the stopping power of ProV1X - I’d even go as far as saying it matches the old TP5 (2022). Not much release at all, except in wet/dewey conditions, the ball seems to drastically lose spin and has an uncertain amount of rollout and reacts like a Chrome Soft X/Chrome Tour in wet conditions. The ‘22 BX reacts with more greenside spin in wet conditions than the ‘24 BX.

Putter specific: 

Generally, putts feel similar to the ’22 BX and side spin appears very minimal on mishits, holds true to line. Putts feel soft off the face but you can feel the density of the ball, similar-ish to the old ’22 TP5, and has that more muted sound off a fully milled putter face that I like.
What’s interesting is I’m now having speed issues on greens I’m very familiar with - I think it has to do with the new ReactivX cover. From my experience, if you’re the type of player to putt using a release action (slight acceleration with force as opposed to using length of stroke/momentum), the ’24 BX jumps off the face with some ball speed, especially in wet conditions with a drastic drop off in spin. 

TP5x (TLDR;long game is ridiculous, short game is ridiculous, firm feeling off putter face.)

Long game: absolutely ridiculous. Everything explodes off the face with tremendous ball speed. Sounds and feels like the ‘22 BX with flush contact. 

Short game: reacts very similar to the ProV1X. Feels slightly firm and clicky at impact, but has tremendous stopping power. The ball feels almost unicorn in that it releases like a ProV1 on hooking chips (doesn’t over or under check, has slight release) and can 1-hop stop on cut spinners like a ProV1X (if using a proper downward strike, not spin-loft scooping actions to produce the spinner). The ‘22 BX had the same ability greenside, but felt softer and stayed on the face longer, which I liked. The feel of the ’24 TP5X is more in line with the feel of the ProV1X.

Putter specific:

Feels firm, in line with the ProV1X, not as firm as the new CT. 

Chrome Tour:  (TLDR; long low-spin ballspeed monster, but feels like you’re hitting a rock on short game shots and off the putter face)

Long game: firm feeling, very long, very low spin, very straight and very good on side spin mitigation on mishits.  Doesn’t veer too offline on mishits - I’d equate the spin characteristics to the old AVX except with waaaaay more ballspeed. Also very loud off the driver face, gun shot sounding, if you’re into that - seems due to cover firmness, not density of the ball like the BX.

Short game: firm, clicky, and fast off the face (doesn’t feel like the wedge grooves grab onto the ball). Reacts like a Chrome Soft X, slightly more release than a ProV1 (similar to the old ‘22 TP5X). If you’re a 1-hop stopper, this ball is not for you. I expect most greenside shots to be played with this ball will be runners than high lofted/soft landing pitch shots.

Putter specific: this thing is a rock, I don’t know a more firmer feeling ball off a fully milled putter face (haven’t tried the CTX yet so maybe it exists). This ball feels firm and dense off the face but rolls true and speed control doesn’t appear to be an issue. If you play a putter with soft insert or a white hot face (or something that allows Callaway to get away with golf balls feeling like they’re training aids for putts), this probably won’t bother you.

Hope this helps. Happy ball testing!

Great review thank you for sharing your results. Just a question do you think the 24 bx is much of an upgrade to the 22 bx?

23 minutes ago, mvuman said:

Hey all - throwing in some quick insights after having a chance to play 6 full rounds using the 2024 BX, 2024 TP5X, and new CT interchangeably, and also had a chance to directly compare the 2022 BX to the 2024 BX. I generally game the ProV1 but I switch to the V1X sometimes on firmer greens to get a little extra greenside check - 5hdcp.

2024 BX:  TLDR; slight loss in long game traded-in for very nice gains greenside, jumps off hot on putter face but rolls true

Long game: it seems like the ball spins less with irons and driver, definitely has less of that zippy feel of compression at impact but also feels like a ball speed drop compared to the ‘22 BX (doesn’t sound the same, a much duller “thud” at impact vs the ’22 BX, whereas the ‘22 BX had almost a high pitched “thwack”). Lost about a half club with irons and 7yds in total distance (my stock shot is a high draw with driver, I generally hit straight/tight 2yd draws with my irons).

Short game: This is where it got interesting. Greenside check on chips and pitches matches the stopping power of ProV1X - I’d even go as far as saying it matches the old TP5 (2022). Not much release at all, except in wet/dewey conditions, the ball seems to drastically lose spin and has an uncertain amount of rollout and reacts like a Chrome Soft X/Chrome Tour in wet conditions. The ‘22 BX reacts with more greenside spin in wet conditions than the ‘24 BX.

Putter specific: 

Generally, putts feel similar to the ’22 BX and side spin appears very minimal on mishits, holds true to line. Putts feel soft off the face but you can feel the density of the ball, similar-ish to the old ’22 TP5, and has that more muted sound off a fully milled putter face that I like.
What’s interesting is I’m now having speed issues on greens I’m very familiar with - I think it has to do with the new ReactivX cover. From my experience, if you’re the type of player to putt using a release action (slight acceleration with force as opposed to using length of stroke/momentum), the ’24 BX jumps off the face with some ball speed, especially in wet conditions with a drastic drop off in spin. 

TP5x (TLDR;long game is ridiculous, short game is ridiculous, firm feeling off putter face.)

Long game: absolutely ridiculous. Everything explodes off the face with tremendous ball speed. Sounds and feels like the ‘22 BX with flush contact. 

Short game: reacts very similar to the ProV1X. Feels slightly firm and clicky at impact, but has tremendous stopping power. The ball feels almost unicorn in that it releases like a ProV1 on hooking chips (doesn’t over or under check, has slight release) and can 1-hop stop on cut spinners like a ProV1X (if using a proper downward strike, not spin-loft scooping actions to produce the spinner). The ‘22 BX had the same ability greenside, but felt softer and stayed on the face longer, which I liked. The feel of the ’24 TP5X is more in line with the feel of the ProV1X.

Putter specific:

Chrome Tour:  (TLDR; long low-spin ballspeed monster, but feels like you’re hitting a rock on short game shots and off the putter face)

Long game: firm feeling, very long, very low spin, very straight and very good on side spin mitigation on mishits.  Doesn’t veer too offline on mishits - I’d equate the spin characteristics to the old AVX except with waaaaay more ballspeed. Also very loud off the driver face, gun shot sounding, if you’re into that - seems due to cover firmness, not density of the ball like the BX.

Short game: firm, clicky, and fast off the face (doesn’t feel like the wedge grooves grab onto the ball). Reacts like a Chrome Soft X, slightly more release than a ProV1 (similar to the old ‘22 TP5X). If you’re a 1-hop stopper, this ball is not for you. I expect most greenside shots to be played with this ball will be runners than high lofted/soft landing pitch shots.

Putter specific: this thing is a rock, I don’t know a more firmer feeling ball off a fully milled putter face (haven’t tried the CTX yet so maybe it exists). This ball feels firm and dense off the face but rolls true and speed control doesn’t appear to be an issue. If you play a putter with soft insert or a white hot face (or something that allows Callaway to get away with golf balls feeling like they’re training aids for putts), this probably won’t bother you.

Great review and thanks!!  My observations have been very similar. 

• Like 2

🤖 A.I Smoke TD 10.5 w/ GD VF 5S

Sim 2 Ti 5W w/Diamana TB 70S

2024 Apex UW w/Tensei 1K Pro Blue 70S

Apex Pro 4-5 Nippon Modus 105S 

Apex CB 6-PW Nippon Modus 105S 

Jaws Raw 50S, 54W, 58Z

DF3

Chrome Tour X

23 minutes ago, Highlander 24 said:

Great review thank you for sharing your results. Just a question do you think the 24 bx is much of an upgrade to the 22 bx?

I wouldn’t say upgrade because they seem to be different in ways that separate them categorically. I think it depends on whether you think the new ‘24 BX will act similar to the older ‘22 version (which was a low spin bomber in the long game with the short game versatility of releasing or stopping on a dime, all while feeling soft enough to feel just slightly firmer than a ProV1). To me the ‘24 BX feels closer to the ‘22 BXS and ‘22 TP5. Maybe not in long game spin characteristics but certainly in the short game/putter.

Long game-wise, the new ‘24 BX just feels like there’s a ball speed ceiling, so it doesn’t feel as hot as the ‘22 BX, but feels eerily similar to the ‘22 BXS distance wise and off the face.  Short game-wise, it just depends because some people want/need more spin, and generally softer balls provide just that, which I think Bridgestone is admitting the ‘24 BX is much softer so this feels in line with what they’re trying to accomplish. So if you liked the greenside versatility of the ‘22 BX allowing for both release and stopping power ability, the ‘24 ball is no longer that ball.

So not an upgrade for me specifically because the ‘22 BX offered me distance and side spin control in the form of low spin, and also trajectory control with that zippy compression the ‘24 BX seems to be missing.  Greenside, it turned into a ball I didn’t need, because it seems to have too much check and no release (spins and feels like the ‘22 TP5 greenside), so I actually lose control not knowing if the ball is even make it to the hole.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, mvuman said:

I wouldn’t say upgrade because they seem to be different in ways that separate them categorically. I think it depends on whether you think the new ‘24 BX will act similar to the older ‘22 version (which was a low spin bomber in the long game with the short game versatility of releasing or stopping on a dime, all while feeling soft enough to feel just slightly firmer than a ProV1). To me the ‘24 BX feels closer to the ‘22 BXS and ‘22 TP5. Maybe not in long game spin characteristics but certainly in the short game/putter.

Long game-wise, the new ‘24 BX just feels like there’s a ball speed ceiling, so it doesn’t feel as hot as the ‘22 BX, but feels eerily similar to the ‘22 BXS distance wise and off the face.  Short game-wise, it just depends because some people want/need more spin, and generally softer balls provide just that, which I think Bridgestone is admitting the ‘24 BX is much softer so this feels in line with what they’re trying to accomplish. So if you liked the greenside versatility of the ‘22 BX allowing for both release and stopping power ability, the ‘24 ball is no longer that ball.

So not an upgrade for me specifically because the ‘22 BX offered me distance and side spin control in the form of low spin, and also trajectory control with that zippy compression the ‘24 BX seems to be missing.  Greenside, it turned into a ball I didn’t need, because it seems to have too much check and no release (spins and feels like the ‘22 TP5 greenside), so I actually lose control not knowing if the ball is even make it to the hole.

Damn and I just bought two dozen. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, mvuman said:

Putter specific: 

Putter specific:

Brilliant notes, thank you! 
If you were to put one of 24 BX, TP5X or CT in play for the season, which would you ultimately pick? 
I’ve never been a Taylormade ball guy, but damn these notes have got me thinking it’s time to give them a crack!!

14 hours ago, mvuman said:

Putter specific: 

Putter specific:

Stellar review. I loved the 22 bx. Great wind ball. I’m now trying to decide if I get the 24 TP5x, or get more 22 bx while they’re available and at a good discount. I’ve played previous iterations of the 5x off and on and liked them. Based off of several reviews (including yours) this new version of the 5x does sound pretty darn good. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Rbsiedsc said:

Damn and I just bought two dozen. 

Might actually not be terrible. Really liked the roll and feel of these indoors. I could manage a little less on my full shots as long as my short game improves. 

7 hours ago, AusGolf22 said:

Brilliant notes, thank you! 
If you were to put one of 24 BX, TP5X or CT in play for the season, which would you ultimately pick? 
I’ve never been a Taylormade ball guy, but damn these notes have got me thinking it’s time to give them a crack!!

Never been a Taylormade guy myself, but I like to dabble when new offerings come out just to make sure I’m not losing out on any easy advantages for my game.

As a ProV1 guy that switches to V1x in firmer conditions, I’d put the TP5x in play over the ProV1x, probably even a contender as my gamer. It marries what I like in the ProV1 and V1x for me into 1 ball, would be nice to save on costs like that, especially if the trade off is just a slightly firmer ball over the ProV1 (TP5x feels just a hair less firm than the V1x, which I like), and I find that I tend to like the feedback off sound anyways, so don’t mind it as a trade off for softness. The ‘24 TP5x is by no means harsh, and I noticed the mishits don’t feel as harsh on the hands as the V1x, I play blades so that matters to me. Taylormade has done a great job creating a ball that fits the gap between the two Titleist balls.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, ChadL said:

Stellar review. I loved the 22 bx. Great wind ball. I’m now trying to decide if I get the 24 TP5x, or get more 22 bx while they’re available and at a good discount. I’ve played previous iterations of the 5x off and on and liked them. Based off of several reviews (including yours) this new version of the 5x does sound pretty darn good. 

I’d say they play basically the same, the distinguishing factor between them is softness/firmness of the ball, so I’d recommend getting the ball that matches what you like to feel if you’re between the two. 

1 hour ago, mvuman said:

I’d say they play basically the same, the distinguishing factor between them is softness/firmness of the ball, so I’d recommend getting the ball that matches what you like to feel if you’re between the two. 

Just one other distinction to add: I think aerodynamically the ‘22 BX has slightly more side spin reduction characteristics than the ‘24 TP5x, although they offer similar low spin characteristics distance-wise. If you’re someone that doesn’t like much curve on your ball, the ‘22BX is probably one of the straightest balls I’ve ever hit (imo the old AVX has similar side spin mitigation characteristics, which would make sense as the dimple pattern between the ‘22BX and old AVX are very similar).

I play a tight draw and I like seeing a touch more movement on my ball to confirm the execution of my swing matched my feel, the ‘24 TP5x is more to my liking in this regard, but it’s by no means ever over-curving unless I made a bad swing that would send any ball off the planet. I don’t mind less movement with the ‘22BX, but the path of my swings will just have to be a touch more exaggerated to produce the shapes I like to see, but I’m fully aware of this at least. The ‘24 TP5x would just allow me to have tighter movement patterns when shaping to achieve the same amount of curve. Hope this helps.

• Like 2

On 2/25/2024 at 9:38 AM, mvuman said:

Putter specific: 

Putter specific:

Thanks for your insights. I found the same issue with the chrome tour on wedge shots they feel very very firm! Looks like the 24 TP5X will be the gamer for the year.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, mvuman said:

They do play similar, but when you add wind things for sure change.  BX holds its line much better bc of the aeropackage (dimple pattern) you mentioned above.   I've also found it easier to flight that ball over 24 TP5X.  This is not a knock on TP5X, bc it's a GREAT ball, but for me it was a dealbreaker.

Edited by Avidswampthing66
  • Like 2

Jaws Raw 50S, 54W, 58Z

DF3

Chrome Tour X

Coming back for another update on BX.  Tested BX in very blustery conditions along side CTX today.  New BX is a great wind ball.  It outperformed CTX.  There were numerous occasions where I was hitting drives into a left to right crosswind blowing 15-20mph and I watched BX just hold steady and fall a little right of target somewhere in the 5y range.  CTX is also good, but I would see 10-15y offline.    CTX has been longer for me overall off the driver, but in the wind, BX just cut through better.   Not sure this is enough to take the bag for the year, but I can sacrifice a little distance for control.  Need a few more rounds to pick which ball I play, but I was impressed today.

• Like 2

Jaws Raw 50S, 54W, 58Z

DF3

Chrome Tour X

1 hour ago, Avidswampthing66 said:

Coming back for another update on BX.  Tested BX in very blustery conditions along side CTX today.  New BX is a great wind ball.  It outperformed CTX.  There were numerous occasions where I was hitting drives into a left to right crosswind blowing 15-20mph and I watched BX just hold steady and fall a little right of target somewhere in the 5y range.  CTX is also good, but I would see 10-15y offline.    CTX has been longer for me overall off the driver, but in the wind, BX just cut through better.   Not sure this is enough to take the bag for the year, but I can sacrifice a little distance for control.  Need a few more rounds to pick which ball I play, but I was impressed today.

That’s what I really like about the ‘22 BX. It was almost impervious to the wind. I’ve asked you so many questions I can’t remember if you have tested the ‘22 BX vs ‘24 BX. I can only go off what I saw in the summer with the CSX * (prototype of the CTX) vs the ‘22 BX. They were neck and neck for me off the tee, virtually identical off the irons, the feel of the CSX * was a little firmer, and spun just a touch more inside 80yds and around the green. 

• Haha 1

TaylorMade Sim Max 9* @ 7* Fujikura Ventus Blue TR 5 Reg
Ping G425 3wd @ Flat setting Fujikura Ventus Blue TR 5 Reg 
Ping G425 7wd @ -1 Flat setting Fujikura Ventus Blue TR 6 Reg
Ping G425 22 hybrid @ Flat setting Fujikura Ventus Blue HB 6 reg
PXG Gen 4 0311XP 6-GW Fujikura Axiom 75 R2 

Cleveland CBX Zipcore 50*, 56*, 60* DG Spinner Stiff stepped soft
Evnroll ER7  33” Rosemark grip

2 hours ago, Avidswampthing66 said:

That makes me feel better now

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, hammergolf said:

That’s what I really like about the ‘22 BX. It was almost impervious to the wind. I’ve asked you so many questions I can’t remember if you have tested the ‘22 BX vs ‘24 BX. I can only go off what I saw in the summer with the CSX * (prototype of the CTX) vs the ‘22 BX. They were neck and neck for me off the tee, virtually identical off the irons, the feel of the CSX * was a little firmer, and spun just a touch more inside 80yds and around the green. 

I think you're spot on with that observation.  I have not tested '22 BX vs '24 BX back to back!  I wish I had a sleeve of 22 still but I don't.   The new ball is great, but I can't say it's unequivocally better than '22 BX.  If the new ball would've been just a few yards longer, then I would be ready to sing its praises and put it in play for the year.  Thing is, I need to know my ball is the best possible one for my game.  It's the one constant.

Edited by Avidswampthing66
  • Like 1

Jaws Raw 50S, 54W, 58Z

DF3

Chrome Tour X

12 hours ago, Avidswampthing66 said:

I think you're spot on with that observation.  I have not tested '22 BX vs '24 BX back to back!  I wish I had a sleeve of 22 still but I don't.   The new ball is great, but I can't say it's unequivocally better than '22 BX.  If the new ball would've been just a few yards longer, then I would be ready to sing its praises and put it in play for the year.  Thing is, I need to know my ball is the best possible one for my game.  It's the one constant.

No doubt! It’s the most important piece of equipment we use. Btw, I see you’re from La. I went to HS and college there and lived in S’port, Kenner, and Gretna for almost 10 yrs.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, hammergolf said:

No doubt! It’s the most important piece of equipment we use. Btw, I see you’re from La. I went to HS and college there and lived in S’port, Kenner, and Gretna for almost 10 yrs.

Hahah!  No way?!  What high school and college?  Born and raised Louisiana proud (mostly)

• Like 1

Jaws Raw 50S, 54W, 58Z

DF3

Chrome Tour X

1 hour ago, Avidswampthing66 said:

Hahah!  No way?!  What high school and college?  Born and raised Louisiana proud (mostly)

Went to Alexandria Senior High School then Northwestern State 

• Like 2

For any Canadian the 2024 balls are on sale at Golftown right now 15% off, still $60 CAD but...it's something I guess. 

Lefty - WITB Thread

Driver: 10° Cobra LTDxLS | AD-IZ 6X 

3W: 15° Callaway Paradym X | AD-IZ 7X

3H: 19° Ping G410 | Tensei CK Pro Orange 90TX

Irons: PXG 0311P 4-6 | 0317CB 7-PW | DG 120 X100

Wedges: SM9 50° - 54° - 58° 

Putter(s): Ping PLD Anser 4K | CMD Gauge R | and more. 

Ball: TP5X 2024

Bag: Ghost Katana