2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

Need some help with EBay/Paypal dispute.

Hi guys, I’m dealing with a eBay/paypal dispute right now. I purchased a pair of size 10 Nike air max 1 golf shoes. It went through EBay authenticity process before shipping to me. Well I got the shoes last Saturday. And they are a size 8.5. Seller doesn’t accept returns or exchanges. I opened up a return/exchange through eBay for wrong size. But they close that case within minutes. Afterwards I started a PayPal dispute. And currently I’m going back and forth and it sounds like PayPal is gonna side with the seller cause they said seller clearly states “no returns or exchanges”. I cannot contact the seller for some reason to try and fix this. I’ve provided everything I could to help my case. But doesn’t seem like I’m gonna get my money back and I’m stuck with shoes that don’t fit. Is there anything else I can do?

This should be pretty open and shut if the eBay ad stated size 10 and you received 8.5.  Just open the dispute through eBay as “item not as described”.  Using the “wrong size” option makes it seem to eBay that you bought these and they just don’t fit.  In your dispute include pics of the labels on the shoes showing 8.5 and state the ad was for size 10.  Won’t matter a bit that the seller doesn’t accept returns, eBay money back guarantee always overrides, especially in this situation.

• Like 1

Driver: Cobra Darkspeed X 9* Tour 2.0 Black 65X

Fairway:  Ping G430 Max 14* Tour 2.0 Black 75X

Fairway:  Ping G430 Max 19.5* Tour 2.0 Black 75X

Irons:  PXG 0317 CB 5-GW KBS Tour 130X

Wedge: Ping Glide 4.0 54S Modus 125W

Wedge: Ping Glide 4.0 58S Modus 125W

Putter: LAB Link.1

Ball: Titleist Pro V1

39 minutes ago, jblough99 said:

This should be pretty open and shut if the eBay ad stated size 10 and you received 8.5.  Just open the dispute through eBay as “item not as described”.  Using the “wrong size” option makes it seem to eBay that you bought these and they just don’t fit.  In your dispute include pics of the labels on the shoes showing 8.5 and state the ad was for size 10.  Won’t matter a bit that the seller doesn’t accept returns, eBay money back guarantee always overrides, especially in this situation.

That’s what I thought myself. But PayPal keeps telling me the seller doesn’t accept returns or exchanges. I’m hoping I get some one more competent today when I call again. They said they will continue to work with eBay is all I got out of it. 

Edited by I'_rather_be_golfing

Since this was purchased through the bay I would imagine you need to go through them. I've done this before with sellers that "don't accept returns". That's not a thing with ebay. If you buy an item and receive something different, that's an open and shut case. If ebay denied your claim, you did something wrong on your end.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, dmecca2 said:

Since this was purchased through the bay I would imagine you need to go through them. I've done this before with sellers that "don't accept returns". That's not a thing with ebay. If you buy an item and receive something different, that's an open and shut case. If ebay denied your claim, you did something wrong on your end.

I did go through them at the beginning. Then minutes after putting in for the return process. I got this from them. 

Hi Joe,

We’re sorry to hear you aren’t happy with your purchase. However, items covered by Authenticity Guarantee can’t be returned if the seller doesn’t accept returns or if the return is submitted outside the seller’s return window.

Our authentication partner thoroughly checks the item to confirm that what you receive is exactly what you ordered. If you feel our partner missed something in their inspection or if your item was damaged in transit, you can appeal this decision.

9 minutes ago, I'_rather_be_golfing said:

I did go through them at the beginning. Then minutes after putting in for the return process. I got this from them. 

Hi Joe,

We’re sorry to hear you aren’t happy with your purchase. However, items covered by Authenticity Guarantee can’t be returned if the seller doesn’t accept returns or if the return is submitted outside the seller’s return window.

Our authentication partner thoroughly checks the item to confirm that what you receive is exactly what you ordered. If you feel our partner missed something in their inspection or if your item was damaged in transit, you can appeal this decision.

Never seen this. Looks like they have people that check the shoes to confirm authenticity, which isn't a concern in this issue. You flat out have the wrong item. Firstly, double check what you purchased. Make sure you selected size 10 and not 8.5. Then, I would appeal again or call the ebay customer service line and stress that you have the wrong item and not what you paid for.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, dmecca2 said:

Never seen this. Looks like they have people that check the shoes to confirm authenticity, which isn't a concern in this issue. You flat out have the wrong item. Firstly, double check what you purchased. Make sure you selected size 10 and not 8.5. Then, I would appeal again or call the ebay customer service line and stress that you have the wrong item and not what you paid for.

Appeal was denied a day later. 

12 minutes ago, jmshapi3 said:

100% have to call eBay directly 

eBay  just reached out to me just now. And ask that I give them more detailed pictures showing size tag from both shoes. And to take pictures showing it next to a measuring tape. Makes me wonder if they think I’m trying to get a refund by making false claims. 

21 minutes ago, I'_rather_be_golfing said:

Yes it did. But when I go back to the original listing to take a screen shot for eBay and PayPal. It takes me to another shoe and says this listing is no longer available. 

This is what ebay often does now when the listing you bought or looked up was sold/ended. There is still a link on that page to the original listing, they are just trying to push another option on you with "that item is sold but here's another one."

• Like 1

4 hours ago, I'_rather_be_golfing said:

Hi guys, I’m dealing with a eBay/paypal dispute right now. I purchased a pair of size 10 Nike air max 1 golf shoes. It went through EBay authenticity process before shipping to me. Well I got the shoes last Saturday. And they are a size 8.5. Seller doesn’t accept returns or exchanges. I opened up a return/exchange through eBay for wrong size. But they close that case within minutes. Afterwards I started a PayPal dispute. And currently I’m going back and forth and it sounds like PayPal is gonna side with the seller cause they said seller clearly states “no returns or exchanges”. I cannot contact the seller for some reason to try and fix this. I’ve provided everything I could to help my case. But doesn’t seem like I’m gonna get my money back and I’m stuck with shoes that don’t fit. Is there anything else I can do?

regarding contacting the seller: can you go to their profile on eBay or a different listing and contact them?

there is the option to send them a message.

they may do an exchange for the correct size with you if it was a mistake. 

20 minutes ago, t4t3r said:

This is what ebay often does now when the listing you bought or looked up was sold/ended. There is still a link on that page to the original listing, they are just trying to push another option on you with "that item is sold but here's another one."

I'm able to access all my recently purchased and already delivered product descriptions. If you're not able to get a satisfactory solution at least leave the idiot bad feedback calling them a fraud. 

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, straightshot7 said:

regarding contacting the seller: can you go to their profile on eBay or a different listing and contact them?

there is the option to send them a message.

they may do an exchange for the correct size with you if it was a mistake. 

I left a negative feedback. This is the message I get when I try to contact the seller.

Messaging is turned off for transactions that are covered by and ship via eBay's Authenticity Guarantee. As a result, the seller is unable to provide updates about the shipping or verification of your item. See order details.{e198594-1256183x}

Edited by I'_rather_be_golfing

23 minutes ago, snagy2000 said:

I'm able to access all my recently purchased and already delivered product descriptions. If you're not able to get a satisfactory solution at least leave the idiot bad feedback calling them a fraud. 

Yep left him a negative feedback with pictures

• Like 1

I would call ebay. I’ve done that before to walk them through the error that the seller made. Thing about these mass shoe sales is that even though the Ad might show a size 10 on the description, you have to choose the size.

Cobra LTD 9* TP6HD
Cobra Big Tour 14.5* TP7HD 

Cobra F6 Baffler 19* Kiyoshi Purple

Wilson Staff Staff Blades 3-PW Recoil I95 stiff 

Wilson PMP 52/56 Raw

Titliest SquareBack LA 135 

Vice Pro+ Lime Green Goodness

When you originally tried to return did you choose the return option as Not As Described or Wrong Size? Items with the Authenticity Guarantee aren’t eligible for regular returns but when selecting Item Not As Described it should trigger a response from eBay along with possibly shipping it back to their Authenticator. 

• Like 1

My wife has an ebay shop (sells hundreds of items each year) and she said you absolutely have a claim under "item not as described".  Hope it works for you.

TM SIM2 9*
TM SIM2 3 and 5 woods
TM SIM2 3 hybrid
Ping i210 5-AW Modus 105 stiff
Ping Glide 2,0 wedges 54SS/58ES  - Recoil 95 F3
TM Spider Tour
TM Tour Response

48 minutes ago, llewol007 said:

I would call ebay. I’ve done that before to walk them through the error that the seller made. Thing about these mass shoe sales is that even though the Ad might show a size 10 on the description, you have to choose the size.

Based on the response from ebay and how this is going nowhere, I'm starting to thing this might have been the case.

Also 8.5 is the men's size on a women's 10 shoe. Might not be the issue, but just a thought.

• Like 2

Titleist TSR2 // Autoflex SF505

Titleist TSR2 16.5 // Vista Pro 60s

Ping G25 20, 23 // Tour AD True Spec

Titleist T200/T150 5-GW // Steelfiber i80PR

Titleist SM9 54.10, 58.12 // Steelfiber i80r

L.A.B. Golf DF3 // L.A.B. x TPT

I guarantee you the eBay authenticity program on this is definitely causing the majority of the headache. I buy and sell some sports cards for my son and it's been smooth for us, but I've seen multiple posts about the mess it can cause. It's good for sellers in some respects because it prevents people from returning cards once a guy gets injured or starts sucking and his value plummets, but if something's missed by the "authenticator" like in this situation, it's definitely a headache. I'm afraid I don't have much advice other than to say I have seen a few where there were issues get resolved for the buyer, but it definitely makes it more difficult after some "expert" supposedly already checked the item to make sure all was good with it.  Hope you get it resolved and don't have to mess with just reselling them.

• Like 1