2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

Qi10 LS 8.0 Face Popped Out

iamjoenish

Does nobody remember the M2 irons? And how they marketed "RibCor technology" as a speed improvement in the M4s the next year when it was really just a feeble attempt to stop the faces from caving in?

This has nothing to do with them "figuring out" carbon faced drivers. Taylormade is just a garbage company that puts out defective products all the time. 

Titleist TSR2 9* Ventus Blue 6X

Ping G410 2H

Ping G400 3H

Mizuno Pro 225 4i-GW

Mizuno T22 54S/58C Blue Ion LE

Scotty Cameron Phantom X 7

7 hours ago, 1s1k said:

Why I went to a TSR3.

Popped 3 faces on my Stealth2 Plus.  

Great driver but TM customer service on replacing heads has gone downhill substantially. 

My friend did it twice in front of me last summer once on the range and once on the course and hes not a big hitter. Once in may and once in july. TM customer service on speaker phone asked if "he left it in the trunk over night"... lol my friend answered "why is the driver claustrophobic?" the guy giggled and shipped him out a replacement but my buddy is done with TM for now

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Qegurezi said:

To be fair whilst the carbon face is tour validated it's still a ways away from being WRX validated. 

In all seriousness its well documented rory went through 4-5 last year as did scheffler. Scheffler i believe popped 2 of them at tour events.It happens but it happens to them more often.Ironically not so common at callaway as an example. Is it design or quality control

You would think that moving to a carbon fiber cup face design might be helpful for reducing this issue. I wonder if that's where they end up? 

Let me tell you what Wooderson is packin'
Sim Max 12° Speeder NX 6s
Sim2 Max 15°
Ping G410 21° 
Ping G425 22°/25°
Ping G430 6-PW AWT Stiff
Ping Glide 3.0 GW/SW

Ping Eye 2 XG LW

38 minutes ago, Wooderson said:

You would think that moving to a carbon fiber cup face design might be helpful for reducing this issue. I wonder if that's where they end up? 

I think the more economical answer would be to turn the flaw into a feature. They could make removable diver faces like they did in their wedges several years back. Is the face getting too close to the legal limit? Just change the face. Don’t like the blue? Just change the face. Did your face pop out causing a warranty return? Nope, we designed it that way. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, lowheel said:

In all seriousness its well documented rory went through 4-5 last year as did scheffler. Scheffler i believe popped 2 of them at tour events.It happens but it happens to them more often.Ironically not so common at callaway as an example. Is it design or quality control

@MagicMan79cracked/dented the face on 3 or 4 Paradym drivers last year so I wouldn't say that Callaway is exempt from these issues.   

Edited by phizzy30

Callaway AI Smoke Paradym 💎💎💎9* - Tour AD VF-7TX

TM SIM ti 15* - Diamana GT 80TX

TM Tour Issue Rescue 11 TP Deep Face Proto 16* - Ventus Black HB 9TX

New Level NLU-01 21* - KBS Hybrid Proto 105X

New Level 623-M 5-PW - MMT 125TX

Miura Tour 54* HB - KBS 610 125 S+, New Level SPN forged M-grind 58* - KBS Tour 130X

Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2

12 hours ago, Qegurezi said:

To be fair whilst the carbon face is tour validated it's still a ways away from being WRX validated. 

Trust me.. there's a pile of blown up heads on the tour truck no one gets to see 

Edited by Phabs
  • Thanks 1

Cobra Aerojet 9* - LAGP A Series X Mid 

Cobra LTDX 3W - Tensei 1K 75 TX 

New Level 18* KBS Tour Prototype 105X / Cobra LTDX 5w - Tensei Black 85 TX

Artisan HM's / Custom Nike VR Pro Blades - 6.5 Project X Blackouts

Mizuno T22 Copper 50/54 - Project X Blackout 7.0 Spinners

Vokey 58 T Grind - Project X 6.5 Blackout

Artisan 0521 w/ LAGP 135  / Compass G.O.A.T  w/ LAGP135 / LegacyGoods Widebody w/ KBS One Step / Byron DH89 w/ LAGP135 / Cameron Studio 1.5 w/ UST All in

Bridgestone Tour BXS 

Just an absolute joke. It’s just so amateurish. 

The carbon face was a mistake. 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

WITB

Driver: Taylormade Qi10 LS - Ventus TR Blue 6x (44 3/4)

3 Wood: Taylormade M2 - Ventus TR Blue 7x

3 Utility: Srixon MKII - Graphite Design DI 95x

Irons: Cobra Tour 4-PW LA Golf L Series 120x

Wedges: Cobra SB 50, 54, 58 LA Golf L Series Wedge flex

Putter: Odyssey Ai-One Jailbird Mini

Balls: TP5X

14 hours ago, phizzy30 said:

TM's really good about replacing damaged heads.  My Stealth started bubbling up under the laminate layer.  They replaced it, no questions asked.  I wouldn't "sweat" it, lol. 

That's true, but who wants to go spend $500-$700 knowing it will need to be replaced in it's first year of life? 

18 hours ago, 1s1k said:

Why I went to a TSR3.

Popped 3 faces on my Stealth2 Plus.  

Great driver but TM customer service on replacing heads has gone downhill substantially. 

Can you explain further on why TM customer service on replacing heads has gone down hill so bad? Currently waiting to hear back on a replacement, so I’m curious!

What makes me laugh is I have an M3 head with literally 30000 range rocks off it and probably 500 rounds of golf on it.   Still as good as new - whomever came up with the 'carbon age' at Taylormade needs to be looking for a new job. 

Edited by Phabs
  • Like 1

Artisan 0521 w/ LAGP 135  / Compass G.O.A.T  w/ LAGP135 / LegacyGoods Widebody w/ KBS One Step / Byron DH89 w/ LAGP135 / Cameron Studio 1.5 w/ UST All in

Bridgestone Tour BXS 

Just now, Phabs said:

What makes me laugh is I have an M3 head with literally 30000 range rocks off it and probably 500 rounds of golf on it.   Still as good as new - whomever came up with the 'carbon age' at Taylormade needs to be looking for a new job. 

I'm surprised that you haven't cracked any of your recent drivers considering that the faces are so thin.  I remember you being over 115 ss.  On a side note,  I cracked the face on my SIM MAX years ago so the older heads aren't any more durable than the newer ones, IMO. 

• Like 1

Miura Tour 54* HB - KBS 610 125 S+, New Level SPN forged M-grind 58* - KBS Tour 130X

11 hours ago, lowheel said:

Curious.  Do you have articles for these? 

Have Fun - Ready Golf - Repair Divots/Marks - FORE

6 minutes ago, phizzy30 said:

I'm surprised that you haven't cracked any of your recent drivers considering that the faces are so thin.  I remember you being over 115 ss.  On a side note,  I cracked the face on my SIM MAX years ago so the older heads aren't any more durable than the newer ones, IMO. 

Yeah no issues yet knock on wood.  I was in a sim last weekend and was 117-118 pretty much all day Aerojet has survived. 🤣

Bridgestone Tour BXS 

11 hours ago, lowheel said:

I do not know about this past year with Rory with the S2+. But the only reason he changed to the Stealth2 was because he gamed the original stealth+ the entire year, had a great driving year with that one head but it did not pass one of the conforming tests. 

Ironically enough it was at genesis last year. 

@THE306BOY

Cracked the face of my M1 and SIM head. Called TM customer service and they immediately sent me a new head. No pictures needed and sent straight to my address. Turn around time was about a week.

Popped 3 faces on the Stealth Plus and you now have to bring the driver head to an authorized retail store where they contact TM and send the head to them. My last face that popped I went to a Golf Galaxy, and it took months for them to replace it. They said when they would contact TM that the head was on backorder. 

I know almost all brands have issues at some point but it's the customer service I really liked with TM which is why I played them since the M1. 

TSR3 9* | Ventus Blue TR 6X

TSR2+ 13* | Ventus Red 7X 

T200 2-Iron | Ventus Blue HY 10X

T150's 3-PW | DG TI X100

SM10 Raw 

50.12F | DG TI X100

54.12D | DG TI S400

60.08M | DG TI S400

TM MySpider X Blk on Blk 34"

Titleist Pro V1

1 hour ago, 1s1k said:

@THE306BOY

Cracked the face of my M1 and SIM head. Called TM customer service and they immediately sent me a new head. No pictures needed and sent straight to my address. Turn around time was about a week.

Popped 3 faces on the Stealth Plus and you now have to bring the driver head to an authorized retail store where they contact TM and send the head to them. My last face that popped I went to a Golf Galaxy, and it took months for them to replace it. They said when they would contact TM that the head was on backorder. 

I know almost all brands have issues at some point but it's the customer service I really liked with TM which is why I played them since the M1. 

this man is right. Their customer service for warranty heads is going down hard. 

6 minutes ago, pnwbeamer said:

this man is right. Their customer service for warranty heads is going down hard. 

When did it shift?

there a quite a few people in this thread praising there smooth warranty process on stealth 2+ heads, some even getting qi ls heads as replacements more recently.  

Could it be people are getting inconsistent experiences based on individual customer service reps?

6 hours ago, Phabs said:

Trust me.. there's a pile of blown up heads on the tour truck no one gets to see 

I can back you up on this one.  My client who's a tour pro on TM staff told me the same thing. 

Edited by phizzy30

2 hours ago, 1s1k said:

@THE306BOY

That’s really too bad to hear it’s gone downhill. I’ve had similar experiences to your earlier ones. Very seamless process, although I had to submit a few photos showing the defects - it was usually around 1-2 weeks and I had a new club/clubs. 

My latest claim, I’ve sure felt what you are mentioning. They are asking for it to be sent in for ‘inspection’ and ‘repair’ … Seems like now is the time to sell the replacement, and move on. 

Another important detail is TaylorMade’s written policy that the 2 year warranty on its clubs only applies to the original buyer. Given the way items quickly make their way to the BST, buying a used Qi10 may not be worth any savings if the face pops off and the TM warranty was voided when you bought it. Kind of risky for such an expensive driver, especially given this is the third generation and if they still haven’t solved it, perhaps they can’t. 

• Like 1

Callaway Paradym Triple Diamond 10.5 w/Diamana TB 60S

PXG GEN6 5 wood w/Diamana S-plus 70 stiff

Yamaha RMX VD 7 wood w/Diamana S-plus 70 stiff

Callaway Mavrik Pro hybrid (22) w/Aldila Tour Blue 85 stiff hybrid

Wilson Staff Model CB 5-G w/DG s300 shafts

Edel T grind 54 w/Nippon 125 wedge shaft

Fourteen RM-12 58 w/Dynamic Golds400

Axis1 Rose putter, 34 inches

44 minutes ago, dmeeksDC said:

Another important detail is TaylorMade’s written policy that the 2 year warranty on its clubs only applies to the original buyer. Given the way items quickly make their way to the BST, buying a used Qi10 may not be worth any savings if the face pops off and the TM warranty was voided when you bought it. Kind of risky for such an expensive driver, especially given this is the third generation and if they still haven’t solved it, perhaps they can’t. 

50 minutes ago, 54CW said:

Maybe the prices are so high because TM wants you pay for two drivers up front. 

It’s probably why customer service replacements are so easy. 

The reason I made this comment, I purchased a used Sim on eBay and had it replaced with a Sim 2 after the sole cracked.

It may just depend on who you talk to in their warranty claims dept. 

I hardly think carbon faces are as innovative as they claim but mostly production, cost, and material savings. I would imagine these drivers are very cheap to produce. 

Edited by 54CW
Saved original too fast