Tattoo's yes or no

[quote name='bobcat' timestamp='1406326154' post='9786307'][quote name='vtnerf' timestamp='1406302406' post='9783189']
[quote name='bobcat' timestamp='1406302031' post='9783147']
[quote name='vtnerf' timestamp='1406300452' post='9782911']
[quote name='bobcat' timestamp='1406299773' post='9782837']
Significant events in your life imprint your brain and your heart...For something that meaningful and personal, there is no need to imprint your skin as well...its not likely you will ever forget it if don't memoralize it on your skin for all to see...

Keep it personal, there is no need for skin memorials.
[/quote]

Guess you don't go for "location" or concert t-shirts either? Or alama mater apparel? No need for the reminder? :taunt:
[/quote]

As it clothing had anyting at all in common with permanent tattoos...I think most people can distinguish a clear difference between tatttoos and clothing. Think twice...

:swoon:
[/quote]

From reading this thread, I wouldn't agree with you...
[/quote]

Keep reading....[/quote]

Thank you for making it clear. You don't get a second chance to make a first impression, but with some luck, you never have to worry about the first meeting.

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='inked' timestamp='1406344660' post='9788121']
[quote name='502 to Right' timestamp='1406341769' post='9787793']
You are free to get all the tattoos you want. I'm free to think you look like a clown.
[/quote]

You're right, you have the right to think what you want. Congratulations, you discovered freedom.

Funny, I have friends that moved out here from Wisconsin…now I know why they moved.
[/quote]

Why does it bother you what I think?

[quote name='inked' timestamp='1406340812' post='9787703']
Listening to people give advice about tattoo's when they have none…you might as well take advice from me on your golf swing.

Look, you either like them or not. You regret them or you don't. It's a poor investment or it's not. Who are you all to judge any of this? Judge me if you will, I could care less. I've been getting the needle for 22 years, I'm 40 years old, I'm no flash in the pan, it's no fad for me. It's my generation that changed the way tattoos are perceived today.

So, sit behind your keyboard and judge how you might, but I guarantee if we get paired up during a round, you won't tell me how stupid you think I look. Or how I've "disfigured" my body, or I'm seeking attention. What you will come to realize, is I'm smart, educated, passionate, creative, and successful. And if my ink prevents you from realizing that, then look in the mirror my friend and judge yourself.
[/quote]

Well said. More people need to have this thought process.

[quote name='502 to Right' timestamp='1406345568' post='9788201']
You are free to get all the tattoos you want. I'm free to think you look like a clown.
[/quote]

You're right, you have the right to think what you want. Congratulations, you discovered freedom.

Funny, I have friends that moved out here from Wisconsin…now I know why they moved.
[/quote]

Why does it bother you what I think?
[/quote]

It doesn't. I'm just agreeing with you. I'm glad you can think for yourself. And I'm happy to have met these kind, creative, intelligent people from Wisconsin. They were clearly looking for like minded people. Strange we get along so well…..they don't have a single tattoo.

The biggest thing that I think is lame in this thread is those who are without tattoos stating why it is people get tattooed, as if they have any real clue.

People are different, and do different things, make different choices. I'm heavily tattooed, and maybe it's a reflection of who I am and what I'm in to. Grew up skateboarding and playing in punk rock bands, so being tattooed wasnt that big of an issue in my circle I guess.

callaway epic max ls MMT x
Ping G25 15* Black Tie

818 H2 set 21* evenflow 6.5

HOGAN ft worth black x100

cleveland 50* scratch  54 & 60 customs T&A
Cleveland TA milled options

This thread clearly has more underlying issues than just tattoos. I am passionate about tattoos, but I'm more passionate about acceptance and individuality. The word "tattoo" can be replace with many other cultural and political topics, wether it be gender, race, religion, sexual preference, etc. But what can't be replaced is the lack of acceptance for some people. And let's be honest, golf until fairly recently, was not a very accepting sport. Unfortunately, there are those that still live in this world. But, what makes America the greatest country in the world, is we're able to voice our opinions, wrong or right, we can be heard.

Will people with tattoos become the next protected class?

In a recent survey by Careerbuilder.com, 31 percent of HR managers said that visible tattoos can have a negative impact on their decision whether to hire someone.

We already have laws to protect people from discrimination based on sex, religion, color, race, age, veteran status, pregnancy, and genetic information. Could people who are inked, pierced and branded be next on the list?

As far fetched as it might sound, I think we could see people with "body art" as a protected class down the road.

Ping G425 Max driver & fw
Ping G425 hybrids
Ping i25 irons
Odyssey Black Tour #5

Srixon Q Star Tour

Hey, I don't give a ****. I ain't the fashion police either. Am sure a little ink, or a lot has no bearing on if a guy, or gal can put a peg in the ground. Personally I don't, but only due to a phobia with needles. Hey, I'm only 60 there's still time. My sons have a couple. What's the deal on fretting over what someone else looks like? I golf with gays and lesbians, ,people of color, beginning youngsters, and old people, fat, thin, or athletic, irregardless of political, or religious beliefs. I do however draw the line at joining a man and wife as a single, if the lady is a beginner. The hubby always has way too much ego and usually "coaches" the poor gal to death, unless she has a nice tush and a good waggle.

[quote name='Desert Golf' timestamp='1406370810' post='9789049']
Could people who are inked, pierced and branded be next on the list?

[/quote]

"Branded"...now thats an interesting choice of words...

[b]What's in Bobcat's Bag? (Showing more than 14 clubs due to options)[/b]

Driver: TM 2015 9.5* SLDR-C - 45.5" Miyazaki Kusala Black 61s (tipped 1/2")
Fairway: TM Tour-iussue V-Steel 15* 3W - 43.25" Fujikura 757 Speeder Stiff
Hybrid Fairway: TM Rescue Fairway 15* '3-Strong'- 42.75" Fujikura VP-90 Stiff
Hybrids: TM Rescue-Mid TP's 19*(3H) & 22*(4H) - Fujikura Vista Pro 90 Stiff
Driving Irons: TM TP UDI's 16* (#1) & 20* (#3) - KBS C-Taper Lite 110 Stiff Shafts
Irons: TM 2015 SLDR Irons (5-8i only) - KBS C-Taper Lite 110 Stiff Flex Steel
Hybrid Wedges: Cleveland 2011 Niblicks - 42*PW /49*DW / 56*SW - Stock Steel
Wedge: 2011 Cleveland CG-16 Black Pearl 58*/8* (SW/LW) - Stock Steel Shaft
Putter: Bettinardi BBX-81 Blade - 35" Bettinardi Stock Steel Putter Shaft

[quote name='reckedhim' timestamp='1406374509' post='9789191']
It's no wonder that golf is on the decline. Why would people want to be be around the ignorant, close-minded people, like the ones found in this thread/forum.
[/quote]

OP asked a question, you don't like the answer so feel free to just hurl the insults. Stay classy.

[quote name='Brlong23' timestamp='1406295842' post='9782377']
I find some of these responses laughable in that the individuals judging people based on their tattoo's seem to equate an individual decision with a lack of standards or normalcy. I happen to have a sleeve on my right arm and several large tattoo's on my left, with every intent on completing that arm in the near future. My tattoo's represent my life, varying between my military service in the Marine Corps, my wife and family and my insane allegiance to Penn State. Does this make me some heathen or deadbeat that deserves judgment from those who find my decisions as going against their moral or ethical beliefs? The simple answer is no, it should not, but in reality, I know it's going to happen. The best part of that is that I honestly don't care. If you're dumb enough to judge someone based on tattoo's rather than their character, motivations, personality and capabilities, then you are the one who has issues, not them.

For those who would still consider judging me based on my tattoo's, consider this. Following a childhood in which I came from abject poverty, I enlisted in the Marine Corps and served honorably for 5 years while serving 4 consecutive combat tours in Iraq. Following my EAS, I enrolled at Penn State University where I graduated with a 4.0 GPA and a degree in Political Science. Following graduation, I took the LSAT and scored a 174. I applied to various law schools and was accepted to every Top 15 school in the country (Harvard, Yale, NYU, Columbia, etc...) I ended up attending University of Virginia because it is a state school and they offered me a full ride. Following graduation, I clerked for a federal judge in Virginia and I am now an associate in Tampa, FL. I accomplished all of these things by the age of 30 and despite the hinderance that you believe tattoo's incur on a social level. Personally, I am proud of the person I am and believe my tattoo's are a part of that. So you can take your moral superiority and shove it!
[/quote]

Well done. Thanks for serving.

I have multiple tats and with a shirt on non are visible. I got the tats because I wanted them and they mean something to me. If you feel the need to tell me how stupid my tat looks that's fine you get your opinion. I know what they mean to me. On the course follow the etiquette of the club and who gives a crap what others think. I also love to hear people say which doctor would you want? Because the fact how the hell does anyone know that a doctor or who ever doesn't have a huge mural on their back or something. I have been surprised by the amount of people I have ran into that have tats now and how many people still hide them like they are taboo.

I've got some bigger tattoos. On my back, ribs, and inside of my left bicep. The only one you can really see is my son's name on the inside of my bicep and it only comes about 3" below my sleeve line. Also when I wear a white shirt you can see my back tattoo. I don't really care what other people think. Tattoo's really aren't for outcasts or anything like they used to be. It's very common to have them now and I plan on getting more.

Callaway Rogue ST LS ***  Fujikura Rombax Type X
Callaway Rogue ST LS 3wd w/Diamana D+ Whiteboard 70TX
Callaway Rogue ST LS 5wd w/Diamana D+ Whiteboard 80X
Callaway TCB 4-GW w/Project X 6.0
Callaway Jaws RAW 56/60
EvnRoll 5.2 Short Slant

[quote name='inked' timestamp='1406341285' post='9787751']
[quote name='dirtyboy' timestamp='1406322526' post='9785965']
At least the next generation won't be inkies. Kids hate to look like their parents with their 20 year old faded and sagging tattoos. Do yourselves a favor, invest the money you would spend on tattoos and see which looks better in 20 years.
[/quote]

Do you casually dream up these generalizations in your sleep or do you have a team of monkey's taking care of this for you? Really, do all kids hate what their parents look like?

Interesting, some of my ink is over 20 years old, no fading, no sagging….but then you must make these assumptions based on cold hard facts and I'm a mythical creature that is a walking phenomenon.

For the record, my investments are doing just fine.
[/quote]

Kids hating there parents for what ever is a product of said parenting and behavior. There's also a reason "laser removal" market has been surging. Tattoos might not sag at 40 too. But unless your a gym rat like I am at 60+, that maintains his body, they are likely to sag if muscle mass is lost. Its not conjecture either. Special forces and 3-ltr agency friends have a few tats, that I've seen at the pool. Not attractive either, since some of the guy no longer work out. Fortunately, in our day, guys were not into sleeves, etc.

Mind you, I really don't care, what you or others do in that regards. Not till someone applies for a job where they could represent me and my company, does my opinion matter.

• TSR2 9.25° Ventus Velo TR Blue 58
  • TSR2 15° AD VF 74
  • T200 17 2i° Tensei AV Raw White Hybrid 90
  • T100 3i to 9i MMT 105
  • T100 PW, SM9 F52/12, M58/8, PX Wedge 6.0 120
  • SC/CA Monterey
  • DASH -ProV1x & AVX

[quote name='inked' timestamp='1406347632' post='9788359']
This thread clearly has more underlying issues than just tattoos. I am passionate about tattoos, but I'm more passionate about acceptance and individuality. The word "tattoo" can be replace with many other cultural and political topics, wether it be gender, race, religion, sexual preference, etc. But what can't be replaced is the lack of acceptance for some people. And let's be honest, golf until fairly recently, was not a very accepting sport. Unfortunately, there are those that still live in this world. But, what makes America the greatest country in the world, is we're able to voice our opinions, wrong or right, we can be heard.
[/quote]

Let me point out a few factors regarding our great "America" and its "freedom"; acceptance has nothing to do with either. Acceptance is part of parenting and friendship; its not provided by the public at large. Though, it is associated with the politically correct segment, so it can be found by people that 'need' acceptance, that was lacking at home. Individuality, however, is a conscious choice which is part of our freedom. On the other hand, if ones "individuality" is "attention" getting; like acceptance, it will be hard to find, as neither are constitutionally guaranteed, therefore forcing the public to accept...

Golf, in and of itself, has nothing to do with finding acceptance. Golf acceptance or not, by one's surroundings, is based upon mindset and demeanor and the willingness to meld into the surroundings. Its a serious error in judgment to expect the surroundings to change to accommodate ones individuality or attitude.

• TSR2 9.25° Ventus Velo TR Blue 58
  • TSR2 15° AD VF 74
  • T200 17 2i° Tensei AV Raw White Hybrid 90
  • T100 3i to 9i MMT 105
  • T100 PW, SM9 F52/12, M58/8, PX Wedge 6.0 120
  • SC/CA Monterey
  • DASH -ProV1x & AVX

[/quote]

[/quote]

So, It's OK for you to judge people from Wisconsin? LOL :drinks:

Kidding, everybody needs to lighten up. Whatever happened to live and let live?

Cheers!

I could be wrong
I've been wrong before
I'll be wrong again

[quote name='oldschoolrocker' timestamp='1406373767' post='9789141']
Hey, I don't give a ****. I ain't the fashion police either. Am sure a little ink, or a lot has no bearing on if a guy, or gal can put a peg in the ground. Personally I don't, but only due to a phobia with needles. Hey, I'm only 60 there's still time. My sons have a couple. What's the deal on fretting over what someone else looks like? I golf with gays and lesbians, ,people of color, beginning youngsters, and old people, fat, thin, or athletic, irregardless of political, or religious beliefs. I do however draw the line at joining a man and wife as a single, if the lady is a beginner. The hubby always has way too much ego and usually "coaches" the poor gal to death, unless she has a nice tush and a good waggle.
[/quote]

Sheeesh,,, I could have written that word for word. That was almost scary to read. I was thinking/feeling Daja Vu.

[quote name='502 to Right' timestamp='1406399864' post='9790773']
The tattooed among us are a sensitive lot.
[/quote]

Yeah, we all have regrets, but most regrets aren't visible...

[b]What's in Bobcat's Bag? (Showing more than 14 clubs due to options)[/b]

Driver: TM 2015 9.5* SLDR-C - 45.5" Miyazaki Kusala Black 61s (tipped 1/2")
Fairway: TM Tour-iussue V-Steel 15* 3W - 43.25" Fujikura 757 Speeder Stiff
Hybrid Fairway: TM Rescue Fairway 15* '3-Strong'- 42.75" Fujikura VP-90 Stiff
Hybrids: TM Rescue-Mid TP's 19*(3H) & 22*(4H) - Fujikura Vista Pro 90 Stiff
Driving Irons: TM TP UDI's 16* (#1) & 20* (#3) - KBS C-Taper Lite 110 Stiff Shafts
Irons: TM 2015 SLDR Irons (5-8i only) - KBS C-Taper Lite 110 Stiff Flex Steel
Hybrid Wedges: Cleveland 2011 Niblicks - 42*PW /49*DW / 56*SW - Stock Steel
Wedge: 2011 Cleveland CG-16 Black Pearl 58*/8* (SW/LW) - Stock Steel Shaft
Putter: Bettinardi BBX-81 Blade - 35" Bettinardi Stock Steel Putter Shaft

[quote name='bobcat' timestamp='1406408290' post='9791373']
[/quote]

[/quote]

Do you guys both regret being a*******?

I bet 502 regrets not being able to get off work.

callaway epic max ls MMT x
Ping G25 15* Black Tie

818 H2 set 21* evenflow 6.5

HOGAN ft worth black x100

cleveland 50* scratch  54 & 60 customs T&A
Cleveland TA milled options

[quote name='fore_life' timestamp='1406432140' post='9793309']
[quote name='bobcat' timestamp='1406408290' post='9791373']
[/quote]

[/quote]

Do you guys both regret being a*******?

I bet 502 regrets not being able to get off work.
[/quote]

I'm just stating my opinion.

I hate tattoos.

[size=3][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Current bag:
Titleist TS3 Oban Kiyoshi Purple 65 [/font]
[font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Titleist TS2 GD Tour AD-MT 7[/font][/size]
[size=3][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Titleist 818H1 19, 818H1 23 GD Tour AD-DI 85[/font][/size]
[size=3][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Epon AF-705 5-AW MRC OT-I 95
Vokey Wedgeworks SM7 Raw 54M, 58D[/font][/size]
[font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]Scotty Cameron 009[/size][/font]
[font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]Taylormade TP5x[/size][/font]