2024 John Deere Classic WITB Photos ×

Titleist 975 L-FF Anyone Hit One????

madisongolfguy72

That's the super deep face one right? Fred Funk edition...

TaylorMade Qi10 LS 9° w/ PX HZRDUS Gen4 Black 75 6.0

TaylorMade SIM ROCKET 14.5° w/ PX Handcrafted EvenFlow Black 75 6.5

TaylorMade SIM 2 Max Rescue 3-19° w/ PX RDX Smoke 90 6.5

TaylorMade SIM 2 Max Rescue 4-22° w/ PX RDX Smoke 90 6.5

Srixon ZU85 5 26° w/ PX RDX Smoke 100 6.5

Srixon ZX7 6-PW w/ Nippon Modus Tour125 X

Cleveland 588 RTX 52° w/ Nippon Modus Prototype C10 S
Srixon WG-706 56° w/ Nippon Modus Prototype C10 S
Scotty Cameron SSS Circle T Newport Beach w/ UST Frequency Filter

Let the F*cker Fly! Great driver. One of the hottest at the time for sure. I haven't hit one in a couple years, but I remember it being really long.

EDIT: I remember seeing one of those sell for several hundred dollars on the bay. Definitely worth $40. Heck, PM me if you don't like it and I'll buy it from you.

Callaway Paradym AI Smoke Max TD 9° Project X Denali Blue 60

Callaway Paradym AI Smoke TD 3w Ventus Red 7

Callaway Paradym AI Smoke TD 7w Ventus Red 7 

Wilson Staff Model RB Utility (3 or 4?) HZRDUS Gen 4 Black 90

Wilson Dynapower Forged 5-G UST Recoil Dart 105

Wilson Staff Model ZM 56°-12° (Bent to 55°) and 60°-08° 

Royal Payne RP009 359g KBS GPS

Yup. Great driver which was Tour only. LFF meant Let the F'er Fly. That is an extremely rare club. Can't remember if it was 300 or 360cc's. It's got a bore through hosel so reshafting it will be difficult. Dang near impossible to get that shaft out smoothly.

Ping G430 LST 9 Ventus Red TR 5 Stiff

Ping G410 5 Wood Aldila Rogue 130MSI 80 X

Ping G430 Max 7 Wood VA Composites Drago 65 Stiff

Ping G425 Max 9 wood Ventus Blus 7S

Ping G710 5-PW KBS Tour

Ping S159 50 54 58

Ping Anser 2

[quote name='mosesgolf' post='2114685' date='Dec 9 2009, 05:13 PM']Yup. Great driver which was Tour only. LFF meant Let the F'er Fly. That is an extremely rare club. Can't remember if it was 300 or 360cc's. It's got a bore through hosel so reshafting it will be difficult. Dang near impossible to get that shaft out smoothly.[/quote]

They are 360 or 365. I don't remember which.

Callaway Paradym AI Smoke Max TD 9° Project X Denali Blue 60

Callaway Paradym AI Smoke TD 3w Ventus Red 7

Callaway Paradym AI Smoke TD 7w Ventus Red 7 

Wilson Staff Model RB Utility (3 or 4?) HZRDUS Gen 4 Black 90

Wilson Dynapower Forged 5-G UST Recoil Dart 105

Wilson Staff Model ZM 56°-12° (Bent to 55°) and 60°-08° 

Royal Payne RP009 359g KBS GPS

I used to play the L FE and it definitely was an anti left driver. It wasnt' very long though. It got spanked in a driver shootout I had w/ some of the TM Tour stuff. At least 20 yds behind-it spun too much.

Ping G430 LST 9 Ventus Red TR 5 Stiff

Ping G410 5 Wood Aldila Rogue 130MSI 80 X

Ping G430 Max 7 Wood VA Composites Drago 65 Stiff

Ping G425 Max 9 wood Ventus Blus 7S

Ping G710 5-PW KBS Tour

Ping S159 50 54 58

Ping Anser 2

From what I have been told... Sergio and other Titleist staff used this driver circa 2002-2004 and I was also told the FF stands for forged face... anyways... it has an old Vista Pro shaft that will be replaced with something cheap but nice... maybe a V2 by the Titliest boys in California...

I think this driver is also 360cc's, hey Tiger is playing a 380 maybe I can hit this thing!

I have one. It has a 657 Speeder Boron (stiff). Does anyone know anything about this shaft?

Also, although I tried to talk myself into the idea that the LFF was a neutral weighted prototype of the LF-E, it does seem pretty fade biased.

Tsr2 8 or Tsi3 9 with Whiteboard 73 stiff Rombax 7z08
Titleist 910f 15 diamana whiteboard 83 stiff

titleist 818h2 with atmos stiff
titleist 710 mb 4-pw or Mizuno 919 Tour 4-pw or....
Vokey 52,56
Lajosi dd201 about 20 other putters

Great club

Let the F****** Fly is true to its saying.

Very solid and not tingy like the LFE is. Its a solid twack
Sergio and other Titleist tour players at the time used it.

Mine had a speeder 757 X, sold to wrx member club collector here

good deal that you got

Everybody relax, I’m here

[quote name='madisongolfguy72' post='2114906' date='Dec 9 2009, 07:42 PM']From what I have been told... Sergio and other Titleist staff used this driver circa 2002-2004 and I was also told the FF stands for forged face... anyways... it has an old Vista Pro shaft that will be replaced with something cheap but nice... maybe a V2 by the Titliest boys in California...

I think this driver is also 360cc's, hey Tiger is playing a 380 maybe I can hit this thing![/quote]

I would just cut the shaft in it at the hosel and drill the old shaft 1.75" down the bore leaving the rest in then install the next shaft just like you normally do in any club. The remaining Vista Pro in the bore will just stay and it will make chaning shafts and getting the proper flex much easier. Great head IMO.

Because of above comments that the LFF is an LFE by another name I just spent twenty minutes comparing my 8.5 LFF to my 8.5 LFE. They are similar to be sure, but I can guarantee you they are not identical clubs. LFF is a little deeper, a little more open and the toe sits up a bit relative to the LFE. The feel of the two clubs are also quite different.

• 5 months later...

I was looking for an L-FE in 9.5 and having zero luck. Last night, popped on eBay just before hitting the rack and what did I find? 9.5, L-FF head, smokin' deal and it is on the way to Arizona. I have a few shafts to try in it and am fired up to be putting that rascal in the bag, for a spell.
Anyone have thoughts on the Fuji Motore' F1 in this head. I am not a shaft guru, so the whole "spin" "ball flight" and such just seem to confuse me. Any input would be great. I also have a Graman Limey, a Proto By You and one or two others handy.
Thx,
LaMont in AZ

Duval used to hit those. Some used to think the FF stood for forged face, b/c back then that was a trendy thing to have for some (remember the old Mizuno Pro series drivers?)

Never new it was the exact same stick as the L-FE, cool. I always was told back in the day that the L-FF was a prototype of the L-FE, but a different stick.

Definitely different club than the LFE, was a prototype and as such, unless you have some conections @ Titleist, I would not send in for reshaft as they may end up keeping it and replacing with a retail product as has happened sometimes in the past. A competent clubmaker should have no problem reshafting and I would definitely recommend drilling to normal shaft insertion and using a shaft that you have hit well in the past. I personally had great results with one of these reshafted with a Grafalloy Blue, your results may vary.

Titleist TSR2 10* (d4 surefit) Fujikura Motore Speeder 7.2s
Titleist 904f 17* YS7+s
Titleist 962b 3-pw s300
Cleveland zipcore tour rack custom 52* s400
Cleveland zipcore tour rack custom 58* s400
Ping Zing2 BeCu

[quote name='nickpoz' date='09 December 2009 - 06:21 PM' timestamp='1260408060' post='2115000']
It was phased off the tour in 2002. It is the EXACT same club, regardless of what people say as the LFE. They were not able to use the name LFF because MacGregor had the rights to the name.
[/quote]

[quote name='chip' date='14 December 2009 - 12:32 AM' timestamp='1260775929' post='2123954']
Because of above comments that the LFF is an LFE by another name I just spent twenty minutes comparing my 8.5 LFF to my 8.5 LFE. They are similar to be sure, but I can guarantee you they are not identical clubs. LFF is a little deeper, a little more open and the toe sits up a bit relative to the LFE. The feel of the two clubs are also quite different.
[/quote]

[quote name='chip' date='14 December 2009 - 12:36 AM' timestamp='1260776191' post='2123958']
just to be sure that I wasn't seeing things, I asked my GF to look at the two clubs at address and tell me if they were different or identical. She hates golf, she hates golf clubs, she pays great attention to detail and she knew straight away the clubs were different.
[/quote]

Poll anyone?

I never lined up the two clubs, but I had them at one time. They didn't hit/feel the same, that's all I remember. I was always partial to the J-VS anyway.

For what it's worth, I'd keep the vista pro in there for a little bit. I think it still holds up to many of the shafts on the market today.

D - Tour Burner TP 9.5*/Mitsubishi Diamana Whiteboard 63g 

3W - 07 Burner TP TS/Mitsubishi Diamana Blueboard 73g

2h - Razr Tour/Aldila NV Hybrid 85

3h - Diablo Edge Tour/Motore Speeder Tour Spec 9.8 HB

5-7 - P790/KBS C-Taper 120

8-PW - P770/KBS C-Taper 120

50* - Nike Engage 

54* - Nike VR Forged 

60* - Nike VR Forged

P - Nike Method Origin B2-01 Naked

I remember this being discussed at another website when this club launched (7-8 years ago). the LFF Played very similar to the LFE and was the prototype version. The club was played by Tiger for a very short period of time. I remember it being in his bag for a rd. or 2 while and tiger ended up going back to the D.

I had a Titleist LFE for about 3-4 years and is one of my favorite drivers. Very hard to hook

Never saw the "LFF" model. They made an "LFE" model that was a good stick. The "L-FE" stood for "Fade Enhancing" and the head was toe-weighted.

I had the LFE. Fade bias for sure. It was slightly larger than 975-J I had. I believe the LFE was 350cc.

Picture5-32.jpg

Wait, WAIT. The FE stands for Fade Enhancing? I was told it was for Final Edition, as the last available iteration of the 975. It was the first "real, brand-name" club I bought, as a high school graduation present to myself. I normally draw the ball, and completely f'ed up my swing for 2 years as I tried to work this POS from right to left but couldn't do it. I sold it to a friend who can kill the damn thing, and bought a 983k. I wish I knew this 7 years ago.

12.0 @ 11.25 Titleist 915D2 | Diamana M+ 50
16.5 @ 17.25 Titleist TSI2 | HZRDUS Smoke Black 60

23.0 @ 22.25 Titleist TSI1 | HZRDUS Smoke Black 60
7H 29.0 @ 28.0 Titleist TSI1 | HZRDUS Smoke Black 80HYB
6-P Titleist T100 | Mitsubishi Tensei AV Blue AM2
50.12F, 54.12D, 58.10S, 62.08M Titleist Vokey SM8 | Nippon 850GH
Scotty Cameron SS Newport 1.5
Taylormade TP5

Never saw the "LFF" model. They made an "LFE" model that was a good stick. The "L-FE" stood for "Fade Enhancing" and the head was toe-weighted.

I had the LFE. Fade bias for sure. It was slightly larger than 975-J I had. I believe the LFE was 350cc.

Picture5-32.jpg

Wait, WAIT. The FE stands for Fade Enhancing? I was told it was for Final Edition, as the last available iteration of the 975. It was the first "real, brand-name" club I bought, as a high school graduation present to myself. I normally draw the ball, and completely f'ed up my swing for 2 years as I tried to work this POS from right to left but couldn't do it. I sold it to a friend who can kill the damn thing, and bought a 983k. I wish I knew this 7 years ago.

From what I remember, the marketing was pretty clear. J.VS was a neutral driver, L-FE was mildly fade biased. Certainly not enough to screw with your swing, worst case, if you were previously hitting a draw, would a smaller draw or even straight. The tech didn't exist to move discretionary weight the way TM and Callaway have done since, especially with the bore-thru. Long story short, it wasn't the club...

Picture5-32.jpg

From what I remember, the marketing was pretty clear. J.VS was a neutral driver, L-FE was mildly fade biased. Certainly not enough to screw with your swing, worst case, if you were previously hitting a draw, would a smaller draw or even straight. The tech didn't exist to move discretionary weight the way TM and Callaway have done since, especially with the bore-thru. Long story short, it wasn't the club...

Yeah, I know. Makes for a better story this way though. This is why you do your own research instead of blindly listening to the guy in the range shop.

12.0 @ 11.25 Titleist 915D2 | Diamana M+ 50
16.5 @ 17.25 Titleist TSI2 | HZRDUS Smoke Black 60

23.0 @ 22.25 Titleist TSI1 | HZRDUS Smoke Black 60
7H 29.0 @ 28.0 Titleist TSI1 | HZRDUS Smoke Black 80HYB
6-P Titleist T100 | Mitsubishi Tensei AV Blue AM2
50.12F, 54.12D, 58.10S, 62.08M Titleist Vokey SM8 | Nippon 850GH
Scotty Cameron SS Newport 1.5
Taylormade TP5