How many WRX have $1k bags

m-benzw203

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Captain Morgan ' post='2127233' date='Dec 15 2009, 03:50 PM'][quote name='tjy355' post='2127145' date='Dec 15 2009, 05:05 PM']It never fails to amuse, the d*ck sizing that goes on in this forum. We don't care how much you spent on your bag.[/quote]

Then beat it. Go to a different room.
[/quote]

LOL...ok, that reply made me smile....wasn't quite sure how to respond other than the original post annoyed me a bit.

Ken

Hmm...Today the bag will be...<br /><br />Cobra F9 or Ping 400 LST<br /><br />F9 w/ HZRD Yellow or 16* 3446-f-Matrix 8M2<br /><br />Cobra Baffler w/ HZRD<br /><br />Machine M2A Long Neck SS Copper Insert Hand Peened<br /><br />Mizuno MP-55 & MP-5 w/ SF 110 CW<br /><br />SRIXON 765/965 5-PW w SF i95 Stiff

[quote name='tjy355' post='2127145' date='Dec 15 2009, 04:05 PM']It never fails to amuse, the d*ck sizing that goes on in this forum. We don't care how much you spent on your bag.[/quote]

I think you must have logged into the wrong website. I guarentee there plenty of websites where those discussions take place and I'm sure some even include photo comparisons. Shoot...I bet they even have a BST section that would be of interest to some folks.
:cheesy:

In all honesty...who cares if a few folks are amazed by how much they spend on their golf bag and want to chat about it. It actually made me think...

i wish only 1k, being only 17....i work 3 jobs and i caddie all for this

my new 2009 bag(see sig)
driver, 3wood, 2 hybrids- about $1230
irons and wedges- about $1250

ill say about $2480
that swithout the the limited edition scotty im trying to get my hands on... and all the balls im going to lose next year...

How much have I spent on the current bag, or how much have I spent to get to this bag? Oh, and by the way, in case my wife is reading this, I have recently discovered that each of her handbags runs upwards of $2K. I won't even mention her shoes. We must be just about even on the expenditures. . .

This is my third go around on the D2, my second on the 4 wood, my third or fourth purchase of both of the sets of irons listed, you get the picture I'm sure. . .

Isn't the typical bag going to be over $1k?

It probably looks something like this?
Irons - $500
Driver - $200
Wood/Hybrid - $100 ea.
2 Wedges - $100 ea.
Putter - $100

I think what this forum has helped me discover was you can game some good equipment in your bag at a budget. There are a lot of $300 iron sets, $100 drivers, etc. that can help you improve your game and you don't necessarily need the latest and greatest.

I've spent thousands of dollars on many clubs that have come and gone. The clubs in the bag now I've set through trial and error. My current setup is very economical in comparison to what I've had in the past trying to figure it all out...

driver = $70
fairway = $50
hybrids = $150
irons/wedges = $410
putter = $65

That comes to $745 if I've added it all up correctly.

With any name brand equipment, it would be hard to stay under $1K unless you bought your gear used.

Driver: Ping Rapture with Fuji E-360 $200 ($100 used head and $100 new shaft)
Fairway wood: Adams 5050 with Code-8 $300 ($150 used head and $150 for a 1-time pull shaft)
Hybrid: Adams A2P with Fuji Rombax $200 ($100 new head and $100 new shaft)
Irons: Titleist 681 $400 (used)
Wedges: Scratch GW, SW & LW $75/each
Putter: Scotty Cameron Napa $250

Total $1575

Old stuff:
1962 Tommy Armour AT2W Driver   1953 Macgregor M65W EOM 3 wood   1978 H&B PowerBilt Citation 4 wood
1984 Ben Hogan Apex PC 2-E   1968 Wilson Dual Wedge
1964 Acushnet O-SET M6S Bullseye Putter

New stuff
Cobra ZL 10.5 driver (Matrix HD6 s-flex)  Titleist TSR2 18* fairway wood (Matrix Code-8 s-flex)   Adams A2P 20* hybrid (Rombax 8D07HB s-flex)
Titleist 716 MB irons 4-PW (Apex 4 soft-stepped)    Callaway Mack Daddy wedges 52, 56, 60 (DG S200)
Odyssey ProType 9 putter

I have bought most of my equipment used and yes im a club ho but beacuse i have bought most of equipment used i have i guess save a lot ;). Like stated above one does not need latest a greats all the time. So i guess one can say you can buy great equipment and be around 1k. But if your into the latest and greatest and retail prices i think there is no way staying under 1k more like 3k. This is not even talking about tour equipment :). I guess its hard for us WRX to have a bag under 1k and yes it more like 3k on what we carry of equipment to just to hit and follow a little round ball around a grass field. Its a great work out ;) and im glad i do :)

TM R9 = $200 (like new)
Titleist 909 3 & 5 FW = $240 for both (like new)
Mizuno MP 32 - $300 (Excellent condition)
Nike VR wedges 52 & 56 = $130 for both (like new)
Cameron Newport Beach = $125 (Excellent condition)

Just at the right place at the right time, $995 spent, of course all used but barely on most clubs in the bag. I still dont know how I got my two Titty FW's for so cheap, the 3 wood was still in the wrapper and yes both are real.

681T alone was well over 1k brand new in 2001 :(

[color=#0000cd][b]Taylormade M1 460 8.5* (2016) Tensei Pro Orange 70TX[/b][/color]
[color=#0000ff][b]TEE E8 Beta 13* 3 Wood Aldila Rogue Silver 70X[/b][/color]
[color=#0000ff][b]Callaway Razr X MB H Stamp 3-PW [/b][/color][color=#0000ff][b]DGX100[/b][/color]
[color=#0000ff][b]Titleist Vokey SM6 50* | SM5 54* | 58*[/b][/color]
[color=#b22222][b]Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2 34" Super Stroke Slim 3.0 CounterCore[/b][/color]

[color=#0000cd][b]Callaway FT-9 Tour 8.5* iMix Fubuki Tour 63X[/b][/color]
[color=#0000ff][b]Titleist 681T 2-PW DGS400[/b][/color]
[b]Odyssey Protype ix #1 34" Super Stroke Slim 3.0[/b]

Driver=$380 with aftermarket Motore F1 shaft upgrade
Fairway=$170
Hybrid=$150
Irons=$740 with KBS Tours shaft upgrade
Wedges=$360 with KBS Tours shaft upgrade
Putter=$120

Total=$1920

Brand new PINGS ready for 2010 play :man_in_love:

PXG Black Ops 10.5* w/Fujikura Motore F3
PING G425 Max 3 wood w/ALTA CB 65 Slate

Taylormade Stealth 15* w/Hzrdus RDX 75

SRIXON 3 (22°) Utility Iron w/Recoil Dart F3   
PXG 0317T (5-W) w/Recoil Dart F4

PXG Sugar Daddy II 56* w/Recoil Dart F4

VOKEY SM9 50° & 60° w/Tensei AV
L.A.B. Golf DF 2.1 w/Accra Shaft (Black on Black)
PRO V1x

I've long had an eye for good deals and my golfing is no exception. My wife and I live largely debt free (other than law school loans) and I'm not going to ruin a good thing to have the "newest" toy. Don't get me wrong, I would love to have a custom set of Scratch blades, but I can't rationalize the expense, for now.

[b]Driver - $130 [/b]
(Bridgestone J33 460, VS Proto shaft, bought 5 minutes after it was traded in from a guy who won it in a club tournament, the shop couldn't list it as new so they put in on the used rack still in its wrapper)

[b]3 wood - $75 after shaft upgrade
5 wood - $60 after shaft upgrade[/b]
(Cleveland Launcher Titanium 3 wood and Tour Issue Launcher 5 wood, both shafted with closeout Pink Aldila NV 85-S shafts)

[b]3-Pw, Irons - $300[/b]
(Bridgestone J36 Pocket Cavity, Project X Flighted, my most recent addition, still haven't had a chance to hit them)

[b]52, 56, 60, Wedges - $100[/b]
(Srixon 504 wedges, bought off the GolfWRX BST)

[b]Putter - $ 40[/b]
(Bronze Ping Anser. I have many, many putters, but this one makes it to the course most often)

[b]Bag - $80[/b]
(Titleist x-86)

[b]Total - $785[/b][u][/u] However all of the clubs were purchased used or on sale and with trades or store credit. I imagine my out of the pocket expenses might be 50% of my total.

[quote name='iteachgolf ' post='2128002' date='Dec 16 2009, 12:27 AM']I have paid well under $1,000 for my bag, actually closer to $300 but what it's worth is another story. There are a few perks to being in the industry.[/quote]

I guess and say most of that 300 was the oban, diamana and altus. I counted mine up earlier and it was around 1900. I was shocked, I felt like I always shopped around and got the best deals. Golf really [i][b]is[/b][/i] expensive. Can't imagine what I'd do if my bag ever got jacked.

[quote name='Lefty Cat' post='2128012' date='Dec 16 2009, 01:34 AM'][quote name='iteachgolf ' post='2128002' date='Dec 16 2009, 12:27 AM']I have paid well under $1,000 for my bag, actually closer to $300 but what it's worth is another story. There are a few perks to being in the industry.[/quote]

I guess and say most of that 300 was the oban, diamana and altus. I counted mine up earlier and it was around 1900. I was shocked, I felt like I always shopped around and got the best deals. Golf really [i][b]is[/b][/i] expensive. Can't imagine what I'd do if my bag ever got jacked.
[/quote]
I think my bag would cost about 6k+ to replace not counting the huge stash I have laying around haha. Shafts are worth way more than the 300 but luckily didn't have to buy any of them. Altus is a lime green one so it makes it extra pricey. I paid for the PNT2 head (way less than going rate) and the BTY Proto when they first came out. Got a new 3 wood and hybrid coming so it may go to a totally free bag soon :D

Is that totally free bag going to include a "Real McCoy custom" or are you going to be putting with those great looking wedges? :D

[quote name='iteachgolf ' post='2128024' date='Dec 16 2009, 12:40 AM'][quote name='Lefty Cat' post='2128012' date='Dec 16 2009, 01:34 AM'][quote name='iteachgolf ' post='2128002' date='Dec 16 2009, 12:27 AM']I have paid well under $1,000 for my bag, actually closer to $300 but what it's worth is another story. There are a few perks to being in the industry.[/quote]

[/quote]
I think my bag would cost about 6k+ to replace not counting the huge stash I have laying around haha. Shafts are worth way more than the 300 but luckily didn't have to buy any of them. Altus is a lime green one so it makes it extra pricey. I paid for the PNT2 head (way less than going rate) and the BTY Proto when they first came out. Got a new 3 wood and hybrid coming so it may go to a totally free bag soon :D
[/quote]

Still putting with my damascus putter for now, and will get a putter made by Jeff when he has more time.
[quote name='Lefty Cat' post='2128037' date='Dec 16 2009, 01:46 AM']Is that totally free bag going to include a "Real McCoy custom" or are you going to be putting with those great looking wedges? :D

[quote name='iteachgolf ' post='2128024' date='Dec 16 2009, 12:40 AM'][quote name='Lefty Cat' post='2128012' date='Dec 16 2009, 01:34 AM'][quote name='iteachgolf ' post='2128002' date='Dec 16 2009, 12:27 AM']I have paid well under $1,000 for my bag, actually closer to $300 but what it's worth is another story. There are a few perks to being in the industry.[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]
[/quote]