How many WRX have $1k bags

m-benzw203

Driver: $180.00 (R7 head, Graphite Designs 75g S YSQ shaft)
3 wood: $150.00 (R7 CGB, stock 65g S TM shaft, 1/2" tipped and 1/4" butt end)
hybrid 3: $80.00 (TM, 70g Grafalloy Prolaunch red)
hybrid 4: $75.00 Adams pro gold (gasp! stock! Aldila proto 80g S, love it)
irons 5-PW: $ ... :) ... Callaway Prototype X, spined Project X 5.5
52/56/60: $ 210.00 Nike SV Tour forged, Rifle 5.5 spinner shafts
Putter: $55.00 TM Rossa Siena

Hardware alone I am at ~ $1,400... LOL it was a bit lower of a number prior to my Protos ;) with the MP32s... that does not include the bag or GPS or balls or grips or cleats or tees or gloves etc.

A bag of left-handed junk.
Driver: SIM Max 10.5 Blue Smoke RDX 6.5
Apex UW 19* Black Smoke RDX 6.5
4-PW: Callaway Prototype PX 6.5 LZ
60, 56, 52: Callaway Mack Daddy, KBS Tour S
Cameron Select Newport 2

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I shake my head at how rude they are for asking; then say nono.gif sorry but if you have to ask then you can afford. I feel the same about what I spend on golf equipment and all other possessions.

I assume thats supposed to be "then you can't afford it", I don't think that's true, finding out the cost of something before you buy it is prudent and good business sense.

Anyway, on to the bag.

Titleist 905R $80 from the BST

Adams Hybrids (16 & 20) $100 "

Mizuono MP32's $225 used from Golfsmith

Mizuon MP T10 Wedges $100 Ebay

Mizuno Bett. BC6 Putter $120 I used $20 cash and 100 credit from tourn. winnings(50 entry fee, so really maybe $70)

--------------

$625 I really like this setup for what it costs. Couple of bags(1 carry & 1 cart) do bring it close to 1K

Ok, I'll play, but mine isn't nearly as impressive as most here.

driver- $190 used + $110 reshaft = $300
3 wood- $100
18* hybrid- $90
23* hybrid- $60
irons- $230 +/-
53* wedge- $80
60* wedge- $30
putter- $70
bag- $100
pull cart- $30

Total- $1090

Wow, I didn't think it would be that much. Well, with just the clubs its under 1k!

Vomit inducing thought just to add up the gamers let alone the items I have lying around, in the garage, in the closet, etc.

Driver: 3458 Proto with Lime TP6x I BST'd for $600
FW: 13.5 Adams 3446 with Lime 8M2 for $450
Brids: Peanuts with white HM2s $500
MP58/68: $750
Scratch 52 and Vokey 58 M: $450
Napa Limited 2006: $700

Yep, just about $3500 without the bag, shoes, balls, lessons, etc.

Yeah it is a bunch but over the past 7 years I've tallied up probably 275-300K in education, mostly scholarships and a couple grants but that money came from somewhere . . . now that is a sick number to think about.

Whatever though, I work ~55 hours a week and enjoy my free time. Thank goodness nobody wants me to tally up how much I've put into my car . . .

Haiku as a sig?
They may be overrated
But I'm rocking one!
WITB:
balls, clubs, keys to your moms place...

It's really hard to stay under $1k in Canada unless you buy complete golf sets and those even are close for the better ones.

R7 425 Driver - $250
Ping G10 4 wood - $120 (heavily used demo)
Ping G5 19° hybrid - $225 (gift from my brother)
R7 irons 4 - AW - $700
Cleveland CG10 56° BP - $90
Oddyssey putter - $90
Ogio Vaporlite bag - $150

I spent a total of $1400 and my bro contributed another $225 for a grand total of $1625. He bought nearly the same setup as me but didn't haggle with the golf shop and didn't wait for any deals and paid nearly $400 more than me.

Other clubs that I bought that I don't use are:

Fg59 irons (#133 for Canada) 3 - P - $450 (unused demo)
Burner 3w - $110 (heavily used demo)

This is a pretty interesting topic, though I'm thinking I'm alot happier after reading it than most of you. I work at a golf course so I get things at a discount, at cost, or sometimes even free. I changed my whole setup last year with the exception of bag and hybrids, and am still less than the 1k mark.

Driver- $120, with trade ins it was free
Burner TP 3 wood- $75 from a member
Adams Idea Pro 3H and 4H- Got them with the Idea Pro irons, but I figure I paid roughly $100 each
Callaway 07 X Forged- a member that's a huge club ho gave them to me, only the P, 6, and 3 had even been hit, he had 3 sets
Callaway X Forged raw wedges- 3x $50 apiece from my pro, the 56 had seen one range session and the other two were still in the wrapping
PING Eye2 SW- free from a friend when I started golf
PING Eye2+ LW- $36 on the bay
Rife Two Bar Hybrid- $60 from a co-worker plus $9 for the jumbo grip
Bushnell Pinseeker 1500- free from the pro, it was in the lost and found for over a year and he ended up giving it to me

I know this is more than 14 clubs, the wedges get swapped out depending on the conditions and how I'm playing. It looks like my total is around $650 in all, the bag was around $120 but it was a gift from my parents, even with it added I'm still well under $1000. I am planning to get fitted at a PING nFLIGHT center in a few weeks and will probably update the driver and 3wood, depending on shafts that could put me over the mark but it'll be well worth it

My total for 1 set of irons, 2 drivers, 4 putters, 3 hybrids, 6 wedges, 1 walking bag and 1 riding bag, 3 fairway woods is 2181. I keep a spreadsheet for my golf clubs and guitar/amps.

Mizuno ST-Max 10.5 Smoke RDX 50 5.5, AI Smoke 10.5 with HZRDOUS RDX RED 50 5.5

Mizuno ST-MaX 5 stock Kail'l R

Mizuno ST-Max 7 stock Kail'l R

AI Smoke HL 7-AW Nippon Neo 85

AI Smoke 7/8 Hybrid HZRDOUS Siver 65 Gen 4 5.5

Cleveland Full Face 52

Cleveland Full Face 56

Odyssey Jailbird 380

Titelist prov1x/Callaway Chrome Soft

This topic would be much more.... challenging if you asked GolfWRX's to post if they had _under_ 1 grand invested in their bags.

I feel like I've stopped Ho'ing for now, and my bag is well over 1G....

My 'backup' bag is well over 1G

My stuff I don't consider backup anymore (IE: laying around the basement) MIGHT be under 1G but probably not considering putters and blades.... this is just depressing me. :russian_roulette:

2 x Callaway FT-3 - £300

1 x Callaway FT-3 tour - £110

1 x Cleveland Hibore - £70

1 x Cleveland Hibore XL tour - £120

3 x 905r's - £250

1 x TEE exotic driver - £80

1 x Burner - £150

1 x Burner TP - £150

2 x Mizuno MP600 - £150

1 x Nike Dymo - £150

1 x Nike SQ tour - £75

1 x Ben Hogan CS-3 - £120

1 x Superquad - £90

= £1815

1 x Burner - £120

1 x Burner tp - £145

1 x Ping G10 - £200

1 x Mizuno F-60 - £110

1 x 904f - £70

1 x TM rescue dual - £110

1 x TM RD Tp - £70

1 x 906F2 - £90

1 x Callaway Fusion - £120

1 x Callaway FT - £80

1 x Cobra x speed - £80

1 x Mizuno CLK Fli hi - £70

1 x Mizuno MP Fli hi - £80

= £1275

1 x Titleist 755's - £150

2 x Mizuno MP33's - £100

1 x Callaway X Forged - £250

1 x Ben Hogan apex plus - £90

1 x Mizuno MP67 - £425

= £1015

1 x Vokey - £40

2 x Mizuno MP-T's - £80

1 x Fourteen - £75

1 x Callaway X forged - £0

= £195

1 x Macgregor - £50

1 x Yes - £10

3 x Scotty - £250

2 x Odyssey - £250

1 x Bettinardi - £180

= £690

1 x Titleist pencil bag - £30

1 x Callaway Warbird - £90

1 x Mizuno SC - £30

= £150

Total - £5140 - trade in values comes up to around £3000

WTF.gifsorry.gifsorry.gifrussian_roulette.gifrussian_roulette.gifrussian_roulette.gifrussian_roulette.gifrtfm.gifrussian_roulette.gifrtfm.gifrussian_roulette.gifrussian_roulette.gifrussian_roulette.gifrussian_roulette.gifsorry.gifsorry.gifWTF.gif

crazy2.gifsorry.gifsorry.gifcrazy2.gif

This is 2 and a half seasons :p

Disclaimer... not meant to be personalized. :rolleyes: It doesn't matter how much someone spends on a bag of clubs, it's how he/she uses them. I'd rather see someone with a rag tag bag of scruffy used clubs that's knocking down the pin vs. someone that's mastered the art of looking :beach: good and spending $$$$ on technology help yet can't find the green; all that's left is boasting about how much. :rofl:

• TSR2 9.25° Ventus Velo TR Blue 58
  • TSR2 15° AD VF 74
  • T200 17 2i° Tensei AV Raw White Hybrid 90
  • T100 3i to 9i MMT 105
  • T100 PW, SM9 F52/12, M58/8, PX Wedge 6.0 120
  • SC/CA Monterey
  • DASH -ProV1x & AVX

Pepperturbo I agree. I saw a guy at the home course the other day he yank hooked his drive. He had the latest and greatest golf clothes including a visor and a nice pair of shades. He walked and looked like a ******. He also held me up and played a 3 hour front 9. So he yank hooked his drive on nine. Walked over the fairway (cart path only) found his ball walked back to the cart grabbed his club. He said out loud, terrible lie I am laying up. You he lays up to the right of the lake in front of the green. After he hits the pitch shot out of t he rough he sprints to the top of the hill like he was goin for the pin ala Anthony Kim and Sergio Garcia. I just can't stand people like this.

Last week I ran into a guy with a brand new super-lite walking bag, somewhat new irons with fancy head covers, the latest driver and wood and hybrid long irons with aftermarket OEM expensive shafts; four nice wedges with plenty of bounce, a very expensive putter, about five fancy "named" bag tags, a towel hanging out of in his back pocket and a mighty cool gambling chip as his ball maker. Turns out he's been playing for twenty five + years, never walks, and finished 18 with 99+.black%20eye.gif You can be his bag was over 2k.

• TSR2 15° AD VF 74
  • T100 3i to 9i MMT 105
  • SC/CA Monterey
  • DASH -ProV1x & AVX

Last week I ran into a guy with a brand new super-lite walking bag, somewhat new irons with fancy head covers, the latest driver and wood and hybrid long irons with aftermarket OEM expensive shafts; four nice wedges with plenty of bounce, a very expensive putter, about five fancy "named" bag tags, a towel hanging out of in his back pocket and a mighty cool gambling chip as his ball maker. Turns out he's been playing for twenty five + years, never walks, and finished 18 with 99+.black%20eye.gif You can be his bag was over 2k.

Some people are able to just enjoy being out there regardless of score. Personally, I rage if I shoot anything near 90, even tho I've only been consistently playing for 2-3 years, I expect to be low to mid 80s for whatever reason (not out of the question and not a huge accomplishment, but due to my time invested, probably a bit lower than I should be considering).

One day I hope to be able to enjoy golf for it being golf as opposed to my enjoyment level being so closely related to my score/how I'm playing.

$300 used Mizuno irons
$45 Ignite Head with a $15 Penley shaft from Ebay.
$25 Mizuno TZoid Sand Wedge, used
Free Vokey 60 LW (Member Guest Tee Gift)
Free Ping J Bag (won in a outing about 4 years ago)
$75 Guerin Rife 460 Tour Blade (99 minus the price match discount for Golfsmith's recent sale)
$20 Nickent 3DX Pro FW (closeout head on Ebay) with $25 Penley Stealth 80 shaft.

Total: about $475. I think I'm the golf retail industry's worst nightmare: an avid equipment junkie that almost can't bring himself to buy anything new except for putters...

And those are the expensive Mizunos that I just put back in the bag to replace the $29.00 (yep) set of Mizuno MP Grads I bought at the local GG last year.

Driver: $100 (I know it's regular flex, but I have no idea what the shaft is after owning it for over a year)
3 & 5 woods: $60 (set of 2)
irons: $300 (3-pw)
wedges: $50 (set of 3)
putter: $10 (adjusted for inflation after 28 years puts it at about $30)
bag: $80

no range finder, pull/ push cart or backup sets

the balls average under $1 each

total: $600

To OP: Kinda hard NOT to have a $1k bag nowadays? Hell, a new set of custom irons alone is around $600-$800 bucks alone, thats just for the irons. You're not including: Driver/3 wood/hybrids/wedges/putter. You're easily looking @ between $1,200- $1,600 bucks for a good, custom made, set of clubs, that should last you about 5-8 years.

Unless you're one of the select few that can play some OTR stuff(and those are very few), you're looking to spend what I said above. I priced out my set I'm going to be buying here in the next few months: Between $1,200-$1,500, & thats hoping the guy cuts me a deal on some stuff. s***, a good bag costs over $100 bucks these days.

My Cobra S2 irons-$550-$600
Cobra ZL Driver-$250-$320
Cally FT Fusion 3 Hybrid-$150-$200
Ping G15 3 wood-$150-$200
Cally FT Fusion-4 Hybrid-$150-$200
Scratch/Vokey Wedges-$300-$400

Now it's closer to $1600...golf's not cheap. But, I figure I dont have to tinker, and keep buying other stuff now, so I save $$$ in the long run. Guys who buy expensive drivers each year, more power to them, but you're wasting $$$ IMO. Why not just get the one you have reshafted, or re adjusted? The guy I'm going to in L.A. will hook me up, he's already said so. I could save around $200-$400 bucks w/him.

Just sayin.

G15 7.5* with AXIV red, $330
Ping S57 irons $990
Bobby Jones wedges S & G, $200
Cleveland Hybrid 2i $60
Adams Speedline 3 wood $90
Machine M2A Putter with additional shaft, $630

$2300 :rolleyes:

Driver: Taylormade Stealth 2+ 9*, Proxima 5X 

Fairways: Callaway - Rogue ST LS 13.5* & Fujikura Red TR 5S // Callaway Diablo Edge Tour 15* & Miyazaki C Kua 43S

Hybrid:   Cobra Speedzone 3 hybrid 19*

Irons:       Ping i530 5-PW AWT 2.0 matte black shafts, JumboMax STR8 Ultralite grips
Wedges: Cleveland CBX2 48, Ben Hogan Equalizer 52*, Cleveland Full Face 56*, KBS TGI 100 shafts
Putter:     LAB Golf Mezz.1 ACCRA shaft / Directed Force Reno "2.05 Presse IV tweaked" Putter with OG BGT Stability shaft
Srixon XV 5/6 or Vice Pro Plus. JumboMax STR8 Ultralite grips

Moe Norman/Graves Single Plane Swing

[quote][b]Some people are able to just enjoy being out there regardless of score[/b]. Personally, I rage if I shoot anything near 90, even tho I've only been consistently playing for 2-3 years, I expect to be low to mid 80s for whatever reason (not out of the question and not a huge accomplishment, but due to my time invested, probably a bit lower than I should be considering).

[b]One day I hope to be able to enjoy golf for it being golf as opposed to my enjoyment level being so closely related to my score/how I'm playing.[/b] [/quote]

This would be me. Yeah, Im about to spend some SERIOUS cashola on a new/custom made set of clubs, but, I dont get all Tiger on the course, throwing clubs, and all when I f&^% up. I just remind myself that it's a game, a frustrating game, that I enjoy. Eventually, I will get better. Being a ****** on the course makes the game not so fun IMO. Im just out there to have fun, get exercise, meet new people, and enjoy myself. I'm no tour player, and I dont pretend to be.

Driver: 9.5* Cobra ZL - Diamana Flowerband Whiteboard S-73 x5ct (also have the stock shaft) - $500.00

4 Wood: Taylormade R9 17* - Fujikura Motore 70 stiff - $160.00

3h - Taylormade Rescue 19* 65 ReAx stiff - $130.00

Irons: Scratch AR-1 4-PW KBS Tour Stiff and Scratch SB-1 8-PW KBS Tour Stiff - $1500.00

Wedge 1: Cleveland CG-15 50* KBS Wedge - $120.00

Wedge 2: Scratch 55* 1018 KBS Wedge - $149.00

Wedge 3: Scratch 60* 1018 KBS Wedge - $149.00

Putters: Scratch Nead Prototype in Black, More Scratch, Some TP Mills, Gauge, Bobby Grace, Byron Morgan, Peretti ... the list goes on. - $3600.00 in putters .... black%20eye.gif

Bag: Callaway Fusion 9.5 Staff - $249.00

GPS: Skycaddy SG 2.5 $100.00

Various clubs laying around: $1000

Total: $7657.00

Being a 7 handicap and having fun trying to become scratch: PRICELESS

Some people are able to just enjoy being out there regardless of score. Personally, I rage if I shoot anything near 90, even tho I've only been consistently playing for 2-3 years, I expect to be low to mid 80s for whatever reason (not out of the question and not a huge accomplishment, but due to my time invested, probably a bit lower than I should be considering).

One day I hope to be able to enjoy golf for it being golf as opposed to my enjoyment level being so closely related to my score/how I'm playing.

Reaching the point where enjoyment of golf has nothing to do with the actual "game" of golf isn't likely to happen for me. Who can really enjoy shanks, hooking, 4-5 putts and carding nose bleed scores? :scare2:

It's hard to believe some people actually look for reasons to look cool and be outside, so they spend thousands on equipment and golf? Seems if all that's sought is a reason to be cool and outside, looking cool and taking a walk with no distractions or friends would be the better choice.

I wish you well on your "hope".

• TSR2 15° AD VF 74
  • T100 3i to 9i MMT 105
  • SC/CA Monterey
  • DASH -ProV1x & AVX

Driver-$165 Shaft, $85 Head
Fwy Metals-$65/each
Irons-$265
Wedges-$145/pair