2024 PGA Championship WITB Photos ×

Dear Left-handed golfer I saw at the range last night

Range Rant!
To the left-handed golfer I saw at the range last night:

Since there were only four of us at the range (Me, my two friends, and you) you could have chosen any of a dozen stalls. You, however chose the one right in front of me. So there we were, standing eyeball to eyeball, emptying the contents of a couple of large buckets, except you seemed more preoccupied with your cell phone and whoever was texting/emailing/calling you at the time. Your cigarette stinks, but at least you were downwind from us. But the most annoying thing of all was they way you kept looking up at me to see if I was watching you. Yes, you hit the ball very hard, neat. But it is a bit unnerving to look up and see you watching me after every shot. Next time, go ahead and take the stall behind me so we don't have to look at each other like that. Maybe we'll just have a moon landing.

Regards,
The right-handed golfer

PS--your grip sucks too!

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is actually very funny annoying if it actually happened to me but i have had alot of right handed golfers do this to me. I probably would have gotten my bag and moved just because I hate people like that. Take it to the course tell him next time

:taylormade-small: Qi10 LS Driver 10.5D (Graphite Design Tour AD DI 6x) 
:taylormade-small: Qi10 3 Fairway 15.0D (Tensei AV Raw Blue 75tx) 

Callaway   Apex UW 19.0D (Tensei AV Raw Blue 85tx)
:taylormade-small: P7MC/P770 Irons (KBS $-Taper 120s) (5-PW)/(4i) Lamkin Crossline Cord (All Metals / Irons)
 :taylormade-small:MG4 Wedges 50.09, 56.12, 60.08 (KBS $-Taper 120s)
:titleist:Scotty Cameron Champions Choice NP2 33.5" - Lamkin Deep Etched Cord

Since smoking, texting and giving you that come hither look isn't a left handed trait you are just mad that this tool landed on your right hand side.

This probably happens to you what ... 3 times a year. Happens to me 3+ days a week.

Best example of leftism I've experienced. Righty next to me at the range one morning told me to mind my shadow (fairly unpleasant tone). I hadn't noticed, apologized, then minded my shadow for the next half hour. Next day, mid afternoon I see him, same spot. I get right next to him just to see if he returns the favor with the minding of the shadow ... nope. I returned his request (victory in my tone no doubt). He left, I finished his bucket.

I love the idea of a person .... but people ruin it.

golow(TM)

[quote name='golow' date='18 May 2010 - 10:50 PM' timestamp='1274237443' post='2452008']
Since smoking, texting and giving you that come hither look isn't a left handed trait you are just mad that this tool landed on your right hand side.

This probably happens to you what ... 3 times a year. Happens to me 3+ days a week.

Best example of leftism I've experienced. Righty next to me at the range one morning told me to mind my shadow (fairly unpleasant tone). I hadn't noticed, apologized, then minded my shadow for the next half hour. Next day, mid afternoon I see him, same spot. I get right next to him just to see if he returns the favor with the minding of the shadow ... nope. I returned his request (victory in my tone no doubt). He left, I finished his bucket.

golow™
[/quote]

LOL, funny story. When I get into my zone, my shadow has a mind of its own.

[quote name='golow' date='18 May 2010 - 09:50 PM' timestamp='1274237443' post='2452008']

golow™
[/quote]

Poor Right handed player!! We have to deal with this all/every range session that I/we (lefties) have. All you right handed people watching us hit like we are Phil! Doesn't bother me though, I'm used to people watching now after playing for 20 years. Oh I smoke and I respect others and will go sit on the bench or away from everyone so my nasty habit doesn't bother anyone. OP, put your big boy underwear on and deal with it.

Not trying to start a fight! Just remember this doesn;t just bother right handers.

Titleist TSi3 Oban Devotion 04
Titleist 910F UST Mamiya Black

Titleist 910H UST Mamiya Red
Mizuno MP-68 4-W KBS C Taper Stiff+
Mizuno MP T-11 52,56,60 KBS Custom Stiff
Ping Kushin 4
Titleist Pro V1

[quote name='golfingchuck' date='18 May 2010 - 09:59 PM' timestamp='1274237950' post='2452030']
Poor Right handed player!! We have to deal with this all/every range session that I/we (lefties) have. All you right handed people watching us hit like we are Phil! Doesn't bother me though, I'm used to people watching now after playing for 20 years. Oh I smoke and I respect others and will go sit on the bench or away from everyone so my nasty habit doesn't bother anyone. OP, put your big boy underwear on and deal with it.

Not trying to start a fight! Just remember this doesn;t just bother right handers.
[/quote]
Easy now lefties... I was just making a funny rant about how awkward it is at the range with this one guy who insisted on making it MORE awkward by looking up at me constantly to see if I was watching him. You know how you get that feeling that someone is looking at you? So you look up, and then see them look down quickly.

For me, range time is similar to urinal time--You choose the furthest stall from anyone else, keep your hands on your own equipment, and don't make eye contact!

(I live in Clear Lake btw... and this episode was out at Beacon Lakes)

Dear Right-Handed golfer,

Yes we know we play from the "wrong side of the ball" and ...oh wait, what's that?...You are too funny, I have never heard that joke about lefties before. You are so clever and original! :rolleyes:

And yes, I'm always facing one of you at the driving range and no I don't appreciate it when you pull the cart up to the wrong side of the ball...repeatedly.

And yes, I would love to try your TM rac TP MB irons but, as with most high end stuff, it's rh only.

Thanks for listening, I feel better.

Lefty

:tongue:

Dear Right-Handed golfer,

Yes we know we play from the "wrong side of the ball" and ...oh wait, what's that?...You are too funny, I have never heard that joke about lefties before. You are so clever and original! rolleyes.gif

And yes, I'm always facing one of you at the driving range and no I don't appreciate it when you pull the cart up to the wrong side of the ball...repeatedly.

And yes, I would love to try your TM rac TP MB irons but, as with most high end stuff, it's rh only.

Thanks for listening, I feel better.

Lefty

tongue.gif

For once ;Please look over AFTER I finish zipping up,Thank you

Adams 9015D w/X con4,Ping G20 w/HD6& [color=#0000CD Mizuno JPX 900 5 & 7 woods,Mashie 3 & 4
Bridgestone J40 DPC’s & S3 Pro’s,Mizuno S7 54 & 58
[color=#FF0000]Bettinardi SS7, BC1,Ping Anser 1968 BeCu

[quote name='stevestrike' date='19 May 2010 - 12:43 AM' timestamp='1274244222' post='2452276']
[quote name='golfingchuck' date='18 May 2010 - 09:59 PM' timestamp='1274237950' post='2452030']

[/quote]
Easy now lefties... I was just making a funny rant about how awkward it is at the range with this one guy who insisted on making it MORE awkward by looking up at me constantly to see if I was watching him. You know how you get that feeling that someone is looking at you? So you look up, and then see them look down quickly.

[b]For me, range time is similar to urinal time--You choose the furthest stall from anyone else, keep your hands on your own equipment, and don't make eye contact![/b]

[/quote]

Hilarious!!

Out of the 16 or so regulars in our Saturday skins game, at least 5 of them are lefties. I've played with each of them many times, but one fateful morning I played with 3 of them at once in my foursome.

Yes, lefty boomers, for 18 puzzling holes, I was the oddball righty. It was a walking round for me, so no wrong sided cart mishaps, but on some greens and tees I found myself standing in the wrong spot.

With that many in our game, they all have the opportunity to try each others backwards stuff. I've even demoed a left handed 7 iron or two!

LEP89.jpg

X________________________________ Sign Here

Cell phone etiquette, texting, and general a$$hole-ism are rude and annoying, regardless of the d-bag's dexterity.

Mizuno ST200G 9° / Aldila Synergy Black Proto 75-TX   
TC Callaway XHot 3DEEP 13° / Graphite Design DI-10 TX

TC Callaway X2Hot 5DEEP 18.5° bent to 17° / Fujikura Ventus Black 10x

Callaway X-Forged UT 21° / Fujikura Ventus Black 10-TX

Callaway X-Forged UT 25° / Nippon Super Peening Blue X hs1x 

Raw Mizuno MP-32 6-PW / Nippon Super Peening Blue X hs1x 

Titleist Vokey SM8 Black 50.08F / Nippon Super Peening Blue X Stage-stepped
Titleist Vokey SM8 Black 54.12D / Nippon Super Peening Blue X Stage-stepped

Titleist Vokey SM8 Black 58.14K / Nippon Super Peening Blue X Stage-stepped
Mizuno M-Craft I Blue Ion 365g / Stability Shaft

To the left-handed golfer I saw at the range last night:

Since there were only four of us at the range (Me, my two friends, and you) you could have chosen any of a dozen stalls. You, however chose the one right in front of me. So there we were, standing eyeball to eyeball, emptying the contents of a couple of large buckets, except you seemed more preoccupied with your cell phone and whoever was texting/emailing/calling you at the time. Your cigarette stinks, but at least you were downwind from us. But the most annoying thing of all was they way you kept looking up at me to see if I was watching you. Yes, you hit the ball very hard, neat. But it is a bit unnerving to look up and see you watching me after every shot. Next time, go ahead and take the stall behind me so we don't have to look at each other like that. Maybe we'll just have a moon landing.

Regards,

The right-handed golfer

PS--your grip sucks too!

Dear Righty

I'm sorry my LH brother from another mother had to choose a stall next to yours. I'm sorry he was blocking your view of some guy's butt 3 stalls over. I'm sorry he chose to smoke....probably just wanted to speed up the lung cancer to end his miserable left handed life. I'm sorry he kept looking at you.......probably just wanted to see what clubs you were using knowing that they were not made for his kind. I'm sorry his grip sucked........Jack, Tiger, Arnie don't write books, make videos or give tips for those on our side. Next time he'll just go to the very end of the range and grab the wet, slimy mat and turn it around like I usually do to hit a few tee shots.......so he can have a prayer of putting it in the fairway on a dogleg right.

Oh and I'm sure that phone call was to move the steering wheel to right side of his car. bye.gif

[quote name='stevestrike' date='18 May 2010 - 06:30 PM' timestamp='1274232628' post='2451715']
... But the most annoying thing of all was they way you kept looking up at me to see if I was watching you. Yes, you hit the ball very hard, neat. But it is a bit unnerving to look up and see you watching me after every shot...
[/quote]

Funny, I'll bet he was thinking THE EXACT SAME THING.

[quote name='stevestrike' date='18 May 2010 - 11:43 PM' timestamp='1274244222' post='2452276']

[/quote]

For me, range time is similar to urinal time--You choose the furthest stall from anyone else, keep your hands on your own equipment, and don't make eye contact!

[/quote]

I grew up in Humble. I think it is funny and i'm not getting my panties twisted. I will from now on until the end of time always hit next to a righty in the stall next to them. Oh wait I always do that now. I like watching other people swing and compare to myself ball flights and their swing mechanics. But I will never smoke next to anyone playing golf, not even in the cart if i'm playing with someone I just met! I always let a righty swing watch and then hit my ball! I like this topic!

I will also give advice at the range when people don't ask!

Ping Kushin 4
Titleist Pro V1

You guys are too funny, and I got a real kick out of this thread. At least someone got the Modern Family reference too!

I saw the guy out there again tonight, and he was taking video of his swing-at the very end of the range too! Maybe he read this post? I'll look around and see if he posted it here by chance. Wouldn't that take the cake?

Dear righties in my weekly scramble,

Please quit marking on the green to the right side of the ball and give me an awkard look when I step up and give you the eye since I'm giving the read ball anyways.

Only person I stand eye to eye on the range with if I can help it is my wife, but then she's not appreciative of the grass flung her way on a real bad push slice. Though any cutie in a low cut top will do in a pinch.

[quote name='brooky333' date='20 May 2010 - 03:08 AM' timestamp='1274342889' post='2455068']
At My range there are only 2 Left handed stalls

So there is little choose and sometimes i have to wait until one comes free

but i agree with you about smoking and cell phone etc.

we should all treat the range as if we were on the coarse ( except dress code IMO)

brooky333

lefty all the way!!
[/quote]

Brooky, are you kidding about the left handed stalls! oh wait i'm little slow! We only have 2 right handed sluts, i mean slots/stalls at our club. lol i love this topic

Ping Kushin 4
Titleist Pro V1

How exactly is a stall left or right handed?

Steve - I couldnt help but laugh at the story.

Being one of few lefties that I see at my course, I like to take the far left slot at the range so that my back is to everyone else. If that is not doable, I will always avoid standing directly next to someone (face to face or back to back), unless the only open slots leave me no choice. At that point, the righties that are uncomfortable can just get over it.

Remind me next time to stand right across from you at the range. I'll even stare you down. lol

[quote name='golfingchuck' date='20 May 2010 - 01:47 PM' timestamp='1274359630' post='2455223']
[quote name='brooky333' date='20 May 2010 - 03:08 AM' timestamp='1274342889' post='2455068']
At My range there are only 2 Left handed stalls

So there is little choose and sometimes i have to wait until one comes free

but i agree with you about smoking and cell phone etc.

we should all treat the range as if we were on the coarse ( except dress code IMO)

brooky333

lefty all the way!!
[/quote]

Brooky, are you kidding about the left handed stalls! oh wait i'm little slow! We only have 2 right handed sluts, i mean slots/stalls at our club. lol i love this topic
[/quote]

At our driving range the mats are split into a area of hard mat for standing on and a area of softer longer stranded mat with an automatic ball feeder arrangement with a built in tee. this can be lowered or raised to suit.
But as you can see this is a right hand only stall (see photo)
I have tried hitting off the hard area but this is not good for the wrists or the elbows.

brooky333
[attachment=597461:driving-range.png]

Lefties:
How many times have you heard "lefties can draw the ball easier than right handed golfers because it's they're natural swing" I heard that so many times, usually at the range. They (righties) really must think it is instilled in lefties from the get-go. I have spent many years perfecting my swing and I used to slice the ball with the best of them. :D

[quote name='golow' date='18 May 2010 - 10:50 PM' timestamp='1274237443' post='2452008']

golow™
[/quote]

LOL...good on you mate...I love just givin the arrogant sob something back!