I got my i20's thread

PINGWRXforeme

• Replies 928
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='golfpros1' timestamp='1334354408' post='4716956']
its impossible to find my specs on the bay. it's like all the freak show off ball specs are sold on there right now. isn't anyone +1/2 green dot or do they love their irons so much they would never list them? Seems like they are all like maroon dot or purple, and +1.5" or just straight off the rack stock. DARN IT
[/quote]

I picked mine up off the bay about a month ago.. March 8th I believe. 4-PW, +1/2", Green Dot. $600 shipped. I was happy! :)

Titleist TSi3 8* // TENSEI 1K Black 65s

Callaway Paradym Triple Diamond 15* // Kai'li 80x
Taylormade SLDR 17* Rescue // Speeder 9.3s
Taylormade SLDR 19* Rescue // Matrix Black Tie 95s
Srixon ZX5 4-PW // Nippon Modus 120s
50* & 56* Taylormade MG3 // Tour Issue S-200
Scotty Cameron Special Select Newport 2

its impossible to find my specs on the bay. it's like all the freak show off ball specs are sold on there right now. isn't anyone +1/2 green dot or do they love their irons so much they would never list them? Seems like they are all like maroon dot or purple, and +1.5" or just straight off the rack stock. DARN IT
[/quote]

I am, but I ain't sellin'!

+1/2 green dot, DGS300 hs once...

Ping G400 Max, 9.5, Tour 65 S Cobra AMP Cell 3+ (13) Taylormade RBZ 3HL (17) Wishon 775HS 3Hyb (21) - Modus 120X Mizuno JPX 919 Forged (5-G) - Modus 120X Mizuno S18 - 56 & 60 - Modus 120X Odyssey Sabertooth www.YourGolfHeadcovers.com

I finally got mine today, which were ordered 3/27. Apparantly there was a delay because of backordered Nippon Modus 3 shafts that I chose. They seem to have the darker finish on the face. The Customer Service rep that I talked to said that Ping hadn't made any changes in finishes, despite what many on this thread have said. At least that is what he told me. I'm just happy to have them -- might have to slide out a little early from work today....

Callaway Mavrik 10.5* HZRDS 6.0 55g
Cobra BioCell 3w PXi S
Callaway Mavrik 20* Catalyst 65 5.5

Callaway Mavrik 5h 23* Catalyst 65 5.5
Titleist DCI 962 2-PW DG S300
Cleveland 588 54*, Callaway PM Grind 58*
Cameron Mil-Spec 

[quote name='dave willie' timestamp='1334694816' post='4739724']
I finally got mine today, which were ordered 3/27. Apparantly there was a delay because of backordered Nippon Modus 3 shafts that I chose. They seem to have the darker finish on the face. [b]The Customer Service rep that I talked to said that Ping hadn't made any changes in finishes, despite what many on this thread have said.[/b] At least that is what he told me. I'm just happy to have them -- might have to slide out a little early from work today....
[/quote]

True! A lot of folks here are putting out bum info - there hasn't been any changes to the finish.

Handicap:  3

I got my irons in last Friday I think, been so busy iy is all bluring together. Im coming from the g20 and am around a 12 handicap. Was worried about forgiveness, but so far I seem to hit them better then the g20s. Maybe because I was properly fit, g20s green dot w modus3 stiff, i20 white dot cfs stiff.

I really like the short irons. So far I havent had to hit the 5 or 6 iron in my only round on the course, but on the range they just had a slight fade.

I hope my woods arrive tommorrow.

Ping G410 lst diamana bf
Ping g410lst 3 wood accra tz6
Epic flash 5 wood tensei blue
ping g410 tensei hybrid
Epon 705 5-gw Oban ct115
Callaway MD5 54/58
taylormade my spider 
ping hoofer
tp5x

[quote name='Buzzkill' timestamp='1334707672' post='4741008']
I finally got mine today, which were ordered 3/27. Apparantly there was a delay because of backordered Nippon Modus 3 shafts that I chose. They seem to have the darker finish on the face. [b]The Customer Service rep that I talked to said that Ping hadn't made any changes in finishes, despite what many on this thread have said.[/b] At least that is what he told me. I'm just happy to have them -- might have to slide out a little early from work today....
[/quote]

True! A lot of folks here are putting out bum info - there hasn't been any changes to the finish.
[/quote]

Their CS must be really confused also, as I had a rep tell me specifically that ALL orders, as of April 2 (when I ordered), would be in the new finish.

[quote name='Foreleft' timestamp='1334715778' post='4742048']
[/quote]

[/quote]

Their CS must be really confused also, as I had a rep tell me specifically that ALL orders, as of April 2 (when I ordered), would be in the new finish.
[/quote]

I guess we'll need Ping to chime in because they told me no such thing via phone con. Actually, that doesn't surprise me because I asked them on the phone if they could bend their fairway woods and they said no. I asked the same think on their facebook page and they said yes.

Just an update, had 4 rounds in and plenty of practice. I absolutely love the 7-w which I thought would be the problem given I'm coming from pure blades. I'm at least a club longer 7-w.

The issue is the long irons 3-5, which I'm finding incredibly harder to hit given their size and sole compared to my blades and currently am getting no distance benefit either. Admittedly I haven't hit them nearly as much as my shorter irons and am going through swing changes so it's tough but it's a bit bizarre that the longer irons are the challenge!

[quote name='Slugsy' timestamp='1334779088' post='4746674']
Just an update, had 4 rounds in and plenty of practice. I absolutely love the 7-w which I thought would be the problem given I'm coming from pure blades. I'm at least a club longer 7-w.

The issue is the long irons 3-5, which I'm finding incredibly harder to hit given their size and sole compared to my blades and currently am getting no distance benefit either. Admittedly I haven't hit them nearly as much as my shorter irons and am going through swing changes so it's tough but it's a bit bizarre that the longer irons are the challenge!
[/quote]

I'm having no problem with the long irons but here's a interesting note. My friend has the R11 irons and his lofts are stronger in the long irons (i.e his 4 iron is the same as our i20 3 iron. His lofts are almost one club stronger until they get to the 7 iron and then our lofts are the same up through the wedges).

I got mine yesterday. Ended up with red dot 4-w,u wedge and lob wedge. The jury is still out on them. They are definitely no longer than my mp29s maybe about a 1/2 club shorter. I am playing in a tournament tomorrow but not sure if I a m going to put them in play. Will report back after I have some more time with them. If they don't work out I will be putting the irons and possibly i20 driver on BST.

[quote name='knightd_2001' timestamp='1334800624' post='4748828']
I got mine yesterday. Ended up with red dot 4-w,u wedge and lob wedge. The jury is still out on them. They are definitely no longer than my mp29s maybe about a 1/2 club shorter. I am playing in a tournament tomorrow but not sure if I a m going to put them in play. Will report back after I have some more time with them. If they don't work out I will be putting the irons and possibly i20 driver on BST.
[/quote]

They have stronger lofts than your 29's. If you're not hitting the i20's as long as, if not longer than, your 29's then something isn't right. Could be your shafts.

[/quote]

Man our specs are the same and you hit it right on I love them... CFS Stiff and I hit them right on line. I hit em high and straight and U WONT SEE MY SET ON THE BAY NO TIME SOON... Good luck in your search... I usually buy my clubs from the bay but gave up and went to the PGA Store and got spec'd out.

They are great all around, 1/2 shots, chips and pitches.... what a great set of stix

TM SLDR with Motore Speeder
Cally XR 3 wood
Cally XHot 2 5w
Cally XR 7w
Ping G25 5i & 6i
Ping i20 CFS 7i - GW
Cally Jaws wedges 54* and 58*
Spider Daddy Long Legs 1st gen

[quote name='SoftFade_Ga' timestamp='1334890128' post='4755736']
[/quote]

Man our specs are the same and you hit it right on I love them... [b]CFS [/b]Stiff and I hit them right on line. I hit em high and straight and[b] U WONT SEE MY SET ON THE BAY NO TIME SOON[/b]... Good luck in your search... I usually buy my clubs from the bay but gave up and went to the PGA Store and got spec'd out.

They are great all around, 1/2 shots, chips and pitches.... what a great set of stix
[/quote]

Ping shafts are outstanding/solid and the CFS model is great. Too much negative B.S. from the dreamers/believers that think they need a special shaft - ain't going to happen! Shaft plays similar to a Dynamic Gold - what more could you want?

[quote name='Buzzkill' timestamp='1334894281' post='4756140']
[quote name='SoftFade_Ga' timestamp='1334890128' post='4755736']
[/quote]

Man our specs are the same and you hit it right on I love them... [b]CFS [/b]Stiff and I hit them right on line. I hit em high and straight and[b] U WONT SEE MY SET ON THE BAY NO TIME SOON[/b]... Good luck in your search... I usually buy my clubs from the bay but gave up and went to the PGA Store and got spec'd out.

[/quote]

Ping shafts are outstanding/solid and the CFS model is great. Too much negative B.S. from the dreamers/believers that think they need a special shaft - ain't going to happen! Shaft plays similar to a Dynamic Gold - what more could you want?
[/quote]

[size="3"]Similar to DG S300 not for me.[/size]

[size="3"]The CFS S is a great shaft IMO but higher launch than DG and I can gain 1 club in length with the CFS S over DG S300,the DG feels a good bit stiffer IMO[/size]

[size="3"] I was fitted by Ping and if I had not been fitted I would have went for CFS, as I had been trying various irons over a few weeks with the i20 and AP2 were my first choices.[/size]

[size="3"] But ended up with KBS Tour S now I have never been a fan, but fitted to the i20 head the combo was great just edged out the CFS not a lot in it a little more consistent with the KBS and a few yds longer, fitted at outdoor range on trackman as well, only managed 4 rounds with new clubs so far all is very good, Steve[/size]

[/quote]

[b]True! A lot of folks here are putting out bum info - there hasn't been any changes to the finish.
[/b][/quote]

didnt some pictures appear on here with the lighter face on them,but ive just put a new set back in including the i20 driver and have to say the faces are still the same as the first set i got,but im just going to enjoy them now instead of moaning about the faces on them

[font=tahoma][b][color=#B22222]Driver Ping G400 10*[/color][/b][/font]
[font=tahoma][b][color=#B22222]Hybrids Ping G30 17* 19*[/color][/b][/font][font=tahoma][b][color=#B22222] [/color][/b][/font][font=tahoma][b][color=#B22222] [/color][/b][/font]
[font=tahoma][b][color=#B22222]Irons Ping i200 4//PW[/color][/b][/font]
[font=tahoma][b][color=#B22222]Wedges Ping Glide 50* 54* 60*[/color][/b][/font]
[font=tahoma][b][color=#B22222]Putter Black Series [/color][/b][/font]
[font=tahoma][b][color=#B22222]Balls Bridgestone B330-RXS[/color][/b][/font]

[size="3"]Pictures posted earlier in thread UK they are 100% a lighter finish, there have been 3 sets through the shop in last week and each one is lighter than the set [/size][size="2"]that[/size][size="3"] we have in stock from earlier delivery, so UK has a lighter finish, I cannot speak for US,as [/size][size="2"]earlier[/size][size="3"] post spoke to two different staff at Ping UK both were 100% that anything coming for Ping UK would have a lighter finish that was a couple of weeks ago, as I said I cannot comment on US only UK, Steve[/size]

[size="3"]look at reply 760 on page 26 for picture of lighter finish[/size]

I've seen "both" finishes and it appears one is lighter than the other. In a photo I can position it any way I want and mine would look lighter too. I was hung up on it at first, wavering on should I or shouldn't I send them back to be refinished. Finally just let it go. If these stay with me for a while (and all signs point to they will) then down the road I'll just have Ping work their magic.

Time to just go out and hit them.

PING G400 Max 10.5° (+)
PING G430 fairway 18° (F-), Alta CB S
PING G430 hybrid 22° (F-), Alta CB S
PING i530 5-U, DG Mid 115 S300
PING s159 54°-W (bent 52°), 58°-B, DG Mid 115 S300
PING Serene B60
Maxfli Tour Yellow

[quote name='Konklifer' timestamp='1334926342' post='4757190']
I've seen "both" finishes and it appears one is lighter than the other. In a photo I can position it any way I want and mine would look lighter too. I was hung up on it at first, wavering on should I or shouldn't I send them back to be refinished. Finally just let it go. If these stay with me for a while (and all signs point to they will) then down the road I'll just have Ping work their magic.

[/quote]

I agree. Anyone know how much Ping charges to send your clubs to get ReFinished or bent to a different color code?

[quote name='Charlie14' timestamp='1334927985' post='4757288']
I agree. Anyone know how much Ping charges to send your clubs to get ReFinished or bent to a different color code?
[/quote]

if you take them to your local pro if he is a ping dealer you get them done for nothing im sure you do but you pay postage,and for the finish on them ping no they screwed up on them so i think they would redo them for nothing aswell,but better check it out first

[font=tahoma][b][color=#B22222]Driver Ping G400 10*[/color][/b][/font]
[font=tahoma][b][color=#B22222]Hybrids Ping G30 17* 19*[/color][/b][/font][font=tahoma][b][color=#B22222] [/color][/b][/font][font=tahoma][b][color=#B22222] [/color][/b][/font]
[font=tahoma][b][color=#B22222]Irons Ping i200 4//PW[/color][/b][/font]
[font=tahoma][b][color=#B22222]Wedges Ping Glide 50* 54* 60*[/color][/b][/font]
[font=tahoma][b][color=#B22222]Putter Black Series [/color][/b][/font]
[font=tahoma][b][color=#B22222]Balls Bridgestone B330-RXS[/color][/b][/font]

[quote name='ron lefthanded holmes' timestamp='1334928319' post='4757308']
[quote name='Charlie14' timestamp='1334927985' post='4757288']
[/quote]

if you take them to your local pro if he is a ping dealer you get them done for nothing im sure you do but you pay postage,and for the finish on them ping no they screwed up on them so i think they would redo them for nothing aswell,but better check it out first
[/quote]

So your saying if I take them to my Pro Shop (Where I actually bought them) they will send them out to ping then the bending is free, if I send them myself I need to pay.

As far as the refinishing I think I would just want to do that after a year or so. I don't know if the free finishing would still be offered that far from now.

Just got my I20's 5-LW and I'm so excited I finally found the set I've been looking for. I got the CFS stiff with cushin which feel great and the ball flight is really good, I was able to control trajectory and no problems with ballooning. Previously I had S58's which I like but the turf interaction and gaps between my PW and UW are perfect. I was able to put them right into play,, they look so close to my s58's I just really couldn't be happier. The wedges are really awesome.

[/quote]

[size="3"]Side by [/size][size=2]side[/size][size="3"] they are lighter if I can get a picture of the two side by side I will, [/size][size=2]unfortunately[/size][size="3"] been in hospital and not at work might get back in week or two, so i cannot produce a side by side shot, but unless I am [/size][size=2]going[/size][size="3"] blind they are a good bit lighter when side by side, even the guy that opens they clubs upon delivery noticed they were lighter,Steve[/size]

[quote name='steven-m-rose' timestamp='1335003629' post='4762266']

[/quote]

[size="3"]Side by [/size][size="2"]side[/size][size="3"] they are lighter if I can get a picture of the two side by side I will, [/size][size="2"]unfortunately[/size][size="3"] been in hospital and not at work might get back in week or two, so i cannot produce a side by side shot, but unless I am [/size][size="2"]going[/size][size="3"] blind they are a good bit lighter when side by side, even the guy that opens they clubs upon delivery noticed they were lighter,Steve[/size]
[/quote]

The new finish may be slightly lighter but it's still going to wear off in short order and show the parent metal underneath. Tour-S wedges are the same way, and have the same color paint as my i20's. Why Ping choose to paint the face on their newer model players clubs is beyond me. Guess they are going for showroom bling, instead of lasting finish durability. I also have some G20's and they don't have this same paint on the face, it's media blasted and wears much better.

Ping G400 Max driver w/Aldila Rogue 125 Silver
Ping G425 5 wood & hybrid
Ping G30 irons w/Recoil 95

Ping G425 irons w/Accra ICWT 2.0 95
Ping Glide wedges w/Recoil 110
Ping Redwood Anser - the "real deal!"

Take a Dremel to the faces, they'll look great.

If it's that important, send them to me and I'll do it. It only takes 2-3 minutes per club!

So after I said it wasn't a big deal to me...I called Ping today and they are going to refinish them at no charge. I agree, they probably made a mistake with putting the finish on the face at all. But I appreciate their willingness to take action and satisfy the customer. I love the clubs and see myself playing them for years to come. Maybe down the road I'll take Dremel to them but for now I'm fine with this route.

PING G400 Max 10.5° (+)
PING G430 fairway 18° (F-), Alta CB S
PING G430 hybrid 22° (F-), Alta CB S
PING i530 5-U, DG Mid 115 S300
PING s159 54°-W (bent 52°), 58°-B, DG Mid 115 S300
PING Serene B60
Maxfli Tour Yellow

To those who have ordered custom, where did you order yours? I'm planning to order i20 with project x.

Callaway Epic Flash Subzero Double Diamond Ventus TR Blue 6S tipped 1.5"

Callaway Epic Flash Subzero 15* bonded Ventus TR Blue 7S tipped 1.25"

Callaway Rogue Sub Zero 20* Ventus TR Blue 8S tipped 1.5"

Epon AF Tour 4-PW Modus 105 Stiff
Cleveland RTX6 Zipcore 51, 55, 59 Modus 115 and 125 Wedge Shaft

Byron Morgan 612 GSS