2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

I got my i20's thread

PINGWRXforeme

where is the best place to order a set? I already know my specs and exactly what I would want to order, but all the websites online have black dots.

----------------
Golf Jobs
Driver: Titleist TS3 9.5 w/ Tensei Blue 55 S
3W: Titleist 915F 15 w/ Diamana D+ 80 S
3H: Titleist 915H 21 w/ Diamana D+ 90 S
Irons: 4-GW Titleist T100 w/ Project X LZ 6.0
Wedge: Vokey SM8 54.10S TC w/ Project X LZ 6.0

Wedge: Vokey SM8 60.04L TC w/ Project X LZ 6.0
Ball: 2021 Titleist ProV1

spacer.png

• Replies 928
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mine arrived at the Pro Shop today but right before they closed. Ping said that my hybrid wont ship til early April black%20eye.gif

What club, shaft?

M1 HZRDUS Black<br />SLDR 15 TS 8.3<br />X2 Hot 18 Kuro Kage 80<br />i200 3 Modus 130<br />S55 4-PW Modus 130<br />Engage 52 56 S S400<br />Newport 1.5<br />[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/614089-jaxbeachnole-witb-page-1/"]WITB Link[/url]

I picked mine up today 4-SW +2" white dot with CFS stiff with cushin inserts and had a session on the range. I am coming from a set of Burner 2.0's with KBS 90 shafts. The ball goes really high with these but dont balloon I get alot more roll with these then I did with the Burners. My distance was a little bit further with the i20's which I think considering that the Burners have lofts that are stronger than these and that I am not used to the i20's yet. I really like the feel of these alot smoother than the Burners. The swingweight on these came out to E3! But to be honest that doesn't bother me because I like my clubs to have SW. I am glad that I made the switch to Ping and can't wait for my 20* hybrid, tour S 58* wedge and Nome to come in and finish up the bag.
[attachment=1081452:i20.jpg]

Can't a guy find some +1/2" white dots? Darn those early adopters that buy stock

----------------
Golf Jobs

spacer.png

[quote name='golfpros1' timestamp='1332376788' post='4553136']
Can't a guy find some +1/2" white dots? Darn those early adopters that buy stock
[/quote]

That's what I gots

M1 HZRDUS Black<br />SLDR 15 TS 8.3<br />X2 Hot 18 Kuro Kage 80<br />i200 3 Modus 130<br />S55 4-PW Modus 130<br />Engage 52 56 S S400<br />Newport 1.5<br />[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/614089-jaxbeachnole-witb-page-1/"]WITB Link[/url]

[quote name='dmasterdunk' timestamp='1332298042' post='4547508']
I am about to order these. There isn't a demo day really anytime soon around my area so I think I will just trust the online fitting system. I guess I could go to Golf Town and speak to one of their guys but I am assuming I could probably get the same information here, if not better.

Currently I play with PX 6.5 shafts and my distances for 5 iron is 215, 7 iron 195, pw 145. I might opt for something a little less stiff as I hear PX6.5 is one of the stiffest shafts. I am a 9 handicap. I don't really notice all that much difference in shaft but was wondering on what you guys think I should go with. I know there is lots of options like KBS X, KBS Tour X, X100, PX 6.0/6.5, Ping stock shaft...

Please let me know what are the differences between all of them and which one would you recommend me. Thanks.
[/quote]

anyone got an opinion on this?

[quote name='dmasterdunk' timestamp='1332379384' post='4553470']
I am about to order these. There isn't a demo day really anytime soon around my area so I think I will just trust the online fitting system. I guess I could go to Golf Town and speak to one of their guys but I am assuming I could probably get the same information here, if not better.

Currently I play with PX 6.5 shafts and my distances for 5 iron is 215, 7 iron 195, pw 145. I might opt for something a little less stiff as I hear PX6.5 is one of the stiffest shafts. I am a 9 handicap. I don't really notice all that much difference in shaft but was wondering on what you guys think I should go with. I know there is lots of options like KBS X, KBS Tour X, X100, PX 6.0/6.5, Ping stock shaft...

Please let me know what are the differences between all of them and which one would you recommend me. Thanks.
[/quote]

[/quote]

with those distances I would look at DG X100 Tour

[quote name='dmasterdunk' timestamp='1332379384' post='4553470']

[/quote]

[/quote]

I would suggest either X100's or KBS C-Taper if you are a higher ball hitter. I don't think the CFS (X) flex would be strong enough (without hard-stepping). I wouldn't suggest ordering without fitting, but the X1's or C-Taper's are great shafts that will satisfy your swing speeds/distances...

TM '17 M2 9.5* - Accra Tour Z X465 M4
PING G5 - Aldila NV75S

TM MC 3-PW - DG S300
Titleist Vokey SM4 52/56/60
Scotty Cameron TEI3

[quote name='Charlie14' timestamp='1332424176' post='4555978']
Finally got mine! They were delivered to my shop yesterday, I ordered them on 3/2. Couldn't hit them yet though as it was raining all day and the shop is installing new grips for me.
[/quote]

Congrats! What didn't you like about the stock Ping grip and what are you getting?

Mine are in my office and only have been chipped with because I'm still in this darn walking boot for my ankle.

Ping G430 HL 10.5*

Wilson Staff Dyna Power 5 wood
Ping 410 7 wood
XXIO 10 5 Hybrid, Tour Exotics 6 Hybrid
Wilson Staff DynaPower forged 7-GW

Wilson Staff 56*

Wilson Staff 60*

Bettinardi BB0 TRI DASS Skull and Bones 2023 33" 

Like Edberg's forehand, my swing is held together with a paperclip and a rubber band.

[quote name='ahbot' timestamp='1332427937' post='4556362']
I getting mine in at 3pm. It's currently in transport from UPS to my favorite golf shop. woohoo!!!!! i can't wait to finally get them in action this weekend. Can anyone give me a good comparison between the s56 vs i20? I have the s56 now and it's pretty amazing.
[/quote]
I play i20 in 4,5,6 and s56 in 7-pw. The looks are pretty noticeable. I just wanted a bit more forgiveness in the longer irons. I must say, these sets blend very well. Both feel close enough. Both workable. Im very excited to play this setup all summer. So far so good.

I getting mine in at 3pm. It's currently in transport from UPS to my favorite golf shop. woohoo!!!!! i can't wait to finally get them in action this weekend. Can anyone give me a good comparison between the s56 vs i20? I have the s56 now and it's pretty amazing.
[/quote]

I posted this after I demoed both:

I just demoed the i20 and S56 7-irons side-by-side. Hit balls on a simulator and out on the course. I had CFS stiff shafts in both heads. FWIW: I am a 9 -10 handicap, fast tempo, high-ball hitter; can hit a draw but struggle to hit a fade. Here is what I found:

* FEEL: Both clubs felt great on a well-struck shot; very soft feeling for cast clubs. Just a bit more of a crisp feeling out of the S56, but not a great difference. The CFS shafts feel a bit softer in the tip than DG's, but very stable.

* LAUNCH/TRAJECTORY: The i20 has a notably higher launch angle; on the sim, the i20 was consistently around 25*. I moved the ball back in my stance just a hair and got it down to 21* fairly consistently. The S56 was almost always 20* or 21*. On the course, the i20 launched higher: a notable difference but not huge. It did not balloon and drop like a rock like the S57 with AWT shafts. I hit several shots with the i20 dead into a 10 - 12 mph wind and they didn't lose much.

* DISTANCE: The i20 was consistently a full club longer.

* DISTANCE CONTROL: Both clubs were remarkably consistent. Missing the sweet spot led to more distance loss with the 56 than the i20, sometimes significantly more.

* ACCURACY: Both were outstanding -- point-and-shoot golf. Hitting 7 irons, I couldn't tell much difference. Dispersion was slightly better with the 56.

* WORKABILITY: Both are easy to hit straight. The i20 is easier to draw. The 56 is easier to hit low and to fade. Punch shots with the 56 were outstanding; not bad with the i20, but the 56 was excellent.

* FORGIVENESS: Here is the deciding factor (for me). The 56 are very forgiving for a player's cavity back. Very. But the i20 is ridiculous. The sweet spot must be huge, because you really have to miss the center badly to lose distance and/or direction. I couldn't get over how easy the i20 was to hit consistently on-target.

* DISCLAIMER: I have no idea how the long irons will play in the i20s. From all that I have read, they will launch higher and be more forgiving than the 56; and the progressive sizes in the i20 will make the longer irons notably larger than the 56. This might be a deal killer for some. From what I have heard and read, the short irons in the i20 should appeal even to the better player.

I tried the i15s a couple years ago and hated them. Harsh feeling and didn't stand out it any way. Had the S57 and loved them, but didn't care for the AWT shafts. I fould the 57 more forgiving than the 56. I've hit the 56s several times and liked them a lot, but my ball-striking with the long irons is not good enough to handle them.

I went back to the shop and ordered the i20.

[quote name='Woodridge' timestamp='1332426653' post='4556222']
[quote name='Charlie14' timestamp='1332424176' post='4555978']
Finally got mine! They were delivered to my shop yesterday, I ordered them on 3/2. Couldn't hit them yet though as it was raining all day and the shop is installing new grips for me.
[/quote]

Congrats! What didn't you like about the stock Ping grip and what are you getting?

Mine are in my office and only have been chipped with because I'm still in this darn walking boot for my ankle.
[/quote]

The stock grips in the Woods at least almost seemed like it was a little loose to me. I don't know... I like the feel of the grips I purchased. I ended up getting the Black/White Decade Multicompound grips. Not the new whiteout ones the older ones.

[quote name='20six' timestamp='1332436487' post='4557252']
[/quote]

I just demoed the i20 and S56 7-irons side-by-side. Hit balls on a simulator and out on the course. I had CFS stiff shafts in both heads. FWIW: I am a 9 -10 handicap, fast tempo, high-ball hitter; can hit a draw but struggle to hit a fade. Here is what I found:

* FEEL: Both clubs felt great on a well-struck shot; very soft feeling for cast clubs. Just a bit more of a crisp feeling out of the S56, but not a great difference. The CFS shafts feel a bit softer in the tip than DG's, but very stable.

* LAUNCH/TRAJECTORY: The i20 has a notably higher launch angle; on the sim, the i20 was consistently around 25*. I moved the ball back in my stance just a hair and got it down to 21* fairly consistently. The S56 was almost always 20* or 21*. On the course, the i20 launched higher: a notable difference but not huge. It did not balloon and drop like a rock like the S57 with AWT shafts. I hit several shots with the i20 dead into a 10 - 12 mph wind and they didn't lose much.

* DISTANCE CONTROL: Both clubs were remarkably consistent. Missing the sweet spot led to more distance loss with the 56 than the i20, sometimes significantly more.

* ACCURACY: Both were outstanding -- point-and-shoot golf. Hitting 7 irons, I couldn't tell much difference. Dispersion was slightly better with the 56.

* WORKABILITY: Both are easy to hit straight. The i20 is easier to draw. The 56 is easier to hit low and to fade. Punch shots with the 56 were outstanding; not bad with the i20, but the 56 was excellent.

* FORGIVENESS: Here is the deciding factor (for me). The 56 are very forgiving for a player's cavity back. Very. But the i20 is ridiculous. The sweet spot must be huge, because you really have to miss the center badly to lose distance and/or direction. I couldn't get over how easy the i20 was to hit consistently on-target.

* DISCLAIMER: I have no idea how the long irons will play in the i20s. From all that I have read, they will launch higher and be more forgiving than the 56; and the progressive sizes in the i20 will make the longer irons notably larger than the 56. This might be a deal killer for some. From what I have heard and read, the short irons in the i20 should appeal even to the better player.

I tried the i15s a couple years ago and hated them. Harsh feeling and didn't stand out it any way. Had the S57 and loved them, but didn't care for the AWT shafts. I fould the 57 more forgiving than the 56. I've hit the 56s several times and liked them a lot, but my ball-striking with the long irons is not good enough to handle them.

[/quote]

I had the S56's for about a month and could not get over how the short irons dropped out of the sky like a rock. However, I had the KBS shafts and don't think that the blame lies with the AWT shafts. To me, the culprit was the slightly milled face (or whatever the appropriate term is) that put too much spin on the shorter irons. Do the I20's have the same type of face as the S56?

Has anyone made the switch from Burner 2.0 to I20's? If so, how do they stack up?

[quote name='20six' timestamp='1332436487' post='4557252']
[/quote]

[/quote]

Excellent review- thanks.

Finally recieved my i20 irons today.(3-PW) Just came back from hitting 175 balls. I'm even more impressed with them. The S58s went into the i20 box along with the two Tour-W wedges, even used the iron covers the i20s came with.....You never know :cheesy: !
Except for my SRIXON 3+ and 5 Woods, I'm ALL PING. :yahoo:

Upgraded "view sig".

DRIVER: Ping G20, 9.5° w/169D-Tour, reg (Back up: Srixon Z-rw, 9.5°, stf)
3+W: Srixon Z-Steel, 12.5°, stock SV3005J, stf. (In rotation: 3W, 14.5°)
5W: Srixon Z-Steel, 18.5° stock SV3005J, stf
IRONS: Ping i20, 3-PW, stock CFS reg @ D2
PUTTER: Ping Craz-E iWi, w/2x20gr weights, Lamkin Jumbo pistol grip
WEDGES: Ping Glide, 54° SS, 60° TS, stock Ping wedge shafts
BALL: Srixon XV 
CART: SunMountain V1, STEWARTGOLF Z1
BAG: SM H2N0, PING C-130
BACK UP: Ping S58, 3-Pw, stock CS-Lite, stf, @ D2. (Lofts jacked to S55 specs.)

Where can I order a custom spec set online?

I want 4-UW w/ stiff CFS shafts, +1/2" white dot. I might consider sw and lw too.

I can't find a place online to order anything like this, and if I can save on the tax, I'd rather not order from local shop unless I have some kind of promotion I can use to offset higher cost. Any recommendations? I've thought about holding out for a used set, but my requirements are so specific I don't think I'd find a set for a long time.

----------------
Golf Jobs

spacer.png

[quote name='golfpros1' timestamp='1332461232' post='4559456']
Where can I order a custom spec set online?

I want 4-UW w/ stiff CFS shafts, +1/2" white dot. I might consider sw and lw too.

I can't find a place online to order anything like this, and if I can save on the tax, I'd rather not order from local shop unless I have some kind of promotion I can use to offset higher cost. Any recommendations? I've thought about holding out for a used set, but my requirements are so specific I don't think I'd find a set for a long time.
[/quote]

I think you can place an order over the phone with any of the online retailers I would guess. I would try Morton's or GPP and just give them a call. I know that you can save on Sales Tax with Morton's, I believe.....

PING G5 - Aldila NV75S

TM MC 3-PW - DG S300
Scotty Cameron TEI3

So I am at my favorite local golf shop during my lunch break, getting some supplies. I see a customer returning the shops i20 demo set. I am not in the market for irons as I am more than happy with my current set, but, man, do I love to tinker around and demo golf clubs. Salesperson says I can keep them until Monday morning so why not see what all the fuss is about. I just brought them back to my office. I have all my golf gear shipped to my work address and as a result I KNOW my secretary thinks I am a whack job golf club fetishist.

iPhonePictures3261.jpg

Last Ping iron set I played were the S58's with zz65's and I absolutely loved them. I have been in the Adams/Mizuno camp over the last several years but looking forward to taking these out tomorrow after work and again on Saturday and Sunday. CFS Stiff shafts. Should be a fun weekend.

No matter what, I AM NOT buying this set dammit! Right? I am not buying this set no matter what? Really. The force is strong with this one..... I think....

Mizuno JPX-900 | Fujikura Speeder EVO II 661
Adams Super Hybrid XTD 17*
Mizuno JPX-900 Hybrid 21*
Taylormade P790 (5-Gap)
Callaway MD3 (58, 54)
Taylormade Spider Tour

After a month of demoing a number of irons, I finally ordered mine today. I tried them on three separate occasions and they always came out on top.

* 4-UW, Red dot, CFS stiff, D2
* SW, Red dot, CFS stiff, D5
* LW, Red dot, CFS stiff, Tour grind, D5

Thought about going flatter on the wedges but I hit them great at the same color code.

Now...the waiting game.

Will also be getting a Nome but haven't ordered it yet.

PING G400 Max 10.5° (+)
PING G430 fairway 18° (F-), Alta CB S
PING G430 hybrid 22° (F-), Alta CB S
PING i530 5-U, DG Mid 115 S300
PING s159 54°-W (bent 52°), 58°-B, DG Mid 115 S300
PING Serene B60
Maxfli Tour Yellow

So I am at my favorite local golf shop during my lunch break, getting some supplies. I see a customer returning the shops i20 demo set. I am not in the market for irons as I am more than happy with my current set, but, man, do I love to tinker around and demo golf clubs. Salesperson says I can keep them until Monday morning so why not see what all the fuss is about. I just brought them back to my office. I have all my golf gear shipped to my work address and as a result I KNOW my secretary thinks I am a whack job golf club fetishist.

iPhonePictures3261.jpg

Last Ping iron set I played were the S58's with zz65's and I absolutely loved them. I have been in the Adams/Mizuno camp over the last several years but looking forward to taking these out tomorrow after work and again on Saturday and Sunday. CFS Stiff shafts. Should be a fun weekend.

No matter what, I AM NOT buying this set dammit! Right? I am not buying this set no matter what? Really. The force is strong with this one..... I think....

I'll be the first to say.....Welcome to the club.....yes, really. hahaha

PING G5 - Aldila NV75S

TM MC 3-PW - DG S300
Scotty Cameron TEI3

Ordered mine 2/13, came in yesterday 2/22 to my local shop. Not bad!! CFS Stiff shafts, std length, red dot. Didn't have too much time to hit them, but took the PW, 7 iron, and 4 iron out on the range. Beautiful. I'm going to admit i did have a hard time hitting the 4 iron. All over the place with it, horrible contact. I'm coming from 12 years with DCI 990's, so i'm just going to blame it on the offset and let myself get used to them. But man are they great so far.

Played my first round with the I20's. The CFS STiff shaft is great. I teed up the 4 iron on a bunch of holes. Was hitting it really high and straight. I am thinking about getting the 3-iron.

How many of you ordered the I20 3 iron is it easy to hit? What are the benefits of going with the 3 iron vs getting the I20 hybrid? I feel like I have more control with the irons but the guy at my shop said not to bother with the 3. I am hitting the 4 iron really well off the tee. From the deck I am still getting used to it though, I am coming from a set of SGI irons that had 3-5 Hybrids. So glad to be hitting irons again.

[quote name='Charlie14' timestamp='1332599701' post='4569684']
Played my first round with the I20's. The CFS STiff shaft is great. I teed up the 4 iron on a bunch of holes. Was hitting it really high and straight. I am thinking about getting the 3-iron.

How many of you ordered the I20 3 iron is it easy to hit? What are the benefits of going with the 3 iron vs getting the I20 hybrid? I feel like I have more control with the irons but the guy at my shop said not to bother with the 3. I am hitting the 4 iron really well off the tee. From the deck I am still getting used to it though, I am coming from a set of SGI irons that had 3-5 Hybrids. So glad to be hitting irons again.
[/quote]

I have the 3 iron. Very easy to hit but I have always carried a 3i. It's 230 off the tee and dead straight.

The i20 irons are so good you can drive to the golf course and they'll play themselves while you sit at the bar. They'll come get you when they are done beating $50 off everyone else in your pairing. Then you and your irons can go home and snuggle.

Callaway 816 DBD 9° Speeder TS
Titleist 915f 15° Diamana Blue
Callaway Apex Pro hybrid 3/20°
Callaway Apex Pro '16 4-A, Modus 120-TS
Vokey 50/54/60
Odyssey Works Rossie