2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

I got my i20's thread

PINGWRXforeme

I tried them today and they are really nice. These have some of the nicest feel at impact imo. Not a tone of feedback or shock from the club, and I personally like that. As long as I know where the ball hit the face, it's plenty of feedback for me.

----------------
Golf Jobs
Driver: Titleist TS3 9.5 w/ Tensei Blue 55 S
3W: Titleist 915F 15 w/ Diamana D+ 80 S
3H: Titleist 915H 21 w/ Diamana D+ 90 S
Irons: 4-GW Titleist T100 w/ Project X LZ 6.0
Wedge: Vokey SM8 54.10S TC w/ Project X LZ 6.0

Wedge: Vokey SM8 60.04L TC w/ Project X LZ 6.0
Ball: 2021 Titleist ProV1

spacer.png

• Replies 928
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='dmasterdunk' timestamp='1331919645' post='4520179']
Is it ABSOLUTELY NECESSARY to get fit in person or should I just trust the web fit?
There's a Ping place near my house but they are completely booked for months.
I am so tempted to just order them right now lol!
[/quote]

Do the fitting. I called the only Ping fitter with the nflight (and ability to hit outside) with-in 100 miles of me....Told me he charges $25.00 and I get that back in credit if I order from him....

I may not even buy but for only $25, I'd be not smart to not go hit'em

[quote name='24vince' timestamp='1332037849' post='4527625']
Is it ABSOLUTELY NECESSARY to get fit in person or should I just trust the web fit?
[/quote]

Do the fitting. I called the only Ping fitter with the nflight (and ability to hit outside) with-in 100 miles of me....Told me he charges $25.00 and I get that back in credit if I order from him....

[/quote]

You went to ping nFlight? Which location? I paid $150 and got nothing towards club. And spent $1200 on irons and wedges!!!

**WITB**

PING LST G430 9* - Mitsubishi Diamana PD 60 TX w/GP NDMC Mid White/Black, +1.0*

Taylormade P790 UDI 2 - Graphite Design Tour AD 95 Utility w/GP NDMC Mid White/Black

Taylormade Stealth Plus 15* - Mitsubishi Diamana TB 70S w/GP NDMC Mid White/Black

PING i210 4-PW, UW - Project X LZ 6.0, +3/4 w/GP NDMC Mid White/Black

Vokey SM9 Raw 54*/60* - Project X LZ 6.0, +3/4 w/GP NDMC Mid White/Black

Bettinardi DASS Hive Custom SS3 - 37", 68* w/1.5* Loft. Garsen Ultimate

[quote name='jwclubbie' timestamp='1332077666' post='4529063']
[/quote]

[/quote]

You went to ping nFlight? Which location? I paid $150 and got nothing towards club. And spent $1200 on irons and wedges!!!
[/quote]

Going next week. Check Ping website checking for Ping nflight fitters, type in 54935 area code....South Hills Golf Club should will be only one in area....Don is pro their I've talked to him 3x about it....

I was shocked when he told me $25 (expected be much higher). but he said its not something PIng sets price on its up to the Pros/fitters (its their time) He said he wants people to get fit so doesnt spook them with big tag on the fitting....

Today was my first round with the i20's, first round of the year and first round since Halloween. The day started out at around 40* and warmed up to about 60* by the 18th. The course just opened for the season 2 days ago - both fairways and greens were really wet as we teed off at 8:15 and the greens were a little shaggy and bumpy.

I shot an 80, hit 10 greens which is good for me, made 3 birdies and either lipped out or burned the edge on another 5 birdie attempts. Iron shots were very crisp and I was knocking down the pin all day. Despite the colder temps, I am already a full club longer than last years distances. Three iron shots really stick out in my mind: 8 iron from 145; 7 iron from 160 and 6 iron from 153 (into a stiff breeze). All three did what I wanted them to do. The 6 iron into the wind did not spin or balloon into the wind - it just held its' line and stuck about 12 feet from the pin.

My usual playing partner who has always been longer than me by about a club - I was longer than him by about a club today.

I have my eyes on a Nome putter in the very near future!!!

[quote name='jwclubbie' timestamp='1332077666' post='4529063']
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

That is ridiculous, I would raise hell. Call Ping if necessary.

M1 HZRDUS Black<br />SLDR 15 TS 8.3<br />X2 Hot 18 Kuro Kage 80<br />i200 3 Modus 130<br />S55 4-PW Modus 130<br />Engage 52 56 S S400<br />Newport 1.5<br />[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/614089-jaxbeachnole-witb-page-1/"]WITB Link[/url]

Finally got a chance to play with my i20s. I got 4-PW green dot +1/4 inch with Nippon Pro Modus 3 Tour 120 X. I played 3 rounds with them over the weekend, the shafts felt really really nice. Not too sure about the heads yet. The combo definitely goes much higher than what I'm used too, but it was my first time playing since september so I'll need more time to work with them, to get more work with the flight and turf interaction and yardages. Still shot in the mid 70s and hit some great shots with the PW (first shot with it stuck it to a foot).

I purchased my i20's a few weeks ago. They took about 3 weeks to arrive. I also have a set of ansers so I took both the 7 irons and 4 irons from both of the sets and hit a bunch of balls to try and compare the difference. The shafts on the ansers are S300's and the shafts on the i20's are AWT's stiff. Blue DOT on the ansers and yellow on the i20's. Both sets were custom fitted.
I Finally got a chance to play with my i20s this Saturday and they felt pretty good. The seven thru PW on the i20's do have a higher trajectory than the ansers because of the shafts but the distance is right on so I don't mind it. I plan on playing a few rounds with the i20's this week to see if I will give up my ansers for the i20's. So far the 4 iron on the i20's is producing better control for me but I'm still on the fence about which set I will ultimately go with, If the outcome doesn't become a hands down choice, I will probably keep them both and play with the i20's far a while.

[quote name='geobec' timestamp='1332118193' post='4532491']
I purchased my i20's a few weeks ago. They took about 3 weeks to arrive. I also have a set of ansers so I took both the 7 irons and 4 irons from both of the sets and hit a bunch of balls to try and compare the difference. The shafts on the ansers are S300's and the shafts on the i20's are AWT's stiff. Blue DOT on the ansers and yellow on the i20's. Both sets were custom fitted.
I Finally got a chance to play with my i20s this Saturday and they felt pretty good. The seven thru PW on the i20's do have a higher trajectory than the ansers because of the shafts but the distance is right on so I don't mind it. I plan on playing a few rounds with the i20's this week to see if I will give up my ansers for the i20's. So far the 4 iron on the i20's is producing better control for me but I'm still on the fence about which set I will ultimately go with, If the outcome doesn't become a hands down choice, I will probably keep them both and play with the i20's far a while.
[/quote]

How on earth did you get fitted for S300 one day and AWT stiff another? Completely different beasts. I would imagine you will hit the i20/AWT combo straight up. I didn't even know you could get that shaft anymore. I thought the CFS replaced it. But PING is good about legacy stuff.

I went to the X flex CFS in the i20 to keep the ball down.

Callaway 816 DBD 9° Speeder TS
Titleist 915f 15° Diamana Blue
Callaway Apex Pro hybrid 3/20°
Callaway Apex Pro '16 4-A, Modus 120-TS
Vokey 50/54/60
Odyssey Works Rossie

I must have hit a ton of balls with the seven iron i20/AWT and anser/ S300 . I have always hit my irons high but get good distance. The AWT shaft might be giving me more control. When I played on Saturday with the i20's, I was all over the pin from 155 - 165 out with my 7 iron. Had two 4 footers for birdies before the wheels came off a little with my driver.

[quote name='geobec' timestamp='1332130561' post='4533923']
I must have hit a ton of balls with the seven iron i20/AWT and anser/ S300 . I have always hit my irons high but get good distance. The AWT shaft might be giving me more control. When I played on Saturday with the i20's, I was all over the pin from 155 - 165 out with my 7 iron. Had two 4 footers for birdies before the wheels came off a little with my driver.
[/quote]

Good to hear - I figured the s300 would be more stable between the two. I thought the AWT played soft to flex much like the CFS.

great to hear you like them, regardless!

Vokey 50/54/60
Odyssey Works Rossie

Hi,

I have been looking at the Ping products this spring but not sure about them. I have viewed a number of sites such as www.chipsandyips.com to see what other people think about the irons. The I20s seem to be excellent clubs. I may try them later in the summer once I get my swing in shape and have some rounds under my belt. Good luck with you clubs.

WDA

ok, pulled the trigger today and to my surprise I pulled the trigger on a set with X-Stiff CFS shafts. SO SOLID and my dispersion was unbelievable.

Anybody else choose that shaft? I've never played x-stiff before but the stiff were not good for me. I have played 6.0 PX for a long time and after that I went to KBS Tour - stiff and never liked them.

[size=3]Taylormade SIM Max 10.5 Hzrdus Green 70[/size]
[size=3]Taylormade M4 3 wood - Tensei White Pro[/size]
[size=3]Titleist 818 H2 Hybrid 19 - Atmos Blue[/size]
[size=3]Titleist 816 H2 Hybrid 21 - Diamana D+[/size]
[size=3]Mizuno MP-20 MMC 5-PW - $ Taper [/size]
[size=3]Callaway X forged 56, 60[/size]
[size=3]Taylormade TP Red-White Ardmore 2[/size]

[quote name='dachtor' timestamp='1332179736' post='4536733']
ok, pulled the trigger today and to my surprise I pulled the trigger on a set with X-Stiff CFS shafts. SO SOLID and my dispersion was unbelievable.

Anybody else choose that shaft? I've never played x-stiff before but the stiff were not good for me. I have played 6.0 PX for a long time and after that I went to KBS Tour - stiff and never liked them.
[/quote]

My exact process and findings - see my sig. I too went CFS-X

Vokey 50/54/60
Odyssey Works Rossie

Driver swing speed for is in the 105-110 mph range. I've played both S and X in the driver with good results coming from either depending on the shaft.

WOW is all I can say. First full range session with these during lunch. Could NOT be happier. Ball flight is incredible and I picked up about a 1/2 club in distance (not that I really intended to). Shot dispersion is the most impressive part and the turf interaction is a close 2nd. I caught an 8 iron a little fat and only suffered nominal distance loss. Really really happy.

Who'd you get the notice from Ping? I ordered mine 3/2 and he said they might ship last Thursday or Friday. Should be here where are they! haha

I had the online retailer call PING directly to see if they were shipped out yet. They were shipped by PING to the retailer on Friday. The retailer should get them tomorrow and then will then ship them to me likely on Thursday.

I would have had PING send to me directly but then I would have had to pay sales tax. Forget that noise.cool.gif

as I said above, I got fitted for CFS x-stiff and I am so impressed so far!

X100 in mine, i like the extra weight and keeping it low!

Callaway Rougue ST LS Triple Diamond Tensei Raw First responders TX

Callaway Rogue ST LS 15 degree Ventus TR

Cobra RADSpeed Tour 19 Motore X F1

Mizuno Pro Fli Hi 4 Hazard Smoke
New Level 902 PD 5-A Project X Catalyst 6.5 SS2

New Level SPN Milled 53 
Cleveland Tour Rack RTX Zipcore 58 DG GRIND
SWAG Savage AF Raw LA Golf SOHO

[quote name='Dat_Dude' timestamp='1332275728' post='4544962']
[quote name='Charlie14' timestamp='1332267424' post='4544108']
CFS Stiff. The shop I got fitted at said that out of 10 I20 fittings he only fit 2 people to CFS.
[/quote]

Does anyone else find this odd considering that is the stock shaft? What have they been fitting mostly? KBS?
[/quote]

No idea I didn't think to ask him that. I don't know if he had the KBS though. I just let the pros do the fitting and never looked at the shafts I was using really. I noticed I tried an S300 and a regular AWT shaft though. Maybe another one but don't remember seeing a KBS sticker on any of them.

Long time reader, 1st time poster. Thought it was time to add my 2 cents.

I'm a 7 handicap. Bought my I20s (5-U, green dot, 1/2" long, stiff CFS) from DD's...took 1 1/2 weeks to get them, which was less than their estimate. Have played i15's with ZZ65 shafts for the past two years. All i could do was hit them short and straight...all the time. They were clunky compared to the Mizuno MX2s (with the dynalite gold shafts) I played the 5 prior years...I probably lost at least half a club in distance. But they went straight...every time...which was a big improvement over a strong draw (or a big hook if I really went after them) with the MX23s.

I started a LONG time ago with a set of Wilson Staff FG-17s...upgraded to Ping Eye2's...Hogan Apex (Pings were too clunky)...TA 845s (how easy were those to hit)...Ping I3Osize (finally got fitted)...MX23s....Ping I15s...now the i20s. The i20s are the easiest to hit club I've ever had in my hands. The CFS shaft is magic for me compared to the ZZ65 (and anything else I've ever hit). The i20s are the best clubs irons I've ever owned.

I've played four rounds with them in 20+mph winds each time. Hard to tell due to the wind, but I'm guessing I'm maybe a club longer than the i15s/zz65 combo. But I'm just as straight and ball flight is higher. I was concerned the higher flight wouldn't work in the wind. What I didn't realize was how easy it is to control the trajectory with the I20. I can knock it down in a heartbeat. Or iIcan hit my normal high ball. Either one is automatic and, compared to the i15...effortless. The i15 ball flight was low and short...I was scared to knock it down for fear of losing distance.

I cannot wait for summer...calmer conditions here in central Illinois. Then I will really be able to tell just how good these things are. But right now they are absolutely amazing.

[quote name='dachtor' timestamp='1332179736' post='4536733']

[/quote]

I have always played x100s. I too ended hitting the CFS xstiff the best. I am going back tomorrow to order a set. Still trying to decide what to do about wedges. I am not sure about i20 sand wedge and gap wedge.

I am about to order these. There isn't a demo day really anytime soon around my area so I think I will just trust the online fitting system. I guess I could go to Golf Town and speak to one of their guys but I am assuming I could probably get the same information here, if not better.

Currently I play with PX 6.5 shafts and my distances for 5 iron is 215, 7 iron 195, pw 145. I might opt for something a little less stiff as I hear PX6.5 is one of the stiffest shafts. I am a 9 handicap. I don't really notice all that much difference in shaft but was wondering on what you guys think I should go with. I know there is lots of options like KBS X, KBS Tour X, X100, PX 6.0/6.5, Ping stock shaft...

Please let me know what are the differences between all of them and which one would you recommend me. Thanks.