2024 Wells Fargo Championship WITB Photos ×

'13 Callaway X Forged Iron Pics (updated 2/2/13 w/ more Pics)

GolfWRX

[quote name='RetiredMedic029' timestamp='1351336128' post='5853741']
[quote name='GoogleMe' timestamp='1351009005' post='5833603']
I KNEW THEY WERE GOING TO RUIN THEM BY ADDIND BADGES !!!!!!!!

They were perfect with NO badges.
[/quote]

It does not look to me like that badge ruined anything ... is there any chance that you might be a little to picky for your own good ?? it's a golf club for crying outloud ! , not something that's going to a fashion show
[/quote]

Thank you, Fresh Prince's mom.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='speeder757' timestamp='1351312537' post='5853315']
[quote name='Callaway_HarryA' timestamp='1351303466' post='5852739']
[quote name='Golfjunki71' timestamp='1351303162' post='5852731']
Can't you release them now?
[/quote]

I'll check with the Big Leposky (our SVP of Ops) and get some intel on when these bad boys are stateside. Maybe Chad and I will throw together a little giveaway contest on The WRX to get some of these out there to you guys if possible.
[/quote]

Harry,
I don't even need a giveaway. I am willing to pay ..... Pleeeeeaaaaase !!!!!!!
[/quote]

I agree, would love to have the option to buy these early. Maybe offer sets to GolfWrx as a pre-sale. From a business perspective, I would think that could generate a huge amount of brand loyalty and word of mouth. Not sure if its possible, but it would be awesome.

[quote name='golfinfl' timestamp='1351359326' post='5854819']
[/quote]

I'll check with the Big Leposky (our SVP of Ops) and get some intel on when these bad boys are stateside. Maybe Chad and I will throw together a little giveaway contest on The WRX to get some of these out there to you guys if possible.
[/quote]

Harry,
[/quote]

I agree, would love to have the option to buy these early. Maybe offer sets to GolfWrx as a pre-sale. From a business perspective, I would think that could generate a huge amount of brand loyalty and word of mouth. Not sure if its possible, but it would be awesome.
[/quote]

No chance they are going to piss off their retail partners like that.

smacky[quote name='smackygolf' timestamp='1351362667' post='5855019']
[/quote]

[/quote]

Harry,
[/quote]

[/quote]

No chance they are going to piss off their retail partners like that.
[/quote]

smack, are you in the golf retail business? My question isn’t really related to the above quoted posts, I am just curious what your background is because you have an interesting perspective on many of these issues. Thanks

Was in the store the other day and was looking at the current Razr X Forged and thinking how much more the 2013 model fits my eye! To me cleaner and more compact while still retaining the look of 'hit-ability'...and forgiveness.
I won't be looking at too many other sets for next year..almost completely partial to these..and if they are soft as the Adams CMB's then I am truly done looking!

Callaway Mavrik SZ 9.0 VA Composites Nemesys 65 04
Callaway Mavrik SZ 15 VA Composites Nemesys 75 04
Callaway Mavrik Pro Hybrid 18* Veylix Rome 888 S
Callaway 2019 Apex Pro DOT 4-PW Mits MMT 125 TX/ Vega Mizar Tour Oban CT 115 X
Odyssey WHP #3-Stability Tour, Scotty Cameron Special Select Newport 2.5, Toulon Long Island Garage-Stability Shaft
Callaway MD5 Jaws Tour Grey 50/54/58 and  Cobra Tour Versatile 50/54/58 Mitsubishi MMT 125TX Graphite
Lamkin Sonar Plus Wrap

WITB Link

This might be my year to get new irons. I thought it wasn't going to be much of a search with the Adams CMBs having stock CTapers but these are now in mix. My only concern is the loft. I don't need to hit the ball farther. 130 with a 48* PW is just fine for what I want. A 46* PW is just wrong for a players' iron, IMO. My 07 Xforged may have to stay in the bag longer if a GW/50* isn't an option with the set.

SiM2 Max  9°  Fujikura Ventus 6
TS2  15°  GD Tour AD VR-7

testing 5/7 woods🤔🤷‍♀️
818H2  21°  GD Tour AD IZ-85
0311T  4i / Z745  5-9  Nippon 950GH 
SM7 46F 52F 58D  DG 115
SM7 62M  KBS Tour
putter, KBS CT Tour, Pro Only *
(¬¬)

[/quote]

[/quote]

Harry,
[/quote]

[/quote]

Yeah, I don't see that one happening. Let's be realistic here guys.

Taylormade SIM Max  – 10.5°
Taylormade M4  – 16.5°
Titleist 818H1 - 22.5°
Titleist AP1 718 – 4-P
Titleist AP1 718 – 48°
Cleveland CBX – 54°
Taylormade EF – 60° 
Ping Vault 2.0 Craz-E H   

smack, are you in the golf retail business? My question isn’t really related to the above quoted posts, I am just curious what your background is because you have an interesting perspective on many of these issues. Thanks

Here's a recent pic of smackygolf:

324596.jpg

Taylormade SIM Max  – 10.5°
Taylormade M4  – 16.5°
Titleist 818H1 - 22.5°
Titleist AP1 718 – 4-P
Titleist AP1 718 – 48°
Cleveland CBX – 54°
Taylormade EF – 60° 
Ping Vault 2.0 Craz-E H   

CAN'T wait to hit the Razr Fit Xtreme driver and fairways. I really want to to see the painted heads in person and with a shaft. Imagine a blue head with the GD tour ad BB shaft. THat thing would be sweet.

Titleist TSR3 8* / Fuji Ventus Black TR 6X               

Titleist TSR2+ / Fuji Ventus Black TR 7X               

Callaway UW / Fuji Ventu Black 8X

Edel SMS iron 4-5 / DG TI X100 /////  SMS PRO irons 6-PW / DG TI X100

Edel SMS 50V, 54T, 60T / DG TI S400/ BGT ZNE 130

Edel PROTO

[quote name='J13' timestamp='1351434293' post='5857801']
CAN'T wait to hit the Razr Fit Xtreme driver and fairways. I really want to to see the painted heads in person and with a shaft. Imagine a blue head with the GD tour ad BB shaft. THat thing would be sweet.
[/quote]

Actually, think about a white one with that shaft, or with the Motore Speeder series. SUH-WEET!!

[quote name='Callaway_HarryA' timestamp='1351262102' post='5849319']
[quote name='JB lefty' timestamp='1351243211' post='5848563']
[quote name='JB lefty' timestamp='1351156726' post='5842977']
Thank you very much Callaway for putting these pictures up. The irons look superb. My Razr x forged and original proto's are looking like rather worries they will be finding new homes.

If the new irons matched with the PXI shaft spin less and are effected as much by the wind, will this mean that won't grab and stop as good as previous offerings? I only ask this as there must be some sort of trade off for less spin and lower trajectory. Also the loft thing intrigues me, stating a club goes further and then knocking a degree of the previous models loft isn't that a tad misleading? I am not sure, I hear alot of guys saying "Just got a new set of irons and man I am knocking them 1o yards more than my old ones. Then I tell them to have a look at the lofts on these. What used to be a 47 degree PW is now a 45 degree pw. So really the current day PW is the nine iron of old. Why are companies continuing to take loft off clubs? Why can't the PW be 47 degree's?

I think we really need to get away from this distance seeking thing and focus on accuracy and stopping power. All the clubs from 5 years ago go far enough when struck well. The better players want feel and accurance not distance and the ability to stop dead or a one hop and stop shot. Just my thoughts.

Thanks again for putting the pictures up and lets hope the lefties get looked after with these being available to them.

JB
[/quote]

Was hoping to get a reply. but maybe the Callaway guys just missed my post.
[/quote]

I just missed this one, sorry. I'm going to get Alan Hocknell, head of R&D to answer this one. He just shot a 79 from the back tees at Bethpage, so he's in a good mood...
[/quote]

Is Allan going to respond to this thread?

Harry,

I do not know if this has been asked or not but,

Will there be a matching "A" Wedge with this set like the previous razr x forged? With the iron lofts getting considerably stronger, It would make sense to incude an option for one to fill in some gaps.

Thanks,
Corey

Complete Overhaul In Progress (might be epic)
Iblades 3-pw px 6.0
Vokey SM5 50*
MD2 56* and 60*
Rife Iconic
Bushnell Pro X7
b330s

"I read greens on a 3rd Grade Level"

[quote name='JB lefty' timestamp='1351592442' post='5866059']
Thank you very much Callaway for putting these pictures up. The irons look superb. My Razr x forged and original proto's are looking like rather worries they will be finding new homes.

If the new irons matched with the PXI shaft spin less and are effected as much by the wind, will this mean that won't grab and stop as good as previous offerings? I only ask this as there must be some sort of trade off for less spin and lower trajectory. Also the loft thing intrigues me, stating a club goes further and then knocking a degree of the previous models loft isn't that a tad misleading? I am not sure, I hear alot of guys saying "Just got a new set of irons and man I am knocking them 1o yards more than my old ones. Then I tell them to have a look at the lofts on these. What used to be a 47 degree PW is now a 45 degree pw. So really the current day PW is the nine iron of old. Why are companies continuing to take loft off clubs? Why can't the PW be 47 degree's?

I think we really need to get away from this distance seeking thing and focus on accuracy and stopping power. All the clubs from 5 years ago go far enough when struck well. The better players want feel and accurance not distance and the ability to stop dead or a one hop and stop shot. Just my thoughts.

Thanks again for putting the pictures up and lets hope the lefties get looked after with these being available to them.

JB
[/quote]

[/quote]

I just missed this one, sorry. I'm going to get Alan Hocknell, head of R&D to answer this one. He just shot a 79 from the back tees at Bethpage, so he's in a good mood...
[/quote]

[/quote]

Sorry, didn't get back to you sooner on this one. The short answer is it depends on your launch condition but the set is designed to have flighted launch conditions. The long irons launch higher, and the short irons launch lower. This is what people talk about with "launch window." So in other words, your irons will appear to launch at the same trajectory and have a similar looking apex. These will not have that ballooning affect you see sometimes with the short irons, especially into the wind.

[quote name='wcm115' timestamp='1351621637' post='5868049']
Harry,

Will there be a matching "A" Wedge with this set like the previous razr x forged? With the iron lofts getting considerably stronger, It would make sense to incude an option for one to fill in some gaps.

Thanks,
Corey
[/quote]

Corey-There wasn't an A wedge planned for the set but we are looking at tooling one up now that the demand we are seeing for this product far surpasses any we've ever had for a forged cb. Stay tuned.

[quote name='Callaway_HarryA' timestamp='1351623662' post='5868263']
Harry,

Thanks,
Corey
[/quote]

Corey-There wasn't an A wedge planned for the set but we are looking at tooling one up now that the demand we are seeing for this product far surpasses any we've ever had for a forged cb. Stay tuned.
[/quote]
I'm still miffed that I can't get forged being a higher handicap. Boooooo! :)

DRIVER:  Callaway Rogue ST 10.5

FAIRWAYS:  Callaway Rogue ST 3, 9, 11 Fairway Woods

HYBRIDS:  Callaway Big Bertha 3 Hybrid, Rogue ST 4 Hybrid

IRONS:  Callaway Rogue ST 4-AW

WEDGES:  Callaway Jaws Raw 50 S Grind, 54 S Grind, 58 Z Grind 

PUTTER:  Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas

BACKUPS:  Odyssey Toulon Garage Le Mans Tri-Hot 5K Double Wide, MannKrafted Custom, Slighter Custom

BALL:  Testing

A man has to have options!

[quote name='Callaway_HarryA' timestamp='1351623662' post='5868263']
Harry,

Thanks,
Corey
[/quote]

[/quote]

Another vote for an A wedge. I have really grown to like a matching gap wedge.

46 isn't bad for a pw.. at least it's not 45 or lower like on tm irons. i play 52 and 58 so it fits in well with my gaps. even my ollllld i5 irons had a 46 pw so i'm used to it.

Sim 9° | Rogue Silver 125msi 60ts
Mavrik SZ 15° | Atmos TS Blue 7s
818H2 19° | Atmos TS Blue 8s

718 T-MB 4i | AMT White s300
718 AP2 5 - GW | DG120 s300 
X Forged 54.14, 58.10 | KBS Tour 125 
Toulon Las Vegas | TP Mills Custom Trad II

and yeah.... these irons look badass. enjoying my razr tours but definitley will be getting these next

Sim 9° | Rogue Silver 125msi 60ts
Mavrik SZ 15° | Atmos TS Blue 7s
818H2 19° | Atmos TS Blue 8s

718 T-MB 4i | AMT White s300
718 AP2 5 - GW | DG120 s300 
X Forged 54.14, 58.10 | KBS Tour 125 
Toulon Las Vegas | TP Mills Custom Trad II

Whereas I agree with all that the Gap is literally the only wedge below a pitch that I would consider playing if it matched the set perfectly...but I still prefer my two wedges after the pitch to look the same..so I will do the 3-PW when the time is right and keep my 52 and 58 in the wedges...they may end up being Callaway wedges though...we will see next year!!

Callaway Mavrik SZ 9.0 VA Composites Nemesys 65 04
Callaway Mavrik SZ 15 VA Composites Nemesys 75 04
Callaway Mavrik Pro Hybrid 18* Veylix Rome 888 S
Callaway 2019 Apex Pro DOT 4-PW Mits MMT 125 TX/ Vega Mizar Tour Oban CT 115 X
Odyssey WHP #3-Stability Tour, Scotty Cameron Special Select Newport 2.5, Toulon Long Island Garage-Stability Shaft
Callaway MD5 Jaws Tour Grey 50/54/58 and  Cobra Tour Versatile 50/54/58 Mitsubishi MMT 125TX Graphite
Lamkin Sonar Plus Wrap

WITB Link

[quote name='Callaway_HarryA' timestamp='1351623523' post='5868243']

JB
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Sorry, didn't get back to you sooner on this one. The short answer is it depends on your launch condition but the set is designed to have flighted launch conditions. The long irons launch higher, and the short irons launch lower. This is what people talk about with "launch window." So in other words, your irons will appear to launch at the same trajectory and have a similar looking apex. These will not have that ballooning affect you see sometimes with the short irons, especially into the wind.
[/quote]

Thank you for the response and I know it is time consuming responding to the multitudes of questions on the site.
I understand launch conditions and how it effects distance. I was more concerned about the spin and why the lofts are being reduced. The fact that the statement was mad ealier that these irons spin less and the flight isd less effected by wind is great. How does the less spin effect stopping power on greens. To me less spin equals less bite on the green. If the new irons matched with the PXI shaft spin less and are not effected as much by the wind, will this mean that won't grab and stop as good as previous offerings? I only ask this as there must be some sort of trade off for less spin and lower trajectory? Can you please explain this?
Less spin means lean spin to me and that would equal less stopping power especially when the short irons will be coming in lower and hotter. Please advise.

[quote name='JB lefty' timestamp='1351654843' post='5870755']
[quote name='Callaway_HarryA' timestamp='1351623523' post='5868243']

JB
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Thank you for the response and I know it is time consuming responding to the multitudes of questions on the site.
I understand launch conditions and how it effects distance. I was more concerned about the spin and why the lofts are being reduced. The fact that the statement was mad ealier that these irons spin less and the flight isd less effected by wind is great. How does the less spin effect stopping power on greens. To me less spin equals less bite on the green. If the new irons matched with the PXI shaft spin less and are not effected as much by the wind, will this mean that won't grab and stop as good as previous offerings? I only ask this as there must be some sort of trade off for less spin and lower trajectory? Can you please explain this?
Less spin means lean spin to me and that would equal less stopping power especially when the short irons will be coming in lower and hotter. Please advise.
[/quote]

Oh sorry, I whiffed on your original question. I'll get the technical answer to that one tomorrow for you. Sorry.

[quote name='Dscvrr St Louis' timestamp='1351653237' post='5870633']
Whereas I agree with all that the Gap is literally the only wedge below a pitch that I would consider playing if it matched the set perfectly...but I still prefer my two wedges after the pitch to look the same..so I will do the 3-PW when the time is right and keep my 52 and 58 in the wedges...they may end up being Callaway wedges though...we will see next year!!
[/quote]

Personally, I'd roll with the 4-PW and have those 18* and 21* X Utilities in my bag, assuming the yardage gaps are acceptable. Me and a 3 iron have never seen eye-to-eye. I could always get along with a 2 iron though...

Ping G400 Max UST Proforce V2
TM M5 15* UST Proforce V2
Callaway Apex UW 19* PX HZRDUS Smoke Black
Srixon ZX5 - 4&5 MMT 105

Srixon ZX7 - 6-PW MMT 105
Edel SMS 50V/54V/58T Nippon 125
Odyssey MXM #1W