2024 Wells Fargo Championship WITB Photos ×

'13 Callaway X Forged Iron Pics (updated 2/2/13 w/ more Pics)

GolfWRX

[quote name='mickeytbones' timestamp='1351206105' post='5846703']
[quote name='chrislca' timestamp='1351203366' post='5846493']
Great looking club. wrong shaft in my opinion. Way too light for the serious amatuer.
[/quote]

Isn't Jason Dufner playing the PXi?

He's sort of good.
[/quote]he doesn't seem very excited about the PXi

Driver Callaway Razr Fit Xtreme
Callaway X Hot Pro 13.5* and 17* FW
Callaway Razr X Tour 21* Hybrid
Callaway Apex Pro 5-PW, Mizuno JPX 50*,
Mizuno MPT-11 54*, Vokey SM4 60/10,
Scotty Cameron Circa 62 #2

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='monkeynaut' timestamp='1351208602' post='5846913']
[quote name='mickeytbones' timestamp='1351206105' post='5846703']
[quote name='chrislca' timestamp='1351203366' post='5846493']
Great looking club. wrong shaft in my opinion. Way too light for the serious amatuer.
[/quote]

Isn't Jason Dufner playing the PXi?

He's sort of good.
[/quote]he doesn't seem very excited about the PXi
[/quote]

He doesn't seem excited about anything!!

Callaway Mavrik SZ 9.0 VA Composites Nemesys 65 04
Callaway Mavrik SZ 15 VA Composites Nemesys 75 04
Callaway Mavrik Pro Hybrid 18* Veylix Rome 888 S
Callaway 2019 Apex Pro DOT 4-PW Mits MMT 125 TX/ Vega Mizar Tour Oban CT 115 X
Odyssey WHP #3-Stability Tour, Scotty Cameron Special Select Newport 2.5, Toulon Long Island Garage-Stability Shaft
Callaway MD5 Jaws Tour Grey 50/54/58 and  Cobra Tour Versatile 50/54/58 Mitsubishi MMT 125TX Graphite
Lamkin Sonar Plus Wrap

WITB Link

[quote name='JB lefty' timestamp='1351156726' post='5842977']
Thank you very much Callaway for putting these pictures up. The irons look superb. My Razr x forged and original proto's are looking like rather worries they will be finding new homes.

If the new irons matched with the PXI shaft spin less and are effected as much by the wind, will this mean that won't grab and stop as good as previous offerings? I only ask this as there must be some sort of trade off for less spin and lower trajectory. Also the loft thing intrigues me, stating a club goes further and then knocking a degree of the previous models loft isn't that a tad misleading? I am not sure, I hear alot of guys saying "Just got a new set of irons and man I am knocking them 1o yards more than my old ones. Then I tell them to have a look at the lofts on these. What used to be a 47 degree PW is now a 45 degree pw. So really the current day PW is the nine iron of old. Why are companies continuing to take loft off clubs? Why can't the PW be 47 degree's?

I think we really need to get away from this distance seeking thing and focus on accuracy and stopping power. All the clubs from 5 years ago go far enough when struck well. The better players want feel and accurance not distance and the ability to stop dead or a one hop and stop shot. Just my thoughts.

Thanks again for putting the pictures up and lets hope the lefties get looked after with these being available to them.

JB
[/quote]

Was hoping to get a reply. but maybe the Callaway guys just missed my post.

[quote name='Callaway_HarryA' timestamp='1351197339' post='5846087']
[quote name='Turbosnake' timestamp='1351196686' post='5846031']
Hey Harry... just curious how are the Musclebacks still selling for you guys? i love them BTW.. i hope you keep making them....
[/quote]

They are doing well. But "well" by MB standards is still a really REALLY small segment of the market. We will always have a true blade iron out there. Roger is already working on the shaping and finish for the next one.
[/quote]

So when are we going to see the complete line of irons and drivers for '13?

[quote name='emcgolfer' timestamp='1351257640' post='5848987']
[quote name='Callaway_HarryA' timestamp='1351197339' post='5846087']
[quote name='Turbosnake' timestamp='1351196686' post='5846031']
Hey Harry... just curious how are the Musclebacks still selling for you guys? i love them BTW.. i hope you keep making them....
[/quote]

They are doing well. But "well" by MB standards is still a really REALLY small segment of the market. We will always have a true blade iron out there. Roger is already working on the shaping and finish for the next one.
[/quote]

So when are we going to see the complete line of irons and drivers for '13?
[/quote]

We're going to talk about one of the drivers in a few weeks.

We have two more sales meetings between now and the end of the year, so I'm sure info will start trickling out soon. And then between now and the PGA show, all of our spring 2013 line will be out.

[quote name='JB lefty' timestamp='1351243211' post='5848563']
Thank you very much Callaway for putting these pictures up. The irons look superb. My Razr x forged and original proto's are looking like rather worries they will be finding new homes.

If the new irons matched with the PXI shaft spin less and are effected as much by the wind, will this mean that won't grab and stop as good as previous offerings? I only ask this as there must be some sort of trade off for less spin and lower trajectory. Also the loft thing intrigues me, stating a club goes further and then knocking a degree of the previous models loft isn't that a tad misleading? I am not sure, I hear alot of guys saying "Just got a new set of irons and man I am knocking them 1o yards more than my old ones. Then I tell them to have a look at the lofts on these. What used to be a 47 degree PW is now a 45 degree pw. So really the current day PW is the nine iron of old. Why are companies continuing to take loft off clubs? Why can't the PW be 47 degree's?

I think we really need to get away from this distance seeking thing and focus on accuracy and stopping power. All the clubs from 5 years ago go far enough when struck well. The better players want feel and accurance not distance and the ability to stop dead or a one hop and stop shot. Just my thoughts.

Thanks again for putting the pictures up and lets hope the lefties get looked after with these being available to them.

JB
[/quote]

[/quote]

I just missed this one, sorry. I'm going to get Alan Hocknell, head of R&D to answer this one. He just shot a 79 from the back tees at Bethpage, so he's in a good mood...

[quote name='Hehateme' timestamp='1351257669' post='5848995']
Why do they have to be $1,000.00???

What happened to irons coming out and retailing at $699 or $799??

Love the looks, but my 07 X Forged might stay in the bag for that amount of coin. I can get Mizuno's for that!
[/quote]

All the forged that hit the floor with a DG or KBS Tour are in the $799 range...the Ctaper or PX or PXi is a $200 upcharge on 8 clubs across all OEM's...so you aren't paying more, just the price for the clubs with that shaft in them. Standard practice will all OEMS...well one wants $1100 for a set with DG's...go figure...and one $1,349 with a PX...go FIGURE on that one too!

Callaway Mavrik SZ 9.0 VA Composites Nemesys 65 04
Callaway Mavrik SZ 15 VA Composites Nemesys 75 04
Callaway Mavrik Pro Hybrid 18* Veylix Rome 888 S
Callaway 2019 Apex Pro DOT 4-PW Mits MMT 125 TX/ Vega Mizar Tour Oban CT 115 X
Odyssey WHP #3-Stability Tour, Scotty Cameron Special Select Newport 2.5, Toulon Long Island Garage-Stability Shaft
Callaway MD5 Jaws Tour Grey 50/54/58 and  Cobra Tour Versatile 50/54/58 Mitsubishi MMT 125TX Graphite
Lamkin Sonar Plus Wrap

WITB Link

In looking at the 2nd pic on page 1 of the 3 iron, not sure if it's the lighting or a really good pic of the leading edge design. I see a sole design that appears to be created to slide thru the grass and not dig. I know Zak's article talked about that alittle but someone of us simpletons need to see it with their own eyes.

Do others concur with what I see?

Callaway B21 9* Diamana Kai'Li 70S (Callaway RFE 9* Diamana Kai'Li 70s backup)
RFE 16.5* 4 wood Diamana Kai'Li 80S
RFE 21.5* 7 wood UST V2 Tour 86gr
Apex 4/Apex Pro 5-PW H45 heads Aerotech i110
Callaway MD3 52-10/58-09 S Grind
Scotty Cameron Newport 2.5 2016

Instagram Link
https://www.instagram.com/michaelfrederickphotography/?hl=en
[twitter]BigDudeGuy72[/twitter]

[quote name='Callaway_HarryA' timestamp='1351297504' post='5852309']
[quote name='Sean2' timestamp='1351296548' post='5852219']
Harry/Chad: If the new X-Forged are ordered at +1 inch are adjustments made for swingweight?
[/quote]

Absolutely. The swing weight is measured before shipping out.
[/quote]
Thank you. My concern was they would be too heavy with the added inch.

[quote name='Golfjunki71' timestamp='1351303162' post='5852731']
Can't you release them now?
[/quote]

I'll check with the Big Leposky (our SVP of Ops) and get some intel on when these bad boys are stateside. Maybe Chad and I will throw together a little giveaway contest on The WRX to get some of these out there to you guys if possible.

I think you guys are really hitting the nail on the head here. There has been a lot of mixed reviews about Callaway and their products on this site. It seemed that people either loved them, or wouldn't give them the time of day. You guys seem to be projecting a more personable side of the company. A couple of guys who are just as crazy about the equipment as all of we are. I have been a life long Callaway fan, so I'm ready to see a comeback. I also love how these pics are stealing TM's thunder. BTW a giveaway would be awesome if you guys decide to go that route.

Taylormade Qi10 9*/Ventus Blue 7X
Taylormade BRNR 13.5*/KBS TD Cat4 
Callaway AI Smoke 7w/AD IZ 8X
Cobra King CB 4-PW w/KBS $Taper
Taylormade Spider Tour Proto 34"
Taylormade MG4 52, 56, 62 S400
Taylormade 2024 TP5X

[quote name='Callaway_HarryA' timestamp='1351303466' post='5852739']
[/quote]

I'll check with the Big Leposky (our SVP of Ops) and get some intel on when these bad boys are stateside. Maybe Chad and I will throw together a little giveaway contest on The WRX to get some of these out there to you guys if possible.
[/quote]

That would be awesome. I'll even buy a Callaway staff bag to get the message out.

Callaway Mavrick Callaway Mavrick SZ 3W Callaway Superhybrid Titleist 510 20 Titleist T100 Vokey SM7 54 and 60 Scotty Cameron T22

[/quote]

[/quote]

Harry,
I don't even need a giveaway. I am willing to pay ..... Pleeeeeaaaaase !!!!!!!

[/quote]

Maybe Chad and I will throw together a little giveaway contest on The WRX to get some of these out there to you guys if possible.
[/quote]

That would be amazing!

[quote name='speeder757' timestamp='1351312537' post='5853315']
[/quote]

[/quote]

Harry,
I don't even need a giveaway. I am willing to pay ..... Pleeeeeaaaaase !!!!!!!
[/quote]

+1

Callaway Mavrick Callaway Mavrick SZ 3W Callaway Superhybrid Titleist 510 20 Titleist T100 Vokey SM7 54 and 60 Scotty Cameron T22

[quote name='Callaway_HarryA' timestamp='1351262102' post='5849319']
[quote name='JB lefty' timestamp='1351243211' post='5848563']

JB
[/quote]

[/quote]

I just missed this one, sorry. I'm going to get Alan Hocknell, head of R&D to answer this one. He just shot a 79 from the back tees at Bethpage, so he's in a good mood...
[/quote]

Thank you.

Here you go, guys. This is the 6-iron, and sorry it's sitting at a slightly weird angle - but you get the idea. The thing our tour players who tested it this week love is the thin top line (not quite as thin as the MB's, but pretty close). I heard on several occasions, "When you address the ball, you'd never guess this iron was a cavity back."

304352_425429174189294_2024207681_n.jpg

I'm playing the 09 X forged and the top line looks quite similar. Just like the Legacy which is the Asian equivalent. Would be great if it came in satin as there's a lot of glare off the chrome finish. That's the 710 AP2 vs the 712 AP2 experience.

[/quote]

[/quote] That would be awesome.They're the best looking iron in 2013- IMO!!!! :smilie_cally:

Adams 9015D w/X con4,Ping G20 w/HD6& [color=#0000CD Mizuno JPX 900 5 & 7 woods,Mashie 3 & 4
Bridgestone J40 DPC’s & S3 Pro’s,Mizuno S7 54 & 58
[color=#FF0000]Bettinardi SS7, BC1,Ping Anser 1968 BeCu

[quote name='GoogleMe' timestamp='1351009005' post='5833603']
I KNEW THEY WERE GOING TO RUIN THEM BY ADDIND BADGES !!!!!!!!

They were perfect with NO badges.
[/quote]

It does not look to me like that badge ruined anything ... is there any chance that you might be a little to picky for your own good ?? it's a golf club for crying outloud ! , not something that's going to a fashion show