2024 PGA Championship WITB Photos ×

2013 Callaway Razr Fit Xtreme Driver: Pics & Tech Specs

GolfWRX

[quote name='Mizzy23' timestamp='1357426203' post='6174587']
Would you guys say the rht is the best feeling/sounding driver you have hit?
[/quote]

I would and best ballspeeds for me.

Callaway Mavrick Callaway Mavrick SZ 3W Callaway Superhybrid Titleist 510 20 Titleist T100 Vokey SM7 54 and 60 Scotty Cameron T22

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='TKD24' timestamp='1357424958' post='6174505']
[quote name='My2Dogs' timestamp='1357424637' post='6174483']

Not understanding your reply? The Fazr Fit because of the composite sounds muted. The Xtreme is going to be louder and more metallic. The RBZ is the metallic sound. What is obnoxious about the Razr Fit? It's fairly quiet?
[/quote]

I don't know, but the Razr Fit gives me a pretty significantly loud crack (much more exaggerated in the closed top range I practice at, but also on the course), while the RBZ, albeit metallic-y(?), is more muted [i]in my opinion[/i].

I got my RBZ after my Razr Fit, and the first thing I said was, "oohhh, I like that sound." My regular 4some thought the same. We like to describe it as a "muted crack."
[/quote]

Interesting. I was the exact opposite. The Fit sounded muted and great. The RBZ made my ears bleed... And now, the new r1 and rbz topsheets make my eyes bleed.

Callaway Paradym Triple 💎 10.5* Ventus Blue 6X/TR 6S
Titleist TSR2 16.5* (Set to 15.75*) Tour AD DI 7S
Titleist TSR2 18* Hybrid Tour AD IZ 85S
Titleist u505 4i (21*) Tour AD DI 95S

Srixon Zx7 MK II 5-PW, 51* AW - Modus 105S
Callaway Jaws 56*-Jaws Full Toe 60*-  DG 115 TI S200

Toulon Garage Custom Las Vegas H7 35”

[quote name='Callaway_HarryA' timestamp='1357424546' post='6174475']
I am sure the guys who have hit it can chime in here, but the Xtreme doesn't have a loud, obnoxious sound. It is in the same frequency as the Razr Hawk Tour.
[/quote]

Yes. The sound is a THWACK off the club head. Really a phenomenal feel to it when struck well. Much less metallic sounding than the Razr FIT. Everyone who saw it today at the golf shop was GUSHING over it, and that was coming from the Titleist guys too. It's sounds fantastic. I'm totally shocked. And I LOVED the Razr Hawk Tour.

Kudos to Callaway for bringing the sound BACK. They are bringing sexy back.

[quote name='Hookasaurus Rex' timestamp='1357427275' post='6174665']
Not understanding your reply? The Fazr Fit because of the composite sounds muted. The Xtreme is going to be louder and more metallic. The RBZ is the metallic sound. What is obnoxious about the Razr Fit? It's fairly quiet?
[/quote]

I don't know, but the Razr Fit gives me a pretty significantly loud crack (much more exaggerated in the closed top range I practice at, but also on the course), while the RBZ, albeit metallic-y(?), is more muted [i]in my opinion[/i].

I got my RBZ after my Razr Fit, and the first thing I said was, "oohhh, I like that sound." My regular 4some thought the same. We like to describe it as a "muted crack."
[/quote]

Interesting. I was the exact opposite. The Fit sounded muted and great. The RBZ made my ears bleed... And now, the new r1 and rbz topsheets make my eyes bleed.
[/quote]

Both were awful - especially the Rocketballz. RFit was not a true representation of the flagship composite Callaway offering that we've come to know.

Callaway 816 DBD 9° Speeder TS
Titleist 915f 15° Diamana Blue
Callaway Apex Pro hybrid 3/20°
Callaway Apex Pro '16 4-A, Modus 120-TS
Vokey 50/54/60
Odyssey Works Rossie

[quote name='Hookasaurus Rex' timestamp='1357427275' post='6174665']

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Exactly. My Razr Fit is very muted. I wonder if his is either cracked or has a defect? I am willin to bet the RBZ he has some hot melt in it. I got an Adams LL last year and it was so loud compared to my RF that I hated it. Put some hot melt in it and it sounds and feels great.

Can't wait for the Xtreme as the only issue I had with the RF was the spin. If it lowers it but keeps all the other characteristics it's gonna be perfect IMO.

PS would love a double cog in it as that would just give me the extra adjustment I like.

Callaway Paradym Smoke AI Triple Diamond 9* Proxima 6X

PXG Black Ops Tour-1 9* Ventus Blue Plus 6X

TM Stealth2 Plus 3 wood 15*- Ventus TR Blue 7X
Callaway Rogue “T” Triple Diamond 19* 5 wood- Ventus TR Blue 8X
4-PW PXG Gen5 Darkness 0311T MMT 105TX 2* flat
PXG Sugar Daddy 2  50* Axiom 125X
PXG Sugar Daddy 2  54* Axiom 125X
PXG Sugar Daddy 2  58* Axiom 125X
LAB Mezz Max-heavy version, 35” with Stability Tour Fire shaft. Press II 3.0 grip
PXG Hybrid stand bag

[quote name='golfware' timestamp='1357429868' post='6174869']
I am sure the guys who have hit it can chime in here, but the Xtreme doesn't have a loud, obnoxious sound. It is in the same frequency as the Razr Hawk Tour.
[/quote]

Yes. The sound is a THWACK off the club head. Really a phenomenal feel to it when struck well. Much less metallic sounding than the Razr FIT. Everyone who saw it today at the golf shop was GUSHING over it, and that was coming from the Titleist guys too. It's sounds fantastic. I'm totally shocked. And I LOVED the Razr Hawk Tour.

[/quote]

You made my day - The two longest drivers I've owned, without question were the FT3 and the FT-Tour. I've always loved Callaways premiere drivers. Glad it's back!

(even though I don't trust a word you say based on your bag)

Callaway 816 DBD 9° Speeder TS
Titleist 915f 15° Diamana Blue
Callaway Apex Pro hybrid 3/20°
Callaway Apex Pro '16 4-A, Modus 120-TS
Vokey 50/54/60
Odyssey Works Rossie

[quote name='station2station' timestamp='1357431396' post='6175001']
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Muah ha ha ha. You've made my day! That made me laugh out loud.

But honestly, everyone that held the RFE today at Harding was really impressed with the looks of it. And the fellas I played with were really impressed with the sound of it. It has a near "pear shape" quality to it and at 440cc, it's just looks like a "playas" driver, yet has a ton of forgiveness. Now mind you, first time on the course I heeled one and it sounded very metallic. First thought was "whoa, what happened to the muted sound" and then looked at the face and it was on the heel. Okay gotcha. Mental note on the feedback.

After I'd warmed up just a smidge, hit several more drives dead center and the feel was like "DAMN that was nice". Really has a solid thwack to it. Really does. And for comparison sake, I found the R11S and RBZ to be ear bleeding loud. Not this driver.

[quote name='Callaway_HarryA' timestamp='1357425091' post='6174515']
I'll be updating my bag on 1/25 like everyone else. I will usually wait until the actual retail date to play new stuff. Don't know why I do that. Maybe just superstition.
[/quote]
I'll call it class. I think it's cool of you to update your bag only when all of us can too.
Respects the idea of the Product Launch.

Driver Callaway Razr Fit Xtreme
Callaway X Hot Pro 13.5* and 17* FW
Callaway Razr X Tour 21* Hybrid
Callaway Apex Pro 5-PW, Mizuno JPX 50*,
Mizuno MPT-11 54*, Vokey SM4 60/10,
Scotty Cameron Circa 62 #2

Ramon- Harding. Love that course. You dirty dog! Haha

LAB Mezz Max-heavy version, 35” with Stability Tour Fire shaft. Press II 3.0 grip
PXG Hybrid stand bag

[quote name='golfware' timestamp='1357432253' post='6175077']
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

But honestly, everyone that held the RFE today at Harding was really impressed with the looks of it. And the fellas I played with were really impressed with the sound of it. It has a near "pear shape" quality to it and at 440cc, it's just looks like a "playas" driver, yet has a ton of forgiveness. Now mind you, first time on the course I heeled one and it sounded very metallic. First thought was "whoa, what happened to the muted sound" and then looked at the face and it was on the heel. Okay gotcha. Mental note on the feedback.

After I'd warmed up just a smidge, hit several more drives dead center and the feel was like "DAMN that was nice". Really has a solid thwack to it. Really does. And for comparison sake, I found the R11S and RBZ to be ear bleeding loud. Not this driver.
[/quote]

You and Harry made my day too. What shaft are you using?

Callaway Mavrick Callaway Mavrick SZ 3W Callaway Superhybrid Titleist 510 20 Titleist T100 Vokey SM7 54 and 60 Scotty Cameron T22

[quote name='My2Dogs' timestamp='1357431351' post='6174995']
Exactly. My Razr Fit is very muted. I wonder if his is either cracked or has a defect? I am willin to bet the RBZ he has some hot melt in it. I got an Adams LL last year and it was so loud compared to my RF that I hated it. Put some hot melt in it and it sounds and feels great.

Can't wait for the Xtreme as the only issue I had with the RF was the spin. If it lowers it but keeps all the other characteristics it's gonna be perfect IMO.

PS would love a double cog in it as that would just give me the extra adjustment I like.
[/quote]

It's definitely not cracked or defective. My golf buddy's Razr Fit sounds exactly like mine and like every other I've tried (testing different shafts). As far as the RBZ goes, I'm also certain it doesn't have hot melt in it as it is not tour issue or bought second hand.

That being said, keep in mind there is some subjectivity to sound with the exception to decibel level.

I don't think I've ever heard someone call the Razr Fit "very muted" but, to you and some others, maybe it does. For me, the sound was not what convinced me to put it in my bag. I love everything else about it.

I can't wait to get out and hit this thing. Likely i'll go to my local GG for their XHot launch weekend event and test this out between the xhot and my Diablo Octane Tour currently in the bag. I'm definitely leaning RFE though.

Really hoping gg has some of the Black Tie shafts in when I go to hit this, as I would like to see the differences in that and the trinity. my ss is usually around 109, but need my spin down.

#TeamCallaway

[/quote]

[/quote]

You made my day - The two longest drivers I've owned, without question were the FT3 and the FT-Tour. I've always loved Callaways premiere drivers. Glad it's back!

[/quote]

The last Callaway driver I actually played with (not just tested, etc.) was the FT-3 standard model 10* Fade Bias.........thing was a beast - hoping the new stuff is back to that kind of pop......FT-3, FT Tour, etc.......(besides testing it out to collect data on performance, never played more than a couple rounds with an FT Tour as for whatever reason Lefty's always got dissed and offered nothing but a 9.5* loft)

Can't wait to put the new stuff through its paces real soon......

[quote name='Golfjunki71' timestamp='1357432866' post='6175131']
[quote name='golfware' timestamp='1357432253' post='6175077']
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

You and Harry made my day too. What shaft are you using?
[/quote]

Motore Speeder Tour Spec 6.3 X.

[quote name='xThor' timestamp='1357436216' post='6175429']
I can't wait to get out and hit this thing. Likely i'll go to my local GG for their XHot launch weekend event and test this out between the xhot and my Diablo Octane Tour currently in the bag. I'm definitely leaning RFE though.

Really hoping gg has some of the Black Tie shafts in when I go to hit this, as I would like to see the differences in that and the trinity. my ss is usually around 109, but need my spin down.
[/quote]

The Black Tie is very tip stiff. It'll kill the spin for sure.

[quote name='station2station' timestamp='1357422789' post='6174303']
[i]"[color=#000000]Composite materials such as the Forged Composite that the RAZR Fit Xtreme[/color] [color=#000000]driver uses in its crown have a tendency to mute a driver's sound and cause a "thud" feeling at impact. According to Gibbs, [b]Callaway engineers worked hard[/b] on the acoustics of the driver [/color][color=#000000][b]making sure it had a "[/b][/color][color=#0000cd][b]loud and metallic[/b][/color][color=#000000][b]" sound."[/b][/color][/i]

Meanwhile tour players and good players alike are hot melting their heads to get the muted sound. If Callaway is altering one of the best attributes of their drivers, the muted sound, they will sell about six of these and then go out of business…finally. Sad. I used to love Callaway drivers. I'm hopeful this club is a return to the quality days of the FT. Last years RAZR Fit was designed by committee. Not one player at my club owns one.
[/quote]

If you search for a recent thread on WRX it was shown that the most favoured driver for 2012 was the RAZR FIT.

Driver: Callaway Big Bertha Alpha 815
FW: Callaway Big Bertha 3W
FW: Callaway Big Bertha 5W
Hybrid: Callaway RAZR X Tour 3H
Irons: Callaway Apex 4-9, PW, AW, SW
Putter: Odyssey Metal X Milled #9HT

[quote name='Callaway_HarryA' timestamp='1357446676' post='6176343']
[quote name='station2station' timestamp='1357445006' post='6176229']
I believe you, Harry, but:
[/quote]

Look at that! But it's actually a week earlier than that. We have to correct that on the website. Thanks for the heads up.
[/quote]

Thanks you made my 2013.

Sweet 1-18 for the Xtreme. Dang I'm going to have to buy a few drivers again this year as I will be going back to the stores a few times with all the release dates.

Ramon- that RFX looks dam good with that Speeder. Did you ever hit it with the Black Tie? If so what was the difference?

PXG Hybrid stand bag

[quote name='My2Dogs' timestamp='1357453009' post='6176769']
Sweet 1-18 for the Xtreme. Dang I'm going to have to buy a few drivers again this year as I will be going back to the stores a few times with all the release dates.

Ramon- that RFX looks dam good with that Speeder. Did you ever hit it with the Black Tie? If so what was the difference?
[/quote]

Yes. I hit the 7M3 in stiff and X flex. It's a very tip stiff shaft. Tight dispersion with a tad harsher feel than the Motore Speeder. I've had phenomenal success with Speeders and Motore Speeders, as for me they are some of the smoothest shafts in the planet. The 6.3 is a bit more mid spin than the 6.2, which is ideal for me.

The 7M3 is a stout shaft no doubt. Really brings the spin down too due to being tip stiff.

[quote name='Callaway_HarryA' timestamp='1357446676' post='6176343']
[quote name='station2station' timestamp='1357445006' post='6176229']
I believe you, Harry, but:
[/quote]

Look at that! But it's actually a week earlier than that. We have to correct that on the website. Thanks for the heads up.
[/quote]

Harry is there more lefty loft options being released in the xhot and xhot pro range? 13.5? 17?

[quote name='golfware' timestamp='1357453742' post='6176805']

[/quote]

Yes. I hit the 7M3 in stiff and X flex. It's a very tip stiff shaft. Tight dispersion with a tad harsher feel than the Motore Speeder. I've had phenomenal success with Speeders and Motore Speeders, as for me they are some of the smoothest shafts in the planet. The 6.3 is a bit more mid spin than the 6.2, which is ideal for me.

The 7M3 is a stout shaft no doubt. Really brings the spin down too due to being tip stiff.
[/quote][quote name='golfware' timestamp='1357453742' post='6176805']

[/quote]

[/quote]

Thanks might have to try it out at Haggin with their fitting cart. Only time I hit the Black Tie was in the TEE XCG6 3 wood and it felt really nice. Easy to load, launched nice and straight and did not balloon but not too low either. Could work it either way and one reason I want to try it in the RFX. BTW the Black Tie in the TEE is the real deal I was told and not made for. Had all the reg graphics on it.

PXG Hybrid stand bag

[quote name='My2Dogs' timestamp='1357457706' post='6176911']

[/quote]

[/quote][quote name='golfware' timestamp='1357453742' post='6176805']

[/quote]

[/quote]

Thanks might have to try it out at Haggin with their fitting cart. Only time I hit the Black Tie was in the TEE XCG6 3 wood and it felt really nice. Easy to load, launched nice and straight and did not balloon but not too low either. Could work it either way and one reason I want to try it in the RFX. BTW the Black Tie in the TEE is the real deal I was told and not made for. Had all the reg graphics on it.
[/quote]

Sweet. Yep. Real deal in the RFE as well.

[/quote]

[/quote]

Sounds like 5 or 6 bills to me? LOL. DD to the rescue!

If the spin is sub 2400 for me i am on this. Wanted a fit last year but at d7 or 8
i was like uh no thanks. I dont want to visit the chiro after each round. D3 is great.

Currently or was gaming a LL with Fubuki A and was right at 2350.

Have not hit a VR Ltd i picked up b4 the holidays. Waiting for 60 degrees and some sun.

Cheers