2024 PGA Championship WITB Photos ×

2013 Callaway Razr Fit Xtreme Driver: Pics & Tech Specs

GolfWRX

[quote name='PingIrelandS57' timestamp='1357578371' post='6183615']
whats the point? COR is at its limit. Im a club hoe and can tell you through experience that the Newest fitted very rarely if ever beats a previous years .newest when fitted. Its just wasting money as all that really changes is cosmetics
[/quote]

It's difficult to beat a properly fitted driver from the last few years in regards to good shots. But the OEM'S can improve the numbers on miss hits and as you mentioned feel/appearance.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When will we see some photos and info. on the RFX FWs?
And how do they compare to the X-Hot FW?

DRIVERS:  BLACK OPS TOUR 9* and 10.5*,  Diamana WB 53X / Ventus Blue+ 5X / Vanquish 4TX

FAIRWAYS:  TAYLORMADE STEALTH 2+ FAIRWAYS/HYBRIDS:  R13.5( FW Rocket TI), 12.8*, Kaili White/Blue 70X;  #3 FW, 15.0*, Kaili Blue 70X/Red 75X;  #4 FW TI, 16.6*, Kaili White 70TX;  #6 FW TI, 20.3*, Kaili White 80TX;  #3 HY 19.5*, Kaili White 90TX; #4 HY 22*, Kaili White 90X

TAYLORMADE `24 P Series UDI 17* and 22*, Recoil Dart 105X

PXG 0317T, Xtreme Dark, 5 - GW, LAGP L Series, X // PXG 0317CB, Xtreme Dark, 5 - GW, LAGP L Series, X

PXG 0317ST, Xtreme Dark, 6 - GW, KBS CTaper LE Black 125 S+

PXG  GEN0311XP, Double Black, 4 - LW, LAGP L Series, X

TAYLORMADE P7TW, 5 - GW, LAGP L Series, X

PXG 0311 Sugar Daddy II Milled Wedges, Xtreme Dark, 54*/10, 56*/10, 58*/10, 62*/10; // LAGP L Series, S

SCOTTY CAMERON CONCEPT X 7.2 LTD,  LAGOLF P 135g shaft // LAGOLF BEL-AIR X Forged Carbon Putter // TOULON GARAGE - Austin Custom Rose Gold // STEWART GOLF Q Follow Electric Cart..Carbon // SKYCADDIE SX550 // COBALT Q6 Slope

[quote name='golfware' timestamp='1357577474' post='6183543']
[quote name='station2station' timestamp='1357575382' post='6183337']
The web and marketing groups aren't in concert with the engineering group. The end effect of that breakdown is that serious golfers don't think Callaway is as serious as they might be. Add in the NV-S shaft from last year.... (on their flagship product?)
[/quote]

Well that's a LOT different this year. I can tell you first hand that Harry and Doc Hock (and Evan) are well connected and in tune with each other. This isn't last years Callaway. That much I can assure you. BIG differences abound.
[/quote]

And if this is true I applaud them…and I'm on-board.

Callaway 816 DBD 9° Speeder TS
Titleist 915f 15° Diamana Blue
Callaway Apex Pro hybrid 3/20°
Callaway Apex Pro '16 4-A, Modus 120-TS
Vokey 50/54/60
Odyssey Works Rossie

[quote name='station2station' timestamp='1357573644' post='6183155']
[quote name='golfware' timestamp='1357523072' post='6180845']
[quote name='enduro' timestamp='1357504138' post='6179079']
Much as I like Callaway drivers I cant see any compelling reason to choose the Extreme over last years Fit. Maybe the new Trinity shaft will be better than the horrible Ripd NV , but they still have same limited adjust-ability of last year. Other than a newer and uglier paint job the head looks almost the same as last year. The only real changes are in the lower lofts where Callaway traded a bit of forgiveness for ballspeed.

I would have much preferred to see loft -face angle be adjustable independent of each other and lie adjustment.
[/quote]

Well I can tell you that once you see the RFE and hit it, you'll want one. 500 less from the FIT, really beautiful profile and just as forgiving.
[/quote]

This may seem a bit petty on my part but that's one more thing Callaway doesn't understand that makes me scratch my head. They post a million photos on their website of the clubs graphics and arbitrary strange artistic angles. But not the most important angle to serious golfers; the address view. They don't come off as a player's club company anymore - they show off how "bedazzled" their clubs are like TMAG. They might as well superimpose it flying through outer space shooting lasers.

Take a page out of Titleist's book. Show the address view. Take a page out of Mizuno's playbook; talk seriously talk about the engineering, not Lamborghini race cars. Put Doc Hoc front and center.

I'll still give it a whirl to see if it's possibly as good as the FT-TA.
[/quote]

It's good feedback. We are working to get up an address view on the site. I believe we had some address views when we did tweet to unleash, we just didn't get them up yet (which is a whiff). We'll fix it.

As for the tech packages on the site as well, we have a ton of stuff we are going to be adding in the next ten days. We weren't initially planning on pre selling this driver on callawaygolf.com but were asked to by a lot of consumers so we did. Just a little late on all the content. Mea culpa.

[quote name='Callaway_HarryA' timestamp='1357615345' post='6188007']
[quote name='station2station' timestamp='1357573644' post='6183155']
[quote name='golfware' timestamp='1357523072' post='6180845']
[quote name='enduro' timestamp='1357504138' post='6179079']
Much as I like Callaway drivers I cant see any compelling reason to choose the Extreme over last years Fit. Maybe the new Trinity shaft will be better than the horrible Ripd NV , but they still have same limited adjust-ability of last year. Other than a newer and uglier paint job the head looks almost the same as last year. The only real changes are in the lower lofts where Callaway traded a bit of forgiveness for ballspeed.

I would have much preferred to see loft -face angle be adjustable independent of each other and lie adjustment.
[/quote]

Well I can tell you that once you see the RFE and hit it, you'll want one. 500 less from the FIT, really beautiful profile and just as forgiving.
[/quote]

This may seem a bit petty on my part but that's one more thing Callaway doesn't understand that makes me scratch my head. They post a million photos on their website of the clubs graphics and arbitrary strange artistic angles. But not the most important angle to serious golfers; the address view. They don't come off as a player's club company anymore - they show off how "bedazzled" their clubs are like TMAG. They might as well superimpose it flying through outer space shooting lasers.

Take a page out of Titleist's book. Show the address view. Take a page out of Mizuno's playbook; talk seriously talk about the engineering, not Lamborghini race cars. Put Doc Hoc front and center.

[/quote]

It's good feedback. We are working to get up an address view on the site. I believe we had some address views when we did tweet to unleash, we just didn't get them up yet (which is a whiff). We'll fix it.

As for the tech packages on the site as well, we have a ton of stuff we are going to be adding in the next ten days. We weren't initially planning on pre selling this driver on callawaygolf.com but were asked to by a lot of consumers so we did. Just a little late on all the content. Mea culpa.
[/quote]
Ask and you shall receive... That's why they're here...

DRIVER:  Callaway Rogue ST 10.5

FAIRWAYS:  Callaway Rogue ST 3, 9, 11 Fairway Woods

HYBRIDS:  Callaway Big Bertha 3 Hybrid, Rogue ST 4 Hybrid

IRONS:  Callaway Rogue ST 4-AW

WEDGES:  Callaway Jaws Raw 50 S Grind, 54 S Grind, 58 Z Grind 

PUTTER:  Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas

BACKUPS:  Odyssey Toulon Garage Le Mans Tri-Hot 5K Double Wide, MannKrafted Custom, Slighter Custom

BALL:  Testing

A man has to have options!

MAN this driver is a freaking CANNON. Every round I play with it, I gain more and more confidence. No joke.

Played today and had a tremendous round driving the ball. It's incredibly forgiving. I'll say this. On my mishits, I was 5 yards further than my buddies, and on my pure strikes I was 25 yards further. It was crazy. All of my buddies love the look too. It really has dropped the spin rate for me. I was playing a HEX Black Tour and it's stupid long.

Shots closer to the toe come back on a nice draw. And closer to the heel give a decent fade that loses maybe 10 or so yards. Total confidence inspiring. Damn!! This driver is legit!!

Here's a comparison shot the Razr Fit is on top. As you can see completely different heads.

581d75317b1454d9a7ee8987f5f280b2.jpg

Titleist TSR3 8* / Fuji Ventus Black TR 6X               

Titleist TSR2+ / Fuji Ventus Black TR 7X               

Callaway UW / Fuji Ventu Black 8X

Edel SMS iron 4-5 / DG TI X100 /////  SMS PRO irons 6-PW / DG TI X100

Edel SMS 50V, 54T, 60T / DG TI S400/ BGT ZNE 130

Edel PROTO

[quote name='JB lefty' timestamp='1357646451' post='6189241']
Does anyone know if the fairway woods in the extreme range are 1* open in the S setting the same as the XHP is? The website only has them listed as adjustable. Thanks Guys.

JB
[/quote]

Mine looks about .5* open at address, maybe a hair more. I wouldn't call it 1*. I will take a picture tonight when I get home from work for you.

CJPSignatureV3.png.c58dade69e39827f99ae02c309fb82e2.png

Instagram  |  iTunes  |  SoundCloud  |  Spotify | YouTube

Here's a comparison shot the Razr Fit is on top. As you can see completely different heads.

Thanks for showing that. I do prefer the look of the Xtreme over the Razr Fit when looking at that comparison picture. Very excited to get one!

LEFT HANDED

Callaway Paradym Smoke TD with Metaflex 5H shaft 
Titleist TSR2 16.5 degree fwy with Ventus Red 7 stiff shaft
Ping G430 19 and 22 degree hybrids with Ventus Blue HB 8 stiff shaft
Srixon ZX7 mkii 5-PW with Fuji Axiom 105 stiff shafts

Titleist SM9 50F, 54D, 58T wedge with Fuji Axiom 105 stiff shafts
L.A.B. MEZZ Max putter with LAGP putter shaft

[quote name='BirdieBob' timestamp='1357598543' post='6186011']
When will we see some photos and info. on the RFX FWs?
And how do they compare to the X-Hot FW?
[/quote]

I haven't hit the X-Hot FW but have hit the RFX 4 wood. The head is a huge improvement over last year, which was one of my favorite three woods ever. The RFX launches lower with very low spin, and I will play the 4 wood over the 3 because of this. Not a fan of the Trinity shaft....felt like a noodle to me. Will try it with the black tie or order one with V2 85.

Thanks for showing that. I do prefer the look of the Xtreme over the Razr Fit when looking at that comparison picture. Very excited to get one!

I have to agree. The RFX looks much better. Dangit and I wanted to hold off and stay with the FIT this year since I got it in late october.

Driver: Callaway Big Bertha Alpha 815
FW: Callaway Big Bertha 3W
FW: Callaway Big Bertha 5W
Hybrid: Callaway RAZR X Tour 3H
Irons: Callaway Apex 4-9, PW, AW, SW
Putter: Odyssey Metal X Milled #9HT

I have to agree. The RFX looks much better. Dangit and I wanted to hold off and stay with the FIT this year since I got it in late october.

Sorry, I feel your pain. The Xtreme clearly looks like more of a player's club, while in comparison, the Razr Fit has the 460cc game improvement club look to it. I didn't notice this until seeing them side by side.

LEFT HANDED

By the way, I just bought a TA Fit double cog adaptor on eBay. They are expensive ($50), but available if you want one.

LEFT HANDED

[quote name='redraider1685' timestamp='1357656110' post='6189793']
callawrx guys did you hit the RFE with an AD-DI I noticed most of you guys went with the speeder tour specs just wondering if you tested out some other combos first
[/quote]

I have a DI-6s that I will test out next and let you know how it feels. I liked that shaft a lot, just found more yards with the new Project Xv.

And from the looks of that comparison pic the old double cog adapter will work in the RFE.

Callaway Ai Smoke Max 9* with a Graphite Design ADIZ 60S
Srixon ZX MkII 3W & 5W with Ventus Red TR 6 VeloCore 
Srixon ZX MkII 3H & 4H with ADDI 75S
Srixon ZX5 5-PW w/ steelfiber i95S
Vokey SM7 52S, 56M, 60K jet black finish.
Toulon Las Vegas

[quote name='golfware' timestamp='1357625563' post='6188821']
MAN this driver is a freaking CANNON. Every round I play with it, I gain more and more confidence. No joke.

Played today and had a tremendous round driving the ball. It's incredibly forgiving. I'll say this. On my mishits, I was 5 yards further than my buddies, and on my pure strikes I was 25 yards further. It was crazy. All of my buddies love the look too. It really has dropped the spin rate for me. I was playing a HEX Black Tour and it's stupid long.

Shots closer to the toe come back on a nice draw. And closer to the heel give a decent fade that loses maybe 10 or so yards. Total confidence inspiring. Damn!! This driver is legit!!
[/quote]

You may have said this in a previous post but what shaft are you using?

Ping G430 10k
Titleist TSR2+ Tour AD DI
Titleist TSR2 18 Speeder 757 Evo V

Ping G430 22 hybrid

Titleist T350 5-7

Titleist T200 8-48
Ping s159 54,60
Scotty Cameron Jet Setter NP2

[quote name='notlonuf' timestamp='1357662119' post='6190433']
And from the looks of that comparison pic the old double cog adapter will work in the RFE.
[/quote]

The adapters, both single and double cog, will work in the Razr Fit Xtreme. Nice that you can carry over a shaft from your 2012 Razr Fit to the new model. I have quite a few I will enjoy trading out depending on my mood!

[quote name='knudson81' timestamp='1357663653' post='6190597']
[quote name='notlonuf' timestamp='1357662119' post='6190433']
[/quote]

The adapters, both single and double cog, will work in the Razr Fit Xtreme. Nice that you can carry over a shaft from your 2012 Razr Fit to the new model. I have quite a few I will enjoy trading out depending on my mood!
[/quote]and X Hot Driver.

This is a good move on Callaway.

Driver: Callaway Big Bertha Alpha 815
FW: Callaway Big Bertha 3W
FW: Callaway Big Bertha 5W
Hybrid: Callaway RAZR X Tour 3H
Irons: Callaway Apex 4-9, PW, AW, SW
Putter: Odyssey Metal X Milled #9HT

[quote name='redraider1685' timestamp='1357656110' post='6189793']
callawrx guys did you hit the RFE with an AD-DI I noticed most of you guys went with the speeder tour specs just wondering if you tested out some other combos first
[/quote]

I didn't personally. I did not ha e good success with that shaft in the 910 head, so unfortunately I did not hit it. Although others may have. I hit it with the 7M3, the Motore Speeder Tour Spec 6.2 and 6.3, the TP6HD, the Radix 7, an Ahina 60, the Fubuki Alpha 60 and 70, the Diamana Whiteboard 73, the Motore Speeder 6.0 and the VTS Silver. Damn. No wonder I had time for little else. I was too busy chasing shafts!! LOL

[quote name='sofla' timestamp='1357662620' post='6190505']
[quote name='golfware' timestamp='1357625563' post='6188821']

[/quote]

You may have said this in a previous post but what shaft are you using?
[/quote]

Motore Speeder Tour Spec 6.3x. Less tip stiff than the 6.2.

No problem on the pic guys glad it helped you get an idea of HOW different it actually is. Crazy when you see them side by side. And the RFX is a LOW SPIN LOW LAUNCH BEAST. Be prepared when ordering.

FYI I'm comparing these 3 shafts this week and will declare a winner
Speeder Tour Spec 7.2X
Graphite Design Tour AD DI 7x
Graphite Design Tour AD BB 7x

Edel PROTO

[quote name='J13' timestamp='1357677262' post='6192045']
No problem on the pic guys glad it helped you get an idea of HOW different it actually is. Crazy when you see them side by side. And the RFX is a LOW SPIN LOW LAUNCH BEAST. Be prepared when ordering.

Speeder Tour Spec 7.2X
[/quote]

Awesome. You can send the losers my way, and in my great generosity I'll pay for shipping.

Cobra King LTD 9*, Fujikura Ventus TR Red 6X
Cobra King Tec 17*, Fujikura Axiom 105S

Adams A12 19*, Diamana Thump X
TM TP MC/MB, Fujikura Axiom 105S 
Vokey 250.08, SM9 54-S & 60-V, DG S400
Toulon Palm Beach

[quote name='Puppetmaster' timestamp='1357678152' post='6192153']

Speeder Tour Spec 7.2X
[/quote]

Awesome. You can send the losers my way, and in my great generosity I'll pay for shipping.
[/quote]

haha thanks for the help in disposal but I'll need shaft for the Xhot Pro I'll probably buy as well ;-)

Edel PROTO

Hey, it it was worth a shot... LOL.

Everything looks so good that I'm tempted to go pay for a CPC fitting so I can try all three driver heads, and FWs too. Might be a wiser investment than buying them all. Then again, they will start appearing on the BST in a matter of time...

Cobra King LTD 9*, Fujikura Ventus TR Red 6X
Cobra King Tec 17*, Fujikura Axiom 105S

Adams A12 19*, Diamana Thump X
TM TP MC/MB, Fujikura Axiom 105S 
Vokey 250.08, SM9 54-S & 60-V, DG S400
Toulon Palm Beach

[quote name='J13' timestamp='1357679180' post='6192277']
[quote name='Puppetmaster' timestamp='1357678152' post='6192153']

Speeder Tour Spec 7.2X
[/quote]

[/quote]

haha thanks for the help in disposal but I'll need shaft for the Xhot Pro I'll probably buy as well ;-)
[/quote]

Great minds think alike!!! Although I'm more inclined to the X HOT. Matt was playing that and KILLED it straight.

Plus I'll never forget Zak's comment to HIP "did you see my ballflight?? No why would I want to switch?" Classic!!

Like many of you was not dreaming of buying another driver but the low spin with the older school/modern players look! Ouch. I bought a Razr Fit last year. It was ok. Then put a GD Tour AD DI6x in it. Wow. An incredible shaft. I started to play golf differently than i ever had. Got an RBZ Tour three wood and went on the launch monitor from 255 with an xcg4 to about 285. I might have had a lot of ss but i had been hitting head/shaft combos that were around 4000 rpm's! Sounds improbable but radical spin change. My ss is around 112 with a driver and went to an x flex and that alone was 600 rpm's. I have hit quite a few shafts and it is no wonder you see the orange shaft on every tour all over the world. For those struggling with spin go up a flex. Might work. With some equip changes now around 2700 and never hit it this far, i am almost 50 and the golf course never lookd so short. Anyway the Extreme does not have the crazy fancy paint like many do but if they made the Razr Fit better by lowering spin and more forgiveness than I am a buyer. Would love to hear more about launch and spin characteristics of stock shafts. Don't know why they stick with such a primitive three way adjustment sleeve with large adjustments between indents? Archaic in comparison to the Other adjustables. I don't really care about the endless adjustments but would like to be able to fine tune face angle better. Does anyone have any real numbers from the club or shafts?