2024 Rocket Mortgage Classic WITB Photos ×

It is getting out of control with fans yelling stuff after players hit! (merged)

Eec55

[quote name='mr smith' timestamp='1379285012' post='7856385']
[quote name='Cwing' timestamp='1379198363' post='7851659']
Step 1, put the tv/radio on a 30 second delay like other sports and cut it out of the broadcast. Showing ZJ confront someone is also bad play as it gives it tv time and that is one of the things these people want with the other being to influence the outcome.

How many times have you guys played a hole that runs along a roadway and had some %*¥%*^ yell or some other such term from a passing car for no reason other than to screw someone over. Also allowing call ins and after the fact video is inviting those types to get over involved in the action.
[/quote]
So you are suggesting that we stop live coverage because a couple of so called professionals cant take a few home truths from the gallery?
[/quote]

I can't wait to show up to your job this week. I don't even know how your were hired in the first place, cause it sure wasn't your good looks. BTW, mash potatoes. Hey, buddy, that email sucked, you choker. What? Just a few home truths, it's not like I got personal and said your mom's a b***** (which I believe is common knowledge at this point). *obviously, jk.

Not the same thing? People justify the behavior because it happens in other sports, but if it was happening to you, you'd probably feel a little different. It shouldn't happen in any sporting events outside those with a stadium sized audience at best where it's all drowned out together in noise. When it's a guy standing 10 feet from a player yelling stuff, I don't think any other athlete in pro sports that would deal with it without someone getting punched. It's amazing how professional golfers are in dealing with the rude behavior... but they shouldn't have to.

----------------
Golf Jobs
Driver: Titleist TS3 9.5 w/ Tensei Blue 55 S
3W: Titleist 915F 15 w/ Diamana D+ 80 S
3H: Titleist 915H 21 w/ Diamana D+ 90 S
Irons: 4-GW Titleist T100 w/ Project X LZ 6.0
Wedge: Vokey SM8 54.10S TC w/ Project X LZ 6.0

Wedge: Vokey SM8 60.04L TC w/ Project X LZ 6.0
Ball: 2021 Titleist ProV1

spacer.png

• Replies 953
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There truly were some really bad occurrences of yelling over the weekend. I'd be surprised if the PGA Tour body doesn't come out and at least issue a statement acknowledging the "problem" sometime this week or before the Championship.

And I'm also getting tired of reading people's comments pointing out that it'a the same as in other sports. Really?? Before making those statements next time please do yourself a favor and ask how it could possibly be the same...just take a moment to compare the VENUES!

[indent=1]M2 Atmos Black[/indent]
[indent=1]M2 Speeder[/indent]
[indent=1]Ping G Tensei Blue[/indent]
[indent=1]p790 Modus 130[/indent]
[indent=1]O-Works Red 7s
Z Star XV[/indent]

• 3 weeks later...

I dont know if it made coverage during the Presidents Cup but I was just speaking with a friend who was there and he said some jerk yelled taco as Cabrera was making a putting stroke. People yelled at the guy and started chanting "[email="a@#^%$"]a*#^%$[/email]#" and after the putt was made he was removed. That is how you stop this crap from happening.

[quote name='buckeyefl' timestamp='1381097813' post='7961905']
I dont know if it made coverage during the Presidents Cup but I was just speaking with a friend who was there and he said some jerk yelled taco as Cabrera was making a putting stroke. People yelled at the guy and started chanting "[email="a@#^%$"]a*#^%$[/email]#" and after the putt was made he was removed. That is how you stop this crap from happening.
[/quote]

I bet Cabrera removed him. You don't mess with the Pato.

Edit: yelling taco to an Argentinian... what an idiot! lol

On hole 2 yesterday, some idiot yelled balls right after Cabrera hit........he walked over to the guy with his 3 iron still in hand......he gave him the death stare, I literally thought he was going to beat the guy. TBH, I was kind of hoping he would. No idea why a grown man would yell that outside of being totally drunk.

Titleist 915D2 9.5* Rogue Black 95MSI 60S
Callaway XHot Pro 15* Project X 6.5
Mizuno MP Fli Hi 2 Iron C-Taper X
Bridgeston J40CB 3-PW Project X 6.0
Ping Anser 54*,60* Project X 6.0
Taylormade Imola 8 35"

[quote name='HighSpeedScene' timestamp='1381149767' post='7964065']
[quote name='buckeyefl' timestamp='1381103755' post='7962299']
Exactly. For that alone the idiot should have been slapped.

Oh and he drained the birdie putt.
[/quote]

Yes, more violence is the answer.

Super.

Edit: nm - see you're a buckeye. Makes sense now.
[/quote]

You might want to concentrate on getting the violence in your city under control before commenting about a slap or a Buckeye. Now try to stay on topic.

[quote name='buckeyefl' timestamp='1381151110' post='7964143']

[/quote]

Super.

[/quote]

You might want to concentrate on getting the violence in your city under control before commenting about a slap or a Buckeye.
[/quote]

Settle down kids.

Ping G425 Max driver & fairway woods
Ping G425 hybrids
Ping i25 irons
Odyssey Ai-One Jailbird Mini 

Srixon Q Star Tour

[quote name='buckeyefl' timestamp='1381151110' post='7964143']

[/quote]

Super.

[/quote]

You might want to concentrate on getting the violence in your city under control before commenting about a slap or a Buckeye. Now try to stay on topic.
[/quote]

Rare combo - sensitive AND violent. Guess dudes can't give each other crap about sports around here.

Go Green!

[quote name='jones137' timestamp='1381150452' post='7964109']
On hole 2 yesterday, some idiot yelled balls right after Cabrera hit........he walked over to the guy with his 3 iron still in hand......he gave him the death stare, I literally thought he was going to beat the guy. TBH, I was kind of hoping he would. No idea why a grown man would yell that outside of being totally drunk.
[/quote]

Cabrera is one hell of a nice guy, sportsman through and through, would you blame him for walking away from the type of abuse he recieved at Jacks place ? Maybe that is what it will take for the PGA to awaken to the fact the problem is serious, Some player deciding that he is not paid to listen to abuse and walk off , If action isnt taken soon maybe sponsors will start to walk, Amazing that they are considering what to do about phone in,s about rules infringments but nothing about players getting abused

[quote name='Pat_Irish' timestamp='1381160401' post='7964901']Cabrera is one hell of a nice guy, sportsman through and through, would you blame him for walking away from the type of abuse he recieved at Jacks place ? Maybe that is what it will take for the PGA to awaken to the fact the problem is serious, Some player deciding that he is not paid to listen to abuse and walk off , If action isnt taken soon maybe sponsors will start to walk, Amazing that they are considering what to do about phone in,s about rules infringments but nothing about players getting abused
[/quote]

Like a moth to a flame...

[quote name='buckeyefl' timestamp='1381097813' post='7961905']
[/quote]

This needs to be done at all tourneys and they need to taze the idiot as they are being dumped outside of the ground of the course. Anyone buying a ticket should have to sign off that they are subject to removal and being tazed. They should also take their name and the people should be banned for at least 2 years from any golf tourney.

[quote name='Pat_Irish' timestamp='1381160401' post='7964901']
[/quote]

Cabrera is one hell of a nice guy, sportsman through and through, would you blame him for walking away from the type of abuse he recieved at Jacks place ? Maybe that is what it will take for the PGA to awaken to the fact the problem is serious, Some player deciding that he is not paid to listen to abuse and walk off , If action isnt taken soon maybe sponsors will start to walk, Amazing that they are considering what to do about phone in,s about rules infringments but nothing about players getting abused
[/quote]

It does not reflect well on Jack and I think Jack is the greatest who ever played the game with Hogan a close second.

[/quote]

I bet the guy kept his mouth shut the rest of the day.

Confronting the idiots is the most effective way to deal with this. Unfortunate that the Tour is not leading the way but I expect to see more and more players do what Zach and Angel did.

I think players have the authority to have fans ejected. Pretty sure I say Phil have Bones have a guy ejected once.

People have been yelling because they get attention, a lot of it positive. Even Dufner and Keegan are giving these guys attention which is pretty stupid. To turn it around, they just have to make sure that these people only get negative attention. The Tour, Media, players and fans.

[quote name='bscinstnct' timestamp='1381163285' post='7965155']
[/quote]

I bet the guy kept his mouth shut the rest of the day.

Confronting the idiots is the most effective way to deal with this. Unfortunate that the Tour is not leading the way but I expect to see more and more players do what Zach and Angel did.

I think players have the authority to have fans ejected. Pretty sure I say Phil have Bones have a guy ejected once.

People have been yelling because they get attention, a lot of it positive. Even Dufner and Keegan are giving these guys attention which is pretty stupid. To turn it around, they just have to make sure that these people only get negative attention. The Tour, Media, players and fans.
[/quote]
Payne Stewart did many years ago in the Ryder cup singles when Monty was getting abused, refused to play on until a few guys were ejected for abusing Montys father as well as Monty

[quote name='Wood511' timestamp='1381164395' post='7965255']
I'll say it again. This needs to get far worse before anyone will do anything about it. I can't wait to see a player go after someone in the crowd.
[/quote]

As with most everything on the PGA tour, the PGA completely lacks all ability of forward thinking. they will wait until the problem gets completely out of hand, and then sit around trying to figure out how to fix it.

too worried about upsetting the small number who attend a tournament to get drunk and annoy majority, and sooner or later the majority will start slipping away. by the time this issue registers on the PGA radar, it will be much bigger issue. its going to take the players getting upset, and the loss of dollars from viewers tuning out. problem is, no player wants to be the one to stand out against the annoying yelling, other than poulter. poulter made his comments and twitter users fired back in support of the yelling.

players don't want to be labled as grumpy ungrateful golfer by select few even though the masses want the annoying yelling put to an end

Ping G400 LST 10 w/ Hzrdus Black 6.0 75g
TM M2 3HL w/ Rogue Black 70 S
Cobra F8 19*
J15CB w/ Modus 120X 4-P
Cleveland RTX3 CB 50 54 58
TM Spider Tour Black w/ T-sightline 36" 

[quote name='HoosierMizuno' timestamp='1381240120' post='7969783']
I'll say it again. This needs to get far worse before anyone will do anything about it. I can't wait to see a player go after someone in the crowd.
[/quote]

As with most everything on the PGA tour, the PGA completely lacks all ability of forward thinking. they will wait until the problem gets completely out of hand, and then sit around trying to figure out how to fix it.

too worried about upsetting the small number who attend a tournament to get drunk and annoy majority, and sooner or later the majority will start slipping away. by the time this issue registers on the PGA radar, it will be much bigger issue. its going to take the players getting upset, and the loss of dollars from viewers tuning out. problem is, no player wants to be the one to stand out against the annoying yelling, other than poulter. poulter made his comments and twitter users fired back in support of the yelling.

players don't want to be labled as grumpy ungrateful golfer by select few even though the masses want the annoying yelling put to an end
[/quote]

I'm not condoning the yelling, because it doesn't matter to me either way. It doesn't take away from my experience, but I'd be fine with a rule disallowing the yelling. It's a non-issue for me.

However, I think you may be a bit off base here thinking "the masses" want the yelling to stop. I know that most of the golf purists on this site want the yelling to end, but you have to be honest with yourself and realize that the membership of this great forum does not accurately represent the golf watching public as a whole. There is a much lesser percentage of weekend warriors on this site than there are in the general public. There is a much greater percentage of golf junkies on this site than in the general public.

All I'm saying is that just because the consensus on this site seems to be to have the yelling stop, I'm not so sure it's a good representation of the public as a whole. Hence the twitter responses to IJP.

TaylorMade SLDR 430 9* with Project X 7C3 6.0
Callaway X Hot Pro 3Deep 13* with Aldila ProtoPYPE 80 S
TaylorMade UDI 1-iron 16* with Dynamic Gold X100
Cleveland 588TT 4-PW with KBS C-Taper X
Scratch 47, 51, and 56 wedges with Dynamic Gold X7 8-iron shafts
Odyssey Metal-X 7 Mid 385g cut to 38" and counterbalanced
TaylorMade Lethal / TaylorMade Tour Preferred X

[quote name='bwrichmond' timestamp='1381318418' post='7974645']
[quote name='HoosierMizuno' timestamp='1381240120' post='7969783']
[/quote]

[/quote]

I'm not condoning the yelling, because it doesn't matter to me either way. It doesn't take away from my experience, but I'd be fine with a rule disallowing the yelling. It's a non-issue for me.

However, I think you may be a bit off base here thinking "the masses" want the yelling to stop. I know that most of the golf purists on this site want the yelling to end, but you have to be honest with yourself and realize that the membership of this great forum does not accurately represent the golf watching public as a whole. There is a much lesser percentage of weekend warriors on this site than there are in the general public. There is a much greater percentage of golf junkies on this site than in the general public.

All I'm saying is that just because the consensus on this site seems to be to have the yelling stop, I'm not so sure it's a good representation of the public as a whole. Hence the twitter responses to IJP.
[/quote]
Why would anyone want the yelling to continue?????

[quote name='bwrichmond' timestamp='1381318418' post='7974645']

[/quote]

90% of my golf buddies are weekend warriors yet all of them agree the moronic frat boy shouters are incredibly annoying. People are generally too polite or are afraid of confrontation at golf tournaments to tell the idiots to shut up. Poulter was lauded for his comment. Only Steve Elkington and Howard Stern himself made any sort of significant response; one correcting the "muppets" part and the other correcting the spelling of "baba booey." Besides Dufner and Bradley, multiple Tour pros have been quoted as saying the shouting is annoying.

It's moronic and needs to stop.

This won't end as long as the PGA tour keeps promoting garbage like the Golf boys videos.

[size=3][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Current bag:
Titleist TS3 Oban Kiyoshi Purple 65 [/font]
[font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Titleist TS2 GD Tour AD-MT 7[/font][/size]
[size=3][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Titleist 818H1 19, 818H1 23 GD Tour AD-DI 85[/font][/size]
[size=3][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Epon AF-705 5-AW MRC OT-I 95
Vokey Wedgeworks SM7 Raw 54M, 58D[/font][/size]
[font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]Scotty Cameron 009[/size][/font]
[font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]Taylormade TP5x[/size][/font]